Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Motorcylces and dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyDude3059
Msg: 151
Motorcylces and dating Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
i ride my harley for the fun of it not for getting sex.if sex is all they want when there on your bike thay dont belong on it in the first place.
 MsGirlyMuscle
Msg: 152
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/5/2012 6:23:25 AM
If a guy is into Harley's, great. I just make it clear I am not. As we all have our hobbies. What I do get sick of is a guys profile, with 7 photos of the damn bike, and one of him. And really, we can give a rats ass about that bike. I mean seriously , we want to see the person, not the bike.

Dating? I would date someone with this as a hobby but again I just do not have any interest in it. I am not afraid of them, I just have no desire. But I find it good people have their OWN hobbies , so it is not some 24/7 thing where we both better have the same likes all the time.

I will date the guy...NOT they guy and his bike. I have met some men who are overly obsessed with those things. As if they cannot function if it is not some Harley related thing. Including clothing. It is over rated, if you ask me and NOT cheap.

The guy cannot pay his rent, but moved back to Mama's so he can buy a 30K Harley? No joke. A lot of that on here too. Met a FEW of those !!!!!

I have also met some VERY nice men into this whole Biker thing. I do not think Bikers are * mean people .* For me dating ANYONE boils down to the whole chemistry/connection thing. We all have our hobbies obviously. As long as it can be * put away* and reality is dealt with. I use the gym 5 days a week but it STAYS there when I leave. That kind of thing.
 JasonK1980
Msg: 153
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/5/2012 7:58:11 AM
I don't own a Harley, I own a Honda CBR.. give me a sport bike over a cruiser any day. But I don't use it as bait for a woman.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 154
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/6/2012 3:58:51 AM
There are two groups most likely to have a bad crash.

1. Young guys with no experience jumping on a super bike as a beginner.
2. Midlife guys who just start to ride late in life.

Motorcycle Safety training and easing into it and building experience will reduce that considerably.

I was riding off road when my age was in the single digits and never stopped. It's not a midlife crisis for me.

More people die from Aids than Motorcycles. With safe sex it is entirely possible to have sex and not catch anything. With motorcycle safety training and safety equipment it is entirely possible to ride for over 20 yrs without injury. I have done it.

As for "motorcycles are so blue collar" , "Don't like the look" etc..

Who bought the first Ducati Desmosedici RR that was delivered to the US? None other than that man that every woman wishes would email her instead mere mortals like me who actually HAVE been to the danger zone on deployments.. Yep TOM CRUISE.

Clooney likes his high end bikes too.. Does that make him a scruffy scrub now?

There is a video "10 coolest things road racing". In it you get to see Matt LeBlanc do wheelies on a dirt bike and talk about why he likes to ride and interviews the most female chased racer Nicky Hayden. It is on U-tube

Not all of us are no helmet burnout cases like Busey. Not all us have sleeves of tattoos or any at all. We all don't wear cute little leather vests over wife beaters and ass-less chaps.. Some of us are clean shaven and clean cut. Some of us prefer safety gear that actually works and probably cost as much as an Armani suit. Some of us have one of those too for when we are going someplace upscale in the Italian car.

I have seen it all on here. No motorcycles, No military.. blah.. blah.. frickin.. blah.

If you can't find the kind of guy you are looking for because you run around all day looking for surface deep reasons to DQ guys. Well it is not my fault you suck at life.

If you see that I ride sport bikes, dirt bikes, horses and don't like it. See that I have served full time in the past and continue to serve part time in the military and don't like it. I don't care because many women still prefer real men.

If you assume I won't have much money this year because I am deploying. That's a stupid assumption. With over 15 years in and rank I do quite well and to top it all off my civilian job still pays me.

What it really comes down to for me is if you rush to a judgement after merely skimming the surface I don't care because you are too much of a shallow, sorry excuse for a human being for me to waste my time on.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 155
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/6/2012 5:04:12 AM
Not with me, my cousin lost his leg after someone crashed into him and left him in the road so no thanks.Besides it messes my hair lol
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 156
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/6/2012 5:33:23 AM

Not with me, my cousin lost his leg after someone crashed into him and left him in the road so no thanks.Besides it messes my hair lol

My mom got hit by a car on the kind of bike you pedal. She is now a Paraplegic.

“there are no GUARANTEES in life.”

"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

“If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.”
― Clint Eastwood
 vanityfair55
Msg: 157
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/6/2012 7:58:07 AM
You go right ahead.
 kirbyglo
Msg: 158
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:05:07 PM
Indeed.. Swimming with sharks...! Yay..! I get so many hits from big nasty tattoo clad biker dudes.. Yuk.. I will not ride **** behind any biker dude, Harley, BMW, Indian. I don't give a rats ass what kind of motocycle it is. It's a death machine. Never never never. To some of us who have a little bit better than good common sense. I'd rather ride a skateboard in rush hour traffic. No it's not sexy it's asinine. No worry Kingslayer64 there are us that are not believers in the culture. Good grief..
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 159
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/6/2012 3:13:27 PM
I was out for a ride on the Ducati one night around nicer areas of greater LA and saw a group of rather classy bikes ridden by those who ride and dress gear wise like they know what they are doing. I slipped into the back of the group and just enjoyed a chill group ride in the cool night air. I had no idea who they were until one of them flipped up the chin bar of his modular helmet and chatted a bit with me at a stop. Lets just say plenty of ladies have posters of them on their wall.

Have fun rocking out with your coffee cup. Different strokes I guess.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 160
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/6/2012 3:35:24 PM
Hey MotoGPatrick, Lets not forget the guy that could beat Tom Cruise at having women chase him and still out do most men at riding, heck even racing motorcycles Steve McQueen.

I actualy think its a great thing that most people don't like to ride motorcycle. Can you even imagine what would happen if those same people who think they know who to drive a car got on a bike??? Most people can't drive, Now you put them on a bike and it would be scary to walk on the street again.
I got nothing aginst cruisers as not everyone cares or wants to go fast. Then you got those guys that are 6-5 and 300lb. If they even sit on your bike they would just crush it lol. We all do it for the joy of riding. When you stop at some parts on the ACH or Malibu area with other bikers around. Its always come to a great day to be out there with like minded people. Enjoying life is whats its all about.
I would never tell lies to people and say that riding is as safe as driving a cage. The fact is that its not as safe. For some of us there is more to it. It the feeling you get from riding. Where the danger of riding just adds more to it.
Last week on a full moon ride on the ACH. I joined the hit a deer club. Lucky to ride away.
Some do it for no other reason but to fit in the crowd, The Wanabe.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 161
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:41:35 PM
I had some near misses with deer back in MN on motorcycles and snowmobiles.. In California I dodged a jackrabbit at night only to t-bone the coyote that was chasing it. Luckily I was on the dual sport, stood up in the pegs and just caught some air like I do off road.

Not sure that most on here know who Steve McQueen was or have even seen The Great Escape. He was also a former Marine.

Hmm

Famous names on two wheels include.. Justin Timberlake, George Clooney, Bruce Jenner, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Ryan Renolds, Liam Neeson, David Beckham and many many more.

Knowing this I am sure now the ladies all think these guys are totally undateable..LOL

Not just movie stars. Steve Jobs used to ride a BMW.

Does not look like all motorcyclist are scruffy tattooed low achieving morons now does it?
 vanityfair55
Msg: 162
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/7/2012 5:51:07 AM
Yes, so just because all those men you mention are good looking does that mean I would ride on a bike with them? Obviously, I think most of us realize not all motorcyclist are as you call them"low achieving moronic bikers".
 MsGirlyMuscle
Msg: 163
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/7/2012 5:55:48 AM
^ It is not even just this. I am more worried about the traffic around the motorcycle than the biker. Last night, not to far from my house, a man takes someone on a date. Gee lets take the bike. Pulling out of the driveway, they get hit by someone making an illegal u-turn. On a date !This woman doesn't even know this guy and is not sitting in the hospital with God only knows how many injuries. And him too ! THIS is what scares me. The drivers around everyone. And the texting and driving too, hell I had one of those idiots hit me and I drive a BIG truck. Imagine being on a bike !

No thanks....if I am going to be hit on a bike & live life to its fullest as some said on here, I better really like the guy and know him...LOL
 EG63
Msg: 164
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/7/2012 8:17:50 AM
Life is not a journey to the grave
With the intention of
Arriving safely in a pretty
And well preserved body,
But rather to skid in broadside,
Thoroughly used up,
Totally worn out,
And loudly proclaiming,

WOW !!!! What a ride!
 Paderic
Msg: 165
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/7/2012 9:56:53 AM
Yes, so just because all those men you mention are good looking does that mean I would ride on a bike with them? Obviously, I think most of us realize not all motorcyclist are as you call them"low achieving moronic bikers".

Wait, since when does it mean that because I own a bike I want some whiny beyotch on the back of it? I ride alone, I don't need or want dead weight on the back altering the dynamic characteristics of the machine.

Please update your stereotypes.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 166
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/7/2012 11:57:04 AM
MGM

Others in the thread were all like icky tattoed scraggly bikers.

I will admit it is not super safe. Training and equipment seriously help. Ride like the cage driver does not see you and expect them to do the stupidest things.

How many kids get hit by cars on bicycles feet from their driveway?

Some people merely exist. A waste of space and pixels.

Others would rather accept some risk in order to really feel alive as opposed to just existing.
 AUC_MMDCCV
Msg: 167
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/7/2012 9:40:05 PM

I do not own a Hardly Ableson.

Enough, mate. Stop bagging Harleys.
They are great for artificial reefs, and the antiquated underpowered air-cooled V-twins make excellent mid-size boat anchors.
 firefly416
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/8/2012 10:53:08 AM
I won't date a guy who has a motorcycle if I know about it. Therefore, I won't meet anyone online who says he has one. First of all, I won't get on one but also I wouldn't want to fall for someone more likely to be killed riding one. I do wonder about the many, many men here who have photos of themselves sitting on motorcycles in stores. What's up with that? They have one, they want one, they think it's cool or sit on one or they think we will think it's cool?

Firefly
 AnnB72
Msg: 169
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/8/2012 12:11:13 PM
Definitely different strokes...
I've never wanted to own, drive, or ride on a motorcycle, and I'm not that impressed with those who do, especially if they expect me to be, but I do understand why they like their bikes.
As for the "never living, just existing" because I don't have the urge to go ga-ga over a man who drives one, or want one myself is just BS. I have plenty of thrill in my life, as I'm sure do others whose daily dose of excitement does not require a two-wheeled motorized potential death trap (not necessarily because of their driving, but the driving of others). In my own line of work I ride - a four-legged variety - that could kill me any day and I spent years learning how to be safe around them as well as how to train them, so the mention of safety (as one poster did) is at least a big plus.
A man who at least is aware of dangers, has learned to handle his bike correctly, and takes a concern for the safety of others will impress. Not just because he owns one.

I agree with MsGirlyMuscle, though, that this is a dating site, and multiple pictures of his bike can be a put off. Is that really supposed to attract women?
 Paderic
Msg: 170
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/8/2012 12:52:50 PM

this is a dating site, and multiple pictures of his bike can be a put off. Is that really supposed to attract women?

I guess it's a like some of the women's profiles I see where they have one picture of themselves followed by several pictures of their house or where they've gone on vacation.

I have never posted a picture of myself on my bike simply because I don't think it should matter to anyone. I did list motorcycles in my interests. I wouldn't want to know someone that has a negative opinion of those that ride. Of course, I'm also not actively dating from this site anyway...
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 171
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/8/2012 1:33:34 PM
MGM

Others in the thread were all like icky tattoed scraggly bikers.

I will admit it is not super safe. Training and equipment seriously help. Ride like the cage driver does not see you and expect them to do the stupidest things.

That's how we should all drive anything we drive whether an 18 wheeler or a Harley. (How many do so? Statistics posted in this thread indicate that 70 some% of all accidents involving motorcycles are caused by drivers in pedestrian vehicles. I believe that.)

How many kids get hit by cars on bicycles feet from their driveway?

My son (at age 8) was hit by a Ford F350 pickup leaving school. He was in the cross-walk. Dead at the scene/revived/closed head injury/coma/other less traumatic injuries. And all he was doing was going home. These things do indeed happen!

Some people merely exist. A waste of space and pixels.

Others would rather accept some risk in order to really feel alive as opposed to just existing.

My son died from complications following an ATV accident. He was in full gear and was an experienced rider/racer. He avoided a crash, which would have probably killed another rider and took a telephone pole to the right side of this body. 6 months later, he died. Tragic as it is? I'm sooooo thankful he lived large. He truly lived and truly enjoyed the 23 years he was on this planet. It eases my agony knowing that he lived as he wished.

~OT~ Everyone has their own thing(s) in life. I love to ride and wish I were geographically closer to all of my riding friends. I miss the benefit rides. It's nice to be involved in a group that supports Make a Wish, Toys For Tots, and some way, we got into Locks of Love. Which is odd now that I think of it ~ all those "greasy" bikers growing their hair long to donate it to cancer victims. (I do SO hate stereo-typing people. I don't personally know one "greasy" biker and I know a load of bikers.) To each their own ~ I'm just happy to be doing what I enjoy. Whether that be riding or reading or sitting in a hammock. Life is just too damn short to be worried about dying. JMO
 AnnB72
Msg: 172
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/8/2012 1:43:14 PM
To each their own, Paderic.
And it's true, I'm sure, that women do similar things. A picture of something special is great, no doubt, but multiple pictures?
*sigh* I suppose, though, those things that are important to someone, those things they are excited by, they do want to share - informing others that it is a big part of their life. And in some ways, that is very good to know.
 DreamsHopeLight
Msg: 173
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/8/2012 2:20:30 PM
Have always loved riding on a motorcycle. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Harley, but the wind in my hair helps me forget all my worries. Swimming with sharks would be interesting, as well, since I love swimming. Not sure the sharks would be something cool to face, though.
 happyday48
Msg: 174
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/8/2012 7:47:59 PM
I definitely would not ever date a man who has a Harley or any kind of motorbike or motorcycle. I like more traditional men. Bikers are not my thing. But if these fellows like to ride bikes, have at it. But I'll never date them. Or go for a ride. Motorcycles and the men who ride them are a libido killer for me. The same goes for muscle men/workout fanatics. I like plain and simple fellows who walk, ride a bicycle or own a car. Most women I know would never date a biker.
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 175
Motorcylces and dating
Posted: 8/8/2012 8:08:43 PM

Most women I know would never date a biker.

That's ok. IMHO most women are not good enough.

PS

In 2009 27 million people in the US operated motorcycles, and 7.3 million of them were women.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Motorcylces and dating