Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Daddyfish78660
Msg: 255
Would a man seriously date a woman with three kidsPage 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
It would be a privilege to date a woman with three kids. I have three girls of my own, and believe that God gave me the best gift of all: being a Dad. Time to share and nurture her's, as mine are ready to leave the nest for College.
I am age 51 and know my job is only half done.
 jenn8131
Msg: 256
Would a man seriously date a woman with three kids
Posted: 6/23/2009 11:16:39 PM
Could we please please stop referring to children as BAGGAGE how about we call them KIDLETS... say I wouldn't want to raise someone else's KIDLETS its the exact same amount of key strokes. So it will not take any more effort just a conscious decision not to use a negative term when describing a children.

I will be the first to admit I have baggage from bad dating experiences just like anyone that has ever dated but my daughter is not baggage rather the best thing that has ever happened to me. You know what after having my daughter I feel less jadded because I got the best gift a man can ever give u -- a beautiful healthy baby.
 jenn8131
Msg: 258
Posted: 6/23/2009 11:47:15 PM
Well my daughter isn't a trunk, isn't a suitcase. With a baby you do have to carry a diaper bag but some women carry more in their purse then what I have in my diaper bag.

Daughter isn't portable equipment of an army...

Daughter has made me realize I need to be the best woman I can be. Because she needs the best mommy I can be. I have to be the best role model I can possibly be for that little girl. I have to teach her to respect people, to be kind and generous and to believe in herself. So she hasn't encumbered my freedom. She's helped my progress and development. You have to be adaptable when you have a child. You have to be able to multi-task.

My daughter has brought nothing but joy into my life it was my ex that made me miserable and I got ride of that 240 pounds of dead-weight. Now he was baggage dragging me down. But my daughter is only 25 pounds much lighter and always makes me smile.

So see the definition in itself doesn't describe a child.
 NorthwestPixelChick
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/3/2009 6:50:17 PM
I know for a fact that some men will - my ex left me for a woman with three kids.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:45:20 PM
[any man would be terrified of dating someone with three kids who is 37. Would men actually date someone with that much baggage?}

No offense, but the bigger problem may be that you see your kids as "baggage". I am older than you, have 3 kids, and had little problem finding someone to date after my 20 year marriage ended. Take some time to yourself. When you're no longer terrified & see your kids as something besides baggage, you will likely become more attractive. While everyone is entitled to preference, and some men may not be interested in dating anyone with kids, it's about attitude. Good luck!
 hannity
Msg: 263
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:49:38 PM

I know for a fact that some men will - my ex left me for a woman with three kids.

That's a damn shame..Did your ex have kids himself?
 jenn8131
Msg: 264
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:55:47 PM

because I got the best gift a man can ever give u -- a beautiful healthy baby.

Hmmm that's going to set the bar awfully high for the next guy isn't it? How is the next guy(s) going to feel knowing they can never give you something as good...?

If a guy loved me and my child well I really couldn't ask for more that would be the greatest gift. The next guy could give me the best gift ever he could give me another child maybe 2 more and be a wonderful father. I have one child I wanted at least two if not three. After seeing how "some" men view other men's children I really don't even know if I want to date.

I don't want anyone viewing my daughter as baggage or a burden. So the bar is really high for the next guy. I probably won't date and maybe it'll just be me and my lil one which is okay with me. My first priority is keeping my daughter safe and taking care of her needs. I wanted a child because I really wanted to become a mother. It was just unfortunate for me that my ex changed his mind about wanting to be a father.
 wasillaman
Msg: 265
Posted: 8/5/2009 12:22:46 AM
my three children are the greatest gift i have ,, i have all the love a man can ask for ,,
i welcome any woman with children to come and play have fun , join us for soda and cakes .
we make a point of having fun every day , shopping all the time .
yes my life is full and a bit lonely , but i have all the love a man can want.
at 52 years old my heart is very young and wise.
trouble is women my age or younger have, had, or do not want children.
their loss not mine.
 sharptack
Msg: 267
Posted: 8/5/2009 8:02:28 PM
I think a man will! Not every man though will. Having young children at my age CAN factor in the percentage of eligible men whom are interested in dating me. And remember, they have to LIKE ME FIRST and then ALSO like the kid scene. I love my kids and I will always gladly remember them FIRST. It is just sometimes harder to date when one has kids. They are worth it of course!

I know that I have met many nice guys who upon learning that I had small children told me that they thought that given my age they assumed my children would be older, more teen aged or even out of the house at this point. That they had themselves had gotten married young and had kids who at this point were almost grown. That while they liked me and they liked the kids, they just didn't want to "start all over again" with some so young. Of course, it does make a BIG difference in the OP's age and my age. I am looking at another age set of men probably. The younger mothers might have an easier time because a younger man may be more open to being a first time dad or have children that are youngish also.

Good luck and happiness to all the mothers, fathers and children in the world!
 Cool and collected
Msg: 268
Posted: 9/24/2009 3:06:16 PM
I just finished dating a women with 3 kids, the only problem was that she just came out of a 9 yrs relationship 3 months before. I love kids and have none of my own but I didn't care. There was alot more behind the story on her side but if your a guy/or women.. Take my advice don't get to attached to them and don't let her / him introduce you to them right away. I spent the whole spring and summer with them , seeing them once to 3 times a week. I loved her so much, beautiful lady, great kids, then after a little arguement it was all done. If you do something like this, make sure they have there stuff together and you don't do through what i did. Its alot easier for the one with the 3 kids to get over it. But when your the one thats been there for everything from weekly hospital trips for one childs illness, to having to be hidden because of a small town and her reputation. Then it gets hard, trust me. She loses one person, I have to get over losing 4. Just a note from experience.
 InNCsearching
Msg: 269
Posted: 9/25/2009 7:57:52 AM
well...it's going to be tough but there's someone out there for everyone. just remember out here in the dating world is very tough for the single people, just be very, very, very patient and deal with the lonliness and don't date a guy if your lonely because then he'll probably just use you. just be very patient. most men don't want to deal with 3 children but there are some but that requires patience on your part and not going after someone that clearly doesn't want someone else's children. and if you do meet a guy go extremely slow.
 sharptack
Msg: 270
Posted: 12/26/2009 1:47:04 PM

Posted By: NorthwestPixelChick on 8/3/2009 917 PM
Subject: Would a man seriously date a woman with three kids
Message: I know for a fact that some men will - my ex left me for a woman with three kids.

Burn!

sigh....I have 2 of my own and can't get a date to save my life. Course I am too picky.
Hey! Where are all you guys that want to go out with me anyways? HUH?

laugh a little....it helps.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >