Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > So I did not kiss her on the the first date. Good or bad sign?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 72
So I did not kiss her on the the first date. Good or bad sign?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I'm a woman who just doesn't feel comfortable kissing someone I hardly know, no matter how attracted to him I feel. It's a more intimate act for me than it is for other people, I guess. The guy I'm currently dating, we've known each other since last August and I guess there was always kind of something there, but we didn't start dating until January. Even though I knew I liked him a LOT, I made it clear to him that it just takes me longer to get to that comfort level with someone. He respected it, it was probably around the fifth date or so that we finally kissed, and we're still together. And fifth date for me was pretty quick, actually, which I attribute to having already known him for much longer...
 OutMind
Msg: 73
So I did not kiss her on the the first date. Good or bad sign?
Posted: 5/14/2013 2:56:05 PM
How is it that you don't understand that they are not compatible in terms of affection/needs?
She may be attracted to him, but they are still not compatible.
That means, that by default she is not "the best woman for him".

You have expressed that a man who tried to kiss you on a first date, wouldn't get a second --
like Outmind, any first date that I am on that doesn't end with a kiss, isn't going to have a second.

Excellent points. To me the kiss is just the tip of the iceberg. Is the expression of some fundamental qualities that I like or dislike in women. I like a woman that is willing to take chances, that is not too reserved, that is not driven by her own social dogma or moral-religious dogma. All those show in that kiss. It also shows when women have been burned out a lot, and tell you that they are reserved because all the players they have encountered.

The thing is that attraction to me. Chemistry is shown. If it's not shown, I am not interested in reading the woman's mind. At that point it's her lost. And better that way because we are going to antagonize in styles and approaches. So really, that will not be the best woman for me, because in the end, she was not willing to take that simple chance.

The other big problem, and why this would not work is that most of the time when women are this reserved, and the guy buys it, he ends up being another girlfriend. The man has to have the balls to approach, and if it doesn't happen, create the consequences. So he does not waist his time or the woman, waiting and waiting to see when the chemistry will be there.

There are people that work slower and want a ton of other reassurances and what not. Whatever works for them. That would not work for me.

maybe I am wrong about a first date kiss. It doesnt matter to me anymore. I have not met anyone on a first meet in a long time who I could see myself wanting to kiss. So there is not usually a first date. I think it is possible for a first meet where you dont have the chemistry but get along well can turn into a good friendship...so no kiss needed in that situation.

Fair enough. So here's the challenge. Go into your next date, not with the idea that you do not kiss on first dates, nor the idea that Yes you will kiss him if he approaches, but that you are willing to kiss if you FEEL that attraction. It could be just that final peck. Or a romantic kiss after dinner. But a kiss never the less. You may go and have 5 more dates and not feel a thing, thus you should not kiss them. But there along the way, comes one that you may feel some desire, let it flow.
Posted: 5/14/2013 10:29:51 PM
3ffervescent:

So, if we had just spent a 6hr first date building a cardboard box pirate-space-ship-fort, and while colouring it in together

Hey, that sounds like fun! Sounds like a sweet thing to do on a date.

...I think what you described isn't what I was thinking of for some first dates. And, you missed what I said. For some reason sometimes people think you're saying something very different than what you said -

I didn't say you can't kiss on a first date. I didn't say that if you kiss on a first date that you're a whore. I didn't say anything against the need to feel chemistry. I don't know where those things came from, and don't understand why you said them...

...what I said was about you not wanting a second date because I don't try to kiss you on the first one. That's it. Don't read anything else into it. In other words, after spending a 6hr first date building a cardboard box pirate-space-ship-fort, and colouring it in together...and you leaned in to kiss me...if I didn't welcome the kissing gesture or simply didn't return it but just took the one you gave, or I pulled away, or whatever - everythng was just fine, I wasn't weirded out at all and it's obvious that I'm still having a good time, our time together was just as sweet as how you imply with this date description and the fact that you wanted to lean in to kiss me in the first place - you wouldn't want to see me again? You wouldn't want a second date?

That's it. That's all. Nothing else. That's all I'm ever saying about first-date-kiss-versus-second-date issue.

Now, what you should do is...if after reading this you're feeling different about it, or you are having second thoughts about where I'm coming from, what you thought I meant, and what you're thinking on it is (if you're thinking that ok maybe you'll still want a second date)...you should forget that and consider why you posted that last question in the first place. Why did you read something completely different from what I said? Why did you ask me if I'd run or call you a whore just because you'd lean in to kiss me on a good first date? They are two very different things, so different it's crazy. Consider why you changed what I said into something completely different...how in the world did you hear the one instead of the other...what were you thinking? That is where we might learn something.

Why did you even say

if I leaned in to kiss you --
are you telling me that you would run away with the crayons screaming whore?

in the first place?

How is me running and screaming whore because you kissed me on a first date...at all in any way, shape, or form, even close to me not trying to first-date-kiss and wanting to know if you wouldn't want a second date because I didn't do it?
 y0uandi
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/14/2013 10:44:39 PM

Good conversation for the most part with maybe 1 or 2 occasions when neither of us said anything.
Isn't if funny when people *gasp* when you don't say anything a few times on a date. Hell, when you're in a relationship it's 60% of the time!

e get to the end of the date and we are standing outside of the place saying our good nights. We went in for the goodbye hug but i did not kiss her.

I've always found it interesting how people just assume that the kiss can only happen at the end of the night. If two people are really into each other why wait? I want to get a few good kissing sessions in before the night is through to build up to the second date with even more kissing. Whatever happened to the innocence when growing up? It's like because we're "adults" we have to follow a certain format when dating.
Posted: 5/14/2013 10:52:24 PM

Whatever happened to the innocence when growing up? It's like because we're "adults" we have to follow a certain format when dating.

There's a good reason for calling it childhood "innocence", and for having some sort of (format). Because as adults, we've learned and understand that people have intentions that might not be desirable and we need to find that out. Because as adults, we've learned and understand that there are important things to consider about people before just doing whatever whenever.
Posted: 5/15/2013 8:26:56 AM
3ffervescent:

No, I'm not a slut-shamer based on a woman saying hello first, asking a guy out, etc. As I've said many times in these forums, with me, how I do things is all about getting a read on how you think about things and your motivations concerning the first dates, chemistry, compatibility, relationships, men, etc. And this first-date-kiss thing is just part of that. And that's the whole point of those first dates. For example, if having the kind of date that you're describing, and knowing that everything is clicking pretty well as we've discussed, you're telling me that if I didn't let you kiss me on that first date, you'd think that I have intimacy issues, am too reserved, or are an introvert - that's one of the many things I want to know about a woman as quickly as I can find them out...if she thinks this way. If she would do something like conclude that a guy has intimacy issues or is introverted just because he won't do a first-date kiss, that's weird to me, and that's one of the many things I want to know about a woman as early as I can find it out.

I don't know how I can emphasize this enough - we're talking about the first date here. Date number one. Numero Uno. I don't care how extroverted I or you might be, I don't care how sure we both think that we're "feeling that freaking chemistry" the right way on the first date, I don't care how comfortable each of us might be with intimacy, I don't care how important it is to get a feel for someone through kissing...this is only the first date. If you think that any kind of impressions two people get from each other on a first date really mean a damn thing, or think I'm not interested just because of a lack of a kiss, or rather, if you just can't go on a second date or conjure up the "friend zone" because no kissing takes place on first date, I need to know stuff like that as early as I can.

In such a case, you can keep your friend zone. I don't want it. And keep the cardboard fort. I don't take kindly to such rudeness as friendzoning because I wouldn't kiss on a first freaking date. Yes, you're right, it'd be a fun date...shame you can't handle not kissing on a first date. You people and your friend-zone-concepts. Keep that crap away from me. Where did that come from anyway, teenybopper MTV?
 y0uandi
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/15/2013 10:33:01 AM

There's a good reason for calling it childhood "innocence", and for having some sort of (format). Because as adults, we've learned and understand that people have intentions that might not be desirable and we need to find that out. Because as adults, we've learned and understand that there are important things to consider about people before just doing whatever whenever.

Yeah well, you can go play mr.serious adult. I'll stick to living a fun life. :D
 melodyof_k
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/15/2013 12:12:59 PM
I agree with drinkthesunwithmyface explanations.
not kissing does not mean not attracted.
It doesnt mean No chemistry either.

these seem like "rules"
doesnt kiss on first date= no second date

other rule
does kiss on first date= no second date.

If a man leans in to kiss me on a first date I probably would not kiss him
knowing myself,....I most likely would have told him somewhere in an email,
or phone convo. before we met,... or during the first date that I dont like to kiss on a first date.
Therefore, men dont usually lean in to do so.
If we are both feeling the chemistry I would think that we would both want a second date whether we kissed or not.
If a man does not want to see me for a second date ...because.... I didnt want to kiss him on a first....
thats fine with me. his choice.
I would probably not be compatible with someone who makes a possible life changing decision based upon a kiss.

In my experience...I dont think I have met many men who make a decision based on a first date kiss..
because usually if you both feel the good chemistry....you would both want a second date.

I still do not understand why a person would make the choice of no second date based only upon a kiss.
To me,.a kiss is not a peck on the cheek. It is intimate.

as for the forums I express my own thoughts and opinions and I am not judging or "trying to change anyone"...why would you say that?
I have been accused of being "miss moral" (religious or whatever people may think when they dont even know me)....because my opinions for my own life have been falsely taken as slamming those who dont think as I do. which is unfair treatment and bashing to those on forums.
Posted: 5/15/2013 12:17:40 PM
3ffervescent:

LOL! This is fun! Thanks for playing.

(if I didn't kiss) chances are we are not compatible...
...I would naturally assume that you didn't feel the same way...

And that's the point. You're right, chances are that we aren't compatible. But not because I didn't cooperate very much with a first-date kissing, but because you decided that we weren't because of it. My actions didn't mean what you decided they meant, but what it means that you decided they did is important. That's what I want to find out.

you know that most (more than half) of us women folk know within first minute or so of meeting you if we would potentially like to sleep with you-- on date number ONE.

I could go and post a topic on the forums:
"We spent 6hrs building a pirate-space-ship-fort, and he wouldn't kiss me... Does he like me?"
The resounding responses would be that "He is just not that into you" and "stab him with a red flag".

And again, that's the point. That's what I want to find out. And this includes you including deciding if you want to sleep with me with whether we kiss on the first date. You don't get points or validation for your view just because many other women would do this. Especially getting certain kinds of predictable feedback from people on POF.

Why do I feel like we just broke up?

Yea, that sucks. It was so fun. That was such a sweet date, with the right intimacy and opportunity for us to really get to know each other, and that leaning in to kiss me was exhilarating. Can we start over? I'm so sorry. I was a big dummy head. I'm gonna pull the stick out of my arse and loosen up. Hehehe!

Wait, we can't do that. Because you self-defeatingly decided you didn't want a second date. Doh!
 melodyof_k
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/15/2013 1:03:16 PM

My actions didn't mean what you decided they meant, but what it means that you decided they did is important.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
this.

and because you decide to think you know what someone's action means...
that leaves no room for seeing things from a different perspective
and no one can mind read.
why not ask instead of assuming?
 OutMind
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/17/2013 8:25:27 AM

If you were talking about the fact that most (more than half) women know shortly after meeting if you are indeed kissable --
sorry, but most of us do.
Not just because other women do, we really just know, well -- the intuitive ones...

As you said, the intuitive ones. They know within the first 5 minutes of the conversation.

And a woman that was not intuitive, trusted her instinct to know. I would not want to date.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/17/2013 8:43:53 AM
drinkthesunwithmyface,

we're talking about the first date here. Date number one. Numero Uno.

Very true. And all we're talking about is a simple kiss, too. A simple, basic expression of interest.

For example, if having the kind of date that you're describing, and knowing that everything is clicking pretty well as we've discussed, you're telling me that if I didn't let you kiss me on that first date, you'd think that I have intimacy issues, am too reserved, or are an introvert - that's one of the many things I want to know about a woman as quickly as I can find them out...if she thinks this way.

Assuming it's in an appropriate place -- I would say, yeah, the woman is rightfully in position to assume lack of interest on your part, or possibly way too reserved IF you had interest... unless you preemptively stated before the date that you don't kiss on a first date. Intimacy issues, or anything deeper? That would be jumping the gun possibly if she had any concrete assumption on that, for sure. But the gal isn't going to go off and do a psychoanalysis to you right there when you deny her. She's just rightfully going to think one thing -- he lacks interest (if it was at a reasonable place & time).

Also, you don't want to play games like "I wonder how'd she feel if I denied her leaning in for a kiss at the end of the night? If she's turned off, she's not right for me because she was turned off and is making assumptions about me."

I CAN see though, if she leaned in for one in what most people would consider at least a questionable place & time.... or if she was turned off it was a little lunch date at noon and you didn't go for one, or even an evening date and there was no timing/situation for you to even try. But in the former, you could easily say "I'd like to kiss you but this really isn't the time or place right here..."

See, DrinksTheSun, I like a demonstrative man - If you are pulling back when I am leaning in for a kiss, we aren't compatible.

And on a first date, that pretty much sums it up for most women and rightfully so, assuming it's not an inappropriate time & place when doing so. As a guy, I'm fine if the woman definitely expresses interest in many other ways throughout the date, and her body language at the end of the night leans away from a kiss and toward a hug. It'd put a "Hmmmm" in my mind, as chances would be higher she lacked interest, but not enough to make a determination about Her (since there was other indicators of interest during the night).

Years ago I had a date 60 miles away just outside a college campus at Starbucks, mid-afternoon. She was an older woman who instructed at that college. There was that chemistry upon first meeting. The place was packed full of what seemed like students studying and drinking coffee. About 20 minutes into the date, chit-chatting and eye-gazing, she leaned over the table and said "Kiss me. I want you to kiss me. I dare you." I was apprehensive, but I did and it was a really great but odd semi-makeout session. NOW, if I declined that -- sure, that could be a compatibility test for HER... but she couldn't have rightfully blamed me for not kissing her there at 2:30PM, as if I was someone who doesn't kiss on a first date or was too reserved, blah blah. I wouldn't blame a guy's "game" for declining for a better time & place.

So the timing & place should factor in. But refusing to kiss on a first date should send question marks, at least, of interest, if the timing & place is just fine. If a woman is turned off because you shy away from a simple kiss she leans toward at the end of a first date, she should be turned off -- it's a simple kiss. Shying away from a gal leaning in to kiss you at the right time should be taken the same way as always shying away from a gal doing "kino" like touching your shoulder, forearm or hand.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/18/2013 12:50:54 PM
If shes a hoe, bad.
If shes a girl with useless integrity, good
 staffmom
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/18/2013 6:51:43 PM
I agree with Outmind. I generally know within the first 5-10 minutes of meeting a guy if I want to kiss him or not.
However, just because we kiss on the first date doesn't mean we're going to bed on that date.

Could any of you guys explain the: "I really had a good time, look forward to seeing you again, kissy-kissy.... and then disappear? Are those guys really so gutless that they can't 'man-up' with some honesty?
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/25/2013 10:35:00 PM
I wont kiss someone until I feel that spark and I can at least see a possibility of this being something long term. This world has become too rushed and sexual. I like to just let things unfold calmly and slowly.
 melodyof_k
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/25/2013 11:21:37 PM
this discussion may cause too many to over analyze a first date kiss.
Just please remember that if someone shows interest on the first date but she / he doesnt kiss you..
does NOT mean they are not attracted to you.
And if they do kiss you...it doesnt mean they "like" you or even want to see you again.

and think about what I, and also a poster above said about the herpes virus.
you cant tell if someone has it coming on by seeing their lips.
I also dont want to kiss anyone unless we both have the goals of meeting each other for a ltr.
How do you know that on a first date?
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/26/2013 8:57:40 AM
3ff - ^^^ perfect and oh so right!
Posted: 5/26/2013 11:27:15 AM
3ffervescent:

I got tired of our conversation so I left it, but there's at least one final comment I should've made but didn't.

(Insert laughing initials or symbols here. I always thought it scary to imagine people laughing "out loud" at their keyboards at every little thing. When I type 'hehe' and 'ha' I think that's a bit wacky. I used to always type a simple L or LLL!, etc, for a realistic litttle laugh, or a really big laugh, respectively. But people would exchange several messages with me then one day ask "what the hell are those capitals L's in your messages?" so I stopped. Got tired of explaining it all the time. Anyway, from now on I'm using my L's again. If anybody is confused, I'll just have to deal with it, or hope it speads.)

L!

I think you cheated...

My only point that I was debating was whether or not a woman wants a second date if I didn't do a kiss during the first one. And I was assuming a general idea of a generic typical first date, because as I've said these things aren't rules with me but just theory, or mindsets, which might express differently in real practice.

When you introduced a first date which lasted for 6 hours, during which we built a cardboard, crayoned, pirate space ship fort...you were cheating. That kind of hypothetical throws in a whole different set of dynamics concerning how the dating is going and how the two involved are coming along together. It implies a level of intimacy achieved, and implies a certain extent to which we each feel confident with who we think the other is, and implies a certain comfort level existent between us, etc. I think this is cheating. L! Because I don't think that's always the typical thing we think of, or are talking about, when talking about first-dates. Your example was assuming that we were already past certain getting-to-know hurdles. Your example was to assume a progress that is more equivalent to a second or third date sometimes, not a first one, or is assuming that we've already gotten to know each other and gotten comfortable with each other through other means before the first-date...like introducing a scenario in which we already know each other in order to debate practices in scenarios in which we don't know each other yet. In your example, it's possible that we'd already kissed 3 hours ago, so it doesn't apply to use it to debate kissing at the end of said alledged first-date, and whether or not you want a second date afterwards because of it.

I kind of explained this earlier on, but not as explicitly, and when at that point you unleashed your phrase about you "liking a demonstrative man" I didn't feel like jibber jabbering on it anymore.

Some people might claim that I was incorrect in making the assumptions of a typical generic first-date, or that their first-dates are sometimes as you described, but I don't think I'm incorrect. I think it should be understood, and understood that first dates which go as you described are assuming a wholy different picture, concerning to what extent the two people are strangers or have become close, than the general idea or theory I pointed out, and not talking about the same thing.
 melodyof_k
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/26/2013 8:41:16 PM
cute video 3ffervescent

I think Cher meant after the 5th date. L

its the passionate kiss that counts..not the peck on the cheek or lip kiss.
and yes....a long 6 hr date like the one you wrote of is different from the "generic" first date we talk about on POF.
its great to have a long good date like that.
its the long boring ones that I cant wait to get away from that ....well...
nevermind...
maybe I should just make out with my date first to see if I want to continue the date.
a relationship built on great kisses is the best. never mind the compatibility issues. jk
or L
to me....they are both important to have....the kisses and the fun and the compatibility. ..all of it.

heres to hoping we all find great kisses after which ever number of dates we need...
and not to turn away what could be good just cuz of a lack of a kiss on a first "generic" date.
 Genuine_Gentleman_For_You
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/26/2013 11:31:03 PM
You should be able to tell by how the date went. But more importantly her body language should tell you if she's going to want a kiss, or not. But if you're not sure, then don't try. Just be respectful regardless of the outcome.
 CaptainTeebs
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/27/2013 12:30:27 AM
No problem. Don't kiss, but make sure they notice the raging boner that you "try to hide".
Posted: 5/27/2013 9:57:17 AM

I have no idea why you are still single.

I get that a lot.

But, I do know why I'm still single. And unfortunately it's a dumb/bad reason, and something that I wish women understood. Then I wouldn't be single anymore.

No, I wasn't [cheating] -- that is how I date...

No...I was talking about cheating in our "argument". Did you really not get that's what I meant? You cheated in the sense that you made a point in a way that had nothing to do with what we / I was talking about. You changed the conditions, and side-stepped it.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 94
Posted: 5/27/2013 11:01:29 AM
Bicylcebuilt41,

Some of the things I'm reading from the guys are insane to me. I'm a woman who likes to take things easy. I've never kissed on a first date and if a guy tried to go for one I don't think I'd be too happy.

Although it's too strong a word, I think it's "insane" to have your position on a first-date kiss. Having a mere kiss IS taking things easy in the minds of most people, if they both had a great date and felt/saw an obvious mutual attraction. You have to realize you're psychologically/mentally out in left field on the concept, for better or worse. Given that, you can't be pissed at others because of it. It'd be like a hardcore vegan being Ticked At someone who eats chicken salad, as if they were going on other people's lawns kicking dogs. Said person would have to understand that most people are not vegetarians, let alone vegans, and it's not The Way by any stretch, it's a very exclusive & unusual way, for better or worse. Be more comfortable with fellow hardcore vegans, great -- but one doesn't logically have the right to be upset At those who aren't the same way or close to the same way.

That's even if I really liked him. It would cause me to think "Does he go around kissing EVERY girl, all the time? Where has his mouth been recently?"

Well, that's paranoia. I mean, if you guys only exchanged a couple messages and quickly met at high noon on a Sunday and as soon as you walked up to him to say hello he wanted to deeply kiss you, sure. But to chit-chat for a few days, meet up for an evening DATE that lasted a few hours and there was obvious chemistry, and at the end of the night he walks you to your car -- stop for a second: You're not any/every girl. Setting everything up in this context is not something an average person could do on the fly, at any time, etc.

Why aren't you asking yourself "Does he do this with EVERY girl he talks to or has talked to? This whole evening date set up, being so nice and blah blah blah? Was there a girl yesterday and the day before, and another one tomorrow? OMG, this date is MEANINGLESS!" :)

You're not a girl he started conversation with at a bar and is wanting a kiss after exchanging #s. In this example, it's an evening date in which there was time & effort already put in. Okay, so he goes in for a kiss -- so? You've talked before, set up an evening date for it, bonded for quite a while during the date, and it's a kiss. Whoop-dee-do. It's natural. It's what normal 7th graders do.

Maybe it's because I'm in the medical field, but all it takes is one photo of herpes-encrusted lips to make me squeamish at the thought of a random stranger's lips touching mine within hours of first meeting each other.

That IS why, I'm sure. You're treating a kiss like it's oral sex with homeless people for crying out loud. :) A good first date, at the ending of it, is not a random. You can look at anything and make it sound/feel wacked out and scare yourself.

If we are compatible their will be other ways to tell and we'll have plenty of time to kiss later.

But it's not about being compatible on-paper alone. In fact, sometimes you may not be quite as compatible on-paper vs another guy, but flourish much better with him. Kissing, touching, eye-contact, flirting, etc -- to one degree or another -- is part of the process of bonding and expressing & allowing interest to grow. Holding back from those things can easily kill it with most sane, clean, thoughtful, rational people who are otherwise compatible -- the types that would be in a Relationship with a gal-pal with you wondering "Wow, I'd love to have a guy like that."

You're so wrapped up in whether you should kiss her or not that your probably missing the more obvious signs. A kiss is NOT the one and only way to tell if she likes you.

You're right, a kiss is not the one & only way. However, sometimes it can come down to that to guage. So if you're not one to kiss on the first date, make that apparent in your profile and/or first conversation when setting up a date. Realize that for better or worse, you're in left field on the subject to have at least some mild disgust toward it on a 1st date -- hence you should make that known to avoid missing out on a great catch. AND when you are interested in a guy, and he seems interested in you, make sure you show interest -- not in "your own way" -- but through means that other common people can read.

Many times a guy will think "the date was OK... can't read her interest... seemed to have some, but she could have just been having a good time out, I dunno.... At the end of the night I could tell she didn't even want a kiss, so chances are, she's not interested." And guess what? If he bet in Vegas each of those times, he'd win most of the time. He'd have an advantage so big that the house rarely has, if ever, over its visitors.

What I find most funny is that this is the GUYS telling other GUYS that this makes you less manly.

Notably on an evening date, walking her to her car, if she positions herself for a kiss and the guy shys away -- yes. If they go out on multiple dates and the girl is at least in neutral position on at least some of them, and he never went in for one -- yeah, he's being chicken (less 'manly'). If she positions herself away at the point where a guy may kiss, no, he's not being chicken by acknowledging that and not forcing an issue.

I totally agree if you're a man/ woman attracted to risk-takers and this is how you weed out incompatibles than heck yeah go for the kiss :)

I would say the risk-takers would be the ones who put themselves in at least neutral position when a guy may kiss them, and weed them out if said date went in for a kiss when never alarmed that they're against kissing on the first couple dates. You'd be weeding out a lot of potentially good catches. Of course, alarming them of that would ALSO weed out some too. So pick your poison!
 CaptainTeebs
Msg: 95
Posted: 5/27/2013 3:48:09 PM
^^^^great post!
 mrcs84
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2013 1:34:52 AM
"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it.
If you don't ask, the answer is always no.
If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."

You will seldom regret anything that you've done. It's what you have NOT done that will torment you.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > So I did not kiss her on the the first date. Good or bad sign?