Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you talk to the person you are dating every day?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Consensuality
Msg: 45
Do you talk to the person you are dating every day?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I don't like to be in constant contact with someone unless there's a good reason to be
 overunity
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Do you talk to the person you are dating every day?
Posted: 9/25/2014 11:31:21 AM
Msg 44, totally agree, the term is "too much information", if even true. Endless tiresome bragging to the point of being quite sickening, lmao. Maybe Out(of his)Mind?

On topic.........if she wants to.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/25/2014 11:32:28 AM

My boyfriend tends to be more practical on the phone. He would never not talk but I can tell he doesn't enjoy the chit chat aspect of it. The irony is we can chit chat forever in person but not on the phone. I let him go quickly so a phone call does not become a chore for him. This way he feels ok calling me without having to figure out a way to end the call after 5 minute.

Very nice. Hoping someday I will meet a guy that will do this for me.
 Iam_RFSF2014
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/25/2014 11:45:35 AM
RE: Phoning it in (or not).

I'm pretty chatty in person but am not a fan of chatting on the phone. Definitely not before I know someone but even after I've met them. I don't call my mom that much (since she doesn't like the phone either). I try to always put this in my profile so people won't take it personally. It seems to annoy/insult some guys but honestly I think it's just a matter of the 2 of us not being a good fit if one person really wants/needs/loves it and another person doesn't... I don't want someone to give up something that is important to them just because it's not important to me.

On other hand -- I really do enjoy hearing about the minutia of someone's day/week when we get together. Maybe I just want to be able to touch someone while they are talking to me?

I'm not a fan of conversational texting either. I think texting is fine for 'good morning/good night/thinking about you' OR 'I'm about to leave home, I'll be there in an hour if traffic isn't bad' but the back and forth? I think too many misunderstandings happen with the way text conversations go...

I do like exchanging an email here or there during the day if it works for both parties. I sit in front of a computer screen most of each day, I love to read. I like being able to compose my thoughts and communicate with someone without feeling like I'm interrupting their day.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/25/2014 12:22:47 PM

Msg 44, totally agree, the term is "too much information", if even true. Endless tiresome bragging to the point of being quite sickening, lmao. Maybe Out(of his)Mind?

I catch your drift. Our communication IS very sexual. Didn't mean to brag, but it came out that way.

Being a writer I sometimes tend to push whatever the idea is to the most visual effect. Apologies, mates.
 cooldog65
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2014 5:04:02 AM

Even when we see each other, my boyfriend and I talk on the phone everyday (usually several times a day) because we like to talk to each other.

And it isn't a "need," it is a "want."

Otherwise, what is the point?

I'm the same way. I feel a strong emotional connection through daily voice communication. I guess I'm a bit unusual since I can talk on the phone for a long time.

It would be difficult for me to be with somebody who kept communication to a minimum. I would feel unfulfilled and somewhat disconnected. At that point, I would not be inclined to invest myself fully if I don't feel they're doing the same.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/29/2014 6:18:00 AM
msg 43.. isn't there sex forums on POF?
I agree I have read so much about your sex life (and arched a brow, you know those that do do, those that don't talk)
Perhaps consider a blog

I talk daily but often just briefly.. just like the contact.
 Maleman999
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:23:29 AM

Even when we see each other, my boyfriend and I talk on the phone everyday (usually several times a day) because we like to talk to each other.

When you two get together in person, do you both get out your cell phones and talk to each other via phone, like pictures I've seen of people who get together at a restaurant or coffee shop, and everybody is too busy on their phone to have a verbal conversation, and leaves you wondering if they're texting each other instead of talking? lol.
 cooldog65
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:32:27 AM
^^^^^ I must be dense cause I didn't notice how the statement I quoted could be interpreted.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you talk to the person you are dating every day?