Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tayfire
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasuresPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I must admit i do like ABBA now but not when they were popular from the 70's but did buy Mamma Mia on 7" when it came out. I did go and see the show Mamma Mia in Oct 2004 when on holiday in Vegas and was singing along also.LoL.
 ir82
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 7/7/2012 3:23:24 PM
Mine is probably the Safety Dance by Men without hats. I always have to dance to it on the dance floor. Also I do like a bit of ABBA they are a decent band just very uncool.
 Tillybud1
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 8/25/2012 11:54:49 AM
I like listening to all sorts of music mainly when I am doing house work ....
but I always end up putting my Bowie Albums on !
 TaTz_007
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:10:07 AM
I'm listening to 'Mister Mister - These broken wings' because I heard it on Vice City... shhhssss! I also have a re-occurring nightmare of listening to the Nolan's greatest hits at full wack and having the earphones suddenly yanked out at a public place like a cafe or library (#^.^#)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 11/21/2012 12:44:01 AM
^^^^ he has the most reason to be embarrassed :O)
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 63
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 11/21/2012 12:54:23 AM
'At Worst-The Best of Boy George and The Culture Club'. One of the best voices to grace the airwaves.
'Pop', by Erasure.
 Trevork52
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 11/23/2012 5:08:01 AM
The mighty Quo! Counting down to 7th December and the annual pilgrimage for a live dose!
 GeordieColin
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 11/24/2012 4:26:11 AM
I played a Country and Western record backwards and got my kids, house,dogs, possessions,job and shed back. But I stopped the record before I got the wife back.
Result :-)
 daver987654
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 3/29/2013 5:41:44 PM
The French, Scots, Welsh and Yanks have a much better anthem than our dirge.

Tunes I love for various reasons

Men of Harlech, Welsh male voice choir
Abide with me, simply hummed not sung, brings tears to the eyes on Remembrance Sunday especially
Beethovens Ode to Joy
the Hallelujah Chorus
Simon and Garfunkel, pretty much anything really
etc
 GeordieColin
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 3/30/2013 2:48:35 AM
Johnny Cash. He and his music epitomised everything I love and hate about being a bloke
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 3/30/2013 3:41:55 AM
This morning I was catching up with a documentary about Niles Rodgers. Ah... Chic, Sister Sledge, those heady years....

However, biggest guilty pleasure for me has to be The Bee Gees, You Should Be Dancing.
 BarnsaLee
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 3/30/2013 12:24:20 PM
gotta admit despite looking rock music ish I have a soft spot for some good Jazz/Big Band Swing music.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 3/31/2013 2:17:12 AM
Guilty pleasure. . . The Macc Lads, well most of theirs.
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 3/31/2013 1:56:25 PM
Musical guilty pleasures? I have a few!! 80s, plus that song "5, 6, 7, 8" by Steps (even though I usually hate country!) (Billybonds: @"somebody to love . george michael and queen" are you KIDDING me Freddie Mercury is a freakin creative genius I love him!! and queen!) a few Roger Whittaker songs, some 70s & 60s (love three dog night!) and Bjork cos some people say she's crap but I love some of her stuff so much!

but two weirder ones for me, and I got really into them today! I needed cheering up, heard one of these two songs & wanted to dance & listen to it & it made me laugh...although usually I am NOT into gangster rap, violent lyrics and tons of swearing!
But also they are SO catchy!!
The first one is Check yourself before you wreck yourself by Ice Cube (try not to listen to the lyrics too hard)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aAbOgdbTbM

The second one is the song they (sample?)
The Message by Grandmaster Flash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY

I always liked those two songs & today I listened to the original & also different versions.
I freakin LOVE
"Don't push me cos I'm on the edge, I'm trying not to lose my head" and "It's like a jungle sometimes I wonder how I keep from going under"

I'm not a big fan of gangster rap at all but MAN I LOVE these two songs, even though the lyrics are violent, depressing etc. And damn they catchy!
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 4/1/2013 3:17:23 AM
^^^^^ Well I must admit that I actually you tuned kriss kross the other night and thoroughly enjoyed reminiscing my early teens.
As for landslide I prefer the Billy Corgan version :)
 _FishingForAMermaid_
Msg: 87
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 4/1/2013 8:32:01 AM
There are so, so many good artists and groups, that to try to nail one or two down becomes impossible. I suggest that one might be better off suggesting a genre that one prefers overall; but different situations call for different tunes, so it is hard to nail anything down. Music should not be a "guilty pleasure". It is one thing that humans get to enjoy because of their intelligence.

For those who like ABBA, have you listened to any of Agnetha Faltskog's later works? Check her out on youtube.

I prefer the crooner's in general. I like and appreciate being able to understand the lyrics of the songs I listen to. I was
recently introduced to Matt Munro, and have added him to my favourites list.

Happy Listening All !!
 _FishingForAMermaid_
Msg: 88
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 4/1/2013 9:24:19 AM
I see that Agnetha has just put out a new album. "A". She is still a great singer !
 daver987654
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 4/1/2013 9:29:22 AM
Alice - leopardskin skin - looks nice - might spend some of my 6000 points.

AthenaMarina
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 4/2/2013 1:09:15 AM
Re Pentatonic blue: "Though I do get irked, when people label Led Zeppelin a Heavy Metal band :D"

Classic rock then??

One of my three ringtones is "The Immigrant Song" by Led Zep (along with Aerosmith's "Love in an elevator" - current one - and Stevie Wonder's "Master Blaster")
And I LOVE that scream! When I heard it first I was like WOW!
Still am.

Also love Kashmir by Led Zep - another musical guilty pleasure is I also love ""Come with me" by Puff Daddy featuring Jimmy Page! (ANOTHER violent one?)
In fact it was the best thing about the whole (90s version) Godzilla movie but then again, that movie wasn't very good! I sat through the credits so I could listen to the song.
This is the official music video for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrSyrOaoAug
Apparently this is the original Kashmir Led Zep video (9 minutes!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73dvrir5kig

Stairway is awesome but been done SO much, houses of the holies is awesome,
I love "All of my love"

Two other musical guilty pleasures (I love Classic rock!)
Are Joe Walsh's "Life's been good to me" no that's obviously cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXWvKDSwvls
THIS is a musical guilty pleasure of mine: Z Z Top's Cheap Sunglasses: Here ey are beards and all!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WTlP08LEg
(And who HASN'T bought and rocked a pair of cheap sunglasses before?!)
(Make sure they give your eyes good protection though!)
 Chuzz16
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 4/2/2013 9:14:59 AM
For all you oldies out there that loved the 70's.

I still can't get enough of 'smooth 70's'. I have the radio on for most of the day while I'm busying myself around the house.

It takes me back to 'the good old days' ( I'm starting to sound like my mother)

This has become my guilty pleasure. (Musically speaking)

UKTom2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 4/3/2013 4:57:40 PM
Well, I had Curiosity Killed the cat - Misfit and Back down to earth stuck in my head for several days last week.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:57:18 PM
Billy, don't be a hero. . Not :-) interesting new photo young man, what is going off behind you? I am feeling much better thanks, but on anti nausea pills and anti biotics. .
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >