Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > MEET ME @ WALMART!!! LMFAO ;0)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Extollere
Msg: 26
MEET ME @ WALMART!!! LMFAO ;0)Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
If the world went up in flames and Walmart was made of water I still wouldn't cross the threshold.

The place is freakin' creepy.
 nycblonde728
Msg: 27
MEET ME @ WALMART!!! LMFAO ;0)
Posted: 5/24/2012 3:55:19 PM
Having a Walmart as a meeting point wouldn't bother me at all. Not the classiest of joints, but it's just a meeting point and you can move on from there.
It's an easy to find spot, there are places to eat (from what I hear), and you can do the "going for a walk" that everyone seems so hyped up to do on a first date/meet (I think about 70% of profiles I have read mentioned it.)- while you're shopping and getting deals. Sounds good to me.

I've met guys at and in front of all sorts of spots. Unless it was inside a bar or place to eat, we just used the spot for logistical purposes and went on our merry way to another locale. Funny enough, recently I met someone in front of a Macy's. We grabbed some dim sum (great cheap alternative to Micky D's if ya need one), and walked around the area. Eventually, I went to show him the new mall that opened, and we wound up shopping and walking around their Target. It was fun.

As for the drive-by checkout: wow. Could he be any more blunt in saying "you need to meet my physical standards before I can provide you with the gift of face-to-face communication with me". Unless he's some mega-millionaire sex god, his lousy ass can keep on driving.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/24/2012 4:18:20 PM
The drive by guy- I shoulda stood in front of a hated neighbor's house & mooned him...while wearing one of my son's Halloween Masks...the Gorilla would have been perfect...and for an added special effect, I should have wedged in a piece of toilet paper in b/w my azz cheeks...THAT would have served him right....but knowing some freaks, it woulda turned him on...LMFAO

As for the drive-by checkout: wow. Could he be any more blunt in saying "you need to meet my physical standards before I can provide you with the gift of face-to-face communication with me". Unless he's some mega-millionaire sex god, his lousy ass can keep on driving.

PS- the funny thing is...I heard he was homely from the person who knew the friend of a friend...and I'm NOT! LOL!

The guy who wanted to do a drive by is insane too & I told him so via the internet...he wanted a woman to sell her house to move in his to take care of old sick mom so a nursing home would not get his inheritance.
I told him I have a job & a house ur insane get a broke azz woman. even a broke azz chick dont wanna do that as he was the ONLY one to benefit...some guy i dated briefly used to be engaged to a girl who knew him, she had a house too & he tried the same crap on her- she too told him to go to he L L
 Daskate
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/24/2012 4:25:48 PM

There's no Walmart in NYC and I have never been in one. I would like to go in one to people watch though. I think the closest one is somewhere in NJ.

No Walmarts but there are a couple of KMarts you can visit in Manhattan.
 nycblonde728
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/24/2012 5:42:04 PM
Ugh, Blonde. I bet you're so glad you ditched that gem. You're def attractive and can (and it seems you have) done much better than him.

For all my NYC/Lower NY peeps, nope no Walmarts. Go to Target. I can't speak for all of them, but the one in Flushing does have a small foot court and coffee place. There is also an entire mall to walk around.
 purfectmeow
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/24/2012 6:01:22 PM
~ Theres a Wal-Mart in Roslyn; Im from P.W. and have a home up that way. There are also places right in that area to go to if you like your "meet". I agree with Cowboy on the its not where you meet. I might even steal his pickle aisle idea and apply it to my own thoughts on an interesting first meet idea. You Rock btw~ I have always liked your posts and this one tops the cake next to the wild animal encounter.
 sexyangel169
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/24/2012 6:38:50 PM

another was a local who had an idea of where I lived, who wanted me to go outside & stand in front of my house, so he could drive down the street to decide if he liked me...duh!

Are you f.u.c.king kidding me. There's a keeper for sure. lol
Also, just cuz someone has 69 in there name doesn't always mean that thats what they want. Take me for example...I actually had to go through a lot of numbers just cuz all the other ones were taken up. Maybe not for the guy you were talking about but sometimes it just happens :)
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:01:19 PM
Cowboy...the pickle aisle!!! You are the greatest. I hope it works out for you and your new lady. She definitely sounds like a keeper.

I'd personally prefer not to meet anybody at Wally World - I try to avoid that place. Closest I like to get is the website, people of wal mart dot com.

Target ("Tar-JHAY" haha), however, is a nice place to shop. They have really well-designed home goods. I wouldn't mind meeting someone there if there was nowhere else around.
 tuxqueot
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:28:57 PM
off topic, but I've found the easiest way to get rid of Jehovah's Witnesses is to tell them you are a recently converted Muslim... And keep a Koran on hand to show em. They can't run out the door fast enough.

I'm not, but it works wonderfully.
 mrjon32
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2012 4:31:09 AM
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
 christyis4real
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/25/2012 6:33:50 AM
I sometimes meet first dates at Walmart....well the parking lot anyways. Everyone knows where their local walmart is and it's a public busy place. Now, if it were to go browsing or shopping....no...not really cool.
 LipstickJunkee
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/25/2012 7:00:56 AM
hahaha oh wow, well to meet at walmart? There would be 2 ways I could approach this situation. I'd really want to know why they felt walmart was a good first meeting place haha. Buuuuuttt on the other hand, if yous could plan something fun to pick out from walmart then go somewhere else, it could be super fun. Go through the clearance aisle and find some random stuff, then think of what to do w/ all that stuff ! ahah. On another note, I think a great first date would be going to a grocery store :o gasp yes, an ordinary, boring grocery store lol and shop for a couple items to make a meal together, then enjoy it w/ a glass of wine or beer and have fun!
 rhonda333
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/25/2012 7:40:29 AM
I don't often go to Walmart- but even if I did, I would not set up a meeting there. I would go somewhere where I am known by the staff. There's a little neighborhood bar around here thats perfect. That way, the staff can keep an eye on things. Lacking this, I'd op for a upscale restaurant or tavern where things are carefully monitored. Yeah, I know- I'm too cautious, but then I've lived this long because I'm careful. Intend to continue.
 tuxqueot
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/25/2012 7:42:37 AM
I've been watching this thread for a few days and something just occurred to me.

Walmart is actually the BEST place to meet. There is one aisle of particular importance.

It's progressive. Starts on one end...

Condoms to get you started
Lubricants to keep things going smoothly
Pregnancy tests in case you screw up the first one
Diapers in case your timing was bad when you did screw up the first one

And at the end, BEER... to get you through it all.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/25/2012 8:33:33 AM
Cowboy, I hope u got to play "hide the pickle" hee hee hee...

Walmart is actually the BEST place to meet. There is one aisle of particular importance.

It's progressive. Starts on one end...

Condoms to get you started
Lubricants to keep things going smoothly
Pregnancy tests in case you screw up the first one
Diapers in case your timing was bad when you did screw up the first one

And at the end, BEER... to get you through it all.
put that in your ad...

"every major relationship I ever had started out w/ the guy making a huge effort & a really nice date, gifts, flowers, broadway play, fancy restaurant". The real relationships started with the man wanting to impress. WANTING to "win", wanting to show he's the man.

These kids today just "hang out" and text, have sex and wonder why they feel bad. Because the guys cry "gold digger".

STEVE HARVEY: “I'm here to tell you, though, ladies that the term "gold digger" is one of the traps we men set to keep you off our money trail; we created that term for you so that we can have all our money and still get everything we want from you without you asking for or expecting this very basic, instincual responsibility that men all over the world are obligated to assume and embrace. ... KNOW THIS: It is your right to expect that a man will pay for your dinner, your movie ticket, your club entry fee, or whatever else he has to pay for in exhange for your time.”
? Steve Harvey, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment

And he also said “Men respect standards- get some!”

from an email from one of my POF galpals...I had to add it!

ohenryx
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2012 9:24:44 AM
I have met people at WalMart many times, just not for a date. I occasionally buy and sell stuff, everything from a new cell phone to an old notebook computer I want to get rid of. And Walmart is a very handy location, everyone goes there (even the people in this thread who act like they're too snooty - yes, you, I'm talking to you, I saw you there last Saturday!)

But for an initial meeting, a meet and greet, there are better places. Starbucks if she doesn't drink (it's amazing to me how many people don't drink these days), or if she does drink, then the bar at a Chili's or TGI Friday's.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/25/2012 1:02:40 PM

even the people in this thread who act like they're too snooty - yes, you, I'm talking to you, I saw you there last Saturday!

I was there on Wednesday actually & NOT FOR A DATE!

Thankfully, I am in a serious relationship...which is how I roll...no booty calls, no one-niters, no F Buddy, No FWB...I am a relationship type of gal...my 1st BF was @ age 16 we dated for 2 years...next one was 18-20...at 21 I was engaged, but did not marry him, he was 10 yrs older & a tad bit controlling 4 my taste...the next 2 years dated, it was always a boyfriend...at 23 I met the man who I would marry shortly b4 my 25th bday- when that ended after 13 years, 6 mos after the fact, I met someone- 3 years together...after that, did some dating, another 3 yr relationship...the current relationship has been a while too...all of the decent ones I dated started off respectful, treated me w/ nice dates, flowers, jewelry, one gave me 2 suede coats w/ fur collars, concerts, a couple of broadway shows...the azzhats that lied & acted nasty & never went anywhere as far as a relationship never did any of this-in fact, they were CHEAP not just w/ money, but emotions. There was a marked difference in their behavior as compared to the ones that went somewhere...I'm 53 & I do not have the time & patience for games, sexcapades, disrespect, etc.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/25/2012 1:11:24 PM

And Walmart is a very handy location, everyone goes there

"Nobody goes there anymore....it's too crowded."

- Yogi Berra
 browneyesboo
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/25/2012 1:13:49 PM
I never go to walmart.
I wouldn't meet someone there.
There are plenty of places that are cheap
and interesting without going to walmart.

I'm too old and some things just aren't cute
anymore, ie walmart, mcdonalds.

I suppose that makes me some sort of gold
digging, entitlement princess, but I'm okei
with that.

PS...the drive by idea was pretty funny.
Wouldn't do that either, someone who would
even suggest it, isn't someone I would want to
know, but that could be my entitlement speaking.

*smirk*
 krazykurlz
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/25/2012 1:43:07 PM
^^ Haha, first meets at Wal-Mart, first date @ McDs, what's this dating world coming to? lol.

And then **** about being single....with such low standards and laziness like that, who would accept that type of nonsense? The only types of women (or "girls") I can think of are silly-ass ones with no experience or concept of self-worth or self-esteem, who'll accept nearly any type of behavior, no matter how stupid or thoughtless.

I'm not "OLD" but I'm no spring chicken when it comes to dating. Maybe when I was in high school and didn't know any better I'd accept some McNasty or Trash-Mart date but not now...oh HELL no.
 laskoboo
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2012 1:44:24 PM

Walmart is a very handy location

for shopping.. not meet and greets or dates !
lol

I like walmart for their organic produce as sometimes costcos is too much volume.
Walmart is good for qtips and suntan lotion........ cheap placemats and picnic stuff.......

not a meet and greet !
handy is not a term that goes with dating... it goes with being single !
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/25/2012 4:21:08 PM

^^ Haha, first meets at Wal-Mart, first date @ McDs, what's this dating world coming to? lol.

And then **** about being single....with such low standards and laziness like that, who would accept that type of nonsense? The only types of women (or "girls") I can think of are silly-ass ones with no experience or concept of self-worth or self-esteem, who'll accept nearly any type of behavior, no matter how stupid or thoughtless.

I'm not "OLD" but I'm no spring chicken when it comes to dating. Maybe when I was in high school and didn't know any better I'd accept some McNasty or Trash-Mart date but not now...oh HELL no.
Walmart is a very handy location
for shopping.. not meet and greets or dates !
lol

I like walmart for their organic produce as sometimes costcos is too much volume.
Walmart is good for qtips and suntan lotion........ cheap placemats and picnic stuff.......

not a meet and greet !
handy is not a term that goes with dating... it goes with being single !

I HEARD THEY SELL RONCO-MATIC HUSBANDS IN AISLE 10...
 Casper66
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2012 4:59:21 PM
Never met at Walmart but I have met at the local mall and Chapters bookstore which has a nice coffee place attached. The worse offer was to meet in a parking lot downtown, thought he was joking turns out he was serious, he just wanted to get out of his car, take a look at me and see if I was worth a meet, needless to say there was no meet.
 FatBottomGirI
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/25/2012 5:11:51 PM
A couple of days ago guy messages me and asks if I would do him and his buddy.

One guy we had agreed to meet at a local establishment. Last minute asks I would meet him at his friends garage sale instead.

Won't list the many married guys that message me wanting some fatbottomgirl on the sly.
 purfectmeow
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/25/2012 5:23:21 PM
When my late fiance first passed and I was first starting to date I met a man at WM I dated for over a year.
He sent his nephew Brandon over to talk to met when I was shopping for flowers in the garden center. Brandon had dated my daughter for a while when they were in middle school, going on movie and skate dates. After that introduction Ray almost stalked me where I worked for over a month before I finally said yes to a date.
With my memory issues I almost forgot about him. How could I when we had such a nice relationship. He owns a construction company in VA. and the distance just got to be too much of an issue. I do miss him and I will give him a call just to say hello; I havent in a while. Come to think of it I have had quite a few good looking successful men ask me out while shopping at WM. They didnt lead to a relationship, but it was fun going out! Sure beats staying home. Then again I get hit on everywhere I go; Ive been told Im approachable and open to flirting.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > MEET ME @ WALMART!!! LMFAO ;0)