Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Motorcylces and dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kingslayer64
Msg: 76
Motorcylces and dating Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
My God people I didnt think many would take this so seriously ! maybe i should have added sarcasm as a disclaimer for this thread ?
 kingslayer64
Msg: 77
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:55:09 AM
notyouraverageD :

Quote you addressing someone :

" so you are admitting you are shallow and materialistic? interesting... i just can't even imagine meeting a woman who is nice, attractive and interesting and then deciding because of whatever she drove i wouldn't see her or consider her. and as to moving on to the next profile - that was the first thing i said i do when i see the hells-angels-wannabe-biker-baloney on a profile."

Bravo ..

Do you know how many profiles I have seen of men and women posing or just a pic of one of those over priced toys ? I mean what screams materialistic more then a tattooed biker trash whoe ? And sorry if people dont like my OPINION. But this is a free country sorta isnt it ? Stick a Harley in a date site photo and to me it says I only date bikers !

Well good you do that then ..
 MIredneck69
Msg: 78
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/1/2012 2:42:09 PM
I cant read 1 out of 10 profiles where a woman doesnt list watching sports and harleys! So status quo. Ugh!
 Nahfish
Msg: 79
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/1/2012 2:57:16 PM
I've had women tell me straight up that they wouldn't consider being in a relationship because I ride a motorcycle. Another woman that I was dating continually told me to slow down while I was driving a diesel VW Jetta (90hp). Lesson learned. If a prospective partner gets her panties in a bunch when it comes to speed, it just won't work.

All of my most successful relationships were with woman who nurtured my destructive side. Doing 140+ on back roads, racing, messing with people on the street, the feel of a turbo spooling, and the raw power of a finely tuned engine. There is nothing sexier than seeing a woman's eyes light up when the topic of speed arises.

By the way, I ride a Kawasaki 636. Most Harley owners that I've met are tools.
 hen
Msg: 80
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/1/2012 3:41:58 PM
Nope not all all. To me bike is a mode of transporatation. I get lot of guys emailing me to came ride thier bike or to take me to a game. It just make them look more dumb as they don't even bother reading my profile.
Also there is lot of biker gangs, everywhere and I am not into that either. Not to say there are lot of normal people who have bike as an hobby. I have ridden bike but once again its just a mean to travel from point a to point B.
 Mediagirl4e
Msg: 81
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/1/2012 4:32:33 PM
motorcyles are a huge turn off. I dont know a person who has every rode one that didnt crash and I know of a bunch who died riding them. I personally wouldnt date a guy who owned one. To dangerous
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 82
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/1/2012 6:01:02 PM
No, I'm unattracted to men who ride motorcycles or like fast cars. They're just dangerous, and I don't want to have to worry about his safety all the time. Several years ago, I agreed to go out with a guy, and he said he'd pick me up. When he arrived, he was on motorcycle (I'd not known that he had one or that he would be picking me up on one.) I was hesitant but also young and curious what it would be like, so I threw on the helmet and went out with him. I admit it was fun, but the danger of it makes me not to want to ride one again or be with a man who does.
 J_bird61
Msg: 83
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/1/2012 9:16:59 PM
I could take 'em or leave 'em. Not all that important to this girl.
 20goldwing02
Msg: 84
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:29:22 AM
Have been riding motors since my high school days and have had my close calls. If sitting on the porch watching the traffic go by give a wave, I'm soaring with the eagles, thwe wind in my face. Not a foul to not go for men with bikes, just a loss for the chance it might be the right person. Ride it like ya stole it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 85
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/2/2012 5:46:53 PM

So truly nice guys can't ride?

in my business i used to market to bikers and go to bike events. i was in contact with a LOT of bikers, both men and women. i found harley riders to be, closed minded, shallow, aggressively ignorant and remarkably materialistic. a lot of them also didn't take care of themselves, were very overweight and smoked. is this all of them? to be fair - no. perhaps one in 20 would break this stereotype - though those ones almost never rode harleys. when speaking with non-harley riders, they always remarked how exclusive and unfriendly harley riders were to non-harley riders. apparantly just riding isn't enough to be 'cool' to the harley riders - if you ride a non-harley, you aren't cool enough to be in the club.

I find many people to be closed minded, shallow, and remarkably materialistic. I find a lot of people don't take care of themselves, are overweight and smoke. You're not posting about Harley riders, you're posting about the general population. You haven't stated anything here that doesn't apply to ALL people.

So? Why does it matter what one is looking for? If you don't fit that criteria, move along to someone who's more what you're looking for.

so you are admitting you are shallow and materialistic? interesting... i just can't even imagine meeting a woman who is nice, attractive and interesting and then deciding because of whatever she drove i wouldn't see her or consider her. and as to moving on to the next profile - that was the first thing i said i do when i see the hells-angels-wannabe-biker-baloney on a profile.

My telling you that you should move along if you don't fit someone's criteria makes me admittedly shallow? Funny!

WTH is a "bad boy" anyway? That's one of the most over-used yet under-defined cliches on the net. Just once I want some "nice guy" (another seriously over-used/under-defined cliche) to tell us all exactly what a "bad boy" is.

oh this is a real tough one. everyone listen up:
a 'bad boy' is a guy who doesn't treat you or other people nicely - go to the top of my response to see the details of how bad boys and their women treat other people.

You are one of those self-professing "nice guys" and yet you got nasty with me here (a complete stranger to you) and you talk nasty about Harley riders, you insult their physical appearance and basically call them fat/cigarette smoking snobs. That's "nice" in your opinion?? To me? That screams of someone not-so-nice. See ~ "nice" to you is clearly different than "nice" is to me. JMO
 smilineyes2012
Msg: 86
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/3/2012 11:15:27 AM
I don't like motorcycles and I cringe when I see them in a profile of someone who otherwise looks interesting. (and move on to the next profile!)
 MyHandsHurt
Msg: 87
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/3/2012 12:06:39 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. It's an act of desperation. There's a sports car parked on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. I have seen guys put up photos of them as though they own it. It is one of the saddest things I have seen. Luckily, they cannot take off their shirts on Rodeo Drive.
Also, if you have a motorcycle, then where do I sit?
Be yourself.
 AllinKingofHearts
Msg: 88
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/3/2012 12:11:05 PM
I've had bikes all my life. I don't use it to get an "edge" with women. There are many who love to ride and many more who do not. I ride with a club, just about every weekend we go for scenic rides and many times we ride for charity events to help raise money and awareness for others who are not as fortunate as us. I have no ill feelings towards anyone who does not ride, I understand it. I know it is a dangerous hobby but it is also extremely rewarding. And it is a lot less expensive way to get out and see the country than in a car. I get 58 mpg and don't pollute the environment as much as you do in your car. Many times I have broken in a new passenger who never thought they would like riding. I can assure you that with an experienced driver who takes safety seriously the first time passenger usually comes away thrilled and ready to go again. All you have to do is be willing and open minded enough to get on once. I hate roller coasters, they scare me to death and I have not ridden one since being very young. How many of you motorcycle haters ride coasters, I wonder? I think of all the safety violations they have and how many times people have been hurt or killed on them and yet they keep getting on them without a helmet, a horn or good brakes. I bet you don't give the coaster a safety inspection each and every time before you ride like I do on my bike. I know every nut and bolt on my bike and fix things before they are an issue. The people who run coasters don't fix them till they break.
 Dyna9
Msg: 89
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/3/2012 2:41:07 PM
Hey Kingslayer... You might want to do some research on Harley pricing... The average price for a Harley is well below $20,000. I paid $17,000 for mine which included all of my riding gear and mine would be considered one of the higher priced ones. You can buy harley's for as low as $9,000! Maybe even less, but it's been a while since I've looked. It makes me laugh hearing all of the stereotypes, Harley related or even just bikes in general. I was 26 when I bought my bike (mid life crisis!?? I hope it's not my mid life!), I am not part of a gang, don't smoke, am a regular at the gym and don't look down on people who don't own Harley's or bikes for that matter. All of you judgemental asses out there that having nothing better to do then judge people who aren't afraid to get out there, take some risks, and do what they love, keep doing what your doing because it makes it easier for people like me to filter you into the "people I don't want to get to know" criteria. The bottom line is you are judging on a matter to which you know little about, and that irritates me. There I got it off my chest!
 NotyouraverageD
Msg: 90
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:47:39 PM

My telling you that you should move along if you don't fit someone's criteria makes me admittedly shallow? Funny!

no, you expressing a desire to be with a person who only rides a certain kind of bike does. the same way it would be if you said 'if you don't drive at least a BMW and make $85k, please move along...' these statements would, quite accurately, label you as a person who is not so much interested in what a person is on the inside, but on a few superficial, materialistic toys that a person may or may not have.

now call me crazy, but when I'm out here I look at the actual WOMEN in the profile, you know the actual person, not whether or not she wears designer labels, lives in a certain neighborhood, went to a certain kind of college, drives a certain kind of vehicle or lives in a certain kind of house.

and yes, I am a nice guy - truly - but that doesn't mean I have no backbone or guts. I'm telling you what MY experience was and what MY opinion is.

