Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you talk to the person you are dating every day?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LucyT02
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Do you talk to the person you are dating every day?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Begrudgingly :)

I don't really need to hear from someone every day but I'm a bit odd in my approach as I quite like my own space; I don't find it too tedious being in touch every day but as I said, I don't actually need it.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 27
Do you talk to the person you are dating every day?
Posted: 5/24/2012 5:49:55 PM
^^^I don't need it either, but I don't mind it - and he wants it more than I do, so for him, I'll adjust. Eventually it does become a habit.
 neck romancer
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:09:30 PM
No I dont feel the need to always do that.
 grove_22
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:46:40 PM
I don't think it's necessary to talk every day.
 christyis4real
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/25/2012 6:52:17 AM
I find it to be very normal if you don't talk or see each other EVERY day while dating. In my past experiances, It seemed like I was always stuck up their butts and never had "me" time and my own life. Others noticed this as well. You don't have to talk every day for the relationship to succeed. To me, as i get older, talking and seeing the other person every day is a bit annoying and seems a bit needy. Just my opinion of course .
 CatitudeBoo
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/25/2012 8:40:41 AM
yes, if we're official or on our way to becoming that then yes, every day (or close to it). If we've only been a couple dates, then no.

couple dates =/= "dating"
 0ldhag
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/26/2012 1:22:28 AM
As someone else said at least a good morning text and/or goodnite text but i don't need nothing long and drawn out.

No need for long conversations.

I do contact my bf at least once a day though (or he contacts me) but is it 'mandatory' ?? No, I mean it wouldn't matter if a day went by with no communication.

But I do hope to find someone in the future who WANTS to keep in contact everyday, it's nice to know someone likes to talk to you...
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/27/2012 9:26:40 PM
Even when we see each other, my boyfriend and I talk on the phone everyday (usually several times a day) because we like to talk to each other.

And it isn't a "need," it is a "want."

Otherwise, what is the point?
 Ljj5911
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/28/2012 7:31:30 AM
If you spent the night together, not contacting her the next day sends the message that you're not that into her- that's all there is to it.

If she feels smothered by the contact (provided it is not obsessive, wanting to know her every move, creepy kind of contact), then she is not that into you. In short if people are really attracted to each other, they make as much of an effort to be with or talk to each other as schedules allow.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/28/2012 8:17:33 AM

I believe in absence makes the heart grow fonder.

And then there is "out of sight (and hearing), out of mind."
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2014 12:49:46 AM
I would prefer NOT to speak everyday. Every other day, or every 2 days, with texts in between, works for me.

Not for any particular reason than that I've never had the good fortune of knowing a woman who had the conversational pipeline to make daily telephone contact with her, anything less than excruciating.

Now, if she's an ACTIVE participant AND, that great of a conversationalist (and daily telephone contact turns her on), then I can roll with that.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/24/2014 8:22:49 AM
Whatever works for you is something that you need to establish with your partner.

I am in a relationship in which we DO talk every day. If we do not talk, then we send each other messages. Sometimes she sends me very sexually graphic text of the things that she wants me to do to her, of that her p u ss y is wet and can't wait to see me. The key is that I am not the only one communicating. It goes both ways.

So talk to this girl and TELL her that it's okay for her to initiate contact. Even tell her that it's important to you that INITIATION is not a one way street. That means that SHE takes the initiative to say something, no matter how stupid it may be. And use all means available.

For instance, last night I had some work to do, and I did not call her, so she simply texted me saying "I am having sexy thoughts about you." "Would you like to fvck me?" "We need to cook a fish inside a banana leaf... on the grill."

Also, don't be afraid to get all mussy, but do so when there's reciprocity. Then you are both mussy and silly and loving TOGETHER.
 Iam_RFSF2014
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/24/2014 9:07:39 AM
^^ Wow! What a shocking surprise. IG has a girlfriend who sends him texts about wanting to fvck him!

My gosh you are really able to work your amazing sex life into so many topics, hats off!!!

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder if this gorgeous, young, thin, blonde, sex goddess knows that the details of their private life is shared with internet strangers so frequently? Maybe she gets off on it, who knows?

We are all adults here, I get that, but there is a Sex forum, right? So.... why does this have to be worked into so many responses?? Sometimes I feel like I know a lot more than I want to...
 sunsetsam
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/24/2014 3:45:50 PM
I prefer to be with a woman who WANTS to communicate everyday. Not because she feels she HAS to like some chore/obligation . Even to just say good morning or good night at the very least. The type who go the whole day without a peep and then say “ I was busy “ makes me feel like she’s just not that into me. No thanks .

I’ve been with both the lovey dovey mooshy gushy types and the too cool for school / way too busy types and the latter just makes me feel like I have a thin blanket full of holes that doesn’t quite make me feel warm and cozy. There’s still a draft.

I’d much rather feel nice n warm n toasty with a big soft fluffy QUILT !
 south_city
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/24/2014 7:25:05 PM
No. We might talk fairly often. But there could be 1 or 2 days during a given week without any type of communication
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/24/2014 7:44:22 PM
The woman that I am seeing now...we typically speak each day.
If she is traveling for work, or I am traveling for work, or she is with her daughter...we might have a day or two quiet.
We are comfortable with each other, so we resume very easily if we have been busy with work or whatever.
 CharminC
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/24/2014 8:02:43 PM
[The type who go the whole day without a peep and then say “ I was busy “ makes me feel like she’s just not that into me. No thanks .]

Oh oh oh OH!!! A pet peeve of mine! What I really dislike is being asked a question so I take the time out of MY busy day to respond, in order to give the lovey dovey feeling to the person and get back "You're so articulate with your words than I. I don't have to the time to write that much but I feel the same way".

Don't have time? There's 24 hours in a day, how much more does one need?!!!

I'm with sunsetsam. I like the daily contact. It doesn't have to be smothering, of course! But any simple gesture makes or keeps the bond alive. There's just something about it, to talk or text or even see each other. Otherwise, I feel ..... disconnected.
 sunsetsam
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/25/2014 8:27:26 AM

I like the daily contact. It doesn't have to be smothering, of course! But any simple gesture makes or keeps the bond alive. There's just something about it, to talk or text or even see each other. Otherwise, I feel ..... disconnected.

Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly Charmin !
 activemelaney
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2014 9:04:47 AM
Yes,

Often some funny text...links to a music video. etc.

A fuzzy warm goodnight text.

He will send me a photo of a flower....love that.

Talking on the phone? Sometimes but I have found that we women prefer it more than men. I can talk to my daughters and females friends for hours about nothing. My boyfriend tends to be more practical on the phone. He would never not talk but I can tell he doesn't enjoy the chit chat aspect of it. The irony is we can chit chat forever in person but not on the phone. I let him go quickly so a phone call does not become a chore for him. This way he feels ok calling me without having to figure out a way to end the call after 5 minute.

As for 'the time'. My partner, daughters and granddaughters will always have priority times a thousand in my life.
 Consensuality
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/25/2014 11:13:44 AM
I don't like to be in constant contact with someone unless there's a good reason to be
 overunity
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2014 11:31:21 AM
Msg 44, totally agree, the term is "too much information", if even true. Endless tiresome bragging to the point of being quite sickening, lmao. Maybe Out(of his)Mind?

On topic.........if she wants to.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/25/2014 11:32:28 AM

My boyfriend tends to be more practical on the phone. He would never not talk but I can tell he doesn't enjoy the chit chat aspect of it. The irony is we can chit chat forever in person but not on the phone. I let him go quickly so a phone call does not become a chore for him. This way he feels ok calling me without having to figure out a way to end the call after 5 minute.

Very nice. Hoping someday I will meet a guy that will do this for me.
 Iam_RFSF2014
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/25/2014 11:45:35 AM
RE: Phoning it in (or not).

I'm pretty chatty in person but am not a fan of chatting on the phone. Definitely not before I know someone but even after I've met them. I don't call my mom that much (since she doesn't like the phone either). I try to always put this in my profile so people won't take it personally. It seems to annoy/insult some guys but honestly I think it's just a matter of the 2 of us not being a good fit if one person really wants/needs/loves it and another person doesn't... I don't want someone to give up something that is important to them just because it's not important to me.

On other hand -- I really do enjoy hearing about the minutia of someone's day/week when we get together. Maybe I just want to be able to touch someone while they are talking to me?

I'm not a fan of conversational texting either. I think texting is fine for 'good morning/good night/thinking about you' OR 'I'm about to leave home, I'll be there in an hour if traffic isn't bad' but the back and forth? I think too many misunderstandings happen with the way text conversations go...

I do like exchanging an email here or there during the day if it works for both parties. I sit in front of a computer screen most of each day, I love to read. I like being able to compose my thoughts and communicate with someone without feeling like I'm interrupting their day.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/25/2014 12:22:47 PM

Msg 44, totally agree, the term is "too much information", if even true. Endless tiresome bragging to the point of being quite sickening, lmao. Maybe Out(of his)Mind?

I catch your drift. Our communication IS very sexual. Didn't mean to brag, but it came out that way.

Being a writer I sometimes tend to push whatever the idea is to the most visual effect. Apologies, mates.
 cooldog65
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2014 5:04:02 AM

Even when we see each other, my boyfriend and I talk on the phone everyday (usually several times a day) because we like to talk to each other.

And it isn't a "need," it is a "want."

Otherwise, what is the point?

I'm the same way. I feel a strong emotional connection through daily voice communication. I guess I'm a bit unusual since I can talk on the phone for a long time.

It would be difficult for me to be with somebody who kept communication to a minimum. I would feel unfulfilled and somewhat disconnected. At that point, I would not be inclined to invest myself fully if I don't feel they're doing the same.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you talk to the person you are dating every day?