Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Bald women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 50
Bald womenPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Women are too self conscious to shave it & instead wear wigs. Self conscious to even approach the topic too. Happened to me. Didn't find out till we got naked busy & I tried running my fingers through her hair, only to be freaked out by it.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 51
Bald women
Posted: 6/10/2013 3:14:45 PM

I am balding due to stress which I have eliminated. There will be no wigs, hats, bandanas, etc on my head whether I am with someone or not. We all need to be accepted for who we are, not how we look. Disguising myself to please others goes against my grain and my being genuine. My head is held high.

You go girl!!! I admire your confidence and your attitude!! Wish I was more like that. However, some of us are not all that confident, and some of us do not look so good with a bald head. I lost my hair a few years ago due to chemo, and it just did not look good, so I wore a wig, a very realistic wig that looked like my hair had looked--NOBODY saw me without a wig or a cap on the entire time I had the hair loss. Funny thing is that I somehow picked up a boyfriend during my bald days--and it had been a long time before that since I had had one of those!! God does work in mysterious ways---now I have been blessed with a thicker mane of hair that I ever had, and have grown it out long.

Whether one is attracted to someone is bald or not (male or female) remains a matter of preference, just like everything else.

God Bless both of you...last year I started using clip in hair extensions, then graduated to falls, pieces & wigs & have had people do HAIRSHAMING- snide comments regarding the use of hair enhancements when they do not know the reason(s) & it is not for anyone else to judge. How awful for a woman to have to go through an illness, then on top of it, have other people, including women, try to humiliate them. I admire the lady who can carry off the shaved look & is cool & confident w/with it!
IF I were a feminist of any sorts, I would say women should be more supportive of eachother & less catty. However, I am more of a humanist but I do say people should be more supportive & think before they open their mouths...
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 6/30/2013 2:35:41 PM
I'm not gay or bi, and I would have dated Grace Jones back in the day....bald, beautiful ebony skin, tall....
 Mr_Healthy
Msg: 53
Bald women
Posted: 9/8/2013 5:04:55 PM
Bald women are hot
 Mr_Healthy
Msg: 54
Bald women
Posted: 9/8/2013 5:05:42 PM
Your baldness is sexy.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 55
Bald women
Posted: 9/10/2013 9:11:37 AM
tink: huge prayers coming your way... hope it is a wild success...
ladeyday: you also wear it incredibly well, kudos to you and more power to you.

I know someone well who used to have this incredibly beautiful long red hair who had to undergo chemo; and even though her hair was a huge part of what I associated with her; she was utterly lovely without all her red hair; the right person hair is a bonus, not a necessity (I, on the other hand bald, people would fall down into convulsions laughing at; I am one of those people who needs hair; I literally feel naked without a lot of it).

when I first saw this topic all I could think about was that seinfeld episode... and even though many times baldness in women can be a tough thing, I had to admit I giggled at that line from Elaine to George...
 cooldog65
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 9/11/2013 7:23:55 AM
^^^^^
Judging by the female's hair style and clothing, I would estimate the picture is 20+ years old.
 cooldog65
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 9/13/2013 7:58:48 AM
^^^^^
Since msg.65 got deleted, I'll clarify my post above. I was referring to msg.44's main profile picture.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 58
Bald women
Posted: 9/13/2013 10:02:48 AM
^^^LOL; thanks for clarifying that... was wondering what on earth was wrong with my dress... I had a friend who did that; I stumbled on his profile and burst out laughing. His pic was of him with his six year old daughter (he claimed to be 49); and in truth his daughter was mother of a seven year old son.
The funniest thing? He was ranting because one of the first women who met him lied about her age. He was outraged...

back on topic, I know a couple women who have the genetic kind of baldness and they do the wig thing; but they are gorgeous with or without.
 zippytwo
Msg: 59
Bald women
Posted: 9/14/2013 2:48:58 PM
It's so very common for women to lose some of their hair, be it genetic or not, as they get older. I'm living with hair loss right now, my part is getting wider, but can, with hair products still style it so it's not so noticeable. Should it come to the point the 'bald spot' is very obvious, I'll cry, kick and scream then go to my doctor and ask what I can do.

For a woman it's devastating for her to lose her hair, so please be kind. It can be out of her control.

Funny thing is, married couples who are getting older together probably don't notice it so much...because they do love each other in other ways...it's only when being single and trying to meet someone that the 'outside appearance' is so important to another person. Yes, dating is hell as my friend Maeflowers says.
 skyeluv
Msg: 60
Bald women
Posted: 9/23/2013 9:59:59 AM
It is very devastating for a woman to lose her hair especially with all the stigma society places on us. Some people have no control of what happens to their hair. I am also curious if there are any men who will date someone like me. I have AU which means I have no hair anywhere. It's been this way since 2009 before that I had long thick beautiful hair and eyelashes, and now nothing. It's so frustrating the looks I get or the laughs from guys and girls alike. I usually wear wigs but I do like to wear a scarf or just go bald and want a guy who can accept that. I'm only 25 yet feel like I'm losing hope of finding a guy who will accept me for who I am. Any input or advice is appreciated.
 NJDen
Msg: 61
Bald women
Posted: 10/8/2013 6:35:57 AM
here's my feeling: Bald is also a style and if it fits a lady and she likes it, why not? It grows back and I've seen some extremely attractive ladies who purposely shave their head. Not only looks good on some it exemplifies their courage to be individualistic. Just not a big deal and yes, I'd date a bald women. Whats inside counts too !
 Tcgray93
Msg: 62
Bald women
Posted: 4/28/2014 4:30:29 PM
Yes, I Would Much Rather Date A Bald Woman Than A Woman With Hair
 DragonBits
Msg: 63
Bald women
Posted: 4/30/2014 1:59:05 AM
My wife's hair is pretty long, a few inches below her waist.

I like it, but long hair isn't a trichophilia of mine. New word for me, meaning someone having a having a hair fetish.
 babyboy26101
Msg: 64
Bald women
Posted: 8/22/2014 6:06:06 PM
Yes I would I can't find any women that would shave there head it's hard too find a bald women where I live at
 deere_rancher
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 8/22/2014 10:19:48 PM
Sorry , like my women with hair , I have found some bald women attractive .....just love the feel of her hair on my shoulder
 Dropedatbirth
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 5/24/2016 9:21:07 AM
it is a serious and sensitive subject and you are being a jerk about it
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 67
Bald women
Posted: 5/24/2016 9:34:36 AM
I prefer women with very long hair.

That being said, some women can pull short hair off very well ( example, Halle Berry )

As for bald women, that woman in the first Star Trek movie was sssssssssmokin hot !
 bigshrek
Msg: 68
Bald women
Posted: 5/24/2016 4:25:35 PM
Back in the old days, dated a few Marine gals who would buzz their heads
or go with a high & tight...they were usually the tougher WM's...
which was the most wonderful thing about 'em ;)

Everything with a WM is an Affirmative or a Hell No ;)
None of that weak "I dunno, what do you wanna do?" crap.
Zero mind games. Direct & to the point.
They either like you or wanna knife hand you in the adam's apple...

And they're pretty much up for anything...you can't scare 'em :D
They'll do all the fun stuff...motorcycles, gun range, knife throwing, you name it...

Great Memories!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 10/16/2016 11:21:46 AM
Grace Jones is gorgeous.....beautiful chocolate complexion, long sexy leg, lovely facial features....and she's still a very attractive woman, nearing age 70.
 grover14
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 10/20/2016 11:01:34 AM
Just as it was viewed in the past that bald men were less fortunate than men with hair, now a bald or shaved head is now accepted and preferred by so many. It's just another hairstyle. As more and more guys choose the shaved head style, it wouldn't surprise me if some women decide to go the same route, and will be accepted. I have recently seen several women online that looked gorgeous with bald heads.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 71
Bald women
Posted: 10/20/2016 11:09:19 AM
I would have no problem with her being bald if she looks like this :

https://www.google.ca/search?q=persis+khambatta&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=929&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiZvqzZ_OnPAhUL5GMKHXMkDkYQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=qXYRXshhQeowoM%3A
 Cynderella
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 10/20/2016 12:21:21 PM
If it were a choice not medical...then all the power to ya.
Some can find the beauty of a person no mater what they have or don't have.
I myself will never cut my hair unless it's medical.
 Dropedatbirth
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 10/29/2016 8:03:19 AM
only a complete as hole would say something like that
 purplerider1200
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 10/30/2016 8:03:50 AM
I consider Grace Jones unique looking.

Just because she can make herself wildly attractive, or very nasty looking. Certainly not boring.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Bald women