Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Will Capitalism Fail?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aries_328
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Get rid of the lobbyists and you have gotten rid of a big part of the problem.

I can see this but there must be a replacment. It is vital to the health of the country and the economy that business be able to have concerns addressed about production and trade and commerce. paying thousands, millions, billions of dollars to get legilation past is corruption.
 Aries_328
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/7/2012 8:19:25 PM

^^Normally, there would a second part to that....banning lawmakers and anyone who work as congressional staff from taking a job with a lobbying or any advocate firm for 4 years or more as well as lobbying congress should do it.

Not sure where normally comes from but it seems like kind not really a solid position to defend against. So you are saying a congressman can not become a lobbyist for 4 years? Or that any lobbyist can not become a congressman for 4 years? Either way is a weak position to defend and is easily defended by 'someone that is motivated in their cause'. It's ok to have someone cause driven. It's just not ok to have the cause drive everything.

I think that’s what you were saying.

If you mean that if Visa lobbied congress and they had major legislation passed then the congressman who sponsored the bill quit to work for visa... That's a different issue and is something that could be dealt with if it arises. If they do work for them then that deal would be subject to review but most likely it would be ok because one congressman no matter how influential would not be the reason the bill passed. If there term was up... they would be an asset to the company. Let it go.

Once they are gone they may have friends in high places but no matter what they do that will always be the case. That is what makes them valuable as assets.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:05:28 PM
OK, fine, yes capitalism will fail. The filthy rich will all build massive concrete bunkers sunk deep in the ground. They'll all buy and own the armies and govt's of the world. Then, in an all out quest to own all the worlds recources they'll gather their armies in a final battle.Worldwide employment will be at an all time high as these entreprenurial wild swine will need all the worlds labor to insure they get their fair share of the worlds assets before the other "capitalists" do. Nice thing is, everyone will have a job, but won't make nearly enough to support their basic needs. Since the rich now own the Govt. and make the laws there's not much short of revoloution left to change this.

The Rich, in the meantime have got their bunkers built and are now ready to start "the mother of all wars". This happened because a handful of the worlds biggest and greediest capitalists were all about equal in their ability to hog everything. So, naturally they'd fight it out like men. They'd pit their bought and paid for govt's against each other's bought and paid for armies and may the best man win. Last man standing is ruler of the world. Too bad the radioactivity fron the bombs has secluded the rich and friends to their bunkers.All outside the bunkers are dead... Sad because if they had enough money they could have reserved a bunkerspace.

Luckily ,The monied bunker folk all stocked their bunkers with the necessary supplies to see them through the coming world strife. Also in luck were a fortunate few regular people that the rich decided needed to be "saved" from the recource wars.After all, the monied need SOMEONE to make jobs for. These individuals showed the drive and determination needed to get jobs done. The rich liked the fact they did'nt complain, worked hard , did what they were told and were pretty much spineless.And, when the radiation cleared the capitalists all could agree on one thing....

These spineless, hard working dumbells were just what we needed all along. They'll make great breeding stock.... Now, start stacking block for my next pyramid you lowly Serf..So, the circle continues....
 Aries_328
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:24:30 PM
See, crooks really are on both sides of the aisle...our job should be to make it hard for them to collect the taxpayer pensions AND get a cushy corrupting job

:) Ok... where is the trick? Isn't this where you are supposed to tell me that I'm dumb and a greedy xxx or something? I'm not use to this. hahaha, I know there is an ulterior motive hiding in here somewhere. I agree with the idea but not sure if it would really be a problem. It really involves a pretty big conspiracy to pull off. But, hey... I probably wouldn't push too hard against it. I just don't think treating people like criminals is beneficial. They need a job afterwards. Even if it is a better paying job. The FCC chairman taking the job after approving a major merger... that is questionable and could (probably should have) risen to the level of inappropriate... So, there is argument against it. The problem is that there is a burden of proof that is difficult to reach. When the person leaves their official position they should not be held to the restrictions that existed while in their official position. It hurts their life afterwards without compensation. While in service they are compensated for having their position. Outside influences are fully justified in limiting and restricting while in official capacity. Outside… they are private citizens.
 want to travel
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/8/2012 8:21:00 AM
Well, the big banks are at it again!
the BBC reported (yesterday), that America's top banks are yet again in trouble
to the tune of....over half a trillion dollars!!!
they just don't have the capital to keep going....
and they are too big to fail don't cha know!

america is being told the 'enemy is in the middle east
guess again, its on a street in New York, and in the fed!
the election is a joke, global corporations are fitting the bill ,for both parties
they are buying the political process
the party's are going to do anything about the debt,but grow it, and borrow more
the fed is just going to keep printing money like crazy......
 want to travel
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/8/2012 9:00:18 AM
The world economy revolves around the America
Europe, just followed the American example
of course it is going to fail!
my country
Canada, lost a lot, helping the american banks, and industry out, in 08, and 09
our banking system was the only one in the G 8 that did not even ask for a bail out
our real estate market
was on solid ground, and did not fall apart
now
our banks are doing exactly what the US, and other countries in the world did
our economy, is not good at all, unemployment is high, two provinces are in the worst condition ever(quebec and ontario, also account for almost 2/3ds of our population)
housing prices have hit the roof, in the last 5 years, prices have tripled, or more
even in areas, that are suffering economically
so we are going to crash and burn, hard! as well
 red_fir
Msg: 182
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/8/2012 9:29:42 AM

Do you think Europe will fail?

Indubitably.

And they will break the bourgeois trying to force the Euro down the throats of the populace.
At the end of the day there is no real advantage to the populace to see it succeed.
The real advantage lies with the UN and multinational billionaires in simplicity of taxation and forcing a false insecurity on the working class.

When the dust settles no matter what monetary system is in place skilled craftsmen, will be in demand, farmers, plumbers, physicians, cooks, cleaners, woodcutters, and babysitters/homemakers, will always have a place.

The only people with real losses are the banks, the lawyers and the UN's tax on international transfers.
Mega business will have to warehouse and wait for reorganization to settle out but their only loss will be in potential income, no real loss of assets.
Small businesses trying to make the jump to multinational representation will take the brunt of the blow, and many of them will be put out of competition entirely.

If you are in debt, you will go down with the bank that holds your note, the banks will climb on the shoulders of their constituents trying to keep their heads above water.

Debt is the equivalent of serfdom in the coming (already arrived) economy.
Lack of debt is the equal to being a free tradesman in feudal times, yes the big boys can still push you around but your ability to get out of harms way is exponentially increased.
 lynyrd_hatchet
Msg: 183
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/8/2012 11:47:47 AM

If you are in debt, you will go down with the bank that holds your note, the banks will climb on the shoulders of their constituents trying to keep their heads above water.
are you saying that because I have a mortgage with a bank that if my bank gets into trouble I could be in trouble?
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/8/2012 5:41:46 PM

The housing bubble is worldwide, and basically ruined the entire world economy

Actually, no. Not sure where things have been 'ruined'. Lots food and fuel in the stores here in Canada. I was in the USA last month and had a fine time. Ever heard of China? India? Brazil? Their economies have done fine the last few years...as have Canada, Australia, etc. My two properties went up in value over the last couple years.

Some difficulties...yes. ruined? No...you need to get out of your neighborhood more often and see the 'entire world'.
 PROTON67
Msg: 185
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:50:36 PM
The type of government people develop comes from their dna. Look around the world and you will see that people with similar dna develop similar governments. Whites tend toward capitalism. Orientals tend toward communism. Blacks tend toward dictatorships. Muslims tend toward theocracies. etc etc. It answers a lot of questions, such as, why people of one race have a signifcantly greater representation of their race in countries whose laws were developed by another race. It doesn't necessarily make one better or worse than another, but it does make them significantly different.
 red_fir
Msg: 186
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:03:06 PM

are you saying that because I have a mortgage with a bank that if my bank gets into trouble I could be in trouble?

Not exactly, my comment was addressed to the impending failure of the Euro and the dissolution of the countries in collusion with it.

I'm saying if you are in debt (in that particular circumstance) and the bank fails it's highly unlikely that any sovereign nation will pick up the pieces and prop up those banks.
In that case the mortgage, makes the property the banks, until said mortgage is satisfied, and if the legal tender that was agreed upon to settle the debt becomes valueless, even if the bank does not dissolve outright the legal quagmire could take years to settle.
If your agreed tender was Euro's and the replacement currency was (new) Drachma's (or any other currency) valued at 1/10 of the euro, would your mortgage be extended ten fold, or would you be expected to make up the difference monthly/or by the end of the contract?
When the Euro breaks up the banks will be in de facto default themselves to the IMF and all bets will be off, the nations that have been propping the system up Germany et.al. will be calling for anyone's head and the least default will be adequate for foreclosure, if the bank that holds your note actually fails completely any previous contract is meaningless to whomever buys the debt, and any legal detail other than you owe is hard to enforce from your end, especially if the institution that buys your note is in another jurisdiction/country.
 laughingatliberals
Msg: 187
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/8/2012 9:59:09 PM

The type of government people develop comes from their dna. Look around the world and you will see that people with similar dna develop similar governments. Whites tend toward capitalism. Orientals tend toward communism. Blacks tend toward dictatorships. Muslims tend toward theocracies. etc etc. It answers a lot of questions, such as, why people of one race have a signifcantly greater representation of their race in countries whose laws were developed by another race. It doesn't necessarily make one better or worse than another, but it does make them significantly different.

***********************************************************************************
That must be the most misinformed nonsense I've ever read. So, are Russians Orientals? And who are Orientals, anyway? Are the Japanese communist? How about Singaporeans? Indians? Koreans? Thai? Taiwanese? Is Saudi Arabia a theocracy? United Arab Emirates? Jordan? Indonesia? Egypt? I guess having a King is no longer called a Monarchy. And are all countries in Africa dictatorships? South Africa? Hmm, was Gaddafi black?

Thinking.......I absolutely agree with every word you said. I know you'er shocked I am too.

Capitalism is not even a government it is a economic system.

What most every person wants no matter their DNA is the freedom to shape their lives as they choose. They want their government to give them the chance to do so. No matter if it is a Monarchy, Democracy a Republic or any other type.

I was very blessed to be born into a Republic that has a capitalist economy. I wish everyone had the chances I have had.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/8/2012 11:30:33 PM

It's hard to believe people actually exist that make these ^^^ kinds of 'deductions'.
The complete absence of sense is breathtaking. As is the perversion of genetics, the incomprehension regarding rational chains of cause and effect, and the corruption of the concept of 'evidence'.

Perhaps if capitalism fails it will be due to neglect of education standards.
 want to travel
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/9/2012 10:58:20 AM
"i was blessed to be born in a republic, with a capitalist system"
the key word might just be was.....!
The USA, was never perfect, but it was this planet s last best hope
(my opinion)
the few decades,have shown the systematic take over, of the republic, by special interests
namely,the globalization of capital
if someone takes a step back, and just steps back and looks at what the politicians are doing.... who and what they are representing, you will not find any real major difference between them
but you will find a lot of policies that they have in common,
the world is entering into a new type of feudalism
 OyVay...
Msg: 190
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/9/2012 11:56:47 AM
"I think the big creeps running the show are going to do the push for a world currency now."

How on earth, do you get there, from what is going on globally?

First the banks make quite a bit of money from currency swaps, currency exchanges for large corporations. Next with China manipulating their currency, do you think they would accept a universal currency for payments and debits? With all the problems we knew going in, they still went forward with the Euro, which because of different cultures and governments has brought that currency to the door of ruin. The money made alone on petro dollars would make the USA take pause before allowing it here.

The rest of what you said has merely to do with insepid GREED...what starts as a fairly good idea and practice, is then played out to the lowest common denominator by greedy people, who are charlatans!

I can agree with "Irreponsible fools", led by our regulators, our congress.
 OyVay...
Msg: 191
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/9/2012 7:59:23 PM
"The elites would love to institute a world currency"

By that, I take it you mean the most rich and powerful, when you say elite.

A rich and powerful person is so, by the nature of the economy he operates in. A German elite would be loathe to surrender his advantage in the european theatre. A russian who can buy or manipulate value, because he has the freedom to pay in gold or dollars, would be loathe to transfer that power, and get nothing in return.

Value would then simply be value, and the cost of goods and services would command different prices where ever one finds themselves, in terms of any thing.

This of course discounts the 800 pound gorilla in the room, China. Who through currency manipulation tries to slant all trade in their favor, whether export or import. Since we are acting all weak sister with them and not calling them on it. Why would THEY want such a thing to take place? The way the game is played now, they sell they win, they buy they win, it doesn't get better than that. With China making vast investments overseas, this would set the game to par and not advantage china.

Even if the dollar crashed, I'm fairly sure the powers that be, would resurrect it. Maybe on a different value format, but still the dollar. Since we currently owe China $1.1 TRILLION, suppose a world currency was set up, and they ended up with us owing them 750 billion, now how do you think that would sit with them?

No, not likely, in fact less likely with all the foreign trade now ongoing...
 matchlight
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/9/2012 8:36:18 PM
@thinkinginca:

Well, it may have been the secret reason why, but it's not going to come out because even the supreme court is in the bag for the cover up.

Are you claiming the Supreme Court of the U.S. has conspired to cover up some wrongdoing involving the invasion of Iraq? If so, what is that wrongdoing, exactly? And what evidence do you have that the justices conspired to cover it up? Or maybe this dastardly government conspiracy is just something you made up.

@BrockThunder:

Our moneymen setup the petro dollar trade for our advantage.
In fact, some say that Saddam was killed because of his plan to destroy petro dollar trade,
and I believe Gaddafi had the same idea.

