Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How long before you leave or stop looking?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
10 dates ?, hell, i hav`nt even had one off here in 16 months hahahah,

but, i`ve come to enjoy the forums on here ( admittedly reading more than contributing), but its a good enough reason to stay in its own right ( for me anyway ) :O)
 matt e
Msg: 8
view profile
History
How long before you leave or stop looking?
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:15:09 PM
Funnily enough i've been thinking of leaving, had my 9th first date yesterday so a bit fed up with it now. I think I would of been better off if I never joined. The self esteem that ive lost means im not as good at the dating as I was when I started.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2012 1:21:05 PM

But how long do people give it before they just become 'forumites' and forget about actively looking for dates?

There is nothing wrong with just being a forumite and having a break from looking from time to time.

They say that sometimes someone will come along when you least expect it and in the most unusual circumstances.

Just the other day a very attractive woman with a huge cleavage asked me out when I held a shop door open for her.
 Richard_of_York
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2012 2:07:04 PM
My participation here is pretty half-arsed anyway, I'm not intensively looking, so I'll formally give up when I find someone, whether that be on here or somewhere else.
 Jo van
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/6/2012 11:38:19 AM
I will never leave.
I've had 500 women shagging me, just this week alone.

I must have a shower now.

wills315
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 11:59:17 AM
Personally i tend not to bother with messageing to try and get a date on here any more and just like to use it for the Forums ,although that isn't to say i dont "View "the lovely ladies on here from time to time,it's just that i really can't be bothered that much with all the hassel of of trying to get a date so i don't think i shall be leaving here for some time to come as i really do like to read the "Posts"related to all the various different Topics raised and long may the site last !!
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 12:24:02 AM
thats the thing with pof, it doesnt take up much space on your pc, so if you need a break, just take one, simply dont log on for a week or few weeks etc, it works for me :O)
 PaulNN1
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 9:25:58 AM
Yep POF is getting that reputation for being a desperate site. Lots on here spoiling it for others .
Went on one date and I think she took her pics 20 years ago. Nothing like her pics at all.
 stonecastle
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2012 10:02:34 AM
I have been on this site since January 2007 and on other dating sites since January 2001 but still had no luck yet. I think the main reason is that there are more men on dating sites than women and so there is a lot of competition for women online and so not much chance of getting one online unless you are a rich guy and very good looking.
 Bassbob47
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2012 5:56:27 PM
Blimey dont some people bang on when asked a question??
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >