Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Stretch Marks!!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smilingrock
Msg: 46
Stretch Marks!!!!Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ever see a pooch belly with stretchmarks... Its not something you can overlook especially on a young girl.

I think the women here are looking for a potential dates reaction to their war scars. Guess the beach is not a good place to date LOL
 bullie62
Msg: 47
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/22/2012 10:23:39 AM

Ever see a pooch belly with stretchmarks... Its not something you can overlook especially on a young girl.

I think the women here are looking for a potential dates reaction to their war scars. Guess the beach is not a good place to date LOL

Sometimes women don't have to go to the beach to figure out if someone isn't worthy of her....

"war scars"..... One would think that would be honored, not revered, specifically, but at least shown some respect.

And I guess those who can't offer that will remain trolling the beach in hopes of finding perfection.

bullie~
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 48
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/22/2012 4:23:28 PM
I wonder if women who have stretch marks are any more accepting about guy having a full head of hair compared to the women are who don't have stretch marks. Most of us cannot help losing our hair anymore than a woman can avoid having stretch marks or saggy boobs or celulite.
 HowRJ
Msg: 49
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/22/2012 5:21:51 PM
and let's not forget height.......
 bullie62
Msg: 50
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/22/2012 5:56:38 PM

and let's not forget height.......

I've yet to come across a woman who was "disgusted" by the sight of a shorter gent, or a dood who was 7' ...... So this is really "apples and oranges" here. Carry on.

bullie~
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 51
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/22/2012 9:22:58 PM
She may not be disgusted by a shorter gent or a gent with parts of his head of hair missing but she may pass on dating him as a result of it. Sometimes this happens in spite of the fact that he maybe a couple of inches taller than her or she does not have a beautiful head of hair herself.

I am sure some men will pass on dating a woman with stretch marks etc : this is just as shallow in my books. If you are not perfect yourself don`t expect perfection in someone else.
 dearsavannah
Msg: 52
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:46:39 AM
Nobody is perfect. I know that it seems like a big deal, but if you're confident about it and acknowledge that it's just a part of who you are, no MAN will care. Personally I find them to be kind of sexy on women. When I was really sick I got a few right near my belly button, but they weren't stretch marks.. I don't know what it was. But I just loved it, thought they looked so bad ass. But then they faded away. Embrace your flaws, love yourself, and no man will be able to resist you.
 Beminetonight
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 8:52:54 AM
This is absolutely nothing to worry about. You could even ask "Want stretch marks? I got 'em!" like the guy's in for a special treat. But I'd bet most wouldn't notice.
 nieceallure
Msg: 54
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/23/2012 1:44:28 PM
Same Here, Don't Feel Bad! But Think Of It Like This, REAL Women Have Stretch Marks Girl !!!
 CarKam1
Msg: 55
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 8:45:22 AM
My stretch marks are pretty noticable and they stretch up past my belly button, so I feel your pain! My x-husband said to me once that girls with stretch marks shouldn't wear clothing that display them because it's not attractive, my current boyfriend says that they don't bother him. Still, it's hard not to be shy about them. I personally feel less attractive with them, especially because they are accompanied by a belly. Oddly enough though, when I look at other woman with stretch marks I only see beauty in what they represent. You're a pretty girl and I don't think you will have any issues in finding a man that will see the beauty as well ;-)
 Sensei_Ro
Msg: 56
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:56:00 AM
haha Yep you're not a real women without stretch marks, really? I notice how many girls say my partner isn't "bothered" by them, not my partner says I have the most beautiful stretch marks haha. They are not attractive, but they don't hold a strong unattractive value. For example if your perfect girl is a 10, your perfect girl with stretch marks is a 9.96. As for the stretch marks that were formed while two people were together from having children or going through weight loss together that's different, then they are scars that represent a struggle you both went through. But when your new partner sees them he doesn't have the experience associated with them, so they're not going to be attractive to him. It would be like getting matching tattoos of a turd, you both see it as the experience and embrace the tattoo, but to everyone else it's just a turd on your body lol. (Pretty extreme example but you get the point).
 LipstickJunkee
Msg: 57
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/24/2012 9:58:53 AM
Alot of women have this problem, men included. But anyone can point out a couple flaws if not more on ourselves and eachother, at the end of the day its about accepting yourself :) and others too. There is beauty in flaws, stretch marks included. I have a couple myself, and although they have faded alot they are still there! And sometimes, I just feel ridiculous about it.. but we can't help certain things. What we can help is how we view them. Oooh and there is also some good creams- mama mio has a great line for all sorts of that stuff, and tanning, airbrush, you name it ;)
 NJ_Writer
Msg: 58
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/26/2012 9:35:15 PM
Speaking as a young dude, stretch marks aren't that serious. The main issue would be if you have them and you physically look very loose and flabby. Otherwise, we all have things on our bodies that may not be our best feature. A lot of the time, it takes awhile to notice it anyway unless you wish to point it out upfront.
 SMatthewAod
Msg: 59
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/10/2012 2:19:10 PM
Well, this is awkward, but POF won't let me message you because apparently I live too far away...

I say distance be-damned... I think you have an amazing personality, and you're easy on the eyes. I'd like to be able to talk with you some time.

~Mort
 2hotcougar
Msg: 60
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/10/2012 3:34:40 PM
a dancers secret buy sexy high cut pantys and pull the waist all the way up to your belly button no more streach markes and it makes your legs longer
 SL1991_09
Msg: 61
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/13/2012 9:21:31 AM
I feel the same way.... My thighs and sides have always been full of stretch marks and now my stomach is full of them and they are very visable. It is emberessing beyond words and one of the reasons i don't want a man to see me without clothes on
 phoenix_55
Msg: 62
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/13/2012 9:59:13 AM
I believe 90% of a woman's body issues disappear with maturity -- when you're confident in who you are. If you don't focus on your perceived imperfections, I doubt the guy will either. Oddly enough, even with 2 kids and weight loss, I have no stretch marks. But I do have a huge surgical scar, c-section scar and several other surgical scars. I have no problem with my boyfriend seeing me naked and he's never been repulsed by any of them.

Alway remember this: If you're the only naked woman in the room, you're a 10 to the guy you're with ;)
 ThePrettyReckless
Msg: 63
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/13/2012 11:20:58 AM
ive always had stretchmarks and no one has ever complained about them, ever.
 MV6000
Msg: 64
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/13/2012 12:00:47 PM

Ok sooo me and my bestfriend have this problem. We are stuck on the idea that men will not find you attracted if your have strech marks. i have a few of my own becuase i use to be bigger and dropped a bunch of weight. Also my friend as a ton because she had a couple of kids. Becasue of this i feel very self conscious about my body. I dont know what to do or what to think about this situation.

I didn't read all the other reply's but here are my two cents on the situation.

First off congrats on graduating Le Cordon Bleu. We both graduated as the same class different state which is pretty interesting. Ok, back on topic....

Honestly, if someone truely does find you attractive stretch marks wouldn't matter. You are very good looking and if someone were to use stretch marks as a reason to not be with you they are just looking for excuses and you shouldn't want to be with that person to begin with. So don't stress it and just be yourself.
 RR Man
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/16/2012 6:08:20 PM
Since when have stretch marks ever hurt a guy? My ex was 340 when I married her and we had a kid together. She also had weight loss surgery.

Since being divorced, I've dated women who are older, big, have had kids or all three. I think stretch marks merely show that your girl has lived life. The perfect body doesn't exist for either gender. Any guy who insists on the "perfect 10" is going to sleeping by himself a lot.
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/16/2012 6:17:42 PM
My last BF was very turned on by my stretch marks, especially the ones on my boobs. It was one of his "fetishes".
 circle-circle
Msg: 67
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/16/2012 6:53:21 PM
Honestly, don't date men looking for 'perfect' women. Men who want 'perfect' women cannot cope with reality and will reject women for being less than physically perfect. Date men who look for personality and humor, and build up your self-confidence.
 40sayers
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/16/2012 9:34:38 PM
Stretch marks would never bother me.

Can't think of a reason why they would.

Oh well, to each their own.
 deerdog1
Msg: 69
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/17/2012 1:02:02 PM

Stretch marks NEVER GO AWAY

im sorry you is mistaken ..on some women they do eventually go away... my wifey had them but our youngest child is 32 ..and I really dont know when they went away but I did notice they're gone..not that it mattered when they were here
 CharminC
Msg: 70
Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 10/17/2012 2:21:45 PM
When a woman is naked, does the man ever leave?
No, he doesn't.

I've not once heard of my male friends talk of this and they tell me everything. In fact, I hear about cankles, dirty nails and bad breath more than anything.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Stretch Marks!!!!