Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Motorcylces and dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wildcard74
Msg: 126
Motorcylces and dating Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I love to ride.... There is no better feeling in the world.

I'd much rather find someone who has her own bike and rides rather than ride on the back of mine.
 HundredDollarBaby
Msg: 127
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 6/30/2012 12:10:05 AM
I went down last Thursday night...very humbling...had surgery this morning to have a plate and some screws put in my hand, not sure if I'll be able to use the clutch again. Miss riding so much...stay safe everyone no matter what you ride!
 qualityl
Msg: 128
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/1/2012 9:31:21 AM
Well I just dated a guy who was into Harley Bikes. It really scares me, but its not really the guy driving, it could be the car that hits you.

As of last week, he was hit not really knowing all the details. He is in the hospital, and yes this can change your life.
Not really liking motorcycles as of today. So all the woman who think this is so cool, good luck!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 129
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/1/2012 9:45:13 AM

As of last week, he was hit not really knowing all the details. He is in the hospital, and yes this can change your life.
Not really liking motorcycles as of today. So all the woman who think this is so cool, good luck!

Sorry to read that. No accident is a good one.

~OT~ I spent yesterday riding. First time in a while. Without a doubt, the BEST day I've had yet this summer. Loads of sun, great ride, a little swim, and a great dinner after. I don't love to ride because I ride with someone labeled a "bad boy" or because it makes me feel "cool" in some strange way. It's a feeling that unless you feel it, is impossible to explain. And I no longer attempt to explain it. It's like someone trying to explain to me why they love to golf. I don't get it, I don't wish to get it, I don't want to participate ~ so? I don't. For me personally? I'd rather risk my life doing something I love than not and wishing I had. To each their own ~ we all find value in different things.
 LetsMatchUp2012
Msg: 130
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/6/2012 1:56:05 PM
I have a bike. My bike is a work of art to me. Just like a woman who enjoy's gardening, shopping, painting, etc. It is a passion I have. I don't have it to impress a woman. I don't need things to show how good of a man I am.

It is my creative side coming out. I am proud of my art.

There is also a saying, "If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand".
 FedFireRon
Msg: 131
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/11/2012 3:43:41 PM
That's a good one myself not a Biker dont know what one is I have been riding bikes starting back in 1976
 vanityfair55
Msg: 132
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/11/2012 5:21:14 PM
I like the "biker" looking guy,but don't care for bikes or riding on them.So if they have one as their profile I'll pass over.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/11/2012 5:24:09 PM
Hey! Every man needs a little "guy time", a little time for male bonding, and little time for himself.

So, riding motorcycles, playing golf, and murdering fish are great activities for those occasions.

Fine with me.
 firefly416
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/16/2012 9:58:16 AM
I won't go out with anyone who has a motorcycle and I say so in my profile.
 qualityl
Msg: 135
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/21/2012 9:41:54 PM
I learned a lesson in dating a guy with a motorcycle! Our relationship was going great for 5 weeks, then he was in a serious motorcycle accident. I never was on his motorcycle with him, thank god! I wanted to be there for him, but he became mean, rude, and told me he would fix me up with his friend. Thats when I walked away! No one deserves abuse.

If a guy tells me he has a motorcycle, I learned my lesson. Keep going!
 1964armymom
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 4:47:18 AM

As in all walks of life, some people are assh*les and some are not. The same applies in the motorcycle world.. I've owned and ridden my own motorcycle(s) for the last 30 years, and i'm hardly the stereotyped 'biker chick". I've known many "rough" looking people who were some of the nicest people i have ever known.. Much nicer and less judgemental than some of the people on this thread appear to be...
Author: Dare to

Amen - I've known some hardcore bikers through the years and they were always very kind, even those with the roughest outward appearance. We live in a world where everyone wants to judge first.

I have in my profile that owning a bike is a plus, and just added to it "(not a necessity)" because men were apologizing that they don't have one. I certainly wouldn't want a man to get one to impress me.
All my cousins ride, and when we were young I frequently rode with them. I didn't ride for almost 2 decades while my kids were growing up. A few years ago I went for a ride with a cuz, and rediscovered how much I love it. I have several friends that ride and have dated a couple of men that do.
I only will ride with a very experienced rider. Most men my age that ride have done so since their teens. Not what you would call bikers, just men that enjoy motorcycles.
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 137
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 5:14:19 AM
Well some one could probably make an argument for any hobby pic as does that guy have an edge. Like a guy
driving a nice boat. If a lady is attracted to boating or the water then sure he will. Maybe momentarily.

BUT I think the point you are making is, does the perceived life style and personality of a "biker" give the guy an edge.

I would think for every lady it does, there is 10 he loses out with. The problem with many people is they become so one dimensional. I have owned all kinds of bikes. My last was a HD. I loved it. I also ride road bicycles and yes wear the spandex and all. ( my biker buddies and cyclist friends cant see how I go from one to the other). I am not one dimensional is how. NOR do I have to scream I am a biker. I do not own 1 Harley Shirt. Nor do I dress in a HD format when I am out. I just love the ride.
I have rode all thru the Swiss and Italian Alps and most of the US easy coast on all kinds of big bikes. I love it..but it is not who I am.
 Paderic
Msg: 138
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 6:17:08 AM
I learned a lesson in dating a guy with a motorcycle! Our relationship was going great for 5 weeks, then he was in a serious motorcycle accident. I never was on his motorcycle with him, thank god! I wanted to be there for him, but he became mean, rude, and told me he would fix me up with his friend. Thats when I walked away! No one deserves abuse.

