Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Blond adonis- Is he flirting with me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Blond adonis- Is he flirting with me?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I was feeling rather disgusted and disappointed as I read post after post slamming the
Opie and her admirer until I came upon this one:

Wow. A good looking man flirts with someone and he's a player, got game, and blah blah blah. You people judge much? What's he supposed to do if he's interested in someone? Flirting is only for us average folk? Good looking people are all evil and have hidden agendas when they flirt?

+1

Excellent posts by both Dmaj7 and RedDelPaPa.

Damn but you all are a cynical bunch!! Not everyone has ulterior motives, sometimes flirting is just
flirting. It's fun and harmless when reciprocated and makes you feel good...what the hell is wrong with
that? If you constantly look for the worst that is exactly what you're going to find.

Opie, it sounds like you are enjoying the attention and I see nothing wrong with that. I will say that while I understand
where you're coming from when you say "but he's an adonis and I'm just ok", I would advise that you work on
your self-image and confidence. He seems to find you attractive, don't devalue yourself as others will
pick up on it and do the same. Not so easy I know, but keep it in the back of your mind and try to correct
it before you let yourself go there.

And most importantly, HAVE FUN!! ;^)
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Blond adonis- Is he flirting with me?
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:05:56 PM

Thanks for having my back REDDELPAPA ....its a good feeling and Im smiling ;)

You're welcome. Enjoy. And damn it, I want another turn! :-)

Not long ago, I had an opportunity with a beautiful petite Asian woman that I later messed up of course, but anyway, I remember asking myself "why me?" a few times. What did I do to pull this gal? Is she trying to play me or scam me?

Anyway my point is, that's all BS. Don't fall into that. Fact is, I pulled her because she thought I was handsome, cool, and funny. Remember "we are our own worst critic."

Hurry, the goose stepping forum gestapo will be here soon claiming you're not following forum rules. HaHa!
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/21/2012 8:34:58 AM

I bet he's getting a kick out of toying with you.
He puts a finger on you and you go all weak-kneed.
He must think you're ridiculously easy.
Joke's on you.

^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^

Stop swooning over Romeo. He just wants the ego strokes.
 abelian
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/21/2012 8:38:48 AM
I guess I should just enjoy the attention and leave it at that?

Either that or jump him, if you'd enjoy that.

And being screwed by an Adonis is no guarantee that it will be good.

I'm sure it would beat getting screwed by someone who looked like Quasimodo AND who was also bad in bed. Besides, how are you going to know without going for it - ask for references?

Stop swooning over Romeo. He just wants the ego strokes.

So? She's obviously enjoying the ego strokes too. What's the big deal if they're both having fun?

Some answers on here makes me think its a sin to find a very handsome man attractive or that he's subtly flirting at the work place.

There are lots of people who are cynical and have lost all ability to have any fun. Enjoy it, don't pin any hopes on it and take it for whatever it is if that's what you want to do.
 carolann0308
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:13:35 PM
If you enjoy it no harm done, but it is considered inappropriate behavior in most work places. As tempting as he is, don't shag yourself out of a job.
 lotustemple
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:11:24 PM
He gave me his business card (he has a business that sells antiques) and said to come see the nice stuff he has; I'll leave it for a while and maybe go see his antiques - (no not antics) lol

Are you nutz??? You'll leave it for a while? He's trying to get to know you outside of work and you'll leave it for a while? He's the hotest thing you have seen and he likes you. Girl, call you doctor because you need a brain scan! While you are draggin your azz some other smart woman is going to make her move and you'll be left in the dust.

Or better yet CALL HIM RIGHT NOW or give me his number. Your choice.

And remember: Treat him like you would an average looking guy. Good luck!
 VADERPRIME
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:23:15 PM
you are old enough to know, if you have sex with him.. it doesn't mean your in a relationship afterwards.... so.. if you're ok, with it possibly being.. just about sex.. nothing more.. go for it.. and don't jump w/o a parachute.. good looking guys got more of a chance to have an std.. ;-)
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2012 4:00:31 PM
In my opinion, what he's doing is not flirting but making overt, sexual advances.

If you want a roll in the hay or two and don't care about your job, go for it.

If this turns into something more than that, I'll eat my smart phone with all the forum fishies in it, so keep us posted.
 HappinessOK
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/21/2012 6:51:01 PM
THANKS for the supportive messages..

I am not a kid anymore and just want a great relationship like most people on here... am I likely to lose my head over someone again?..probably..but I hope that "HE" isn't going to mess me up again.

Mr Adonis I'm taking with a pinch of salt. I'm liking the attention but keeping a level head until I "see" him more clearly which takes time. .. Its mild flirtation and might turn out a big fat nothing. We are both professional in our job and I will let you know how its going..I see him Fri/Sat/Sundays.

I'm not a "quickie lay" either - when I date its usually for ltr - so please keep your fingers crossed for me :)

thanks again!
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2012 7:02:12 PM
Happiness,

Look at em'! They're arguing over what YOU should do! :-)
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 8:55:06 PM
Oops, mistake.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/20/2012 3:29:36 AM
If I was one of your co workers I would only be offended by his flirting towards you because he was going to get to sleep with you before I did...just sayin!!!!!
I think that a man rubbing his finger down a ladies back in the workplace would creep her out...
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/20/2012 4:45:36 AM
He's seducing you....and he wants to see if he can make you melt like an ice cube on a 95 degree day. Wow...let's go play cards in a dark room....oh puhleeeze. How old is he....14?? What's with all the touchy feely stuff anyway? I am betting that as a manager in the food business or CC business he has banged more waitresses and hostesses like a screen door in a hurricane. Tread lightly girlfriend...he screams player to me.
 HappinessOK
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/21/2012 7:00:18 PM
..well its been a few weeks of mild flirting and nothing has happened because I haven't encouraged him in anyway (scared to let the walls down) ...I still haven't seen him flirt with anyone else... I enjoy his good humor and attention (makes work a really great place to be)

Interestingly enough, I told him that he reminds me of that annoying boy behind me at school who kept pulling my pigtails ..his reply was; "thats because he liked you, you probably ended up marrying him?" - No he did not marry me BUT the guy I did marry was always complaining about me (at work) before we started dating!

I've learned a little more about him, he doesn't have many friends in town as he has just moved here and on Fathers day I learned that he "was" a father (someone asked him what he meant by that) he said that his son committed suicide!!
..boy, did that shock me! I can't help seeing him in a different light now...
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/22/2012 4:44:48 AM
You haven't seen him flirt with anyone else!!!!! you obviously don't watch enough TV...
You haven't encouraged him in any way! well you certainly have't un incouraged him lol..
Ya I know! just sayin!
 HappinessOK
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/22/2012 6:56:51 AM
^^^ why would I want to un encourage him? ... I'm enjoying the attention from a very handsome man! ;), just sayin..
 DrumminD
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/25/2012 7:24:03 PM
For the people saying that this is sexual harassment, you don't understand what sexual harassment means. Flirting with someone in the workplace is not harassment. It only becomes harassment when the pursuer continues to do so when the pursuee has indicated that the advances are unwelcome or retaliates against the pursuee when she declines the advances. As she has not indicated that the advances are unwelcome, and on the contrary, finds them quite welcome, there is no harassment.
 wanderer1999
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2012 8:58:42 PM
It's amazing how quickly people are to judge the intentions of this poor guy.

Being particularly handsome, charming or even a talented flirter does not make a guy a player, any more than a woman being particularly beautiful automatically makes her a diva, princess, or man eater.

Yes, being particularly attractive to the opposite sex gives you the opportunity to exploit the situation. It also makes you keenly aware that a number of people are interested in you solely because of your looks or charm instead of your personality and spirit.

If anything, as highly attractive people age many become cynical about dating because so many just want them as some sort of arm candy and end up looking to date people who are more substantial.

I'm not Brad Pitt, but I have dated many classically "beautiful" women because I did not treat them differently because of their beauty and instead sought to explore them as human beings.

Similarly, I have never had a shortage of female attention. Knowing that I am attractive to women as a human being as well as being physically attractive has actually made me more discerning, in that it has led me to focus more on a woman's personality.

That does not mean that appearance is meaningless, just that you don't have to be Adonis or Aphrodite to be attractive to someone who is very attractive, you just have to be reasonably attractive and a beautiful human being.

If Adonis is truly interested in you, don't let your fear get in the way. You would be surprised how often someone who believes they're not in someone's league actually is in their league, they just don't know it yet.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/26/2012 7:36:17 AM
He's handsome and charming but still a human being. He will have strengths and weaknesses, things you will adore and things you will probably be disappointed in.

Treat him like anyone else. Don't be afraid to get to know him and don't assume he's too perfect for you, either.

It's really unfair to judge someone in a negative light ONLY because of his attractive appearance.
 UniquelyPassionateCandy
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/5/2012 5:48:06 PM

Because she'll call it "love" and then feel "used" and say "all men are bad". Of course.]

I agree, and then she will make another thread complaining about how she got used by this "adonis"

Honey, you think he doesn't know he is good looking?!? He does, and he is aware that you notice. He will sleep with you and then you won't hear from him, or it will get really awkward in the work place and then you will have to quit or he will find a reason to let you go. My advice, ignore the dude...Pretend that he is just another guy. Because he really is. And one more thing, try having some self esteem -Your comment about you not being on his level is not good. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Give yourself more credit
 justlookingvt
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/5/2012 11:01:31 PM

He's handsome and charming but still a human being. He will have strengths and weaknesses, things you will adore and things you will probably be disappointed in.

Treat him like anyone else. Don't be afraid to get to know him and don't assume he's too perfect for you, either.

It's really unfair to judge someone in a negative light ONLY because of his attractive appearance.

Exactly. He is no more a player because he is good looking than a gorgeous woman is.

There is a downside for a woman dating a guy that is outrageously good looking. Women keep throwing themselves at him, sometimes not very tactfully either. My cousin is like that. He is in his mid sixties, married and, women of all ages are still throwing themselves at him more often than you'd ever believe (sometimes more than one at at time, LOL). Even with his wife right next to him!. You wouldn't believe the "offers" they've had. Let's just say, she handles it well most of the time but, every now and then, she gets fed up with it.
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:37:09 AM

All of this negativity is stemming from it being her time right now, and not the others replying here. Be happy for her. Maybe you'll get a turn someday too to be flirted with by a really attractive woman.

That never happens. An attractive woman or any woman for that matter never flirts with me. I never get approached or even winked at. Guess i dont have good enough looks
 DameWrite
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 12:00:06 PM
You can just ask him if he would like to see you away from work because you are NOT comfortable with flirting at work and see what he says. If he continues to flirt at work, tell him to quit it because it's not appropriate. Simple.
 HappinessOK
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:15:36 PM
Update:

Not sure what to make of it, as we continue to flirt (covertly) and have been out a few times for drinks after work with co- workers (who are not aware that we flirt)... he has made several comments that I'm a "nice..good..attractive.. " woman and even suggested meeting for drinks (sans co workers) BUT he has not stepped up to the plate yet. He is always interested to know what Im doing/done during the week when we dont see each other.

I have noticed many members at the Club where we work have commented on his good looks, nice manners, great sense of humor and have seen some women openly flirt with him (which he ignores)

Not sure whether I should make the first move and ask him out for drinks after work..? My hesitation is that I still feel he is way too handsome for me even though Im confident that the man likes me! My friends have all confirmed that he is "film star" good looking too..prior to meeting him in the pub, they thought that he might be gay from what I said but he is definately hetrosexual and seems like a really nice guy.

I know he is single and has no girlfriend, he knows Im single and have no boyfriend and we definately have chemistry going on. .. could he just be cauteous because we work together?

....hhmm might make my move this weekend!?! WTH?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/12/2012 5:00:47 PM
Make your move.
But don't fall in love.
He sounds interested.
But you sound too smitten.

Just mention you would like to drinks sometime
and take it from there.

Count your blessings.
Don't make em into worries needlessly.

good luck
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Blond adonis- Is he flirting with me?