Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Motorcylces and dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kawasakiprincess
Msg: 101
Motorcylces and dating Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
no way man he has to have NINJA LIKE ME!!!! no seriously though having a bike does not make a man any more attractive . i do ride so maybe thats it but even if i didnt him having a bike would not make him more dateable... personality is a big key for me
 TravelerseekingU
Msg: 102
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:40:19 AM
All set with the dead fish pics!

I ride a motorcycle so I look for someone who does ride because its my hobby. Not a Harley either! Some of my friends do and others don't. If you understand what its all about riding this wouldn't be a question. Its a preference in life. If one has a hang up about 'bikers' just move on. Its not cool to rant about 'bikers'!
 PassionateSoul4U
Msg: 103
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/5/2012 12:09:24 PM
Real bikers dont ride because they have a midlife crisis, real bikers have been ridin most of their life!! Its what "they know" its their "Life"!!! Ive also dated bikers and guys who ride motorcycle...real bikers, despite the bad rap they get r some of the most respectful, interesting and fun ppl i know!!! Obviously some of u have never ridden b4 cuz when ya do ur usually hooked, its the most awesome feelin in the world to ride!!!
 PassionateSoul4U
Msg: 104
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/5/2012 12:21:50 PM
that would be 1%ers... ;) lol
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 105
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/5/2012 1:56:02 PM
PassionateSoul4U You got that right, My hat off for you.
 EG63
Msg: 106
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/6/2012 4:46:08 PM
Oh dear!!!
I'm having a midlife crisis and nobody tells me anything? Bet they kept quiet to cash in the insurance, darn kids!
I should have bought a cane and some bird feed instead ... hopefully the ducks at the pond won't gauge my eyes out!
 thecatrascal
Msg: 107
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/6/2012 9:48:51 PM
Women say that size matters. Do women prefer their men with larger bikes?
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 108
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/21/2012 10:42:02 PM
Here's my favorite joke:

What's the difference between a Harley and and a Hoover?

The position of the dirt bag.

HA!
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 109
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/21/2012 11:59:19 PM

Real bikers dont ride because they have a midlife crisis, real bikers have been ridin most of their life!!

"Real bikers"? What kind of high school mentality is this? Caring about being perceived as a "real biker" is what makes the whole thing so douchey to me.
 vestaceres
Msg: 110
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/22/2012 1:20:36 AM
Genuine people will love you as you genuinely are.
 five-marie
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/23/2012 8:43:35 AM
Dated a man last year with a bike. He had to physically lift my leg so I could get on, lift it again so I could get off. Not one of my finer moments.
As a hobby/enjoyable past time I see nothing wrong with it. It's dangerous though, people are distracted/rude when driving and don't see you. (Never understood why you can't see something as large as a bike).
At my age I'm unimpressed with profiles stating "I gotta ride man" or something similar. I'm more impressed with men who can fix my lawn mower.
 catfa51
Msg: 112
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/23/2012 8:50:20 AM
You'd be suprised on how many women in the mid 30's to late 40's still want that biker guy and it is a pre-req for them!
 dove22
Msg: 113
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/23/2012 9:36:19 AM
For me, riding is one of the things I love to do, and its great to find a guy who rides as well.
I suppose its different for those women who want to ride on the back of a guy's bike. Some look at it as a status, or something to check off their bucket list, and others do it because they just like it. Many reasons to ride or want to be a passenger, and many have reasons not to ride-to each their own, and knowing what you want and going for it can't be a bad thing.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 114
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/23/2012 10:55:05 AM
I think middle age men sitting on bike pretending to be bad boys IS funny as hell.
 gtomustang
Msg: 115
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/24/2012 11:50:30 AM
1)you do know why they call Harleys, "Milwaukee vibrators", right? They go at the same cycle as washing machines...if you, um, catch my drift.

2)its funny how a real biker complains about how "normals" look down on him for not having status devices, but as soon as he hears your bike ain't a Harley...he looks down on you for not having the right brand name. Are there women who are equally focused on brand names, and thus have the same silly attitude that if its a certain item, it must be cool and somehow magically give coolness off?

um...do I have to answer or explain the answer to that one? :)

3)do bikers seem to go places (other than from dimly lit bar to bar) on their bikes that somehow magically, a cage (that'd be a car or truck) doesn't go? Yet, do people fall for that image of "freedom"?

4)are stupid people easier to date? only when you are like them, otherwise who wants to be around someone who makes them feel uncomfortable? Put another way, if you don't know what it means to be cool, independant, financially stable...but think that owning a "Hardley" (they can be bought on credit, ya know) represents them all, then finding a guy who has one, allows you to easily check off your list, right?

which brings us back to question4: are stupid people easier to date when they ask for so little?
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 116
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/24/2012 2:28:39 PM
I never could understand why a guy would want to ride something that would make him so crippled that he could barely walk afterwards....wait a minute!!!!!! ladies thats "not" what I meant...
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 117
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/24/2012 5:29:14 PM
^^^^ same thing might be said why fly a plane.. Its not like you can pull over when the engine stalls. why be race car driver?? Or best one why be a soldier people actualy shoot at you. I can tell you why I ride. Its not the wind in the face, I were a full face helmet. Or I could get a convertable. It's the rush the crazy fast acceration. The rush going around a corner. To ride a bike fast you use both hands and both legs. Its alot of fun, But its not for everyone. I think of my self as a biker not cause I ride a fancy looking bike. Its cause I ride for the pleasure of riding. I ride summer and winter. Which is easy here in CA so its not a big deal. Then you have people who dont realy want to spend the time to learn to realy ride. They do it for the image, Ride only on nice warm weather spend more money for the bling on the bike then spend it on tires suspension and brakes. You got them ride sport bikes and the cruiser bikes. If you ask some one why you want to sail around the world on your own or climb a mountain or be a race car driver or a soldiers... You wont ever get it no matter how long some one would try and explain it to you... It has to do with your personalty and out look on life.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 118
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/25/2012 5:22:54 AM
^^^^^I was jking ! I get it completely.....I was watching I think it was called Hell Roads, somewhere in the states the is a 10 mile stretch with 44 deadly turns on it....don't quote me on that....not sure if you heard of it....
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 119
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/26/2012 5:48:11 PM

I think middle age men sitting on bike pretending to be bad boys IS funny as hell.

And I think it's rather un-funny when someone stereo-types someone because of what they own or what they "sit on."

1)you do know why they call Harleys, "Milwaukee vibrators", right? They go at the same cycle as washing machines...if you, um, catch my drift.

And do you realize that once the Harley is in the garage for the night, it makes NO difference what that bike feels like between the thighs, it's the man that matters???

2)its funny how a real biker complains about how "normals" look down on him for not having status devices, but as soon as he hears your bike ain't a Harley...he looks down on you for not having the right brand name. Are there women who are equally focused on brand names, and thus have the same silly attitude that if its a certain item, it must be cool and somehow magically give coolness off?

What's "normal"? Who's "normal"? I think this is just another stereo-type which means very little. My best gal-pal bought a "Coach" handbag the other day. She found it in a thrift store, it looked new. $1800.00 purse, she bought it for $5.00. She gets a lot of compliments on the purse, doesn't mean she bought it for that reason. She truly had NO clue what a "Coach" bag was when she bought it. I have been in a biker-based world for as long as I can remember and I've personally never seen any one of my acquaintances or friends call anyone "normal" nor have I heard them trash talk someone who rides a Honda over a Harley. I think may be you need to get out and meet more "less normal" folk.

3)do bikers seem to go places (other than from dimly lit bar to bar) on their bikes that somehow magically, a cage (that'd be a car or truck) doesn't go? Yet, do people fall for that image of "freedom"?

I would not go on the ride before I'd go on a ride in which trailers were carting the bikes. I know there are plenty who do this, but yes, there are those of us who ride, regardless of "comfort" (ie: weather, messy hair, sore butt, bugs in the teeth/face, etc.) I've been from home to 11 different states riding and not one time have I been with a group who trucked their bikes in. So yeah, there are those of us out here. (And whether you think this or not? Drive by some dimly lit bars in the next few days. You'll see many more cars/trucks than bikes parked on the premises. Unless it's a poker run for a benefit? Plenty of us ride without going to a bar.

4)are stupid people easier to date?

Only for people who, they, themselves may be lacking intelligence.

only when you are like them, otherwise who wants to be around someone who makes them feel uncomfortable?

Well duh!!! Does this need stated???

Put another way, if you don't know what it means to be cool, independant, financially stable...but think that owning a "Hardley" (they can be bought on credit, ya know) represents them all, then finding a guy who has one, allows you to easily check off your list, right?

When did owning a Harley equate to cool, independent and/or financially stable?? I know people who own cars worth $2500.00 but they owe $10,000.0 on them. What does that mean? They are upside down in the vehicle of their choice. Some people finance stuff, some pay cash, some steal things ~ I dunno ~ what does owing a Harley have to do with independence OR financial stability? And "cool"??? I stopped worrying about someone "cool"-ness when I was 16 and t-top Trans Ams were the rage. To each their own, some people find Vespas "cool" (http://www.vespa.com/) It's all in the eye.

which brings us back to question4: are stupid people easier to date when they ask for so little?

Who deems who is stupid? I think stupidity is as stereo-typical as the cliche "nice guy" or "good hearted gal." Dating isn't easy for even the most intelligent people on this planet. But dating for someone who paints all people with the same brush must be hellish. JMO
 jimbronson
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/26/2012 8:35:38 PM

You'd be surprised on how many women in the mid 30's to late 40's still want that biker guy and it is a pre-req for them!

I've ridden bikes all my life. From the age of 18 on, they had motors. Most folks that know me, don't realize that I own more than one antique motorcycle. I never put it out front like it might make me appear to be an iceman. I don't fit the classic motorcycle profile most folks envision. No tats, chains, ugly clothes, etc. Once women get to know me, and see what's in my garages, they WANT to go for a ride. They ask me if I would take them on a ride, not the other way around. Yes, it's more dangerous than traveling in a car, but so is skydiving. I take as many precautions as possible to avoid becoming a statistic, but riding is fun... more fun than traveling in a convertible.

I do go to the nearby AMCA antique motorcycle events which are more interesting to me than a county fair. This is not a "way of life" but one of many interests.
 larissan04
Msg: 121
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/27/2012 7:59:51 PM
gawd, just heard about another friend getting killed on a motorcycle...why do men ride these things... this guy left behind a 7 year old son and a 10 year old daughter....he was only 48...
 purfectmeow
Msg: 122
Motorcycles and dating
Posted: 6/27/2012 8:11:48 PM
Im a believer in doing what makes me happy right now, because we are not promised tomorrow.
If thats dying from a heart attack, or riding a Harley so be it. After 28 people in my circle passing in the last eight years I've learned one thing; just do it. Ive lost a few close friends on bikes in the past, but Ive lost more to cancer, heart disease, kidney failure, car accidents, and gun fire.
 Paderic
Msg: 123
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/27/2012 8:21:57 PM
gawd, just heard about another friend getting killed on a motorcycle...why do men ride these things... this guy left behind a 7 year old son and a 10 year old daughter....he was only 48...

I know someone that was killed in a car accident two weeks ago. He had two children, 10 and 11 years old. Why do people drive those things?
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 124
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/27/2012 9:56:49 PM
MSG 132 Leagueofextraordinarymen, All is good there.
As far as I know the highest fatalty road would be the Ortega highway or highway 79. On avg there are 4-7 people die each year. Then there is the Dragon, I'm not sure but the angeles crest highway is up on top as well.
 DynaLady2008
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/29/2012 9:24:14 AM
I am one of those "over priced Harley owners" and absolutely love to ride! I find it rather offensive that people put down what they don't know. Unless you have experience in something you really have no authority to judge!
I ride because I enjoy it so what makes that so wrong? Is it wrong to spend time with family or attend church because you enjoy it? I don't ride to impress anyone. In fact, I have been told by men that they are intemidated by a woman who rides... so be it. My Harley in no way defines who I am. It is simply my avenue of enjoyment. I ride because it is a very relaxing and freeing form of entertainment. When I climb on my bike I leave all the worries and stress of everyday life behind and focus on my ride. When you ride a motorcycle you have to be very alert and aware of EVERYTHING around you. Therefore, you do not have time to dwell on anything but your ride. I also enjoy the fellowship of other riders who just plain "get it"!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Motorcylces and dating