Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > He fell off the face of the earth?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dixxiecup
Msg: 24
view profile
History
He fell off the face of the earth?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Hi ! The same kind of thing happened to me this week. A very nice guy started a conversation about 3 weeks ago. Then on to texting...which he texted me all through the day every single day. We met one afternoon at the park. It all went well and the next day he was saying things like "hey beautiful" and so on. We then went to dinner this past Friday and rented a movie to watch at my place. Made plans for the next day. We met downtown at a festival and he said everything was great. He even fixed my TV later that night ! The next day, Sunday, I texted "Good morning !". Nothing. Texted him again later on. Nothing. Yesterday, Monday, after I texted "are you still alive?" I got the..."I don't think I'm ready for a relationship yet...sorry I blew you off yesterday...I needed time to think".....and even though I knew that something was wrong on Sunday, it still kinda shocked me and my feelings were hurt. So of course, I'm thinking...what did I do wrong ? What happened ?? We weren't even in the "relationship" stage at that point. (And no...never even close to sleeping with him) So...I don't know. I think he should've been man enough to be honest and tell me the truth on Sunday ! But...I'm thinking he did me a favor :) But it still sucks !!! :)
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 25
He fell off the face of the earth?
Posted: 5/22/2012 6:01:43 AM

He had called me from a blocked number (weird?)

So, you've never met him in person and, if I understand this correctly, he called you from a number blocked on your phone?
It sounds like someone you blocked is playing with you. It may be you who has the stalker instead of him.

Be careful here, you don't know anyone from talking to them online. And, even if you meet them in person you STILL don't know them, really. Use your best judgement...
 Eagle Fish
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/22/2012 2:37:41 PM

Alright, here's a question for guys and girls. I met someone on here and we hit it off really well. He initiated the conversation the first day, and we had a lot in common. Never a dull moment in the conversation. He asked for my number a few days after talking on here, and he called 3 nights in a row. We'd talk more. He always ended a conversation with "can I call you tomorrow?". So I figured I'd here from him again. Wrong. He deleted his PoF account the day after our last conversation. He had called me from a blocked number (weird?) and doesn't have a Facebook account since another girl on this site stalked him (not surprising). So if a guy seemed so interested, why would he just fall off the face of the earth? We made plans to get dinner and that sort of stuff. It's like he didn't even exist!

You don’t know what you don’t know.

I don’t know what kind of music you like but maybe this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngH0fkiNo-g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ViqQkpcqE

I have found that people’s etiquette on online dating is quite different and unique. My goal is about meeting a person not the endless chatting back and forth. I want the dialogue to be always moving forward towards the meeting. I tend to exchange several good messages and ask for a phone number. I then call her and ask her to meet me. Nothing is real until you meet in person.

“When the going gets weird the weird turn pro”
Hunter S Thompson
 Not_Stupid
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/22/2012 7:20:58 PM
At least you all got to meet someone :)

I had a serial texter text me for a bit, poof, then come back to say he lost his phone for 2 days and wanted to blame me on giving up on him, so soon! I have to agree with some of the advise around here:

Get a voice chat going, you dont want to be suckered by someone you can't talk to, then:

Meet soon for a meet up, spend that 20 or 30 mins, make it brief, and think on how the meeting went.
(soon, by at least the 3rd of 4th day of sending replies in what ever format)

If it last longer than a week and they give excuse after excuse, and refuse to call, it is just a virtual booty text, to see how long it will take for you to become suckered in.

I say after this past weeks experience: NEXT! bwahaha!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > He fell off the face of the earth?