Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Man with 30 kids wants state help to pay his child support      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 want to travel
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Man with 30 kids wants state help to pay his child support Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Canada was a very consevative country
based on protestant, and catholic, work ethics
we really had nothing anybody could call social programs, after ww2,the country went through an economic boom,and our country, started a great social experiment
universal health care, education,peace keeping
all very good intentions
all of these great things ended up being taken advatage of
welfare, has turned into a sub culture
my sons mother has worked out the math, $15 dollars an hour plus union benifits, is what the state is providing
for a single mom, on welfare! much more if she has more then one child,even more if she goes to school
we find ourselves in a very different kind of economy,in the last 10 years the average union wage,in my province has gone from $17, to just over $12
when these great programs where born,canadians, could cou nt on one job,to last until tey ritired
our bying power has not changed since the mid 70's
manufacturing is disapearing
the government is out of control in its spending
whats left of the middle class is being taxed into 'working poor'status
we no longer have the luxury, of, keeping these multi generation welfare people, living like royalty
and believe me they do,wefare housing, is mixed in with middle class
these women, party night and day, they are bad mothers
bringing up bad adults
the experiment has failed,the country can't afford to keep these people, living the way they are living
single men, and dead beat dads, are getting next to no help, and this is working out very well
in ontario, if a dad does not have anything wrong with him, preventing him from getting a job,and paying his child support, he can, in theory, be put in jail
the same needs to be done with single moms
the terrible cycle of welfare will be broken
the resourses saved can be used to help aid our sick, health care, and fund education, both of wich are sound logical investments in our present and future
 want to travel
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Man with 30 kids wants state help to pay his child support
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:41:52 AM
oh,we have problems
nothing like the US
but our government is doing everything it can to catch up lol
in my life, this is the WORST government
in every way imaginable
they are spending money like its going out of business
not on social stuff, but wars,pipelines to the US, when the obama administration has vetoed it
here we are building a 'new' bridge, and expressway to the US, michigan , can't afford it
so canada is loanning them the money lol
f 35's, a fighter no one wants, is most lickly not going to work because of the climat here
the housing crisis that hit half the world, but not here, is going to happen,in some places the real estate prices have gone up to 6,7 times there value, in the last 5,6 years,based on ,nothing
after 10 years of war with afganistan, our government will pull out of there when the US does
we are giving them a huge, and so far unlimmited amount of 'aid'.......
the fact of the matter is the only reasons, our dollar is so strong,is natural resourses, and the weak US dollar
our economy has never been so bad
Never as in, for real,NEVER
almost half of our whole population, lives in a small corridore, found in ontario, and quebec
these two provinces have allways been the 'have' ones, last year, these two provinces are now 'have nots'
so, the truth is..... soon, we are not going to be able to afford our welfare state, we wont have a pot to pss in lol
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/3/2012 11:03:52 AM

You're a babe in the woods. Welfare problems in Canada?
Haha. You ain't seen nothin' pal.
At least the Canadian currency is still fairly strong.

As noted by above poster, things in Canukstan are not as rosy as they once where and our current PM doing his best to erode much of what makes Canada great away and all this despite his great hair.

The grand irony is the PC's had a minority government and they did some shady stuff, got tossed from the house on a no confidence vote, they use some great marketing to position the liberals and NDP against each other, and they win a majority government and now are ramming crony legislation down everyone throats and there is nothing we can do about it.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2012 4:34:45 PM
It makes no difference to me what the ethicity is. Nor what ethnic group has the highest % of out of wedlock children, or welfare rate. A bum is a bum and a mooch is a mooch - in any color! And there is plenty of blame in ALL races to go around!

I also agree with other posters who said that our government has its share of blame in this issue. State and Federal laws make it just too tempting and easy to live this way.

I don't begrudge starving children or a truly needy aldult a "hand up". But some standards of accountiblity need to be made and met. Some stigma needs to replace a "sense of entitlement".
 lynyrd_hatchet
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:57:58 PM
is this story for real or did we get punked?
 turnitupman
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/4/2012 1:33:40 AM
No, it's stupidly, sadly real. Can't we just chemically castrate this guy and force him to do something for a living that will actually support his children? Maybe we can give him a sex change and put him on a corner, have uncle sam be his pimp or something?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:09:47 AM

...A bum is a bum and a mooch is a mooch - in any color! And there is plenty of blame in ALL races to go around!

I also agree with other posters who said that our government has its share of blame in this issue. State and Federal laws make it just too tempting and easy to live this way.

It seems ironic to me when people vilify poor people who get social assistance but never seem to have a problem when it is a billion dollar corporation who is looking for those handouts / tax breaks.

I don't begrudge starving children or a truly needy aldult a "hand up". But some standards of accountiblity need to be made and met. Some stigma needs to replace a "sense of entitlement".

No you do not begrudge them, you just lump them all together and think they all are ripping you off in some way and it seems ironic to me that you said nothing about the people with all the money who are taking advantage of government programs and who net much more money than a few poor people.

It is almost like you have been brain washed to think this way and somehow over look a much bigger crime and hate people who are less fortunate than yourself.

IMO: It is rather ignorant with regards to social programs and classless in my book.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/4/2012 2:15:45 PM

Last time i check this thread is not about corporations getting tax breaks^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Correct, it is about individuals getting tax breaks and by definition corporations are individuals thus a comparison between the two groups is a legitimate part of the discussion.

As vilifying people who need the money but not taking in to consideration there are people who don't need the money and are getting significantly more is a failure to make a case against poor people getting help.

So if you feel differently please feel free to take it up with someone who cares or present a counter argument why it is ok to blame poor people getting help and not blame the rich at the same time.

Otherwise "your" post is the one that is off topic and not addressing the topic of the thread.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:35:26 PM

When you bailout idiots who have 30 kids, people who don't wanna work, etc.,
you get more morons who can't stop impregnating women, and more people who refuse to work.
You get what you pay for, but not in a good way.

What about the people that can not see this as what it is, a not very common thing?

The whole reason this story got any traction, is because it does not normally happen.

You do not see stories on the news about the people that are doing the right things, because that would be boring as hell, so they show you the stuff that is interesting, unique and hopefully polarizing.

Thus people perception of reality becomes completely screwed and they only look for what validates their beliefs, basically object fixation.
 DeGrinch
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/4/2012 8:02:27 PM
ahmen. Well said. but then welcome to the land of opinions, forums boards...
 mrcs84
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 5:05:05 AM

In south central, it's VERY common for males to father scores of children with many different "baby mamas."

I can see upwards of maybe six, however, 30 is outrageous.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 5:17:20 AM
When the hell did 6 different baby mamas become anything less than outrageous?
 mrcs84
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 5:56:42 AM

When the hell did 6 different baby mamas become anything less than outrageous?

When it's compared to 30.

"Dude, I've got 6 kids"
"That's pretty damn bad. I've got 5 times as many kids at you do"
*facepalm*
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 7:41:49 AM

In south central, it's VERY common for males to father scores of children with many different "baby mamas."

Since populations haven't really grown that much except via immigration... it can't be that common. If one guy has 'score of kids'...then the vast majority of males don't have any.
 want to travel
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 12:21:36 PM
well my favorite saying is
iI will believe a corporation is a person, when TEXAS executes one!!!!
oh aristotle, you are so wrong about, not careing about corporate welfare!
half the ceo's should be in jail, the other half, in the 'stupid' house
and the poor suckers who wasted their parents money on,mba's,that are tought by people who have no clue at all about the real world, should all go work as agricultural labour for a few years lol
that still does't change the fact that our welfare system has gone, way, way too far!and is hurting society!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/5/2012 1:41:35 PM

that still does't change the fact that our welfare system has gone, way, way too far!and is hurting society!

That where we will have to agree to disagree.

It is getting worse because funding is getting cut left and right.

The ones is opposition are the ones that want to get out of paying their fair share.

So they pay rich people to tell the middle class to blame in on the poors, they make sure there are daily stories about something bad a poor person did.

It is nothing more than spin.

There is not one credible study that says a welfare system hurts society, the only ones it hurts are the ones that do not want to share and they are doing every thing to make sure that does not happen.

In fact helping people creates a positive effect and it fosters an environment for growth and achievement, the idea that that people who are poor want to stay poor is one of a complete lack of understanding.

Times of prosperity and countries that are doing well all have one thing in common, everyone paid or pays their fair share.
 want to travel
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 1:59:17 PM
well aristotle
iI can say , you and I see eye to eye
I was really proud to pay high taxes,in this country we had something close to 'order'
low crime, education,a roof over every ones head,health care,peace keeping, all the things that did make this country
great
what I agree with is, all these fools, in government had to do was, tell people they wont have to pay so many taxes
and we gave these idiots a majority government!
they claim austerity, but never in our history has a government spend so badly
your right, programs are being taken apart, hell they are destroying them!
health care,EI, old age pensions,( even the corporations hate that one, who is going to make up the difference from 65, to 67?)the environment
but,are they ever burning money, a pipeline, that the US does not want,f 35's, fighter bombers, that most likely can't fly, in -15'c, bombing countries, invading or planing to invade countries
the waist, drives me nuts!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/5/2012 2:29:10 PM

the waist, drives me nuts!

Then do what most have done and push for either election reform or call your local NDP and LIberal rep and tell them if they do not come together we are all stuck in this boat, so do what the Reform and the Conservative party did and re-brand yourself.
 lotustemple
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/5/2012 3:09:26 PM

There is not one credible study that says a welfare system hurts society, the only ones it hurts are the ones that do not want to share and they are doing every thing to make sure that does not happen.

You must be playing. Generations of welfare collecting ingrains entitlement to services, goods and money without bothering to work...creating theives. You can do a search on studies yourself. Thats only common sense and why responsible parents teach their children values like work ethics, charity, fairness, honesty etc... An individual with a moral compas is not comfortable accepting food stamps etc... in any case other than a short term emergency.

I read an article of last years riots and looting in London. Most popular stolen items were electronics, t.v.'s and such, the teenagers and young adults arrested mostly from welfare families. They learned everything is free watching mom and/or dad doing nothing for all they rec'd.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/5/2012 3:15:20 PM

You must be playing. Generations of welfare collecting ingrains entitlement to services, goods and money without bothering to work...creating theives. You can do a search on studies yourself.

I did, and thieves are not unique to poor people, but when you cut people off what you expect to happen?

This is the main failure, people want a civilized world yet they do thing that are in direct conflict with creating.

I read an article of last years riots and looting in London. Most popular stolen items were electronics, t.v.'s and such, the teenagers and young adults arrested mostly from welfare families. They learned everything is free watching mom and/or dad doing nothing for all they rec'd.

The only difference between when a rich guys steals something and a poor guy is the amount of air time and selective outrage associated with it.

You could take all the retail items stole in the past ten years and would not even come close to the money stolen by corrupt politicians, bankers, and those would just be the ones that got caught.
 lotustemple
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/5/2012 3:36:02 PM
The only difference between when a rich guys steals something and a poor guy is the amount of air time and selective outrage associated with it.

You could take all the retail items stole in the past ten years and would not even come close to the money stolen by corrupt politicians, bankers, and those would just be the ones that got caught.

Rich thieves steal little things too. Corporate theft does not excuse any other form of theft and to the contrary intentionally creates it, to keep the poor disempowered. Empowering the poor with ethics by not dishing out free lifetime welfare leads to responsible behavior leading to education, the route home. And hopefully standing together intelligently to disempower the oppressive elite, because sporatic rioting doesnt cut it.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/5/2012 3:53:48 PM

Empowering the poor with ethics by not dishing out free lifetime welfare leads to responsible behavior leading to education, the route home.

That is like feeding people with rainbows and love, sure it sounds good but in all practical sens it does not work.

Austerity has never worked
It's not just about the current economic environment. History shows that slashing budgets always leads to recession
Ha-Joon Chang
guardian.co.uk, Monday 4 June 2012 22.14 BST

Last week saw a string of bad economic news reports. The eurozone leaders seem unwilling or unable to change from their austerity policies, even as Greece and Spain fall apart and the core eurozone economies contract. Britain watches on as its economy is heading for the third consecutive quarter of contraction, with an unexpectedly sharp fall in manufacturing. Last week's jobs figures confirmed that the US recovery is stuttering. The largest developing economies that have so far provided some support for world demand levels – especially India and Brazil but even China – are slowing down too. Four years after the financial crisis began, many rich capitalist economies have not recovered their pre-crisis output levels.

Even more serious is the unemployment problem. The International Labour Organisation estimates there are 60 million fewer people employed worldwide than if the pre-crisis trend had continued. In countries like Spain and Greece, overall jobless rates are approaching 25%, with youth unemployment over 50%. Even in countries experiencing "milder" unemployment problems, like the US and the UK, between 8% and 10% are out of work. If we include those who have given up looking for jobs or those who are forced to work part-time for want of fulltime opportunities, "real" unemployment could be easily over 15% even in these countries.

Read more at: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/04/austerity-policy-eurozone-crisis

Step 1: Blame the Poor People.

Step 2: Cut back on spending with regards to the poor people.

Step 3: Watch economy fail.

Step 4: Go to step 1.

"How to win a political war"

by The GOP

if you can not beat them at the polls make sure you make things look as bad as possible and do not forget to keep mentioning it, so eventually some people believe it.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/5/2012 4:08:56 PM
It is not right by any means, morally it is quite abhorrent, but what is the alternative?

Let the innocent children starve & go without?

Maybe have him do some community service type work to help offset the costs would be effective.
I dont know.......it is a terrible situation, but those kids can not be tossed aside. They need help. Why their Mothers had kids with this man is beyond me, but that is not the kids fault.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 4:25:52 PM

At this same time the familia rules were changed, single with no children were no longer allowed assistance & the age for assistance was lowered from 18 to16 with children. I’m thinking that is when we really saw a drastic change in the age girls became pregnant. We basically told them the gov’t will pay you to have babies.

That's a stretch. I doubt a fraction of a fraction of young women have babies because the government is going to support them. They have babies because guys and gals 'do it'...have always done it and will always do it. In the past those 17 year old girls who got pregnant got married...today they don't. Women are having babies on average 'later' in age and not earlier.
A 17 year old single mother in Sweden, Canada, Norway, etc. are going to have a better quality of life provided by the state than a single mother in the USA....yet the USA has HIGER, not lower rates of teen pregnancy. The issue in th USA is generational....no willingness to break the cycle. ...half-assed health care and half-assed education.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/5/2012 4:34:12 PM

A 17 year old single mother in Sweden, Canada, Norway, etc. are going to have a better quality of life provided by the state than a single mother in the USA....yet the USA has HIGER, not lower rates of teen pregnancy. The issue in th USA is generational....no willingness to break the cycle. ...half-assed health care and half-assed education.

Funny how they tend to not look at how well other countries do and keep blaming the poor people for taking advantage of the system and all they want to do is make it worse by fighting over early sex education and free access to abortions.

They want to stand on a moral high ground so they do not get any blood on their feet.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Man with 30 kids wants state help to pay his child support