Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 119
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I am very awkward around women in general. I used to e more outgoing, but as time and rejection have taken their toll, I tend now to avoid most situations that involve women.

Unless you only go after super models... that isn't a revealing factor. Rejection takes its toll. Kind of. Aim lower to get your confidence back up (like a QB throwing a screen pass)... In a nutshell, you have to start WANTING rejection.

Bad ratios just means more time. You're too scared, is all. What is that doing for you? Okay, I can see having a "breather" -- even an extended one during a particular time frame, etc. But you're WAY beyond that. You have to understand: Your response is what a guy would say to others who could "always do better" with the girls he's with... and/or not getting 'enough' dates/sex/etc.

You're in a Totally Different Ballpark. That's why I say there has to be something else. HUGE. Maybe not something officially in writing -- but it sounds like you just don't want women, really. Unfortunately, over the years, you've sadly gotten into a gear that's become a part of you -- no sexual female interaction on any level big or small.

THAT is worse than getting rejected and laughed at at the bar. I'm saying this not to bash you at all -- but to wake you up to realizing what's up. You're NOT avoiding humiliation or humbleness by being a part of the bench -- which is incredibly rare & weird. You're actually putting yourself in the spotlight of it in the long run, and have. Save yourself -- in a great, fruitful way in the long run -- by doing what your "gut" tells you NOT to do! Anyone who DOES get to know ya will end up seeing you in a worse light, on the topic of women, than the cheezeball hitting on women and getting rejected all the time! :)
 sigungq
Msg: 120
view profile
History
What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?
Posted: 11/7/2013 4:04:16 PM
Hey Confident -

No, I don't take any of this as you trying to bash me at all. In fact, I get the impression you are trying to help. What may seem small or insignificant to you, really is huge to me. When I was young, the girls were generally vicious and nasty to me. As I (and they) got older, ridicule evolved into rejection. Over the years, I've grown to dislike women. I would definitely have sex with them, if I could, but that still wouldn't mean I actually like them. This may seem small and/or insignificant to you, but perhaps if you lived the life I have, you might see it a bit differently. Then again, maybe not. Since we're all different, we tend to react differently to situations.
 Archiver
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/7/2013 7:12:00 PM
Ah-ha, it begins to make sense, Sig. I'm sorry. I wish you felt differently. Now quit talking about your dateless state and virginity.

I know all about rejection, as witnessed by all the fat-bashing in the forums. I generally let the bashing roll off my back because I know that not everyone feels that way. I still adore men and sex even though the average guy can't even SEE me. Harrumph-- the right ones do see me. I think attitude makes all the difference in the world. Try to avoid seeing rejection when none is actually being offered.
 sweetpe4u
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/16/2013 12:46:59 PM
Hahaha, if a guy wants to "BOOST" his ego I say go for it.
 sigungq
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2013 5:53:36 PM

Try to avoid seeing rejection when none is actually being offered.

When I continually ask women for dates throughout my life, and I'm told no (for whatever excuse), I call that rejection.

And Sweetpe4u, just thought you might like to know, there is a darker side to the name "Sweetpe", but it is of course spelled "sweetpee". ;-)
 aanarchist
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/16/2013 10:06:46 PM
i think unless the girl is shorter than the man by a lot then she doesn't need heels, i also think that a man who wears heels or whatever you call them is an insecure p*ssy, and probably a compulsive liar if he's going to try to trick people even about his own height. that being said, i would totally ask a woman taller than me to wear 6 inch heels out on a date because how baller do you have to be to date a woman who looks like she's a foot taller than you, i think the idea of it is funny and i certainly see myself asking my beloved to occasionally put on crazy heels to go out in just to have us a giggle at people's reaction in public.

here's the thing about superficial enhancement products, makeup, shit that makes you look less bald, boobjobs, all that crap. it's marketed for insecure people, and it's those same marketers that are the ones telling you that you're inadequate as you are. it's all a load of crap. accept yourself as you are and then you'll actually be happy with life. i've never seen a person who does any form of superficial body modification who's truly happy in life, they tend to be insecure and ignorant and neurotic.

i'm happy that people are honest about their shallow tastes though, saves us from wasting our time with them, raising the chances of finding someone who isn't shallow garbage.
 carbonius
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/17/2013 2:41:41 AM
insoles are lies, the way that padded bras are lies.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 126
Posted: 11/17/2013 8:30:39 AM
men have always been lucky for women have accepted them in their natural state but if men want to go through same pain as some women go through to impress others he is welcome to do that.
 sddude
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2013 3:19:04 PM
Sorry for the typo on message 139 , writing too fast.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/26/2013 4:09:50 PM
At 5'8" I'm just an inch under the national U.S. average. The only bias I carry towards heightism is the websites like Match that carry both minimum and maximum height preferences in their profiles. I'm sure plenty of women prefer taller guys, and there's nothing wrong with that - but the computer software doesn't know you're "OK" with someone taller or shorter unless you're willing to open up that option. Online searches DO limit selections offered - sometimes severely depending on your specifics.
-----------------------------------------------------
I hear people talking about that extra height seems to give them confidence and makes them more attractive. Yes, confidence is indeed a romance-booster. I'd like to hear if people are willing to believe that it's not always because of just their SELF image that you see that confidence come out - it's how people react in your environment as well. Can one subtle change get a reaction from other people even if you're NOT trying to do so? I say 'Yes'.

I have a pair of all-purpose hiking/work shoes that have heavy, thick padded soles. I use them when I have to work long shifts on my feet - and pad them with some sport insoles as well to get as much cushion as possible. They're nothing fancy - but I probably get close to two inches boost from them. I don't wear them all the time - but enough that people should be used to it by now. I get done with a long shift and I'm freakin' exhausted. Once out in public - even without trying, people DO take notice - I get a more/longer 'scanning' looks from women, even smiles - even while doing the most mundane of tasks like pumping gas or getting groceries. Sheesh, I'm just looking for the salad dressing - not a date - and ladies still DO indeed treat me differently.

Is it that little height adjustment that puts me 'above' average, or it is that I'm sore as hell and dusty from work and just want to go home that makes me more attractive?
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 129
Posted: 11/26/2013 9:49:01 PM

Is it that little height adjustment that puts me 'above' average, or it is that I'm sore as hell and dusty from work and just want to go home that makes me more attractive?

Maybe, it's that manly rugged look along with the masculine scent plus the added upward lift that does it for the ladies?
;P
 DomLS1
Msg: 130
Posted: 11/27/2013 12:05:34 PM
My take on this matter is this:

If a guy is dating a girl who is taller than he is, in heels or not, he's going to feel inadequate. A guy who is 6'0 could date a girl who is 5'11 and always wears heels everywhere she goes, usually making her taller than the guy. Of course, being a guy, he's not going to want the girl to be taller and he will feel uncomfortable. I don't think it's out of the question at all for it to be ok for a man to make himself appear taller. But at the same time, people (especially shallow women) will probably make fun of the guy and make him feel less of a man. Girl's are the fakest creates on this planet with all their makeup and push up bras/butt panties etc. But in our society it's ok for women to do so and it's dubbed "being lady/womanily like." To answer your question, it's probably 50/50 on women's feelings about this. The 24 year old barbie doll who is faker than WWE wrestling will probably say you're gay, or laugh at you etc where as the more mature women (usually older) will be ok with it. It just depends completely on who you ask. From a guy's standpoint: Who cares about what anyone thinks? You do what makes yourself feel comfortable, and if anyone else has a problem with it then tell them to fk off.
 gingham7
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/23/2014 8:06:08 AM
Insoles wouldn't make me any more or less attracted to a man.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/23/2014 8:31:06 AM
The height thingy on the profiles includes shoes, right?

I mean, when she meets me I'm going to be wearing shoes anyway, so I figure I'll list my height WITH shoes.

Just make sure you wear them insole things to the first date.
 cotter
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2014 11:57:08 AM

Ok, so i have a friend who is 5'7 ...
... liftkits which add 2 inches along with some shoes ...
... that have a 1-2 inch heel and he ...
... ends up being about 5'11 with all of that on.

My question is, how do women feel about this?
If he's that desperate to deceive someone about his height, what else is he willing to hide in order to impress someone?

To what extent will he go (for example) to hide money problems ... health problems ... ... ... ?

The height thingy on the profiles includes shoes, right?
Nope ... it's barefoot at the doctor when you're getting your annual physical ...

That's why you better look your listed height.

Nothing outdoes what happened to me a long time ago (when I first started Internet dating) ...
A guy asked to meet me at a local burger joint who had listed himself as 5'10" and appropriate weight. I am truly 5'3" and actually do weigh appropriate to my height ... give or take 5 lbs. depending on how good the pizza was last night. I hate it when I retain all that fluid I have to drink when I eat pizza ... I get so parched.

Anyways, I had on flip flops and he had on joggers. He was already seated when I arrived but stood up to greet me.
1. He was the same height as me ... in his joggers. So he must have taken a "honey I shrunk" pill the night before.
2. He was almost as big around as he was tall. So he must have taken a "honey I turned into a blimp" pill along with the shrinking pill.
And there was a bonus ...
3. He had his 10-year old "I don't know how to sit still and have no manners" little boy with him that he had failed to tell me about. That was left over from his "late-in-life-fling" that went horribly stale not long after the child was born.

I guess my point is ... why not just be honest about things and there will be nothing to "explain" later! I always tell people I'm too lazy to lie. Actually, I'm just too lazy to keep track of all the other lies you have to make up to cover the original lie.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/23/2014 1:22:47 PM
If you can tell 6'1 from 6'2, kudos to you:)

If she's 5'11 and plays basketball or volleyball, I'll let her know before I ask her out.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/23/2014 2:30:53 PM
It may be the rugged look -or the "this one has a job" factor

I would not feel any differently dating a taller woman -unless she also was trying to kick my *** and I thought she could
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2014 7:11:26 AM
The Randy Newman thread. A shorter guy might have more difficulty getting a first date with a internet woman he does not know over one he has previously met thru a casual encounter much the same as a bald, older, over-weight (hey that's me, cept I do have height & weight going for me ;) much the same as a woman with the same issues. That being said, sooner or later the truth comes out and it's much better to put your true cards on the table from the get go. I would rather go on a date in bare feet and find out from the get go and eliminate anyone I felt had a "shallow" mindset on height/hair/weight because they are truly not someone I could ever have a decent relationship anyway. There are so many eligible people to date you don't need to waste a lot of time changing yourself just to get or go out on a date. Spend time with people who like you just the way you are, it makes things so much easier .
 DragonBits
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/24/2014 7:46:34 AM

A shorter guy might have more difficulty getting a first date with a internet woman he does not know over one he has previously met thru a casual encounter much the same as a bald, older, over-weight (hey that's me, cept I do have height & weight going for me ;) much the same as a woman with the same issues.

Does this mean I win the trifecta? Is there a prize?

I would rather go on a date in bare feet and find out from the get go and eliminate anyone I felt had a "shallow" mindset on height/hair/weight because they are truly not someone I could ever have a decent relationship anyway.

I think a lot of men and women aren't looking for a decent relationship and would be content with short shallow meaningless bouts of crazy money sex.
 cooldog65
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2014 8:25:21 AM

Wow ! How judgemental are you !? And questioning a guys sexuality because they want to add a couple of inches is just well wrong ! A lot of woman are heightist. A good looking guy might not get noticed by the girl he likes simply because they are a couple of inches shorter than what that girl would usually go for. So why not use something to add a couple of inches? I think adding 4 inches would be wrong and. Agree that it might stand out and make the guy look a but odd. But I see nothing wrong whatsoever with a guy adding two inches through footwear to get themselves better noticed. And I can't see how this possibly makes a guy a closet case!? Really don't know what you are on suggesting that ?

The above post was in response to Vienne Seale on page one.

That poster you responded to left 2 years ago. Nice rant though.

At 5'7", I'm about 3 inches shorter than the average male, but about 3 inches taller than the average female.

Footwear will give me about an extra inch to an inch and a half. Having above average muscle mass makes up for my lack of height.

I change what I can change.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/24/2014 9:28:58 AM
My deceased husband was 6'2" and I'm short. I have always been attracted to tall guys.....until a guy 5'4" and a guy 5'6" made me realize that height is just that, you're taller. I'll take an awesome short guy any time. I just want awesome and I don't care if he's short, bald, tall, blonde, etc. I look at the whole.
 cotter
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2014 5:38:19 PM
I'm a dancer and really don't want a man to be too much taller than me. All I ask for is honesty. Just be honest.

If you're wearing lifts to make yourself look taller ... just say so. What's the problem?

gtomustang
Msg: 141
Posted: 8/24/2014 5:58:09 PM
Chances are, one will find out a certain fella is wearing lifts...when he takes off his shoes. Which may be the moment you've both agreed to park said shoes under your bed. Will it really change the course of things? Ida know, years back I met in NYC a woman from a site who had a bf (we weren't meeting for a date) and had a waterbra strapped to her petite frame.

the next year we met, she no longer wore it, b/c putting it on winter mornings was...well, guess. And she hated the attention she was getting from the neighborhood guys. Did I wonder what went thru her bf's mind? sure. would I have been happy to help out this ex-Hooters gal with her self confidence even after knowing? of course :) these forums are full of women asking about some red flag a hot guy they are with is waving.

sometimes, a body issue leads to other issues. other times...it doesn't really lead to a relationship killer. Cotter probably brings up the best way to handle things--just say you got lifts for dancing. way back when i was a teen, i was at a wedding and a fella at my table didn't want to dance w/ his fiancee (bad back), so she slipped out of her flats to teach me how to dance.

this 30-something got a tad taken back, however, when she finally asked my age, and I told her--15. she looked at my mom, who nodded, and she buried her head in my shoulder. bet she had a story to tell at work that monday :)
 TimeforFun42
Msg: 142
Posted: 11/7/2014 11:33:21 AM
Being a taller guy here is my take. Many women claim that short guys have a Napoleon complex. These are the same barely five foot tall women that wear six inch heels. That demand the guy be six foot or taller. I guessing some women have a bit of an insecurity issue with their own (lack of) height.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 143
Posted: 11/7/2014 1:37:14 PM
I knew this guy once. . . was my best friend for years and years. Cute face, but not verging on handsome, a bit chunky size-wise, long curly hair to his waist, and 5'4". Luckiest man with women I've ever known. From tiny to tall (5' to 6'), all gorgeous, all smart. When I met him he was 20, with a 6 month old daughter that he was the custodial parent of, and worked as a clerk in a bookstore, so $$$ had nothing to do with it. Near as I can figure: he was bright/funny, horny as hell, and adored women. And never dropped his standards.

Many years later I knew another guy, several inches taller, and a good bit trimmer, and pretty damn smart. But clearly nervous about his height--he wore the same get-up as the OP's friend. Walking down the street with him resembled nothing so much as walking with a street walker in five inch heels. The rig gave a kind of a swing/sway to his gait that one doesn't generally observe in gentlemen. He was abysmally unsuccessful with any woman he didn't have to pay for.

Personally, I tend to like men around my height--makes the mechanics of the sex thang go a bit better.

It's pretty clear that some of both sexes are gonna give a damn, and some are not. I say just go with what's on yer plate. Makes life a good bit cheaper and easier.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?