Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 76
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
It just proves those guys are really "heels", lmao..........
 hounddoug
Msg: 77
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?
Posted: 10/12/2013 5:16:08 PM

As important a question as what do you think of women who wear padded bras..?
 cooldog65
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2013 5:46:42 PM

Oh four inches is noticeable to a woman; believe it.

Oh...You were talking about height...
 April1963
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/12/2013 6:26:37 PM

Guys, why are you asking women what they think about shorter guys appearing taller? Don't do that. Just put insoles in your shoes, look taller, bang the crap out of them and then don't call (unless you want to bang again).

I was soooooo mad and offended by this comment / advice.

And then I read this:

HE is on a gay dating site: http://gay-dating-guide.com/tips-on-becoming-more-attractive/

I was like...... ahhhhhh......... ok......... it all make sense now.

REST IN PEACE LITTLE GRASSHOPPER !!!!

ETA:
men wearing Increasing insoles? I do not mind... Men look good with boots make them look taller and thinner also.

Post_PrepatoryLIFER
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/12/2013 6:34:48 PM
OP -Genuine Honest men Always, will win my heart.
I met a man online. His profile said he was 5'7". When we finally met, he was 5'2". I'm 5'6". It didn't bother me in that he was still the attractive and still the funny conversationalist I connected with. I was, however disappointed he could not be honest about how he went about our meeting. He left the 'meet' as he later texted me- I lied about my height. I was taller than my profile said was his text ????

Another man I met, on POF actually, his profile showed him in a cropped photo. Very attractive man. I messaged him. We talked, agreed to meet. When I met him, he was bald. Didn't bat an eyelash but I did think he had an insecurity. He asked if I was okay with him being bald and I answered him honestly no, because I find bald men Hawt. That man is currently the leading man in my dating life. *grins*
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/12/2013 7:32:07 PM
It's 5-6; its all I got - been that way since 13. meh
If you are going to hate / ignore / judge or label me based only on my height
then do not be surprised or upset when I do the same based solely on the size of your tits or waist.

as for shoes - the only time they have a heel of any merit is when I am riding the dirt bike ; and I need those knobbies for traction.
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/12/2013 7:42:19 PM
It's a little weird, but whatever they like I guess.
 Archiver
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/12/2013 7:46:55 PM
maxthedaredevil MSG 89:

Guys, why are you asking women what they think about shorter guys appearing taller? Don't do that. Just put insoles in your shoes, look taller, bang the crap out of them and then don't call (unless you want to bang again). Besides, a couple of inches (to even four) won't blow you out of proportion, so it won't be noticeable. Plus, we're talking about insoles, so it doesn't really show that you are wearing "lifts".

So go ahead, look taller, attract women, and f*k peacefully! It does help. The taller you are, the sexier you are.

Now if you are looking for a relationship, just be smart about it. Take off an inch gradually and she won't really notice that much. And if she does, well, it'll be too late. She's already emotionally hooked on you. ;)

Please, this guy is a scammer or catfish. There are multiple GIS hits on his photos.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2013 10:19:16 PM
I guess my stilts and Uncle Sam costume won't attract the women this Halloween.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2013 3:47:56 AM
1 1/2-2 inch boot or shoe heels/inserts are not uncommon.
Sneakers can give you an inch.

Its the ones that look like Frankensteins monster platforms that look ridiculous.

If a man carries himself well, so what if he is a bit shorter?
 Theme_Pack
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/14/2013 4:14:41 AM
My brother is the one with height issues and he's 5 inches taller than me....The milk man was Asian hmmmmm! wait a minute we had cows!
Lifts, I have never worn anything like that....but to me its no different than wigs, make up, hair extensions etc. as long as you don't change as a person once you take away those enhancements....Years ago when I would approach a woman and ask her to dance the sweet ones would remove their heels....now most dance places for safety reasons you have to leave foot wear on....
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/14/2013 4:29:33 AM
Women do not feel anyway about it, nor is it really their choice...
General society stands, and their trends, will dictate their behaviours , what they consider "weird" "out of style" at the time, acceptable???...The obvious is plastered through out the responses on the thread...
If tomorrow platforms were in for men, they would be the social normality and people conform to such ideals...
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/14/2013 6:54:39 AM
I wouldn't care personally. I view lifts in the same way as a I view bras. They're designed to alter your appearance and make you appear more attractive. Granted, it would suck as a woman to suddenly find out the towering young man you're dating isn't so "towering". He takes off his shoes and drops 4 inches? I'd do my best not to laugh, keep my poker face and then find a way to excuse myself without letting him know I was making a run for it. I could never look at him the same way again.

Thankfully, I've never been tricked this way. I date a guy for months before getting intimate since I don't see any reason to share my body with a stranger.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/14/2013 10:54:47 AM

Lifts, I have never worn anything like that....but to me its no different than wigs, make up, hair extensions etc

I would say it's more like hair extensions, not wigs. Many times it's hard to notice hair extensions. I would say a woman can look very different with a wig vs her real hair, as opposed to her heels vs flats. Her looks doesn't change in moderate heels. I guess her presence changes from those HUGE heels vs flats.

But like HUGE heels being "in", I have noticed guys' shoes having some "up" to them is more in now. And we're not talking about shorter guys-only, either. Some guys who are 5'10" want to get around that 6'0" mark. Just the same as you'll see some women about 5'10" wear those HUGE heels and tower over tall guys.

In the end, is a woman going to cry foul if a guy's wearing cowboy boots or more commonly, shoes with a somewhat thick heel under? If she's taking her heels off, and he's taking his shoes off, at the "worst", there's going to be the Same height difference between them .... and far more often than not, she'll get shorter with her heels off than his that have a thicker than average heel on it.
 sigungq
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2013 8:52:18 PM
@ babblingbrookes,

It would be funny, if you dated a guy for months, fell in love with him, before he ever removed his shoes and stood next to you, only to find he's 4 inches shorter. That said, please tell me you are not THAT shallow..........
 DragonBits
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/16/2013 11:38:19 PM

I wouldn't care personally. I view lifts in the same way as a I view bras. They're designed to alter your appearance and make you appear more attractive. Granted, it would suck as a woman to suddenly find out the towering young man you're dating isn't so "towering". He takes off his shoes and drops 4 inches? I'd do my best not to laugh, keep my poker face and then find a way to excuse myself without letting him know I was making a run for it.

It seems you actually care quite a bit about this.

From my POV, it's pointless to attempt to appear a few inches taller, so I wear sandals quite a bit.

Might was well own it.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/17/2013 8:44:57 AM

@ babblingbrookes,

It would be funny, if you dated a guy for months, fell in love with him, before he ever removed his shoes and stood next to you, only to find he's 4 inches shorter. That said, please tell me you are not THAT shallow..........

I wouldn't date a guy for months without seeing him without his shoes on. My boyfriend came to my house for dinner after dating for a couple of weeks. No one wears shoes in my home except my grandparents. It's unhygienic. He dropped a little when his shoes came off, but it just brought him down to his natural height of 5'4". He presented himself as 5'4" on his POF profile so it didn't surprise me when it happened.

I honestly had to think about this one. What would I do if I dated a guy for a couple of weeks and he dropped from 5'4" to 5' (I don't date men shorter than me and I'm 5'1"). Honestly, I'd let him go. I'm not in love with him and he's crossed my sexual threshold. I'm not like the guy in the Crying Game who can find out the girl he's dating is actually a guy and keep trying for a relationship. My deal breakers are honest deal breakers, not preferences. Sex is a key part of a relationship for me and I don't view men that short as MEN. My instincts tell me that's a boy and my female parts don't get excited about having sex with boys. I'd frankly dry up like a prune if he tried to touch me.

I'm OK with being shallow in this instance. My sex life is a integral part of my happiness and I don't compromise with it for the sake of others dreams of what they want the world to be. I'm the one who has to live with the decisions I make good or bad. I truly feel for women who are tall and have the same traits I do. I can afford to be the way I am because I'm petite. The vast majority of men are taller than me. My boyfriend is shorter than average, but he's still 3 inches taller than me. So yes...I am that shallow. :)

If I were considerably taller and still had this natural deal breaker, then I'd have to work hard to be competitive. Basically be the best I could be so that the men I want, wanted me back. If my best wasn't good enough and I couldn't find a man taller than me to take me seriously, then I'd have a hard decision to make. Do I choose a guy I'm not sexually attracted to and subject both of us to a marriage with little sex? Or do I go the honorable route and become a devoted matriarch to my extended family? I'd like to think I'm honorable enough to forgo a relationship with a guy I'm not sexually attracted to just because I'm lonely.

It seems you actually care quite a bit about this.

I'll clarify. Men in general walking around in lifts has no bearing on my personal life. If I'm not dating him, then I don't care what he does. Men can walk around wearing clown make-up for all I care. It doesn't affect me since I'm not scared of clowns. :)
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/17/2013 10:43:48 AM

Honestly, I'd let him go. I'm not in love with him and he's crossed my sexual threshold. I'm not like the guy in the Crying Game who can find out the girl he's dating is actually a guy and keep trying for a relationship. My deal breakers are honest deal breakers, not preferences. Sex is a key part of a relationship for me and I don't view men that short as MEN.

Yes. It's not about "lying". Look, shoes or no shoes, which can vary greatly, especially in colder climates, people are going to seem/feel a bit taller or shorter than they state. One's height varies from when they wake up to when they go to bed, their posture (often overlooked), the type of shoes they're wearing, the type of shoes the observer's wearing for their "sense", and how big their butt is when sitting down (my sister's notably shorter than me; when sitting down, she's "taller" than me).

