Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kohmelo
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Atheist with Christian biasPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Do you not give a rat's biscuits or bahookie either? What about a rat's tukas, or tush?

The "biscuit" is in reference to vaginas, not Asses. So in that case no, but as for babookie, tukas and tush...yes.

Yes, they are expressing the same consternation. No, they are not interchangeable in meaning or use.

Yes, they are.
Ass = Buttocks
Babookie = Buttocks
Tukas = Buttocks
Tush = Buttocks
They all mean the same thing. They all mean Buttocks. Please Google synonyms.

You don't hear christians praying to "gosh," or say, "god will "darn" you to hell if you use his name in vain."

You're correct. But why try to mince something that does not require mincing?

The article's message was that saying minced oaths carry the same religious penalty as the real words

I don't agree that there are any religious implications

This is ridiculous since the words themselves don't carry the meaning of their origin.

Yes they do.
http://www.synonym.com/synonyms/goddam/
Here's a list of synonyms of goddam - They all mean "goddam". In other words a goddam by any other name is still a goddam.
 CressB
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Atheist with Christian bias
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:01:32 PM
^^^ Come on are you guys serious. This is about the equivalent of arguing about whether Chris Kringle's undies are red or white. For the love of Thor's beard, as a bunch of atheists and/or agnostics, who really gives a ship.

Buddha's fat belly!

Hahah, that was fun.

Ok, you can continue now.
 CressB
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:31:15 PM
PROTON:

I seriously doubt that anyone here cares even the slightest bit for anything you have to say about the subject. I'm pretty sure that you lost the ear of this crowd the moment you opened you moth the first time. So, Don't just stand there like Cuchulain staring at tits! I'm sure that there are many like minded people over in the religion forum for you to consort with. There is no need for you to pester us here.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:45:17 PM
Cress,
I can's speak for her, but I'm discussing linguistics. It's a naturally dry subject.
And they're red. Everyone knows that.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/187/xmasshakerk3.gif/
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:57:44 PM
The gist of the article was that using minced oaths carries the same religious penalty as using the lord's name in vain.
I don't think there's a religious penalty because I don't subscribe to a religious penal code.
My main point is that curses more often translate to expressions of consternation than they do sacrilege. You obviously disagree.

I wasn't arguing that tush was not butt. (and biscuits are butts, not vaginas--look it up) I believe I made my point the first time without needing to restate it here.
I'm done. We're not arguing the same points and the fun of the thread is not in such symantic hair splitting as this.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2012 3:34:59 AM

I wasn't arguing that tush was not butt

Good. Now. gosh is[/] a reference to god. so is holy gee

(and biscuits are butts, not vaginas--look it up)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=buscuit

1. Buscuit
Street gang word for gun
Im packing a buscuit nobody run!

2. buscuit
another word for vagina
you can nearly see her buscuit in those tight pants

3. Buscuit
A retarded new person. Someone with no skills, and the personality of a rock, who was just hired on at a company an thinks they know what was going on. Alas they do not. They have no ability.
Silly buscuit get back to work. Dumb

4. buscuit
the equivalent of a cheese bus carrying a cheese bus load of cheddar biscuits...
Person #1-Man I'm so hungry I could eat a biscuit.
Person #2- Don't you mean a buscuit?

No buscuit butts. And who, pres-tell, is more of an authority than Urban Dictionary?
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:17:28 PM
No buscuit butts.

As any reputable researcher would, consult more than one source, eh?

A female's buttocks
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/biscuit

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=biscuit%20booty

It should be obvious since buns and biscuits are very similar in round butt-like appearance.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2012 5:02:28 PM

As any reputable researcher would, consult more than one source, eh?

It's not the source. You were talking about bicuits and I thought you said buscuits. We've now left the Synonym Train at got off on Miss Spelled Avenue. The moral of the story is stay in school kids. If you can't spell you'll end up thinking a bum is a vagina.
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/1/2012 8:23:35 PM
Actually, I was talking about bouquets.

Curse the misspeelings!
 60to70
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/2/2012 12:07:11 AM
I have a suggestion for all of the befuddled. Its from a book called "Making an Elephant" by Graham Swift recording his growth as a writer when very young....he discovered Isaac Babel's "Collected Stories" and he quotes from one of Babel's stories a very eloquent and beautiful line...'no iron can pierce the heart with such force as a full stop in the right place.' And that is indeed a splendid representation of what truth is....carry on arguing, debating but in a finality what pierces your heart...like this?
 CressB
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:00:59 AM
60to70:

?... 0_o

You lost me man, or "what you talkin about Willis".

I'm definitely befuddled, but I wasn't before your comment.
 60to70
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:10:21 AM
truth is more important than opinion. Opinion has only the worth of a dandelion seeds blowing in the wind. Does that help??? Or... read that line of Babel's again...and again. You be a man...you should get it. smile.
 CressB
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:13:59 AM
Oh, I know all about opinion, but could you help me understand what truth is?
 grizzelda
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 6:57:55 AM

Huh, this thread made me think of a movie I haven't seen in a long time. Anyone ever seen the movie "Johnny Dangerously"? Well in that movie they had this bad guy character, of either Middle Eastern or Asian decent, and he had this really heavy accent that caused him to say strang curses like "you fargin ice hole" and "you sumana bastiches". Hahaha I loved that character. I loved that movie so much when I was a kid. Wander what I would think of it now?

Ha, loved that movie for that very reason, I use ``farging icehole` pretty much everyday, I like Jebus too, and `great gravy`` a lot as well. There is an art to cursing....
 Kohmelo
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:48:28 AM

Actually, I was talking about bouquets.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bouquet
Isn't it the biscuit that hands out the bouquet?
 AddHomonym
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:10:17 PM
For the love of Loki, not that this fun game with words isn't wonderful and all but there was an interesting conversation going on here about the topic brought up in the OP. I know some of you would rather talk about biscuits than anything relating to God, Yaweh, the Lord, etc. but you will have to just accept the fact that not all of us have a problem with seeing his name in text.

I've been trying hard to incorporate my new colorful curses into my daily life, it's been fun.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 4:15:55 PM
^^^^ By the Axe Wound of Isis, you're just pissed because we've discussed synonyms, miss spelling and slang... but no homonyms.
Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that the term 'holy ghost' is redundant?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >