Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FunnyGirly1
Msg: 26
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I met someone on here it lasted over 5 years. And for my health and safety I had to walk out of his house.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 27
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:22:04 AM

I have had many personal horror stories, disappointments etc on POF

Ok your turn. Let's hear some of those apocryphal tales from the crypt of supposed anonymity from behind the blank curtain..
 Archangel_07
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:33:52 AM
I met my ex on pof and we had a good run for 6 months and we both ended it because of incompatibilities and long distance.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:40:10 AM
POF offers people..never guarantees..you the opportunity to meet a large number of people, easily from your home, for you to talk to, get to know, possibly date.

It is not POF that chooses poorly, people do.
It is not POF that has relationship/sexual/financial problems, people do.

How you use POF, who you choose to meet, how you conduct yourself up to and through that process, is totally and fully up to the individual.

There is a place here on POF where they post success stories, I don't recall where it is at, but yes..many people have meet the loves of their life on here.

I have met, had coffee with, remain friends with 2-3 women. I have also met and not progressed past a quick coffee meet and greet a few as well.

Again, it is totally up to YOU.
 Sticks70
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:01:13 AM
I have been on and off here for about a year, no real horror stories to share thank goodness. One disappointment yes, but that had to do with timing and not the individual.

I have met some really fantastic people but obviously not the 'one' yet. I remain optimistic that I will connect with the right man for me, either online or in real life.

My good friend met her partner here over a year ago. They are still going strong and head over heels for each other.
She was only online for about 2 weeks when they met. It is all about timing and luck.
 Capn_America
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:12:48 AM
I can't wait to share some horror stories with everyone, as soon as it happens; I can picture the girl telling people on here how I masterfully charmed her, convinced her to follow me into my Den of Iniquity and proceeded to consentually rape her all night, and how she had a the same lined up for the coming week...
Oh, the horror, the HORROR....
 forums1
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/31/2012 8:44:11 AM

I'd like to know if anyone has had SUCCESS with someone they've met on POF?

I guess that depends on what you think is being successful?

Gone on some "good" dates with people that weren't "personal horror stories" or major disappointments? Yeah.

Dating/in-a-relationship with any of them still? Uh, well, so far not really other than friends.
Is that a 'success'? Guess that depends on your point of view of what constitutes 'success'.
 4ms4me
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 9:13:42 AM
Yup, most of the people I met were decent people even if they weren't "the one". Had a few bad encounters, but those were by far the minority.

I met someone 3 years ago, and we're still together - even through some tough times that would have broken up other couples.

My advice? Stop expecting/hoping each new contact will be the one you're looking for. Accept who they are, good bad or ugly; that doesn't mean you have to accept *them*, just accept that is who they are, and move on without indulging in disappointment, anger, etc. I had to learn that lesson in the first few months I was on POF, else I'd have been another one posting on here about how everybody I was meeting wasn't who I wanted them to be.
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/31/2012 9:29:23 AM
I wish I could say that I've met a fantastic person on POF, but I cannot boast that I have. The men in my area.....and its a large area are very negative, boring and some are just plain rude. I would rather be with someone who doesn't hold grudges from their past and has decided to swipe their past under their foot in regards to their previous relationships, we all must grow up one day.
 OzzGirl22
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/31/2012 9:58:13 AM
Yes it is possible!
No secret.....it took me three years and dozens of meets to find my love. I was going to give it up when I decided to go on one last meet. Both of us had no expectations and ended up with fire works. <3

I do have my share of 'interesting' meets.......
 Pingshooter
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:22:58 AM

i have tried to talk to a lady on here but she was so rude and agressive she blamed me for chasing her i sometimes think women dont know what they want on here

Obviously, you didn't get the idea, and attempted more than once. She wasn't interested, or to dayum crazy for you to bother with.

Again..YOUR CHOICE IN THE MATTER..don't complain about it, if you ask more than once and continue to get turned down, k?
 Pingshooter
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:26:34 AM
Maybe to the beach with my Micro and Molecluar {hope builds...} Biology books {dayum..was hoping it was a bikini she was referring to!} and just read them. Who knows my man might meet me that way.

Why can't their (throw in an English book, k?) be men that looks like the user up above "serenesenses".

I guess because he is a younger man. :(

May I suggest the bikini route? :)
 forums1
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:42:12 AM

i have tried to talk to a lady on here but she was so rude and agressive she blamed me for chasing her i sometimes think women dont know what they want on here

Obviously, you didn't get the idea, and attempted more than once. She wasn't interested, or to dayum crazy for you to bother with.

Again..YOUR CHOICE IN THE MATTER..don't complain about it, if you ask more than once and continue to get turned down, k?

The first time you run headfirst into a brick wall you didn't know was there, is an accident.
When you *continue* to slam your head into the brick wall over and over, after you know its there... it isn't anyone's fault but your own.
 goddesstdf
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 3:06:08 PM
Yes , quite a few.
Success, in that I have met some good people on here, that I have been able to have fun times with, and remained friends with.
Love, kindness, and friendship can usually be fostered if the given the right perspective.
 Jalexs65M
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:27:21 PM
How do you define a good relationship? Actually . . . how do you define relationship?! Since you reply to all messages, you are in a great minority.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 4:46:29 PM
Yeppers... just offered him a 5 yr extension on the contract. **grins**

Quite a few people meet here and have successful relationships - most of them go away so there aren't many of us left hangin' around to tell you about the success stories... just me and and my fellow forum addicts.
 crashnational
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/31/2012 5:15:58 PM
Met a couple of my exes and my current girlfriend on here. We've been together almost a year now.
 christyis4real
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/31/2012 5:59:09 PM
Met my ex bf off here. We were together for 2 years. Shouldn't have moved in with him.....it went downhill after that.

Latest "man friend" I met off here as well...nothing but heartache.

There are good men/women here. Just have to weed through all the crazies and fakes
 adora71
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/31/2012 9:12:05 PM
There was this great thread I saw a few months ago and it was started in the early 2000's. Anyway, it was this woman in a new relationship with some guy with commitment issues--maybe there was relocation involved--I can't remember the details. Anyways, there were the usual forum posts offering a wide variety of advice.
The cool thing about it is that it was updated. She married the guy and they had been happily living together for many years. She had gotten a new user name to access the forums, but it was clearly the same lady from the picture. So maybe, like someone else said, we don't hear about the "happily ever after endings" because they leave POF.
I haven't met a keeper yet, but I have come close. Lots of nice guys on here.
And Cap'n, you are great! Somebody will figure it out eventually.
 Dare to
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/31/2012 10:17:30 PM
Yep... Met him here 5 and a half years ago married him just over a year ago.

Advice... Meet lots of people but don't go into a meet with the expectation that they are "the one", just enjoy it and see if anything evolves.

Also... Don't become a whining, negative ass complaining that "they" (the other sex) don't know what they want, or some other bullsh1t line just because they may not be interested in you. Surprisingly enough a lot of people think that everyone they contact should be falling all over themselves to be with them...
 greatheartgal
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:38:10 PM
Yes I am having a beautiful successful relationship on POF. The secret keep getting out there contacting and communicating. I am extremely happy, took a chance and found love! I have never been happier. Don't quit or become decouraged the right one will find you. Be yourself and be truthful about what your looking for. Have fun and be optimistic. Thankyou POF for this opportunity. Greatheartgal
 femaleconnection
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:49:05 PM
I'm in my second relationship thanks to POF.

Like the lottery, you cant win if you dont play. And like the lottery...dont count on it for your retirement, keep doing other things...but buy a ticket once in awhile, you just never know!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2012 1:17:34 PM
I met a great guy on this site in December 2011. He is a snowbird and has returned north for the summer. I am a full time Fla resident. We have maintained close contact via Skype. I am planning a 10 day visit in the next few days. All is good for now. !!!
 AndrewCD
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/4/2012 9:22:24 PM
Not on POF. A few dates here and there but never lasted long. The women I've dated after meeting on POF have been immature, unemployed, or had no ambition in life.

I did have two long term relationships with women from another site. One cheated on me after a few years and I ended it and the other we just weren't a good match (lifestyles, goals, etc.) and broke it off before we hit a year together. Most of the women in my social circle are either with someone already or just not a good match so far as maturity, career, lifestyle or goals so I had hoped to meet someone different online after a friend had good luck with a long term relationship online and recommended I try it. Turns out he was just using the site to get laid and wasn't all that serious, which unfortunately seems to be what most people are on POF for.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 10:33:33 PM
In answering your titled question, skipping all your details and rambling, my answer to your title question is NO.
It could be possible, but it has not happened yet. I have been on POF for 6 years and I have never had a relationship with anyone from this site that I have met. There was one man, I would have considered, a real relationship with, but I have never heard from him after the first meeting. That man even said that "I look better in person than in my pictures", but I have never heard from him again. He said that he "can not afford to travel 60 some miles to see anyone". He prefers to stay home and jerk off and send pictures of his solitary event. He refused sex with me, because, he "was not ready". The truth is he jerked off before getting here. He confessed to this. Alot of men jerk off before the first meeting, I have been told, because they don't and should not expect sex on the first meeting. With this man, and only this man, I would have, had sex on the first meeting and have a real relationship with. He prefers to jerk off, because "it cost too much to travel to see anyone". He deleted his account here.
That is my experience here.
I am sorry to have rambled on about this. This dating scene is so very frustrating.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?