Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2purehearts
Msg: 42
Acting like a boyfriend on all counts but saying just a little more then friends? Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Thanks UGlyfroggie...I removed it...it was there for another valid reason but now makes no sense as I may become single again.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I wanted honesty but empathy and I got some folks who misunderstood the course of what I was trying to express.

Happy Fishing!
 jmark4
Msg: 43
Acting like a boyfriend on all counts but saying just a little more then friends?
Posted: 6/9/2012 10:53:30 AM

You met socially and became friends and enjoyed each others company.
He wanted more but you were reluctant.
You said you weren't ready for a relationship but you decided to make it a FWB arrangement.
He was supportive of you - helping around the house, friendly with your kids but respected your wishes not to rush you into applying a label to your relationship.
Then because he wasn't suffocating you and because he didn't apply pressure to you, you felt insecure ?
You didn't discuss your confusion with him at first until he was going away and then he explained he had some significant things going on in his life so you started to pull back.

You defined the boundaries of your relationship ! You got what you asked for.
Then when you wanted to change them, he wasn't in a position to offer what you had previously rejected.

I guess sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

All you can do now, is explain that you would like a real relationship and see if he;s willing to consider that. If he isn't, you are going to either have to lay in the bed you made or decide to walk away.

great comment. You are playing head games op. You want to be suffocated by attention because you seem insecure. then when you dont get it you freak out.

this is on you. Sex isn't a toy and you used it as one. Now you are on the other end.
 2purehearts
Msg: 44
Acting like a boyfriend on all counts but saying just a little more then friends?
Posted: 6/9/2012 12:23:28 PM
I dont' recall getting that earlier posting but nevertheless...nooooooooooooooooo I didnt' want an FWB arrangement hence my not wanting to jump literally into anything with him until i was sure that he would prove himself otherwise. FUnny how words, comments can be misconstrued misunderstood. Yes I went along with his request to give him time as he said he would need to get his s**** in order before making any serious moves. I was told thsi in November when I realized I was falling for him. Question I am asking myself...if Love doesn't look it , speak like it, feel like it, is it love?

I am not one to play head games but only a gal who doesn't beat around the bush with her feelings.
 clairedlawyer
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/9/2012 12:43:26 PM
If he has deep feelings for you, by now he will say so. He is putting you in a limbo because he is not even sure of himself but he was hoping to keep you until he is sure......
 2purehearts
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/9/2012 12:52:13 PM
Thank you sunshinebridge and clariedlawyer.

This weekend he has his boys and my kids are with their father. I'm getting alot of thinking/alone time. I've also been realizing/feeling that now that I've put an implied tiem limitation on him becuase of our argument last tuesday eve I need to really ask myself. Will his feelings change or come out or be expressed any differently just because human nature as a woman has said ..ok...is the jig up now? We have been playing house for a year come sept. We met May 2011.

If he is scared to say I think I'm in love with you or I think your great which he has said. Only once. Then he has to state what his intentions are.

I do have some insecurities with abandonment becuase of my past but I am also strong in voicing how I feel. Feelings that can only be suppressed for so long then they cry out.

It would be a shame if it can't be worked out. He truly is the most wonderful man I have ever met and what's sad is I could see myself with him on the other side of the table at breakfast when we are older (not married or anything) talking and laughing and enjoying life.

We shall see...since thursday he has been keeping the lines of communication open so I am positive about this.

Thanks ALL for your opinions and they do prompt alot of thought whether good or not. This really helps.
 2purehearts
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/6/2012 6:58:11 AM
Status...we have worked things through.and our relationship has progressed .

I am happy and feel content with where we are and are just enjoying each other.

Taking the time to really get to know one another is the only way to understand one another.

Thanks for all your opinions, comments.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >