Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Blond adonis- Is he flirting with me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Janet_Always
Msg: 44
Blond adonis- Is he flirting with me?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
He's handsome and charming but still a human being. He will have strengths and weaknesses, things you will adore and things you will probably be disappointed in.

Treat him like anyone else. Don't be afraid to get to know him and don't assume he's too perfect for you, either.

It's really unfair to judge someone in a negative light ONLY because of his attractive appearance.
 UniquelyPassionateCandy
Msg: 45
Blond adonis- Is he flirting with me?
Posted: 7/5/2012 5:48:06 PM

Because she'll call it "love" and then feel "used" and say "all men are bad". Of course.]

I agree, and then she will make another thread complaining about how she got used by this "adonis"

Honey, you think he doesn't know he is good looking?!? He does, and he is aware that you notice. He will sleep with you and then you won't hear from him, or it will get really awkward in the work place and then you will have to quit or he will find a reason to let you go. My advice, ignore the dude...Pretend that he is just another guy. Because he really is. And one more thing, try having some self esteem -Your comment about you not being on his level is not good. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Give yourself more credit
 justlookingvt
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/5/2012 11:01:31 PM

He's handsome and charming but still a human being. He will have strengths and weaknesses, things you will adore and things you will probably be disappointed in.

Treat him like anyone else. Don't be afraid to get to know him and don't assume he's too perfect for you, either.

It's really unfair to judge someone in a negative light ONLY because of his attractive appearance.

Exactly. He is no more a player because he is good looking than a gorgeous woman is.

There is a downside for a woman dating a guy that is outrageously good looking. Women keep throwing themselves at him, sometimes not very tactfully either. My cousin is like that. He is in his mid sixties, married and, women of all ages are still throwing themselves at him more often than you'd ever believe (sometimes more than one at at time, LOL). Even with his wife right next to him!. You wouldn't believe the "offers" they've had. Let's just say, she handles it well most of the time but, every now and then, she gets fed up with it.
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:37:09 AM

All of this negativity is stemming from it being her time right now, and not the others replying here. Be happy for her. Maybe you'll get a turn someday too to be flirted with by a really attractive woman.

That never happens. An attractive woman or any woman for that matter never flirts with me. I never get approached or even winked at. Guess i dont have good enough looks
 DameWrite
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 12:00:06 PM
You can just ask him if he would like to see you away from work because you are NOT comfortable with flirting at work and see what he says. If he continues to flirt at work, tell him to quit it because it's not appropriate. Simple.
 HappinessOK
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:15:36 PM
Update:

Not sure what to make of it, as we continue to flirt (covertly) and have been out a few times for drinks after work with co- workers (who are not aware that we flirt)... he has made several comments that I'm a "nice..good..attractive.. " woman and even suggested meeting for drinks (sans co workers) BUT he has not stepped up to the plate yet. He is always interested to know what Im doing/done during the week when we dont see each other.

I have noticed many members at the Club where we work have commented on his good looks, nice manners, great sense of humor and have seen some women openly flirt with him (which he ignores)

Not sure whether I should make the first move and ask him out for drinks after work..? My hesitation is that I still feel he is way too handsome for me even though Im confident that the man likes me! My friends have all confirmed that he is "film star" good looking too..prior to meeting him in the pub, they thought that he might be gay from what I said but he is definately hetrosexual and seems like a really nice guy.

I know he is single and has no girlfriend, he knows Im single and have no boyfriend and we definately have chemistry going on. .. could he just be cauteous because we work together?

....hhmm might make my move this weekend!?! WTH?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/12/2012 5:00:47 PM
Make your move.
But don't fall in love.
He sounds interested.
But you sound too smitten.

Just mention you would like to drinks sometime
and take it from there.

Count your blessings.
Don't make em into worries needlessly.

good luck
 wanderer1999
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2012 6:32:43 AM

he has made several comments that I'm a "nice..good..attractive.. " woman and even suggested meeting for drinks (sans co workers)

Psst. THAT IS STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE.

He is subtly telling you that he would like to get to know you over drinks, and he's doing it tastefully because he Works with you.

Really, the only way he could be more obvious is if he pulled out a bat, hit you over the head, and dragged you by the hair into a cave...

IF you really want to get to know him, the next time he suggests drinks, say, "Ok, what do you have in mind?" and take it from there.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/13/2012 7:48:05 AM

I'll tell you what, if he wasn't "DROP DEAD GORGEOUS" and "VERY handsome" you wouldn't be in the slightest bit confused - let alone a little confused - about any of it.

AND... she would be running to HR as fast as she possibly could to make a sexual harassment complaint and have the bloke fired!
 HappinessOK
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/13/2012 8:23:49 AM
^^^ NAH... "he"would know right away there was NO interest what- so -ever!!! No need to run to HR unless he continued with unwelcomed attention!

I happen to really like the attention Im getting - so what if he's Hot? ....just not sure about ME being hot enough for him...
 lovefun99
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/13/2012 8:49:29 AM
Ask him out already!!!!!
He may have a fear of rejection or may think that you may be offended so you need to step up to the plate.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2012 9:11:41 AM
Why would he not have asked you out already if he's interested?

In my experience, men who act like this either enjoy the attention without actually having any interest in taking it further, or they want the woman to initiate so they don't have to take any responsibility for whatever transpires.

If you're fine with a short-term sexual fling, ask him out.
 want to travel
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2012 10:09:15 AM
personally, as a life long rule
I would never flirt, with someone that worked for me, work is work
people need to concentrate on that!
now ask you out after work, thats cool
I did have an affair with an older woman, when I was a teen, but no one ever knew,and it did not mess anything up ,with regards to work....
 HappinessOK
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/14/2012 7:05:53 AM
^^^^^^ I had the same sentiments for a long time..except to say most of my LTR and marriage was from someone I met at work.

I think work is a good way to get to really *know* the person ..how they interact with others in a less "formal" dating way. Lets face it, we all put on a different face at first..

I've learned that this man despite being very handsome loves to pay attention to older people and also children (in his capacity as Manager at a Golf Country Club) I can see its not fake attention because he cares for their well being. A five yo lost her favorite bear at the Club..he had everyone searching for it knowing how important the bear was to the child...
I see how he interacts with the staff on a managerial level - its all good.

I do however understand that when things go wrong in the relationship it can make for awkwardness in the work place.
 AxeMurderer75
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/14/2012 7:22:09 AM
Just ask him out already!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Blond adonis- Is he flirting with me?