Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Sleeping with someone you work withPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have a policy about never sleeping with someone I work with although I very nearly did in a similar situation to OP, what would have made it worse was that he was married. We were staying in the same hotel for a works function and the only thing that saved me was I couldn't find his room. I have never been so glad of having a lousy sense of direction.

Slightly different, I got the whispering and I wasn't sleeping with the guy. I ended up working with someone that I'd previously had a long relationship with. We made a point of not making that public info because he was the one that recommended me for the job. I found out when he left and people thought that there was a good chance I would leave as well. As it turned out, half the people we worked with thought we were sleeping together anyway even though the had recently got engaged and they had set a wedding date lol.

I suppose I can understand to a point, we almost always stayed in the same hotel during the week and would go out for something to eat together, but to us it just seemed to be the logical thing to do.

So in my case, damned if you do, damned if you dont haha
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Sleeping with someone you work with
Posted: 5/27/2012 2:31:45 AM
Ummm...not an attractive thought for me !, i work with all guys ! hahahaha :O)
 Richard_of_York
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2012 2:49:54 PM
A relationship started from work can be okay, I think, as long as you keep work and home life separate. Sleeping with someone from work after a drunken night out can never end well if anyone finds out though.
 jaqi
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2012 10:32:17 AM
I am far from whiter than white but I don't mix business with pleasure and haven't done so for many years. I work in a very large predominantly male environment and never go out with, let alone sleep with any of them. For a while questions were bandering about the place regarding my sexual orientation! Some suspected I was in to women which was ignited by the fact that I took, my then, female dance partner to the works christmas function ... well there was a swing band playing and I knew I would want to dance all night! Made me smile for a while.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >