Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexyshantay
Msg: 51
Is it just me or does dating suck.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
well in every city t hey have a local chat line actually several.. phone chat lines not sex lines.. but you might have to buy munites.. do it .. it might be worth it.. make voice ad and let women respond or you can.. never respond as desprate. act like you dont care wether or not you take her home.. trust me a little respect and generousity can go a long way!
 freemind
Msg: 55
Is it just me or does dating suck.
Posted: 11/10/2004 7:49:29 AM
i haven't had too many bad dates yet. do you guys think that maybe you have too much expectations? How can there be so many bad times between two people just want to have the same sort of fun and can be themselves without disappointing the other becuase of expectations?
 Danien
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/10/2004 2:30:05 PM
Now the question is whats NORMAL :P. Like to me giggleparts is normal Skarsten well... hes a little to informative for his own good(abb-normal) and guitarman100 he likes to yell alot so again another normal and myself well im as normal as they come sarcasm sexist comments etc

Wench to the kitchen now!
 freemind
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/10/2004 2:45:30 PM
NORMAL!?!? Good luck with that. Are you what define's "Normal"? Everyone has something to offer if they're honest and they know themselves, then you can decide whether you want that or not.

I think a problem with most relationships is that people are so use to changing their environment to suit their desires. They go too far when they try to change the person or people that's in their environment. People can only change themselves. Live in the moment and who really cares what. Does it really matter? So what if the guy or woman was a jerk as long as he didn't hurt you. And if that person hurt you for just being them self, than I think the problem is you, bad dates can make a life experience and a good lesson. Make the most out of it, even if that means leaving and finding something else to do and lose the luggage.

NORMAL..... *eyes rolls*........You're crazy.
 the_big_bad_wolf
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/13/2004 8:11:24 AM
i think that dating only sucks when you dont have the $$ to go out or to do somthing nice!! so these days its a drag to go anywere..
 the_big_bad_wolf
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/13/2004 8:12:51 AM
well for dating a man.. play your cards right and you will find someone with respect!
 freemind
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/13/2004 8:30:52 AM
You women that are having bad times with your dates probably just don't know how to pick em. Guys will totally come on strong becuae we are like conquerers, but once the battles over, the spoils are reaped, the generals get fat and lazy. This will happen when you're looking for Mr. Right and you find someone that fits your criteria, but now you have the problem of keeping that person interested. Chances are you won't. Because that was what you wanted your now disappointed with that person, you should be dissapointed with yourself. You should KNOW that if there's no challenge, there's no point. Quit picking guys that fit so well with you and go for guys that interesting and new. You'll broaden your horizon, and the challenge will come naturally. I'm not saying go for the total opposite of your ideal choice. I'm saying trying going for someone you can challenge and then challenge him. It's not the 'game' if both people are being themselves and being true to thier companion. I wonder if you women even send messages out to guys you think are interesting. I have some advice for everyone that's not into meeting someone that plays games. This is what I usually say before I eventually meet someone (but it's also kinda true).

"I know all the signals and all the plays and I usually call them when they happen. You might think that takes the fun out of the interaction, but in fact, the fun that comes out of it becomes more real"

If you've been played enough, you should be know most of the plays by now. If you keep falling for them, whose to really blame? Have some control. Control is a HUGE challenge to take on :)
 the_big_bad_wolf
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/13/2004 8:34:04 AM
i agree i told many women that men love a challenge!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >