Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Onyxbutterflies90
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?Page 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
POF is a tool, not a magical wand. If you only contact people who find you unattractive, then you won't get any dates. The fact you find people attractive that find you unattractive isn't POFs fault. All it could do was give me a medium to meet men I wouldn't meet in real life.
 Maleman999
Msg: 178
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?
Posted: 11/19/2014 9:50:26 AM
"POF is a tool..."

I better check my toolbox for another tool that might work better or sharpen the blade on the tool that I'm using. I wonder if using power tools would help.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/20/2014 1:19:39 AM
^^^^ I'll regret this later, but post a picture wearing your tool belt. That might help.
 melissa0607
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2014 12:37:33 PM
I have been meaning to pop on here and give an update on my situation for quite some time. This thread seems like the perfect opportunity.

I an engaged to someone that I met on POF. Christmas will be a year that we have been engaged. We have had ups and downs but I wouldn't trade him for the world. It is probably the best relationship I have ever been in. The funny thing is that when we first started emailing, I decided that I wasn't into it, I blew him off for about a week and then thought about it and got back in touch with him. Then he backed off. Then we finally talked a bunch on the phone and he was scared to meet me. I was the first (and as it turns out, the last) person that he met online. Then when it was really time to meet he sent me an email saying that we should just be friends and that he wasn't ready for a relationship. We talked a few days later and went back to talking everyday. Finally met a month after we started talking on the phone and have been pretty much inseparable since.

It blows my mind that after all the times one of us almost called it quits that he's the one I am going to marry. Makes for a cute story though. :)

Best advice, keep an open mind. You never know what's going to be until it is. Happy fishing to all of you.
 Iam_RFSF2014
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/20/2014 12:41:17 PM
^^ Congratulations Melissa0607

Nice story in general and also to illustrate that although there are 'best practices' (related to OLD) that people may want to follow, things can (and do) work out even if you don't follow the prescribed path.

It sounds like you both had doubts and a bit of back and forth, but keeping an open mind won the day!
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2014 4:32:19 PM
A few, yes.

Messages this short may not be posted, though!
 QT4one
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/20/2014 6:24:39 PM
I have to say for the most part NO I have been on here on/off for 4 yrs. It's the good, the bad and the ugly. I have made a few male friends that I still talk to. We had a few dates, no chemistry but good conversations.
 Yamanu
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/22/2014 12:12:05 PM
I've had the same with moving to real life and a man becomes a poofer.

Likewise, I haven't been able to meet or something doesn't feel right and it seems wise to not meet.

Sometimes poofing or disappearing is easier than saying something negative and both are rotten...honesty sure is best.
 Maleman999
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/22/2014 12:26:58 PM
There's a part 2 to the question: How many have found a good relationship with someone from POF and deleted their profiles from POF and all other dating sites they were signed on to? This wouldn't be able to be answered if someone deleted their profile, so let's change the question to: Why would you want to keep a profile on any dating site if you're in a relationship?
 mike11091
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/22/2014 12:50:27 PM

Why would you want to keep a profile on any dating site if you're in a relationship?

When I met my LTR from POF, neither one of us bothered to delete our profiles. Not because we thought it wouldn't last. Just...never thought about it. I never cared if she had hers still up or not and, since it's purpose was fulfilled, just forgot about mine.

Lady I'm dating now likes to read the forums with me...so...
 daynadaze
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2014 1:43:18 PM
Why would I want to keep a profile up on a dating site if I'm in a relationship? I have no idea how many dating sites I might still be on, I don't use them anymore, wouldn't have the slightest idea what my username was on any of them much less my password and I don't have any clue as to if they are even still there. Not that I'm in a relationship now, but if I were to be in one, as long as POF has the forums, I'll still come here and read them and comment on things that interest me. As I've said many times, I'm perfectly able to not cheat, to not flirt, to not be in a situation where cheating could somehow sweep me off my feet. If that doesn't work for someone I might want to date, then I understand, we all have deal breakers, but yes, I will be here on POF not messing around, I like the forums. If I did stop coming here, I still probably would not take down my profile, to each his own. You can believe what you want, I know what I'm doing...and not doing.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?