I've been told by some gals I was taller than what I've said before. No comments the opposite way, but I'm sure some girls may have thought that way. I've had guys when in conversation about particular things say "So, you're like, 5'X", right?" where they vary greatly.

IMO, I could easily see the "lying" being to what their visual expectations would be, when there was no lying or exaggerating going on at all. Especially when there's this "online assumption" that all guys lie about height, which fuels false reads. So I can totally see why a guy should aim to wear shoes that give a little extra to avoid such things, if he's close to HER height.

Having the threshold of a guy being taller than you when you're 5'1" -- I totally understand. You shouldn't get any flack for that. That's where it hits a sexual threshold, and not a preference, I can understand. He's going to be shorter than all the other guys in the room considerably, even in arenas where there's not any tall guys. It goes beyond mere "taste". When a gal's 5'6" and needs a guy talLER, that's her own delusion if she thinks it's not a preference but he thinks he's a boy (assuming he's not a stick on top of that).

Nobody should criticize a short woman to want a guy more than just an inch taller than she is
Nobody should criticize any woman for wanting a guy who is ~her height or more, in (normal) heels

The latter is the most usual case as to why women want guys 3 inches taller (to even out to her heels). But if THAT is THE case, then I can't see why she couldn't be fine with a guy who's only a bit taller than her wearing boot-shoes or insoles or thick heels or whatever -- to do the same... especially since, unlike heels, the guy's boot-shoes aren't very noticeable.
 DragonBits
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/19/2013 5:23:58 AM

I'll clarify. Men in general walking around in lifts has no bearing on my personal life. If I'm not dating him, then I don't care what he does. Men can walk around wearing clown make-up for all I care. It doesn't affect me since I'm not scared of clowns. :)

I got you. You strongly disapprove of men wearing height increasing insoles as a date, they are like clowns.

But it isn't a actionable offense, so you wouldn't pass a law against it. As long as you don't have to date them, you aren't offended that they exist.

Actually, I agree with you though not to the point of laughing at them. Wearing lifts is a strong sign of insecurity, which isn't appealing. Only times I think it's legit is if they are an actor / politician and appearance is their meal ticket.

My take is that you want to be diplomatic but under that have strong opinions.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/19/2013 9:19:49 AM
Um, I just used the clown reference because all of my friends are terrified of clowns. I don't see the guys themselves as clowns. My point was that guys can do whatever they want so long as it doesn't affect me.

Well, I always strive to be polite. I empathize with a short man's plight, but not to the point to date someone shorter than me. I guess I see the humor similar to this scene from "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHFp8s_R1LU

Someone suddenly dropping 4 inches would be hysterical to me, but I see your point.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/19/2013 1:52:34 PM
I wear 4-6 inch shoes; so it would be pretty hypocritical of me to have a problem with a man having some extra height added. As long as when we're barefoot we're comfortable, no worries. If he wore them and lied about his height though, that I'd have a problem with.
 DragonBits
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/20/2013 6:33:55 AM

I wear 4-6 inch shoes; so it would be pretty hypocritical of me to have a problem with a man having some extra height added. As long as when we're barefoot we're comfortable, no worries. If he wore them and lied about his height though, that I'd have a problem with.

It's fundamentally different.

Women wear high heels that are obvious and for style, while men wear height increasing insoles to conceal their true height.

Insoles are more like a padded bra.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/20/2013 5:50:20 PM
It's fundamentally different.

It's different, but I disagree that it's fundamentally different. Both have the same fundamental root -- attractiveness. Stronger for a guy, and height directly being the main thing obviously for him.... whereas with a woman it can to some degree for some ladies increase attractiveness being taller, but also pointed out by ladies -- posture, and their butt position better being a key reason. All in all, it's to increase attractiveness. Although obviously less dimensional, a guy being taller increases his attractiveness.

while men wear height increasing insoles to conceal their true height.

It's to increase his attractiveness, just like women. It's usually just coming in different directions, that's all. It's not to conceal ("Ha! You see how I tricked that woman?! She had no idea! Now I'm going to put a penny in her beer! She won't know that either!") -- it's to increase attractiveness, what virtually everyone actively or passively does. Also, in colder months, you may not know or notice a woman wearing heels or boots when wearing jeans with non-slim ends. Is she trying to conceal? No. How quaint or loud something is, is about (accepted) style.

I wear 4-6 inch shoes; so it would be pretty hypocritical of me to have a problem with a man having some extra height added.

I agree, although it's less of an issue for girls than with guys, but yeah, still an "enhancer" in attraction. Whereas with women it may not do that much, with some guys it certainly can do more comparatively. I think it shouldn't be a problem with a woman who says she wants a guy X inches taller than her -because- she wears X-inch heels. But if she's like "no no, I don't want a guy wearing even fashionable shoes or boot-shoes or insoles that help make him a bit taller," then the original statement wouldn't be accurate.