just because I'm one of the nice ones, doesn't mean I'll cave or not back up what I believe.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 91
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:43:13 PM
Good friend of my did buy a harley in 2007 for $26,000 OTD. He wanted his bike naked no boxes no windshield. Everything cromed. Now that bike is realy a good looking bike. I had to laugh saying that I can't park my bike next to his as my looks like crap next to his even if it was a 2005 with not a scratch on it. I meet lots of biker on my rides. I found that the wana be would always try and act tough as if there is something to prove. Riding on highway 33 in ca. I stoped at rest where lots of bikers do Its a opened spot on the side of the road. Pulled over into a group of harleys that were wearing colors. Cool guys hang around for an hour shooting the breeze. Go to some of the trendy stops where the wanabes hang at and its totaly diffent. They won't even acknowldge you when you walk by and saying HI to them.
 HundredDollarBaby
Msg: 92
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:45:11 PM
what I've learned from reading the forums over the last few weeks....is that some guys really seem to have a problem with Harleys! What bothers you guys so much? This is directed at both those that ride and don't...seems like you may have some issues going on. It's ok guys no need to hate so much!
 Lionesse19
Msg: 93
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:59:35 PM
I just think the guy cant afford a car and is using the bike for economical reasons if he is middle aged or more. I wouldnt bother with a biker and especially a tattooed guy, wouldnt do it for me. You are even more vulnerable on the roads than in a car, and I wouldnt ever risk my life getting on one. Helmets can only protect the head. The noise with some of those machines is obscene and actually abusive to those who have to hear it. Noise pollution is what I call it. They are attention getting devices for the inadequate macho man often. If he has a car as well, that is no problem.
 Paderic
Msg: 94
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:02:10 AM
is that some guys really seem to have a problem with Harleys! What bothers you guys so much?

Two words- overweight and underpowered.
 NewYorkbiker
Msg: 95
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:12:02 AM
I understand that people view bikers as "bad boys" for some reason...
Anyone that has ever either witnessed or been involved in a x-mas toy run would realize that for the most part bikers are good people... The first toy run I was involved in was one of the most amazing things I have ever done... Rode with about 8000 other bikes and overall their was a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of toys donated for the kids that would normally receive nothing X-mas day...
Yes, there are the 10 percenters that give bikers a bad name, but the other 90 percent are just people that enjoy getting on their bikes on the weekend just to get away and enjoy a nice ride whether by themselves or with friends...
 szimmerman
Msg: 96
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:34:55 AM
I ride just for the love of riding. I don't try to cultivate some sort of false 'bad boy' image, and have no illusions that it will give me an 'edge' in meeting someone suitable. I simply enjoy riding back roads and checking out the local sights and mom-and-pop businesses. Riding through the 55 mph back roads in Pennsylvania while the leaves were turning was an amazing experience!

Nothing in life is 100% safe, and everyone is entitled to make their own judgments about how much risk they will accept. Some people are perfectly comfortable with skydiving, and others find leaving their front door to check the mail to be fraught with peril. To each their own. I have decided that, for me, the rewards of being a motorcycle rider far outweigh the risks. I have taken every possible precaution I can to minimize those risks as well, including always wearing a helmet and protective clothing, and completing training courses with the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

If someone doesn't want to date me because I ride, I respect that as their choice. Nobody else is required to adjust their level of acceptable risk to match mine.
 HundredDollarBaby
Msg: 97
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/4/2012 5:54:18 PM
touche Paderic! haha
 kingslayer64
Msg: 98
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/5/2012 3:22:57 AM
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/3/2012 1111 PM

"what I've learned from reading the forums over the last few weeks....is that some guys really seem to have a problem with Harleys! What bothers you guys so much? This is directed at both those that ride and don't...seems like you may have some issues going on. It's ok guys no need to hate so much!"

Lets see they are noisy, heavy ,slow ,over priced ,anything else ? If I was going to spend that kind of money I would buy a classic muscle car .All of the above issues but atleast I would have a windshield LOL..
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/5/2012 4:35:52 AM

Seems to me many woman think a guy with a bike is somehow hip, fun, cool etc ..So does owning a motorcycle especially one of those over priced Harley's give a guy the edge as far as dates ? Personally I can think of better things I would rather risk my life doing LOL..Hang gliding for one, or maybe swimming with sharks ?

It gives no edge but it isn't that big of a deal.
He could enjoy gambling,hunting for the sport of it, hanging out in bars or be a Nascar fanatic.

A man needs a hobby that he can enjoy as long as he can really afford it and it doesnt affect his relationships.
I certainly have mine.

You sound like you are a bit jealous to me.
 loveoutside
Msg: 100
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/5/2012 6:13:23 AM

Lets see they are noisy, heavy ,slow ,over priced ,anything else ? If I was going to spend that kind of money I would buy a classic muscle car .All of the above issues but atleast I would have a windshield LOL..

Kingslayer - you don't think classic muscle cars are not "noisy, slow, over priced, gas guzzling, can't turn on a dime due to ancient suspension system, engine blows as often as tire..."

I'm into cars and motorcycles (even like classic cars), but because you are not into them doesn't mean you have to make stuff up. I bet my bike can run circles around nearly all classic muscle cars and its a cruiser (Its not a Harley but another American bike and its not noisy). Come to think of it, I think it can run circles around my weekend racer - BMW M3 with a blower.

Motorcycle riding is very personal and individual thing, just as every other hobbies you might do - do what makes you happy and if you partner wants to be part of it - great, if not, do something else together.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Motorcylces and dating