Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you do or how would you feel if this happens to you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paderic
Msg: 20
What would you do or how would you feel if this happens to youPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Shyte happens. It's the way of internet dating. All you can do is blow it off and move on...
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 21
What would you do or how would you feel if this happens to you
Posted: 5/22/2012 2:30:59 AM
but it's ok that they can play with the mens hearts and minds.

Ahh, I see the problem..... You gave your heart and mind to somebody on the internet you've never even met.

People who do that shouldn't be on these sites, but that's just my opinion any ways.
 KatarzynaS
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/22/2012 5:39:23 AM
Yep don't take ppl from here seriously in my cease so far if they can't get sex out of me on 3 or 4 date they leve me text saying it is not going to work out for them lol. Lime two or three of them blocsde or delited me bc I wouldnt give in another lol idk good for them I guess. Just saying. But being a girl I do get plenty of those dirt msg like wanna have sex or how do u fell about casual sex or stuff like that so Idk if that nessesary constitute as misunderstanding on my part. As well as I don't like to converse about my sex life with someone I don't even know such conversation should. Come so much later on when two ppl r comfortable with each other. Let go back a lil I think how things were before Internet dating in reality would u really go to person on the street n ask her something stupid like that ?no u wouldn't it's the same here just nice talk go with the flow go out hang out enjoy n fake it easy. Only bc u can ask stupid stuff like here without getting slapped in the face doesn't mean u should or u just might get blocked/ delited
 The Black wolf
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/22/2012 4:26:54 PM
point is i never gave any one my heart or soul i was being friendly but i have known bouth men and women who had this issue when you sit there have a great talk you have this in your mind wow cool some one i can relate to .This woman was comming on to me i thought it was kind of strange and said to her we have not met but just chat maybe she was looking for attention some people do.I used to see this on aol chat befor they change it.
 freespiritxoxx
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/22/2012 5:05:31 PM
.. I sure would not let it bother me, plus I'm sure this has happaned to most every1 that's been online. From reading your profile you don't seem to have any tolerance for a person that would do this or other human games people play. Shouldn't you be thankful not upset you invested a few good convo's that's it... lol enjoy the moment...
 DeerTaint
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/22/2012 5:14:31 PM
Wow you got that upset and you never even met the person? I imagine you take real life breakups really well too. Look, nobody on the other end of the screen owes you anything. You don't know them. Try not to get so upset from a facebook block.
 Dmaj7
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/22/2012 5:23:00 PM
I just shrug it off and move on. I used to get a bit annoyed and wonder what did I do. The reality is we do nothing. They are blocking due to whatever reason. Reasons we can't control, can't know, and most importantly shouldn't care about. I've learned not to take slights or rejection personally. It takes some practice. If you can manage to do it it will set you free. You won't expend an ounce of energy or the smallest of thought. It becomes, as it should, a non event in your life.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/22/2012 5:24:54 PM
Dmaj7, is that a Taylor 110 in your picture?
 jodiemiller69
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/23/2012 1:00:26 AM
Ok met a guy in Jan...hit it off...found out he was paralyzed b4 I met him...went over his house etc...thought he just wanted company, but it was more...we had sex a couple times then really nothing...texted a lot...then he left the state for intense rehaband we really started talking etc like I was his girlfriend...then he came back home, we spent a whole day together and then we fought over spending time together...I wanted a real boyfriend and he was like no ur not my gf...but then I saw him 2 days later we had dinner, sex and the next night we were fighting ...huge fight...then we kind of got back together then we didn't see each other for a month ...family in town etc then we saw each other on a night no one was around ... And then we were again arguing ... He is a good guy, but I feel like he is using me, we haven't seen each other in over a month due partly to me being in Massachusettshelping my mom ... Idk last weekend he finally friended me on Facebook and within 6 hours he unfriended me
 dearsavannah
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/23/2012 1:12:05 AM
Aw, I'm sorry. That would be infuriating.
Maybe she just didn't like what you were posting and didn't feel the need to explain seeing as you don't know each other very well? Or maybe she started seeing someone? I don't know why people do that, just a few ideas.
 The Black wolf
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/30/2012 11:11:54 AM
The point would be that i just don't understand why some one would put them selfs on a site and want some type of relationship but yet make every exscuse that they can think of and then try to play a few head games it kind of makes you wonder are they doing this for attention ?I believe so.
 DameWrite
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 11:58:01 AM
Someone was looking over her shoulder?

There are a lot of people on here who are looking for greener grasses, or they think that they are single and that you are the next one for them. Problem is their "ex" doesn't agree so gets back in the picture.
Instead of being truthful, they block.
I believe it's the temptation they are really blocking, not you personally.

Doesn't matter though as they have no courage.
 jd4real50
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/30/2012 12:49:47 PM
What does it really matter in the long run? Nothing is real until you're sitting in front of each other in real life.

I've had plenty of interactions via email or chat that have gone nowhere. So what.
 SONNI100
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:00:16 PM
Agree with 'Nothing is real until you meet'.......this was not real. It happens very often indeed.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:20:58 PM
People block for a lot of different reasons. Some people do have certain "trigger" words or things that they will block first and ask questions later (it can be baffling if you are the recipient of that and you don't have a clue what it is that you did; but unfortunately many times you will just have to be at peace with the fact it happened at all)

OTher people it is not that you did anything wrong but that they did not want to mix a dating site with their family/life site. I don't mix the two; on purpose. They may have a separation of POF and whatever their page is. It is not a game, it is a privacy issue. Shoot, I know some people who use their page as their kind of inner dialogue of how their dates are going; so having a prospective date watching them vet their excited guy X doesn't thrill them much (not saying that everyone does that; only a few; but there are a lot of different reasons for not wanting to mix.

So the blocking might be because they are private; and it might be because you missteped and they didn't feel you had interacted enough to warrant saying thanks, I had a problem with issue x, best of luck to you.

Unfortunately online ou have to really develop thick skin sometimes. And to turn off the analyzing brain... because sometimes you just aren't going to get a good reasonable answer. Sometimes it's just a plain old knee jerk reaction.
 MyNameWasTaken2
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/30/2012 1:24:35 PM

on a similar tangent--
I did get blocked by a shirtless guy that I told "I am dressing you with my mind..." he didn't think it was funny, but I did...

Bwaaaaaahahahaha! That is hilarious.
I haven't blocked anyone, but have gotten some pretty far out messages. Had fun with a couple of them.
 The Black wolf
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/7/2012 7:00:46 PM
whats pretty messed up i get this random email from a chick in my city don't have any idea who the hell she is turns aroun insults me calls me fat then a hippie and a freak i have long hair like omfg who is this person .So i blocked her another thing is why are women always tring to change a man?

You must have short hair u must have money u must have this and that or your not worth it and your a looser?Now what if the tables where turn if a man did that i won't date u u have a big butt or you have way to much make up us men know for a fact if we insulted a woman like that we would get slapped for it and it would be conciderd as abuse on the womans part .But yet when your a nice guy your chatting with that person and getting to know who that person is then bang this person pulls a 360 around you then your like wth then you get blocked that tells me that person has some major issues. And trust me i seen some pretty interested things on thease sites to write a noval or to.But be honest here why would any one do this are they that bad where they put them selfs as single and looking but turn around do something else that also tells a person maybe they have a xbf or xgf or still with there patner but yet seeking for another i have no idea what a messed up world we have
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/7/2012 7:23:36 PM

The point would be that i just don't understand why some one would put them selfs on a site and want some type of relationship but yet make every exscuse that they can think of and then try to play a few head games it kind of makes you wonder are they doing this for attention ?I believe so.

This actually applies to every single one of us, but I'm going to target it at the girls he's talking about.

There's a reason they turned to this site. Don't be surprised when stuff like that happens.

We can all lie to ourselves all we want, but there's a reason we're all here. Maybe some of us have trouble talking to other people, maybe some of us have trouble approaching a random person, but there's also those extremes, there's people who are just terrible people, people only looking for attention while holding out for only someone that's "PERFECT"...

You're on a dating website... expect to find some complete social rejects on here.
 TinaPup
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/7/2012 8:02:43 PM
Sad to say Ive already blocked several people. I dont have anything sexual on my profile and my picture is definately not sexy but I get messages from guys that begin....(guy) Hi How are you? (me) I'm fine thanks, You? (guy) Oh yes you are baby. You are so sexy....blah blah blah. BLOCK! BLOCK! BLOCK!

Now, with that being said... Some people come on way too strong and way too soon and that's frightening. Some people are downers and the conversations revolve around "woe is me". Some people are actually too chipper. It's rather hard to find a happy medium but it isnt impossible.

As far as your experience there's no telling why she blocked you. Might not have had anything to do with you. Could've been her issue. It isnt fair to just randomly block people without atleast an explaination but it happens. Just move on. Life is good!
 J_bird61
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/7/2012 8:26:49 PM
Love the Bee in the Bonnet!! I'll have to try to remember that for future use.

And I agree - society is lacking social graces. Put as little credence as you can into what happens online. It's a fantasy world where words come alive and you are eliminated in a whoosh. I'm sorry dude, but we're all in the same handbag, if it helps.

My advise? Get off Facebook - needless drama.
 DeerTaint
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/7/2012 8:29:10 PM
Myspace? people still use that?

You must have short hair u must have money u must have this and that or your not worth it and your a looser?Now what if the tables where turn if a man did that i won't date u u have a big butt or you have way to much make up us men know for a fact if we insulted a woman like that we would get slapped for it and it would be conciderd as abuse on the womans part .But yet when your a nice guy your chatting with that person and getting to know who that person is then bang this person pulls a 360 around you then your like wth then you get blocked that tells me that person has some major issues. And trust me i seen some pretty interested things on thease sites to write a noval or to.But be honest here why would any one do this are they that bad where they put them selfs as single and looking but turn around do something else that also tells a person maybe they have a xbf or xgf or still with there patner but yet seeking for another i have no idea what a messed up world we have

Yeah, but are you a "nice guy"?? lmao Look, just because you trust a big butt and smile, don't me she wants to ride into the sunset with you. Put your pole back in the pond and don't take it so serious when someone is just chatting with you. I mean you do have all those windcatchers in the background. Perhaps they are thinking you are doing a raindance or something. POF isn't real life. Keep repeating that and you'll be a happier person.

Spell check and other aspects of the written word would do you well to invest in. Even a period at the end of a sentence would help.
 Rob3444
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/7/2012 8:35:33 PM
I've never been blocked but for ex wives. Not the last one she and I get on well and the others are all calling as well. I have been kept off the forums for a specified period of time for some insulting or satire or something I was just a few hours ago allowed back. If a lot of girls do it to you then I would find it really odd.

It's means one or both of these things. You keep saying something you shouldn't, you make more than the allowed contact. I don't write anyone twice in a row unless a Friend. The only other possibility is she dowse not want to hear from you because thats what she does to all the boys, but the fives. You will never know "her" reason but can figure out what you could be doing if anything wrong.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:40:23 PM
I block people for a good reason---when I write and tell them Im not interested and they wont quit writing--or when they say things that I do not feel is right to say to another person you dont know; and I can honestly say that I have gotten most of the local guys who do that blocked so now I can log on and not see some really sad disgusting stuff in my inbox--rather nice to get messages from people who have a clue.

But this one man was chatting with me one night and said--hey here is my phone number --text me sometime--and when I went to reply I was blocked--so I had a choice to make I could text him and say you blocked me or I could walk away from him--extremely nice gentleman and I choice to text him--it was worth it. He said the block was accidental but hey it made me wonder if it was or just his way of stepping things up a notch!
 jmark4
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:47:40 PM
First of all people should not be adding anyone from a dating site to their facebook. They dont know them. it takes a while to get to know someone.

Plus, some are just bored. they like to come on websites just to talk to someone; it really doesn't mean anything to them, they just are bored.

some are flakes and aren't mature enough or have the character enough to confront the person.

I dont think it's that hard to see what's happening. I'd just move on and not take it personally.
 nightowl2004
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:12:55 AM
I am too much of a **** to let that happen to me. Inotherwords, man up. I mean, woman up. This is the INTERNET. ENOUGH SAID.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you do or how would you feel if this happens to you