Oh I thought men always judged women on their boobs and their waist ratio anyway!!

Their face means a lot! A lot more than people, even themselves, may know. And there are a lot of other aspects that contribute, too. But yes, boobs can mean a lot -- so can waist line, or better put, body shape (that waist ratio represents).
 sddude
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2013 4:09:14 PM
this is long but i think it is interesting, in the end it is about my boots and model friends.

Wow ,

alot of women here are pretty cruel to guys, well seeing their response to the their advice and point of view, that question was loaded and ended up getting crapped on hahahaha. Poor short guys, hunch over, crawl under a rock and die, women not only think your shortness is unattractive, you will be laughed at and killed if killing short guys was legal.
just kidding do not kill me, please hehehe.

I am 5ft 5in, I do not care, I used to be hung up by all offensive responses , insults and other stuff in person and dating sites, kind of found out the source of these are pretty low quality as human, spiritual and cultural as far as qualities, are concerned so not worry about those low quality meanies of societies, kudos for the coherent and helpful responses here too.

If a short man is insecure he will be eaten alive and crapped out as soilent green in this culture, not the same insecurity as tall guys though,different causes probably.

In real life things are different but in the shallow world of clubbing and the internet, perfection is demanded no matter how oneself beleives to be, we are all receivers on the other end, in clubs and in this site, one has to be thick skinned, people are cruel especially alot of women here, damn scary to think of ever meeting some of these people in person, hehehehe.

Alot of personal attacks happen here in all the threads.

Well I have 5 roomates who are tall models living in my house. They are also my close friends and a couple actually persued me but for personal reasons I decline.
They get up in the morning and put on their makeup , fake eye lashes, padded bras, butt lifting panties, temporary extensions, color their hair red or other colors, shave their legs and apply hair removal cream on their face,
belly button jewelry etc... I help them out often. Fake boobs, liposuction, removed ribs, skin lightening, fake tans is all nromal intheir line of work.

They go to the gym for 2 to 3 hours daily, eat like they are being punished.

I tell them with all that equipment , people do not know how plain they look in real life, they answer me that being beautiful is not confortable and it is painful but looking plain is very insecure for a woman, they have to compete with other women to gain attention from both sexes, being plain in public and not having those looks makes for a sad day, so they feel great when they have the tools to make others want them or want to be them. Their great feeling of security, even with a short guy is not dimished, they only feel that other people feel that the guy with them is fortunate, hahaha, kind of true. Guys that are too handsome or overly the big dog of the litter takes attention away from them .

They tell me that women who feel insecure with a short guy are insecure themselves, they feel other poeple are judging them that the short guy is all they could get in life because they feel that are not attractive enough themselves or are insecure in a protective sense and feel unprotected by a man who is preceived as short like 5 ft 6in and below, even if the woman is like 4 ft 9n ( I have been called to short for them to date, they preferred 6 ft and up). They tell me that those women would be almost insulted if they find out a guy they thought was taller to be shorter, they do not deserve the horror of a short guy, he would suddenly be perceived as an insecure small runt of the man litter that does not deserve them hahahaha.

their words not mine, they have pretty ways of saying things.

I torture them in a joking way, telling "gosh" you look fat or see that tire hang , oh oh boobs falling down etc...
in the end only I will love you forever...hahaha
they run to take action, they take my fashion sense and comments too seriously.

I sew and pad their bras and tighten their clothes on my sewing machine, I also work on their cars and fix everything in the house, when I was married (may she resst in peace I was my wifes, fashion assistant, she was an amature fashion designer.

The women living with me invite me clubbing to events and they tell me to get manicures so that my damaged mechanics hands to look metro like, I train the military in techy stuff and spend alot of time outside.
They have me put on jackets and shirts to enhance my upper body and select pants that make my guy butt more attractive, and YES they have me put on those boots that make me look taller, they want me to look good to their other model friends they kind of love/hate.

So yes i wear some BOOTS that make me look taller sometimes biker boots or cowboy boots or what they call engineering boots or what I think is pirate boots, I get compliments on my boots and have no problem getting dates
even when they know I am 5ft 5in , it is about attutude, hanging with queen bees and creating atmospheres with both sexes making them think that I am the most interesting man in the world or a "pimp daddy" that girls want to know and guys want their sisters to date hahaha.

I am only looking for and old fashion keeper like me (no matter what people first impression is about me , that is me)

I am not a woman but this was about input from my roomates that ask me out and ask me to put on my boots to look good to other women.
 Proteaus
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/30/2013 4:33:50 PM
Back in the disco days them platform shoes were in style . I fondly remember that pair I had , white leather with five inch thick soles .
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?