Who are these "moneymen" you're talking about? The notion that Saddam Hussein had a plan to "destroy petro dollar trade"--at least one the U.S. considered serious enough to justify removing him, as these "some" supposedly say--is laughable. The U.S. had good reasons to consider Hussein a threat, and they were much more closely related to 9/11 than to oil.
 usernonymous
Msg: 193
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/10/2012 7:47:50 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/american-dream-myth-joseph-stiglitz-price-inequality-124338674.html
 lynyrd_hatchet
Msg: 194
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:30:08 AM
couldnt agree more, there is so much inequality , I say thank God for Unions or we might be even poorer
 fillyphilly
Msg: 195
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/10/2012 10:03:57 AM
Some people think unions are bad because they protect workers and end up costing more in benefits and wages. Unchecked capitalism has led to out of control greed. Why, some people just go crazy, they can't handle themselves and they end up on a list of scams and scammers and warning notices posted by the Financial Services Commission of their state or province and their license to do business yanked. I guess unchecked greed like the above example is better than unions. But some people are obsessed with money and judge themselves and other on how much money they have. Surprising and sad but true.
 matchlight
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/10/2012 11:46:24 AM

Saddam was NOT A THREAT TO THE USA. Not in any way, shape, or form . . . There is absolutely no SHRED of real evidence that Saddam was any threat whatsoever to America.

I wonder how you know that. A shouted assertion is no substitute for a reasoned argument supported by facts.

The "evidence" of WMD's was totally false, cooked up by the Office of Special Plans by the neocons.

The evidence that Iraq's military had chemical and biological agents in 2002 was strong enough to persuade the intelligence service of not only the U.S., but also of our allies. Inspections after the 1991 Gulf War had proven that Iraq had stockpiled large amounts of a number of agents, including anthrax, and it was well known it had used mustard gas and phosgene in its war with Iran.

Considering how determined Iraq was to evade fully disclosing information about its chemical and biological programs, and that it had reneged on its promises, slaughtering Shiites in the south, more than once feinting a new attack on Kuwait, and hundreds of times, year after year, harassing and firing at U.S. and British fighter patrols, it was hardly a stretch to conclude that Iraq's military had almost certainly reacquired chemical and biological weapons during the three years since Hussein had kicked out the last inspectors.

Saddam had NO connection to 9/11.

I don't remember claiming that he did. What I said was that the administration's reasons for invading Iraq had more to do with 9/11 than with oil. The repeated leftist cant about "oil wars" is the modern equivalent of the bar-stool slander, popular among an earlier generation of dopes, that DuPont maneuvered the U.S. into WWI to reap enormous profits from selling the government all that gunpowder.

This Wobbly lie was revived in "Masters of War," a melodramatic piece of tripe by Bob Dylan. It's always been a staple of communist propaganda that the rich capitalist masters, using politicians they've bought and paid for, agitate for wars in which they use the poor working man as cannon fodder. The workers of the world share a natural solidarity and yearn to live in multicultural peace and brotherhood, you see, but the evil plutocrats are always whipping up nationalist passions to set them against one another. Of course, these connivers encourage racial and religious intolerance as part of their wicked scheme. And where should the foul den of these monsters be, but that capitalist pit of all the world's evil--the United States!

That you would make such a claim now, when so much of the truth has now been revealed, makes me wonder
about your motives.

I can see that very little of that truth has been revealed to you. I recognize both your right to be poorly informed and your right to think whatever you want about my motives.
 Aries_328
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:42:29 PM
I see now that you are totally lacking in intellectual integrity.
This makes me sad.
I did present a number of facts, all of which you chose to ignore
because of your obvious agenda. You choose to defend the right, even when the right is wrong.
I feel sorry for you as a human being.
It's hard to find anyone, at this point, who honestly believes that Iraq was a good idea.

This tangent is kind of off topic but... seriously???? wth... you feel sorry for him as a human being? That’s seriously delusional self-importance and way north of arrogant.

Your opinion is your opinion and is hindsight. Conspiracy theories aside many countries participated and it was conducted for years by many countries and now you are going to stand on a pedestal and say that everyone in the world but you is a poor excuse of a human being?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

You must be correct. It is so obvious that Nancy Pelosi is one of the most hardcore neocons that we have.

Hilary also

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program.
He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

And let’s see... from the time a review by someone I actually think was a rather intelligent person
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xorR9KYsKDE

The video is more than a few seconds long but I suggest listening to all of the parts and remembering rather than claiming some access to superior knowledge that everyone but you was to foolish to see.

A bit more on topic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1xmGK8PEJw&feature=related
We have no idea how much things should cost any more. The government keeps messing with it.
 OyVay...
Msg: 198
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:46:39 PM
OMG!!!!! hahahaha!! I feel like I just stepped into an early 50's film noir special! hahahahaha!!!!

With that little vinettte of "workers of the world" nonsense of that paragaph! hahahaha!!!

You gotta be kiddin me! Really your going to base an ENTIRE war, on inspections from 1991? Or on inept intelligence that shrub and darth vadar cooked up in the white house kitchen? Hahahaha..oh gawd, I think I wet myself..that is some funny shit.

Do you have a special room you lock yourself in and use your decoder room, to think up this drivel?

Saddam didn't care about anything but Saddam. He could care less about Israel, the countries around him, or the arab cause whatever anyone wants to define it as. He was a thug, pure and simple, dating back as far as his earliest political beginnings from the post nazi era.

At least Bush Sr. had an excuse that while questionable, was legitimate. The Saudi's were cowering in their tents, figuring they were next after he invaded Kuwait. But he was SMART enough to know, displacing him would destablize the entire region, and stopped short of Baghdad.

But nnooooooo not shrub, he was determined to finish what daddy didn't do. Egged on by lord vader he went full tilt at it. So what do we have to show for the 300,000+ bodies we piled up? Well the government there is in a constant state of flux. We may have less "military" boots on the ground, but WTH knows how many mercs we have there?

Haliburton is fat and happy with 20 billion in no bid contracts, I'm sure that makes lord vader smile, AND it probably paid for him to receive his first human heart. Gawd only knows he never had one before! hahahaha!!!
 matchlight
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/10/2012 6:21:41 PM
Clearly, Saddam did not have WMD.

Including the word "clearly" does not make your assertion true. It was not clear in the least to any of the Western intelligence services that Iraq's military had not replenished its stocks of chemical and biological agents during the three years after the last international inspectors had left. Just the opposite--everything they knew indicated it very likely had.

You must be correct. It is so obvious that Nancy Pelosi is one of the most hardcore neocons that we have.

She was hardly the only one. In August, 1998, when President Clinton ordered a cruise missile strike on what purportedly was a pharmaceutical plant in Khartoum, Sudan, he specifically cited its suspected role in Iraq's chemical weapons program as the reason for the attack.

Inspections revealed nothing whatsoever.

Now you are embarrassing yourself. You claim to know all about this subject, and yet apparently you don't even know that the two UN inspection teams in Iraq after the Gulf War discovered and monitored the destruction of large amounts of poison gas, largely WWI-era agents like mustard, but also some sarin, tabun, and VX, as well thousands of pounds of anthrax culture. I thought that was common knowledge--the inspectors' official reports have been widely available for years on the Internet. If anyone wants, I can point them out.

If you don't know something that basic, I assume you also don't know that Iraq had the most advanced weaponized anthrax program in the world after the U.S. and USSR--and that after the 1972 treaty, those programs had stopped producing it.

I did present a number of facts

What you did was assert your poorly informed opinion. You continue that process with this: "In any case, he was NOT a threat to the USA at any time. We had no good reason to invade Iraq, and we did so because of the neocons."

This is easy to trace, from "Clean Break," and even Wolfowitz and Perle and Kristol speaking OPENLY in various public forums about the need to remove Saddam.

I don't know what "Clean Break" is, and I'm not going to waste time researching it. Of course those men--and many other public figures--openly advocated removing Hussein, especially after 9/11. What of it?

This is well known stuff, and to chose to blatantly ignore this well known information puts you in such total ignorance I'm not sure that you deserve to have any say at all.

You claim "inspections revealed nothing whatsoever"--which is a flat misstatement of fact--and then you condescend to tell me what is "well known stuff" and scorn what you suppose is my "total ignorance." And if you like to imagine you decide what I deserve, please keep imagining it. For my part, I think you deserve to say whatever you like about this, and I hope to hear more of what you think you know.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Will Capitalism Fail?
Posted: 6/10/2012 7:00:13 PM
Although the Iraq war thing is getting off topic ( or confused with the gas price thread-lol) but you have remember the context and the timing of remarks too.

In a January 2003 CBS poll 64% of U.S. nationals had approved of military action against Iraq, however 63% wanted Bush to find a diplomatic solution rather than go to war, and 62% believed the threat of terrorism directed against the U.S. would increase due to war.[26] The invasion of Iraq was strongly opposed by some traditional U.S. allies, including the governments of France, Germany, New Zealand, and Canada.[27][28][29] Their leaders argued that there was no evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and that invading the country was not justified in the context of UNMOVIC's 12 February 2003 report.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Will Capitalism Fail?