If a guy tells me he has a motorcycle, I learned my lesson. Keep going!

I see this type of statement all the time on this site, I just don't get it. The fact that you knew ONE guy who owned a motorcycle and he treated you badly does not mean that it is typical behavior for motorcycle owners.
 Steveo480
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 9:38:42 AM
Murdering fish? Did someone actually say this? Anyway I have seen plenty of womens profiles with bikes in thier pics. They are looking for like minded people, why is that so hard to figure out? If you dont like bikes then click the next profile instead of coming here whining and ****ing about how every profile isnt made to suite you, seems simple enough to me
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 140
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 10:30:11 AM

I see this type of statement all the time on this site, I just don't get it. The fact that you knew ONE guy who owned a motorcycle and he treated you badly does not mean that it is typical behavior for motorcycle owners.

I dated a lawyer in Jersey and he (as Elaine on Seinfeld would say) "pulled it out" while at a stop-light en-route to taking me home. I'll never date another lawyer because this must be what they all do. (I mean really now! Judging all men by one azzhole is simply ridiculous.) JMO
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 141
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 1:53:39 PM
"PULLED IT OUT"
geez I have heard about men who use this tactic... like stopping short,(to go back to Seinfeld)

us dudes are a funny bunch. BUT
wherever there is a woman we have a man on the job,. He may not be our best..but he is there trying.

hehe
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 142
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 4:23:21 PM
I love bikes....oh how I love bikes
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 143
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 4:44:07 PM
think motorcycles are rather rather blue collar, but of course, i've known men that are professionals that are into them, too. personally, i don't like motorcycles because i've lost way too many friends to those things...and i would hate to lose the love of my life to a motorcycle accident. i also don't like the whole biker look, or biker culture. it's just not my thing. the leather clad rocker look, tattoos, the boots, and especially the hyper masculine swagger. it's all rather a turn off. i may find it tacky, but hey, to each his own...if that is what your into, whatever...oh yeah, i don't think morotcycles make a guy look "cool," either.

larissan
I dont know what kind of bikers you know..I know bikers who are professional, who arent like the bikers you describe, We bikers dont expect you too understand, its a passion for bikes we have, If you were to see me at first glance you would never know I enjoy riding, I dont have the everyday biker look. But I'll damn surely will dress the part when Im going out riding. We dont look at it as to choosing to lose our lives, we choose it because we like riding bikes, Im going to buy me a bike here soon, so is my daughter, my girls who are 8 and 10 have been riding all their lives.
Apparently you only one class of bikers.
 Serephena
Msg: 144
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 5:26:41 PM
I personally like riding on cycles and it is a fun past time, something you can do once you start seeing each other for free !
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 145
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 7:37:12 PM
I don't want anything to do with a man who rides a Harley motorcycle. The majority of these guys are badly overweight and out of shape. Here's my favorite joke:

What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The position of the dirt bag.
 HundredDollarBaby
Msg: 146
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 8:42:33 PM

That's really charming.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 147
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/22/2012 9:08:06 PM

I don't want anything to do with a man who rides a Harley motorcycle. The majority of these guys are badly overweight and out of shape. Here's my favorite joke:

Shame shame shame on you. That is one of the most ignorant comments I've EVER read on here and I've read a slew of ignorance here. How many times have you pushed your Hoover around? You're no different than the "dirt bags" such as myself who opt to ride on a Harley in our spare time. (And for what it's worth? A Hoover is a cheap azz vacuum. Wanna make that joke a tad funny? Change the brand to an Oreck. At least those with decent taste in vacuums might find your judgment a tad humorous.) JMO

**Footnote: the majority of men in your age range are badly overweight whether or NOT they ride a motorcycle. That's life, not the bike, Dear!!!
 Paderic
Msg: 148
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/23/2012 5:58:33 AM
I don't want anything to do with a man who rides a Harley motorcycle. The majority of these guys are badly overweight and out of shape.

The majority of people in our country are overweight and out of shape, I don't know why owners of a given brand of motorcycle would be any different.

Personally, I would not own an HD, but it isn't because of the image. It's because I prefer lighter and more nimble machines. I do have a number of friends that own them, I can say your characterization is way off the mark.

I wish I had a dollar for every ignorant stereotype I've read on this site...
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 149
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/23/2012 4:38:43 PM
Ms. LiterateHiker,

You have a Masters degree and you list your profession as a mediator?? Odd coming from some one who calls 'everyone' who rides a mc a dirt bag. Imagine some one you are mediating for owns a Harley? geez...relax LH. Why so angry?
 KneedragginRC51
Msg: 150
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 7/23/2012 8:21:56 PM
Well... Username says it all. I never post on here, just recently found this has a forum.

Most people have no idea of the bond with your SO on a motorcycle. If girl thinks motorcycles are dumb, stupid, and immature she probably thinks everything else potentially dangerous and liberating is as well.

If she thinks I should get rid of my bike, well... See ya. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Motorcylces and dating