Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 51
view profile
History
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Just make sure the "enhancement" sock is in the front, not the back!
 J_bird61
Msg: 52
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?
Posted: 5/20/2012 8:04:29 PM
Does he also wear a toupee?
 MEXICANLADY42
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/20/2012 8:07:02 PM
That is different. I would not stand for it, I like a guy taller than me.
 aboutgettingby
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:32:59 PM
You got to be eff'ing kidding me, height enhancing footware, are people that superficial. That is one of the benefits of aging, you are what you are, it's been that way for a very long time, some are going to like it and some won't, hopefully you really don't care.
 Fleuron
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/21/2012 10:12:24 AM

i wore a fur collared floor length herringbone coat with huge polyester elephant bell bottoms that covered my 6 inch heels. got those shoes in Cleveland. a big ass fedora hat and tight shirt unbuttoned halfway down.

That sounds like a pimp character from ‘Starsky and Hutch’ or some other ridiculous ‘70s show. Did you drive a purple Caddie with big fuzzy dice hangin from the rear view mirror? Oh, yeah...and a fake hairy chest and badazz muttonchops, too.
 OyVay...
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:50:46 AM
Tsk tsk tsk...Fleuron, are you saying he should change his screen name to "huggytom" or "brownbear"?

Stayin alive..stayin alive huh huh huh stayyyyyiiinnn allliiiivvveeeee!

hahahahahaha!
 DragonBits
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:35:54 PM
Tom, I give you credit for not hiding who you really are.
fur collared floor length herringbone coat with huge polyester elephant bell bottoms that covered my 6 inch heels. big ass fedora hat and tight shirt unbuttoned halfway down

I look at some old pics of what I wore and I get a little embarrassed.
 TRESemme
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:42:22 PM
i've never seen a man wear that kind of enhancement yet. if i ever see one, i bet it would feel weird seeing him like that.
 Fleuron
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:43:12 PM
Oh, yeah....I forgot that guy's name. Too funny, OyVay!
 _mr_brown
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:47:05 PM

i've never seen a man wear that kind of enhancement yet. if i ever see one, i bet it would feel weird seeing him like that.

Well a insole goes in the shoe, so you wouldn't even notice that he has them on.
 ThreadMasterB
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:55:33 PM
I should try those so I can be 6'7"
 starofgaia
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/21/2012 3:00:02 PM
Men fall into the same trap as do women when it comes of trying to "measure up" to the elusive state of perfection people are augmenting themselves for, so sad.
 fillyphilly
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/21/2012 4:54:39 PM
Shoe lifts who cares. Now if they could make implants for men and not the breast kind. I'd be happy.
 JessieJet
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/21/2012 5:24:31 PM
I've known a few guys who wear lifts and cowboy boots with heels... and it's really not an attractive look. Plus, what happens when the boots come off? I'd be a little concerned about his self confidence if he thought 4" of height was going to make me turn and walk away.

For the record, I'm a woman who is 6'1 bare-footed and yes, I wear 4 or 5" heels very regularly, it's obviously to make myself taller since nothing is hotter than a 6'5 tall woman :D ;)
 RD2112
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/21/2012 9:01:38 PM
@ VS
so i guess men shouldnt have a problem with us p*ssing standing up and all over toilet seat and floor or buying a strap on, or shaving our head or wearing boxers instead of panties etc no bras and no pads or tampons on our period either...or that would be a double standard on your part to expect us to do that!!

Not seeing a possible double standard but in a couple things. The rest is just a rant.

Most of the stuff you just listed is standards made by women. Go ahead do what you want. Let all your pit hair grow to flow in the breeze. Let the Jungle down below make the Amazon look tame. Go all naturale and don't bathe. Some guy will want that. Just quit being so hateful.

peace
 abelian
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/22/2012 2:42:24 AM

Plus, what happens when the boots come off?

By that time, you'll be lying down and won't notice until it's too late. I would assume the idea is just to get one's foot in the door (pun intended), not try to perpetuate the charade.

I'd be a little concerned about his self confidence if he thought 4" of height was going to make me turn and walk away.

On the other hand it might be self confidence that made him think that the 4" of height was just to get your attention and make a first impression until he got to talk to you or get you into the sack. You wear 4-5 inch heels to attract attention initially. Does that mean you lack self confidence and think a guy is going to run out on you when the heels come off? Do you wear makeup? Are you afraid a guy is going to run when you wash your face? My guess is no to both questions. You just care about the 1st impression.
 DameWrite
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2012 2:14:59 PM
I don't give a sh*t that he wants to wear lifts and he better not give a sh*t I don't wear heels.
 tcutie4u
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2012 9:09:27 PM
I'd be more concerned about his insecurities.
 cashleys
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:06:15 AM
Well, women wear heels because guys think it is sexy and women feel sexy in them. But doesn't apply to guys, their legs not looking sexy in lifters.
I say, he should just be himself.
 maxthedaredevil
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/12/2013 12:17:25 PM
Guys, why are you asking women what they think about shorter guys appearing taller? Don't do that. Just put insoles in your shoes, look taller, bang the crap out of them and then don't call (unless you want to bang again). Besides, a couple of inches (to even four) won't blow you out of proportion, so it won't be noticeable. Plus, we're talking about insoles, so it doesn't really show that you are wearing "lifts".

So go ahead, look taller, attract women, and f*k peacefully! It does help. The taller you are, the sexier you are.

Now if you are looking for a relationship, just be smart about it. Take off an inch gradually and she won't really notice that much. And if she does, well, it'll be too late. She's already emotionally hooked on you. ;)
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/12/2013 1:21:29 PM
I dated a man in the past who did this. It did not bother me at all.
 tatersprout
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/12/2013 1:56:42 PM
The difference with a woman wearing heels and a man wearing heels and lifts is that the woman isn't trying to disguise her height with them. Women wear different height heels depending on their outfits and style, and are not attempting to appear taller. Platform shoes of the 70's weren't disguising heels--it was obvious how tall the shoes are.

Why would a man try to get a woman who cared about his lack of height that much? She is going to find out eventually anyway. To me, it screams of insecurities and I would be concerned about other ways his height insecurity will manifest itself.
 Lexti
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/12/2013 1:58:02 PM
I love wearing heels, but don't wear them for the height factor. Wearing heels is like walking on your tip toes all day and helps to elongate the legs and work the muscles in your calves and thighs, sculpting the legs. I never work out, yet my legs look like that of an athlete's, no joking, and this is because I wear heels to work everyday. It's not deceiving, because men can CLEARLY see you're wearing them, so not a fair comparison.
 sigungq
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2013 2:11:36 PM
Wearing lifts defeats heightism. I suppose it would be like someone painting their skin a different color to defeat racism.
 Fleuron
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/12/2013 2:44:10 PM

…so it won't be noticeable.

Oh four inches is noticeable to a woman; believe it.

Btw……if a guy is so hung up about his lack of height, he’s not gonna do well trying to implement PUA tactics
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?