Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Archiver
Msg: 101
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Sddude, you've got a great attitude. I have no doubt you'll find a terrific mate. Self-confidence is an attractive quality.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 102
view profile
History
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?
Posted: 10/30/2013 10:41:31 PM
The thing is guy wore platform shoes because they thought they were stylish not because they wanted to look taller, I always thought women wore high heel shoes for the similar reasons because the shoes go well with what they're wearing moreso than them wanting to appear taller.

I don't have an issue with it either way but they'll have to take their shoes off eventually and if they felt the need to wear heels because girls apparently care about that certain thing then who knows how said girls will react.
 sigungq
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2013 3:07:20 PM
Hey sddude,

Loved the post. Yes, many women can be downright cruel and shallow when it comes to heightism. Heightism is just as insidious as racism. Imagine what the reaction would have been if the prince in the original "Shrek" movie was dark of color, rather than short of stature.............. Most of the "shallowies" look for a man who is at least 6' tall. Of course they have that annoying little whine about "feeling protected". Well, Bruce Lee was only 5'6" tall. Show me someone more qualified as a protector? What the "shallowies" seem clueless about is that it is (and always has been) mankind's intelligence, not his height that has propelled him to the top of the food chain. Still, like moths to the flame, the shallowies will still make life decisions on flawed premises.
 strawberryrippleicecream
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/31/2013 3:56:05 PM
Barefoot 6 feet under, no.
 sddude
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2013 4:44:31 PM
sigungq,

I no longer have that hang up, i used to, I am old enough to be mature about it and still as always my life style has me meet alot of people and women, I see it all the time, I grow up with them and meet new younger people constantly, (women) as I see them age they have a preference but they project contempt and offensiveness, it could be that your are short, black, bald, asian etc... but invaribly they age and change, then they complain why guys preference is so that it seems offensive toward obese, older than they would like etc... and also complain in real life as well as here that as time goes by they become invisible to men and the younger pretty ones are preferred, they feel that they missed the boat.

It is nice to give everyone that is worth it a chance or at least be nice about stuff like that because one day absolutely sure a sector of society will see you as as one of the undesireable that do not belong or deserve unless they are family.

I dated a pretty woman that had a bit of a low IQ problem, she was pleasant a fun to talk to but a bit childish in her ideas, she told me I was one of the few guys that was nice to her and that women were the most vicious ones.

Be nice because not everyone thinks you are all that and one day you may become invisible too.
 sddude
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2013 4:51:36 PM
Strwberry you are 5ft 5in and do not care about no one being less than 6ft, I know alot of women that are around 5 ft and think 5ft7in is too short of a guy for them . Do you feel ridiculous being with a guy your height or unprotected or that you got the runt of the litter and other poeple will judge and laugh at you that a short guy was all you can get?

Not being mean just curious , answers always vary but no one has ever given a real answer, it is always "just Because"
We know why guys like thin , young and pretty women though even if she is an amazon or 4 ft 8in .

Kind of curious about why.

maybe if I wore 6 inch high heels yup I would make the grade or be laughed at hehehe, I have to have the shoulder pads and fake pecks to match that hahahaha, mmmm holloween costume
 GJBrown
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/31/2013 7:40:17 PM
I don't think women should wear heels anyway. It seems uncomfortable. You can't really run in them. If I met a woman who never wore more than 1 inch high that would be fine with me
 sigungq
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2013 7:48:22 PM
Hey sddude,

Actually, I'm white, and 5'9" - about average. As far as being undesirable, I've been completely invisible to women all my life. I've never had a relationship or a date. Don't know what that's like. Now I'm approaching 50, and I suppose even more invisible as time goes on. But I've never been unpleasant to anyone - man or woman for that matter. Maybe it's the nice guy syndrome. Don't know. I just look around, and like you I see such viciousness on the part of so many women. And I don't want to have anything to do with that kind of a person at all.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/31/2013 9:35:52 PM

I don't think women should wear heels anyway. It seems uncomfortable. You can't really run in them. If I met a woman who never wore more than 1 inch high that would be fine with me

Some of us CAN run in our heels, even the 6" once (grew up walking on my toes; it is actually uncomfortable for me NOT wearing heels. So not everyone wears them for cosmetic reasons; I think they're awesome since I love the color, shape and designs; they make me happy just because I LIKE them) but they are more comfortable for my feet ironically. But whatever floats your boat.

Hey sddude,

Actually, I'm white, and 5'9" - about average. As far as being undesirable, I've been completely invisible to women all my life. I've never had a relationship or a date. Don't know what that's like. Now I'm approaching 50, and I suppose even more invisible as time goes on. But I've never been unpleasant to anyone - man or woman for that matter. Maybe it's the nice guy syndrome. Don't know. I just look around, and like you I see such viciousness on the part of so many women. And I don't want to have anything to do with that kind of a person at all.

Will confess being not totally cynical, but just a little tiny bit surprised, that you could have made almost 50 and not ever had so much as a single date. That feels a little more forumish than real life possible, but if you are being legitimately serious, then I can't help but wonder how many opportunities you had that were missed because you "see" viciousness" that is not there, and miss interest that you assume is not present because of your assumption of "invisibleness".

My firsthand experiences in real life and on line don't line up with what you guys say everyone thinks and feels. Not just online; but in real life as well. So what that tells me? People have a VERY narrow view of "everyone' preferences, but you aren't worth of what a bunch of typed words on a page tell you that you are, because they don't know you; and they also don't know every single person who will interact with you. People have varying tastes; and there are a WHOLE lot more people that have out of the standard taste than is always spoken in here.

Instead of buying the koolaid, assuming failure and getting angry and cynical, find the things you like about yourself (you have to have some), and OWN them. The things you don't like about yourself? Change. And then open your mind up to women not as mysterious hostile diva-ish creatures, but as human beings just like you who maybe some even have ALSO on occasion felt invisible. Who is to say someone you come across in real life isn't shy like you and waiting for you to make a move that you don't make, assuming she is looking her nose down on you.

Shyness comes in both genders, I know plenty of women who also feel invisible who are downright lovely and in some cases flat out beautiful, but have been told by so many guys that they are not "wanted" by the dating pool because of those stats always floated out there that they are self conscious quiet and also assume the interest won't be there.

So two people both being shy can be totally interested, and have no clue, and the one will think they were rejected because they were x, and the other will think they were rejected because of y, and the misunderstandings will continue.

I think there is a lot less viciousness than you think is out there, and if you have not had a date and are being serious (I still confess a TAD bit of skepticism on that being fully true, though maybe largely), then don't start with a date. Start with a group and work your way down. The more you interact with women the less the mystery and assumption of rejection and the more you will realize there are plenty that are fun, funny, comfortable and interesting, when you look at them one at a time rather than as a confusing whole.

We really don't bite. Much :)
 psytle
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2013 9:35:58 PM
As a straight dude, I don't really care about men that use height increasing insoles.

It is interesting that many jump to the conclusion that any dude who uses such things does so for the sole intent of tricking those who are attracted to taller guys.

If it's possible for women to get breast implants (or whatever) solely for the purpose of self esteem, why can't men do the same?

Isn't it possible that a dude could wear these things because he's tired of looking up at everybody? Or some other reason that has nothing to do with attracting other people?
 talldarklove
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/1/2013 7:09:49 AM
This made me laugh, I won't judge but I suggest you not be so insecure. You may find yourself replacing other natural traits in the future also. If you must then I suggest boots, or other hard-bottomed shoes with no more then a 2-3 inch lift good luck.

-Kevin.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/1/2013 9:30:04 AM
sigungq,

Actually, I'm white, and 5'9" - about average. As far as being undesirable, I've been completely invisible to women all my life

You're above average in build, notably for mid-40s. Your invisibility is either due to some hidden crazy thing that you've never mentioned (full blown Turetts; always wearing a diaper; etc) -- or it's totally Your Fault. :) Assuming of course how you look now was more or less how you've looked through your adulthood year-for-year comparatively, much of the time.

Maybe it's the nice guy syndrome.

Oh, I'm sure that's a chunky ingredient in the mix, but it wouldn't make a guy to never get a date for 25 years straight... notably a guy, due to his pictures gets out, and even does dancing on display, etc. No, with everything else combined, it would lead you many "ruts", and that's about it.

I just look around, and like you I see such viciousness on the part of so many women.

In the forums, sure. Vice versa, gender-wise too. Don't use the forums as a litmus test for attitude out there. Women's personalities vary. You can use the forums as a look at obvious dos & donts that you may have missed out on -- not the attitude that may come with it by some posters! :)

And I don't want to have anything to do with that kind of a person at all.

I think this is the sign, IMO, as to why you're where you've been at for the past 25 years (again, assuming you've been more or less in the same looks dept since young adulthood). I don't think you're that sexually motivated. You really don't Want them -- whether it be due to being asexual for the most part, an inner-closeted homosexual, or emotional damage in relation to girls from your youth.

Even guys with many different personality problems, at below average height, a bit out of shape, and uglier face are going to have more non-platonic situations with females than he could count on his fingers if he's mid-40s and never in an LTR (which gives them more opportunities on a time scale).

You've GOT to have something big that is the 'catch'. Whether it be a severe problem physically, or an internal problem that's a part of you that purposely holds you back.
 Archiver
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/1/2013 12:05:57 PM
Confident-Realist, thanks for saying what I've wanted to say to Sig for a long time. Sig is either a troll (and lying about all this hopeless virginity/no dating crap), or is seriously running away from any possibility of a relationship. There are probably women drooling over him at dance class and the dance clubs. There is nothing sexier than a good dancer. He's nice looking, has a good job, is well-traveled, and speaks well. Even without the dancing, he's a catch. There is definitely something wrong with his story, which has frankly become exceedingly boring.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/1/2013 12:30:43 PM

Sig is either a troll (and lying about all this hopeless virginity/no dating crap), or is seriously running away from any possibility of a relationship.

Not just a relationship but even a purposely-aimed roll in the hay or fling -- or just a Date for the sake of a date. I believe he's got something Big that he's not telling or he's emotionally damaged and way way out in left field in a certain part of his mind.

Trolling? Well, the forums aren't a pickup joint. At all. I would only think that if he was posting in his State's forum section where that's more a possibility. Such trolling measures wouldn't remotely close him in on girls. I don't think he's that stupid. Maybe he IS taken and has a significant other, but this is his way of being "allowed" to be online, as long as he projects himself that way (outside of private messages he may send via the matchmaking end of the site)?

I'm going Occam's Razor on this one. There's some big issue or handful of issues combined that he hasn't revealed.
 sddude
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2013 4:22:29 PM
segungq,

Well dude people seem to think you are a troll or a loser hahahaa, that is ok you know who you are, maybe a loser bottom feeder or a winner no one knows unless they know you .

I work for the government and i work with extremely nice and some are pretty good looking men even buff with rugged features that some women adore they are mostly short with doctors degrees very moral with strong values hard workers and very shy, I know them, they are the kind of guys I would like my sisters and cousins to date, if I had older daughters I would be impressed by their choices but you know they are like you invisible and they admit being virgins, they got shot down enough to get into their shy box and concentrate on family and work .

I was 27 when I had my first GF and lost my virginity when I was 25 during my honeymoon. I know one guy who is 50 buffed out with a six pack is even on here, has no kids and has also been widowed, his first GF was at 29 and married as a virgin also at 30, his wife died in a car accident, no kids, he is too good a guy and a bit shy to have had another serious relationship , women judge him as something not to pursue or respond too, he is a all man pretty good guy, hard worker positive and takes care of his aging parents and single mother sisters like I do, you can say he like a brother soul.

Yes we do exist but women do not see that , I only have gotten my mojo, i can now get any woman i want actually in a physical sense but still looking for that good spiritual honest woman without drama and baggage to carry. I try to convince my co workers about getting back thier mojo but women have damaged them too much so they just concentrate on work and family, hookers are out of the question for them they are too good of men for that, still women see them as the runt of the litter until they need them for something material.

Heck it has been years since I have gotten an e-mail, that is how a bottom feeding runt they see me.
 NewYorkFan1
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/3/2013 4:32:04 PM

I was 27 when I had my first GF and lost my virginity when I was 25 during my honeymoon

Ok, what am I missing here. Didn't have a gf till you were 27 but you got married at 25.
Usually the gf comes before the wedding.
 sigungq
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2013 4:19:02 PM
Hey Confident-real: I think I said this in another thread, but probably bears repeating here. I am very awkward around women in general. I used to e more outgoing, but as time and rejection have taken their toll, I tend now to avoid most situations that involve women. That said, another strange phenomenon has plagued me all my life. It seems that no matter where I go, I find that women are outnumbered by men usually by about 2 (or more) to 1. My highschool graduating class had 181 students, 64 of which were girls, 117 boys. Needless to say who didn't have a date for the proms........ Don't EVEN get me started on engineering school......... Then there is martial arts - about 8 to 1 men to women. Scuba diving isn't much better. I thought ballroom dance would be better - nope, more men than women there too, and most (of both genders) are over 60 years old. Go figure?? Also, when I was in highschool, the few girls that would give me the time of day usually handed me a bunch of grief to go along with it. I was sort of a late bloomer, and by the time I was ready to date, every girl was already coupled up with someone. So in general, it seems several things have conspired to make my interactions with the fairer sex pretty much non-existent.

So to kind of answer your last point, it's not just one thing that has plagued me, but a multitude of them. And yes, I've pretty much looked the same throughout my life. Had more hair when I was younger, but that's about it. I work out just about every day to stay in shape. I used to think it would help me attract a woman, but nowadays, I do it to keep my body in good health. I have asked out hundreds of women over the years. And I think (at least partly) due to one of the reasons I mentioned above, they all "already had boyfriends". One oddity however....... I have (on numerous occasions) been chased by married women........ WTF???? I DON'T DO MARRIED WOMEN!!!!

Anyway, that's the life and times of sigung Q.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2013 10:20:02 AM
Women should wear the tallest stilettos possible and guys can only wear flats, no lifts...hey I lack hair but I'm tall so what do you expect me to say :)
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/7/2013 1:55:05 PM
I am very awkward around women in general. I used to e more outgoing, but as time and rejection have taken their toll, I tend now to avoid most situations that involve women.

Unless you only go after super models... that isn't a revealing factor. Rejection takes its toll. Kind of. Aim lower to get your confidence back up (like a QB throwing a screen pass)... In a nutshell, you have to start WANTING rejection.

Bad ratios just means more time. You're too scared, is all. What is that doing for you? Okay, I can see having a "breather" -- even an extended one during a particular time frame, etc. But you're WAY beyond that. You have to understand: Your response is what a guy would say to others who could "always do better" with the girls he's with... and/or not getting 'enough' dates/sex/etc.

You're in a Totally Different Ballpark. That's why I say there has to be something else. HUGE. Maybe not something officially in writing -- but it sounds like you just don't want women, really. Unfortunately, over the years, you've sadly gotten into a gear that's become a part of you -- no sexual female interaction on any level big or small.

THAT is worse than getting rejected and laughed at at the bar. I'm saying this not to bash you at all -- but to wake you up to realizing what's up. You're NOT avoiding humiliation or humbleness by being a part of the bench -- which is incredibly rare & weird. You're actually putting yourself in the spotlight of it in the long run, and have. Save yourself -- in a great, fruitful way in the long run -- by doing what your "gut" tells you NOT to do! Anyone who DOES get to know ya will end up seeing you in a worse light, on the topic of women, than the cheezeball hitting on women and getting rejected all the time! :)
 sigungq
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2013 4:04:16 PM
Hey Confident -

No, I don't take any of this as you trying to bash me at all. In fact, I get the impression you are trying to help. What may seem small or insignificant to you, really is huge to me. When I was young, the girls were generally vicious and nasty to me. As I (and they) got older, ridicule evolved into rejection. Over the years, I've grown to dislike women. I would definitely have sex with them, if I could, but that still wouldn't mean I actually like them. This may seem small and/or insignificant to you, but perhaps if you lived the life I have, you might see it a bit differently. Then again, maybe not. Since we're all different, we tend to react differently to situations.
 Archiver
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/7/2013 7:12:00 PM
Ah-ha, it begins to make sense, Sig. I'm sorry. I wish you felt differently. Now quit talking about your dateless state and virginity.

I know all about rejection, as witnessed by all the fat-bashing in the forums. I generally let the bashing roll off my back because I know that not everyone feels that way. I still adore men and sex even though the average guy can't even SEE me. Harrumph-- the right ones do see me. I think attitude makes all the difference in the world. Try to avoid seeing rejection when none is actually being offered.
 sweetpe4u
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/16/2013 12:46:59 PM
Hahaha, if a guy wants to "BOOST" his ego I say go for it.
 sigungq
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2013 5:53:36 PM

Try to avoid seeing rejection when none is actually being offered.

When I continually ask women for dates throughout my life, and I'm told no (for whatever excuse), I call that rejection.

And Sweetpe4u, just thought you might like to know, there is a darker side to the name "Sweetpe", but it is of course spelled "sweetpee". ;-)
 aanarchist
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/16/2013 10:06:46 PM
i think unless the girl is shorter than the man by a lot then she doesn't need heels, i also think that a man who wears heels or whatever you call them is an insecure p*ssy, and probably a compulsive liar if he's going to try to trick people even about his own height. that being said, i would totally ask a woman taller than me to wear 6 inch heels out on a date because how baller do you have to be to date a woman who looks like she's a foot taller than you, i think the idea of it is funny and i certainly see myself asking my beloved to occasionally put on crazy heels to go out in just to have us a giggle at people's reaction in public.

here's the thing about superficial enhancement products, makeup, shit that makes you look less bald, boobjobs, all that crap. it's marketed for insecure people, and it's those same marketers that are the ones telling you that you're inadequate as you are. it's all a load of crap. accept yourself as you are and then you'll actually be happy with life. i've never seen a person who does any form of superficial body modification who's truly happy in life, they tend to be insecure and ignorant and neurotic.

i'm happy that people are honest about their shallow tastes though, saves us from wasting our time with them, raising the chances of finding someone who isn't shallow garbage.
 carbonius
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/17/2013 2:41:41 AM
insoles are lies, the way that padded bras are lies.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?