Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abelian
Msg: 59
Going out with guys on here as friends (when in relationship)Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
There area few guys I have spoken to who understand I am in a relationship but still want to take me out and as I am currently unemployed and see the boyfriend 3 days a week, I am wondering is it wrong if I go out and have some free fun drinks/meals etc... If they know I am in a relationship.

If you're completely unethical, anything is ok.

Of course I know what the majority of you are going to say and I totally agree with you I am just wondering and asking for opinions as some of the guys I have spoken to have told me they don't mind me being in a relationship and can understand 'the just friends' rule.

Is that the rule that says if a girl is in a relationship, just try to get laid?

Opinions and thanks, whatever you do say will not make me offended angry or upset.

Personally, I think you know better.

I think you are allowed to have male friends while dating if that is done diplomatically.

No one has said otherwise, but the op isn't really talking about male friends, She's talking about going out with men she doesn't know, but met through a dating site whom she expects to pay for meals and entertainment when her boyfriend isn't around.
 forums1
Msg: 60
Going out with guys on here as friends (when in relationship)
Posted: 5/27/2012 1:20:14 PM

Opinions and thanks, whatever you do say will not make me offended angry or upset.

Personally, I think you know better.

This entire thread is "I know its wrong, and I know everyone else will think its wrong - but I'm looking for any small glimmer of justification to go out and meet random guys on the internet behind my boyfriends back."
 luvspjs
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/27/2012 2:14:34 PM
Last time I checked my friends wouldnt invite me out to a meal on their dime.

The fact that you are considering going out with them for a free meal shows that you are truly not interested in your current man. Dump him then go out for free meals from strangers who"understand your situation and want no strings attached...aka "friends"" 7 days a week if you want.
 strops
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2012 2:24:49 PM
Look if guys want to take you out then why not, they know you're in a relationship but they'll probably expect more than just dinner.

But what about your boyfriend??

Are you going to tell him you're going on a date with a bloke you've met on a dating site?

Roles reversed would you mind your boyfriend going out on a date??

Stop worrying whether it's alright to get free meals from blokes when still with your boyfriend that they know about and ask the question is it ok to go on dates with blokes even though I'm with someone??

If he doesn't know..... then poor boyfriend!!
 Archangel_07
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/27/2012 2:29:32 PM
Any guys that fall for OP's BS, consider yourself a back burner dude without any kind of self respect what so ever. She's going take advantage of ya. OP get a job and stop taking advantage of people. You're in a relationship have some decency for your boyfriend. That's disrespectful to go out with guys when you know you're in a relationship hiding that. ACT RIGHT OP
 cooldog65
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2012 6:25:05 PM
If your boyfriend doesn't know, it's cheating. If these other guys are expecting something in return for their "payment", isn't that another form of prostitution? Well...?
 wicked76
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 7:50:29 PM
Personally I would find it highly disrespectful that you would be out with other guys you don't even know while I'm at work. Were not talking about established friends that your boyfriend already knows about. You are talking about strangers. It's one thing if it is an established friend, but searching out other guys to have fun with sounds more like you really aren't satisfied with the one you are with and want to see what other options are out there. You seem very naive about the intentions of us men.
 nightowl2004
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:12:22 PM
No freaking way. THE END.
 Triumph800rider
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:48:46 PM
I am not going to jump all over you. You aren't married to this guy. However, the ethical thing to do is tell your "boyfriend" you are going out on these dates as "friends". He has the right to know and make his own decision about whether or not he can accept this. He might drop you. Or he might start taking other women out to dinner or, better yet, let them invite him over to their place for a home cooked meal! If this happens don't be surprised if he stops buying you dinners because he finds a "friend" who is not only a better cook than you but looks better in an apron.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >