Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 saveta
Msg: 26
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Men and women can wear all the falsies they like, but at the end of the day when they're together with somebody their true physical attributes will be revealed. I just don't see the point.
 VienneSeule
Msg: 27
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?
Posted: 5/19/2012 8:00:21 AM
You speaking on geneder specific reproductive/sexual organs. Which is a completely different conversation since we have no control over what gender we are.
However, we have control over whether or not we choose to increase our height. The point he was trying to make is that if its okay for a woman to increase her height, then why is it not okay for a man.

yea and my point is if youre going to start wearing heels then you might as well fake lashes, girdles, dresses, fake lashes, fake nails, wigs, coloured contacts (those arent gender specific either) because it makes u just as unnattractive pick and choose any one it doesn matter. Some things are meant for women and some things are meant for men. Thats my point.
 Walts
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/19/2012 8:17:17 AM

. Some things are meant for women and some things are meant for men. Thats my point

Your point is totally wrong. The problem some of you woman have is that you want what you have always HAD, and more. You want to be "equal" but you don't understand what the word means. Why do you think that a woman alone has the "right" to enhance her looks,but a man can't?????? Women wear heals because?????? They are comfortable????? :O No, a lot of women do it, to gain some height, or because they feel it makes them "look better". And now, some men feel the same way. Life's a biatch sometimes.
 Walts
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/19/2012 8:23:28 AM

We also wear lace panties and bras...........doesn't mean we want the Opposite sex doing

Some people enjoy viewing men in lace panties and bras. Just not everybody. I actually don't enjoy viewing a woman with any gear on,but that's an individual choice. So, save your money, and wear nothing underneath that little red dress, okay????
 Fleuron
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/19/2012 8:57:08 AM

The problem some of you woman have is that you want what you have always HAD, and more. You want to be "equal" but you don't understand what the word means. Why do you think that a woman alone has the "right" to enhance her looks,but a man can't?????? Women wear heals because?????? They are comfortable????? :O No, a lot of women do it, to gain some height, or because they feel it makes them "look better". And now, some men feel the same way. Life's a biatch sometimes.

Seriously?

If we wanted to be ‘equal’ we would wear ugly men shoes, not have men wear ours.

IMO, a man wearing lifts looks desperate, like he has no confidence in himself, and THAT is what’s unattractive. Not the shoes themselves.

It’s like a toupee….it SCREAMS desperate insecurity.

Looking foolish won’t enhance anyone’s looks. If a man wants to enhance his looks, he should try doing something that actually enhances them.
 tumblingtoast
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2012 9:31:55 AM
Well it worked for Sarkozy enabling him to get into Carla Bruni's underwear.....though the lack of electoral power may force him to wear bigger ones now
 _mr_brown
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2012 10:07:40 AM

yea and my point is if youre going to start wearing heels then you might as well fake lashes, girdles, dresses, fake lashes, fake nails, wigs, coloured contacts (those arent gender specific either) because it makes u just as unnattractive pick and choose any one it doesn matter. Some things are meant for women and some things are meant for men. Thats my point.

heels? I thought we were talking about height increasing insoles? I agree if a man starts wearing some pumps out on a night on the town he deserves to get made fun of.
 Fleuron
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/19/2012 10:08:50 AM

IMO, a woman wearing hair extensions looks desperate, like she has no confidence in herself, and THAT is what's unattractive. Not the hair extensions themselves. It's like makeup, it SCREAMS desperate insecurity.

Whew….am I glad I don’t wear hair extensions. (eyeroll)

Your mocking copycat post might have a bit of merit if this was a thread about hair extensions. Probably you can’t tell when a woman is wearing them anyway. Unlike lifts.

I knew a guy who wore lifts and it was like looking at a puppy sitting outside in the rain.
If that’s the way a man wants to present himself to women, he should go for it. He should be sure to wear pants long enough to hide them and while he’s at it he should have his torso stretched so his body looks in proportion.

You should follow your own admonishment:
The subject is shoe lifts or platform shoes. And if anyone has a problem with men wearing them.

Long muscular man legs just can’t be faked.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/19/2012 10:24:35 AM
heels? I thought we were talking about height increasing insoles?

Ya DID ask for a woman's perspective, and maybe got more than ya bargained for here..
Most women have said it makes ya look puppy-like, maybe they would cuddle a bit and pet ya..

IF you choose to truly be okay with yourself, however short that you may be, it may exude more confidence and ultimately get you some of the type of attention that you may be lacking so far..

Long muscular man legs just can’t be faked.

Now I know I should take a pic of my gams with my runnin shoes on, you wouldn't really wanna see my huge feetsies..
 platypus_man
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 5:10:21 AM
Exactly how is it any different from women who wear bras that 'enhance' their bust? We're back to women who insist on men being totally honest with them, yet reserve the right for deception for themselves.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 5:17:09 AM
Seems fake.
He'd still take them off at the end of the day unless they're implanted.

Athlete Aimee Mullins on the other hand, pulls off a dramatic height change at will. (way taller than just wearing heels)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ0iMulicgg
 Fleuron
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/20/2012 7:46:32 AM

You ignored makeup.

Aw….you go right ahead and wear makeup if you want to. : )

Look, if you think a woman wearing foundation and mascara compares to a man wearing elevator shoes, that’s fine. You don’t have to date women who wear makeup or hair extensions or contact lenses or nail polish or anything else you disapprove of.

If I chose to date a shorter man, I’d want him to be comfortable enough in his own skin to BE shorter.

Being short isn’t what is unattractive…..being insecure is.

So don't come to the forums whining and crying when you can't get a date........................

I was thinking the same thing, Spitfireee.

‘Boo, hoo…I can’t get a date but appealing to women would jeopardize my Man Card so I’ll just call them ‘shallow’ instead.’

ETA:
When I flipped it around, you were just getting upset at your own post.

frankiesinatra22, will you please show me where I was ‘getting upset’? I’ve done nothing but be supportive of men who choose whatever the heck they want to do. All I did was express MY opinion that confidence is appealing, not freakin high heels on dudes!

Now I’m gonna lose my emoticon formatting and I hate when that happens…..
 colt8301
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/20/2012 7:53:29 AM

Ok, so i have a friend who is 5'7. He wears a product called liftkits which add 2 inches along with some shoes that have a 1-2 inch heel and he ends up being about 5'11 with all of that on.

Wait, I know you want women response, but where in the hell have I been the last few years. Men are wearing high heels now? See....first it's manicures, now pedicures, nose jobs, implants, now dudes are wearing heels, jesus. lol
 _mr_brown
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 7:58:23 AM
Wait, I know you want women response, but where in the hell have I been the last few years. Men are wearing high heels now? See....first it's manicures, now pedicures, nose jobs, implants, now dudes are wearing heels, jesus. lol.

lol, nah man. I didn't say dude was wearing pumps/stilletos. You average mens dress shoe can have a 1 inch heel.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/20/2012 8:08:02 AM
I would laugh at them.

Like this.....hahahahahahahahaha.
 Ledout22
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:37:27 AM
Yah man, they're back in. Trust me, they're all the rage. They're hip.
 Extollere
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:47:03 AM
Whatever floats their boat. I don't give a rat's about height, so whatever makes a guy feel good, so be it.

Though knowing me, if it was someone I was dating and he used them because he was really short, I'd likely mess with him.

"Hmm, I think I'll wear my 8 inch heels tonight. Whatcha gonna do now, punk? Wanna borrow a pair?"

Said with love, naturally.
 trinity818
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/20/2012 12:33:03 PM
I think if it makes him happy and gives him more confidence then it's a good thing.

I used to swing dance with a boyfriend who was about 5'7". I'm 5'4". Even though I wore short heels, it was sometimes difficult to swing under his arm. These insoles would have been a great solution.
 DomG79
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/20/2012 12:37:58 PM
Women on this site have rejected me because I am 5'6. I wouldn't wear shoes to make me taller. I looked into the surgery though, $150,000 for cosmetic limb lengthening. Chances are that the surgery will cripple you. If a woman cannot accept me for how I am, they are not worth my time.

As far as your friend, women are every bit as superficial and shallow as men are. Your buddy found a way to disguise his perceived flaw, just as many women do. I believe in equality, so he has that right.

I once shaved a 6-pack into my body hair on my stomach, I suppose that is in the same ball park.
 DeerTaint
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/20/2012 12:49:27 PM
Just like every other superficial accoutrements, it's false advertising.
 I_AM_THE_LORAX
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/20/2012 1:56:03 PM
what Landra2 said on page 1
 I_AM_THE_LORAX
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/20/2012 2:00:09 PM
BrookfieldGentlemanTom

i heard there was a pair of platforms with a fish swimming around inside them. if you see a pair of these kinds of shoes, let me know, because i'm dying to see these shoes!! ~nod nod~
 Extollere
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/20/2012 3:21:31 PM
Women on this site have rejected me because I am 5'6.

Yikes. I don't get that at all. I've always thought it was kinda cute running around with a guy near my height (I'm 5'4" on a tall day). It's been a bonding experience I guess. Can't reach a damn thing, both of us straining to reach the top shelf in the stores and whatnot. Two dorks jumping and bouncing around in the aisles. It's a good laugh!

The only time I could see it really sucking is at a standing-room only concert. That would require enlisting the help of some tall friends. Or what an ex and I used to do was just wear giant elevated platform combat boots when we went out clubbing so we could see over everybody's big heads (and hope a strong wind didn't knock us over).

$150,000 for cosmetic limb lengthening.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis? They can do that?? Oh gawd WHY WHY?! They need to leave my short men alone! :(
 cautiously_optimistic88
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/20/2012 3:39:27 PM
it would probably bug me only because i don't personally wear heels or tons of makeup or fake nails/lashes. also i'm tall, about 5"9 and know from the past that i feel weird dating guys who are shorter so i would probably be irritated if i found a guy who i thought was my height or taller was actually shorter
 BrockLee74
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/20/2012 5:53:23 PM
They still make those patform shoes. My buddy is an entertainer at a retro club and I rode with him one day to get replacements (they crack and leak after a while). Look for higher end costume shops.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?