Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 turnitupman
Msg: 51
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I met one ex through here a little over a year and a half ago. Things didn't work out and it didn't end on great terms, but I wouldn't say it was a "bad" relationship, just a horribly incompatible one lol. It was fun while it lasted though
 Casper66
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?
Posted: 6/5/2012 12:14:16 AM
The site has been mixed for me, I've met some great guys, a few have turned into relationships but due to circumstances had to break it off over time, I would not have met these wonderful gentlemen if I hadn't been on POF, some I still chat with on a regular basis but distance has made a relationship difficult to maintain. The down side is having to weed thru the dishonest ones who say they are looking for a relationship then find out they are married or only looking for a booty call but that happens IRL too, so overall I would say POF has been a positive experience, still hoping to met my partner in crime.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/5/2012 12:28:11 AM

He refused sex with me, because, he "was not ready". The truth is he jerked off before getting here. He confessed to this. Alot of men jerk off before the first meeting, I have been told, because they don't and should not expect sex on the first meeting. With this man, and only this man, I would have, had sex on the first meeting and have a real relationship with.

What the hell?? Not only is the whole story crazy, but you're telling me this fool couldn't get it up because he masturbated before meeting up with you?

That's pitiful.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/5/2012 11:28:48 AM
I met a couple guys from here that I still talk to, but, no serious relationships. Which is what I am looking for. I'm glad I met them though. I've been gone a few years, just came back on and I've met one guy, he's nice and we've hung out, but it's not going to be anything serious. So I really haven't found anyone who is what I'm here looking for.
 J_bird61
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/5/2012 6:32:54 PM
No, I haven't.
Gave up, took my profile down.

Course if I had, I'da deleted it altogether and wouldn't be answering all these fun questions.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/5/2012 8:09:45 PM
I had two relationships that were good. Until they weren't.

Maybe when I recover from the last one and start looking again there might be a third one.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2012 8:18:04 PM

He prefers to stay home and jerk off and send pictures of his solitary event. The truth is he jerked off before getting here. Alot of men jerk off before the first meeting, He prefers to jerk off, because "it cost too much to travel to see anyone".

i love this poster. i wish she posted as much as she used to. excuse me, i have to go spend some time in the bathroom now.
 WhiteDoveD53
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/5/2012 9:43:31 PM
I met my last boyfriend on here...was with him for two years...it just didnt work out...
I am seeing someone now again from here...hoping to delete my profile soon enough...
I am in my 50s and its a better way to met men instead of bars...Times have changed
since I was younger for dating...I enjoy a new relationship...its exciting and fun....
I have also had some disappointments and some horror stories but I am positive and
look at the good in everything...Everything happens for a reason...
Good luck to you...dont give up...you will find a charming caring man...just like me!!!
Cheers!!
 nightowl2004
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:08:19 PM
No. I was on 3 meets, but not my types......physically. One was too short, another was nerdy-looking, the last was super skinny. No secret. No hints. Just keep fishin'.
 HappyLibra70
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:44:25 PM
Not me, but my daughter met her now husband four years ago, they got married two years after and now they have a little princess. It may not happen to all, yet it works for some.

I have never dated anyone from this site, not because I have not had any offers, but rather because I don't date period.
 SilverLight
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:45:26 PM
I've never had a relationship spring from ANY online site. Only one shot dates and men looking to get laid as fast as possible.
 JURNI
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/10/2012 3:19:12 PM
It's hard to find a gd relationship. The guys I've met say what's on their mind and not what's in their HEART.
 Rob3444
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/10/2012 3:33:53 PM

I just got an email from a guy who i didnt feel comfortable giving my phone number too after 3 messages I told him. his response was : Girl look at me and look at you do you think I need to be pushy with girls? I blocked him after that but it made me feel 2 feet tall. I dont thinkt here are good men on this site at all

He was so out of line, he shouldn't make you feel small, it's not your fault guys like this are out there. You can't really believe this is the norm can you? I would imagine this kind of thing is rare. Or is it common with females? Pretty creepy place to be swimming if this is normal. If you don't think that there are any good men out here in the POF water I would argue that like everywhere there are lots of them. Being on the forums must tell you that alone.
 yesreallyitsme
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:29:44 PM
I haven't read this thread yet but I bet the consensus is no. I would assume that if one finds a great relationship here that they are for the most part not here any more so your answers will all be coming from the people still looking that have not had real success yet. On the other hand I am very successful here on pof because I am here just for the forums and even wrote my profile to that effect. So yes I am having real success here. The rest of the fish still here, probably not so much.

I am going to go back and read this thread now and see if I even got close with my guess.
 Rob3444
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:42:10 PM
Using other sites I have had two marriages and several dates. That's pretty successful. The deep love however started differently other marriage and common law were real life. Long ago people just fell in love with people they spent a lot of time with, but dating is quicker and what else can you do? I'm not a joiner and a bit of a loner so where else to get dates?
I tried hitting on customers but that wasn't good for business because of the awkwardness after.
 rocktman1973
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/10/2012 5:43:39 PM
I've had 3 actually. Back in 2005, I dated a woman for a year. We mutually went our separate ways after that. Then I met someone wonderful shortly after and dated for 2 years. She kept a secret from me for a while, then eventually let the cat out of the bag. She was a Jehovah's Witness. Personally, it didn't bother me, but after trying to convert me to something I didn't believe in, we broke up and she moved out of town. Just last year (April), I met someone on here, but never dated. To this day, we still hang out as friends. Things never went serious between us, but still hang out occasionally.
 2manychoices
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/29/2012 12:28:41 PM
Good point, wish I had thought of it!
 barky bark
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/29/2012 12:41:43 PM
I met a woman a couple of years ago. We dated briefly but decided to keep it on a friendship basis only.
 NVMinerMan
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/29/2012 12:52:57 PM

If by "successful relationship" you mean dealing with a bunch of nut-jobs with emotional issues, dependency issues, substance abuse problems, anger issues and sexual deviants then by golly, the answer is yes. LMAO!

lady stop hogging the good ones

dayum the day u meet a normal guy u wont know what to do
 Sirenbliss
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/29/2012 1:17:20 PM
Nope; I've found some great sex, lol; and some fun dating partners, but definately noone who ended up being a life time partner.
Perhaps POF is just too limited for what I'm looking for.

The men I dated all wanted barbie dolls with lots of money.

I'm attractive but 229 pds, and I have an income but am far from rich.

So, I guess I keep falling through the cracks.

Just saying.
Trying to work on my weight, and 4 classes shy of my BA but still feel like I'm not what they want. Men want me to have an expensive car and my own house and alot of money in the bank. GOOD LUCK in this economy.
Yes, I'm bitter. 46 and have given up. I pop in on here just for a laugh --- and to see if a miracle might happen, but it hasnt happened yet.
 FairlyAlright
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/29/2012 1:50:11 PM

I'd like to know if anyone has had SUCCESS with someone they've met on POF?

I've had a handful of POF relationships over the last four years, including one that lasted 2.5 years. Overall, my experiences have been quite positive.

I have no secrets to share. My approach has been to keep an open mind, be forthright, and represent myself as accurately as possible. Whatever the effect on the number of first dates I get, it has paid off in a high success rate with those that I've gotten.

I hasten to point out that I don't like to consider strategy too much - this shouldn't be a contest.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/29/2012 2:32:38 PM
If I haven't had any success on finding that life time partner I can't blame it on POF.

POF is certainly providing plenty of fish.
 happy_in_pink
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/29/2012 3:12:05 PM
I dated someone I met in here for 5 years we were engaged. We broke up at Christmas.

I put a profile up for a girl friend she meet a great guy. She has been dating him for 4 years they are engaged.

I sold a woman a house and told her to come on POF, she met a great guy and they have been together for 2 years.

Never ever give up hope. Law of attraction, think positive thoughts, think about what you want.

I have met a lot of nice people in here. I have a few treasured friends from POF.

Pof is great, it's a wonderful place to make friends.

Live each and every day as if it were your last, because it very well could be.

Happy Hunting, and Good Luck and a Big Hug
 happy_in_pink
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/29/2012 3:13:05 PM
SilverLight

You are a beautiful lady. Some great guy is going to contact you soon.
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/29/2012 3:18:36 PM

I have had many personal horror stories, disappointments etc on POF

I'd like to know if anyone has had SUCCESS with someone they've met on POF?

If so, what is your secret? Any hints you'd care to share?

Any disappointments I've had dating from this site or in real life have been based on my own expectations of others.
Any success I have had from dating from this site or in real life have been based on my expectations of myself.

My secret is finding my own blame/responsibility. I'm usually a lot more understanding and forgiving when I make the mistake or fail to meet my expectations.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?