Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 67
Over 30 and not meeting new guysPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Message: i am 30 and the older i am getting the less of a social life i have,, i only have a couple of "real friends" and they are coupled up, and the partners friends that are single are not my cup of tea!
due to the lack of social life i have gone back to college and tried taster courses of a way to meet people but it just doesnt seem to b happening, my patience is thin for the sleezy guys and those wanting to meet and date then getting the hump because i dont wanna take them home.......... i have no idea what to try next?????
i have now been single for 2years and although i used to hate it, its the best thing i have done due to my life the last 2years being 1 i wouldnt of had if i was with somebody but i am now extreamly bored and getting lonely

Same here it's like hearing my story single for 2.5 yrs. every guy I got interested is alredy taken me and my friends go to coffee shops stores still no guy. And as for gym still all guys have those cute gf alredy I found one but he he didn't wanted to bother bc I wouldn't have sex with him. So am I really that bad or is there no guy my age left that would be interested in relationship?
 blaqueforce
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Over 30 and not meeting new guys
Posted: 12/17/2012 9:22:54 AM
The easiest way to meet be is just to be social. Be careful about placing yourself among people you're not comfortable with. If you're not a club or bar person then don't look for a man there. Join "meet up," groups in your area. Have your friends put the word out for you. Try church groups. Volunteering. Places where you may meet other like minded individuals.

Good luck!
 IowaChopps
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/17/2012 6:53:50 PM
I find that guys are more picky now. I know I have been with my dating. But as I age my social life gets better. I find there is more things to do in the community. It's easy to meet people, just not the right ones.
As far as this site I tend to attract the wrong ones. I do much better out and about. I think just board-um keeps me coming back here.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/18/2012 4:49:19 AM
The message you are replying to:
Posted By: IowaChopps on 12/17/2012 950 PM
Subject: Over 30 and not meeting new guys
Message: I find that guys are more picky now. I know I have been with my dating. But as I age my social life gets better. I find there is more things to do in the community. It's easy to meet people, just not the right ones.
As far as this site I tend to attract the wrong ones. I do much better out and about. I think just board-um keeps me coming back here.

My point exactly u say that u come here out of Bordem no wonder then lot of us can't find no one with Atitude like that u shouldn't be her this is not I have nothing to do game u can't hurt someone's feeling this are real ppl we talking about. And u saying u attract wrong ppl try taking it seriously for a change and u will attract better ones who are here for RIGHT REASONS. Wow men on here just keep amazing me. Wow
 _Winter_Goddess_
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/18/2012 3:13:46 PM
You're entitled to your preferences! I wouldn't want to date a man under 5'11 and it's never been a problem for me =)
 PG79
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2012 9:05:49 PM
Well put a picture up for starters.Show us guys who you are.Don't be so set in what you want.Looks are important so don't change that. But over look some things like a bald guy or chubby guy.Chubby is not fat it fluffy.No I'm not chubby or fat just saying.Try new bars it's done some good for me.Go by your self sit at the bar and guy will talk to you.Simple
 usernametaken00
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/21/2012 7:47:20 AM
FunkyMonkee

This is horrible advice; not that she would take advice from someone calling themselves FunkyMonkee anyway...but geese get a grip on yourself. I mean "sexual machine???" How ridiculous!
 _Winter_Goddess_
Msg: 76
Posted: 12/21/2012 9:58:26 AM
{means you're putting less emphasis on finding someone decent}
Not in the least. Why not find someone decent who you're also attracted to? People generally cannot control what they're attracted to and they're entitled to their preference (as are you). I just started dating a very decent guy who also happens to be tall...so it's a win =))

What would be "stupid" is dating someone that you're really not attracted to and trying to force yourself to be.

Good luck =)
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:40:02 AM
[Quote]The problem lies with the fact that men can't have this same mentality. If a man says he wants such and such in a women he's called a pig and an a-hole, but when a woman says it it's her preference.

THIS!!!! Over and over again this. Pig, a-hole, elitist. Pick a term and use accordingly.
 _WinterGoddess_
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:54:04 AM
I would never consider a man or woman a pig (or anything else) for having their preferences as people cannot control who/what they're attracted to. I would respect them as they should respect mine. Everyone is entitled& to go after what they're attracted to and that's what they should do.

Good luck!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:55:44 AM

The problem lies with the fact that men can't have this same mentality. If a man says he wants such and such in a women he's called a pig and an a-hole, but when a woman says it it's her preference.

THIS!!!! Over and over again this. Pig, a-hole, elitist. Pick a term and use accordingly.

Actually, people are attracted to what they are attracted to, male or female - neither should be expected to change that if they are OK with the results they get. If someone has to date to the point where they have no patience to meet anyone, then I guess they can go ahead and consider those they normally wouldn't.

Unless you like people to date you out of pity or to kill time, why would you want anyone who doesn't prefer your type to consider you?
 _WinterGoddess_
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/14/2013 10:01:51 AM
^^^{People are attracted to what they're attracted to, male or female}
Exactly. My preference is to date those I'm attracted to, plain& simple.

It's like some guys think we have an on/off switch for attraction. "Oh, she's just -------- because she doesn't give me a chance..." Lol. We are just not feeling it, not something that can be controlled or forced.
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/14/2013 10:12:25 AM
Ah. But you both missed my point totally - if I take that same position, I am a pig, I expect a Barbie doll, I am an a-hole/jerk/other derogatory term. It's an unfair double standard that exists. That's what I am trying to say.

In no way am I so desperate that I would abandon my standards. I have plenty of other and in most cases better things to do than date "just anyone" anyhow.
 _WinterGoddess_
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/14/2013 10:32:13 AM
^^^No one missed your point, lol. Like I said, I would never call anyone (male or female) a pig or anything else for having preferences. Meaning, yes if you prefer a barbie type, I respect that and would not think anything negative about it.
I understand that some people (women) might call you that if they're feeling slighted because of it (I know what you're saying) but that's their issue, not yours.

There IS a double standard, I hear ya. Don't worry about it! People who don't fit others preferences are always going to be bitter about it. Yes, it's unfair. Like I said, that's THEIR issue.

I agree, no one should abandon their standards!

Cheers!
 Cheskat37
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/14/2013 6:07:20 PM
It's hard to meet guys after 30... most of us have a full time job and kids.. I try not to be too picky like I was when I was 20 something. Two things I'm firm on is must have common interests and not work at the same place as me.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/15/2013 9:08:55 AM

Any advice on how to meet guys when you are in your early thirties and your friends have settled down? I am constantly busy and out enjoying myself and occupied with hobbies etc...but I am still not meeting anyone? Advice!!

I heard this thing called "online" works for some. :) Try the two main free sites (this one being one of them), as well as a couple pay ones. Check it out from time to time, and don't be "uber-picky" because it's "online".

You can also check out more classy bar scenes where men of "your type" tend to hang out. Make sure you're demeanor & body language is open and inviting and you make eye contact with guys you find attractive, and not sit in a corner booth with a gal-pal wrapped in intense conversation.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >