Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 76
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
My experiences are mixed. While in another site that I will not mention, I can still get three dates a week. Here I would be talking to a person forever and not get a date.

What I have noticed is that in the other site, women seem to want to meet you. They are not wishy-washy, they probably either made an investment and want results, or they had their free month and want to be able to find someone that quickly. My ex of about 3 and a half years, was one of those.

Also, the women that I have eventually have met through here, some had tremendous psychological issues, drug use, physical abuse and so forth. That does not mean that that is the people that come here, but since it attracts a broader segment of the population, you are going to get all types.

So, I like this place for the forums and the awesome people that frequent them. But quite frankly I do not expect much of it as far as dating.
 PlayaOnWords
Msg: 77
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?
Posted: 6/29/2012 10:09:02 PM
Finally! A couple of posters (ChancesRMD, and AnEvilGenius1) get it: It doesn't matter where or how you Met, it's what happens After that that determines how successful (or not) the relationship is.

Personally, I've met a handful of lovers/friends on PoF, over the years (one of whom is still my good friend)--and then a woman I had a 3 1/2-year relationship with. Since I'm still smarting from that, it doesn't feel like a "success"--but perhaps it qualifies.
 tfifty
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2012 10:01:08 AM
Yes, I know of at least one engagement and 2 that have decided to live together (only because both couples have had enough of marraige.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/30/2012 10:33:02 AM
They took the success stories down. Why did they do that???
 Lovemae4
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/30/2012 12:51:36 PM
Every guy i meet on here just wants to have sex.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/30/2012 4:45:51 PM
Why would a woman have to come on a dating site to get laid? I always wonder that.... NOW dont get me wrong I get we have moments when we will dont feel a need to know this man beyond this moment. BUT he looks like THOR..... Who wants to get in a deep emotional conversation with Thor... BABY take your clothes off and let's get this party stated. But all the rest of the population best have a beautiful personality to make up for that body.
 flyboyfreddy3
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/30/2012 6:08:29 PM
Yes, most of my dates are somewhat disappointing !! Although, Being positive & open minded, I continue to fish seeking the next possibility....If you don.t test the water, well you just might get left behind.

I have have many nice dates but they did not like where I lived, did not want to share the distance or costs....
every woman I have dated was a lush, wanted to get drunk at the restaurant or just seeking a free meal.

That is why I reccommend the POF outings. Meet up at the POF dances or get togethers & if you don't see someone you are attracted to, go home without any drama.

Good Luck to you my Dear
 SilverLight
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/30/2012 6:15:04 PM
Never. And probably for the same reasons alot of people will list. Found out people were lying about stuff, had herpes, couldn't be faithful, etc.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/30/2012 6:19:51 PM
I have dated a couple for what I would consider a long period of time.

But, the concept of meeting someone via a photo and some text they compose has it's limitations. My best results have always been in real life, and what I would recommend to anyone looking for love.
 1 GD FISHLADY
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2012 7:04:24 PM
The first man that I met on here years ago, is still my very best friend!
 luvspjs
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/1/2012 10:08:07 AM
my friend met her now fiance off pof. and I signed her up on it!
 ro1970
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/1/2012 10:10:35 AM

I'd like to know if anyone has had SUCCESS with someone they've met on POF?

Nope....not here.

as a result of all the shit out here in the dating pond I have basically packed up my tent and called it a day.

I am only looking for friends and nothing more at this point.
 Angelkis1
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2012 1:30:00 AM
I am here a short time and met a few nice Gentlemen. I will see how it all goes, not desperate, so not in ahurry. If I get involved he has to be nice and one to one, if not will continue FLIRTING ! I would think one can make a few nice friends, these men seem to be easy to talk to, some not persistent enough. You are Pretty , so you should be in demand, lo lo hav fun.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/3/2012 1:36:32 AM
Plenty of friends...Yes, I have met maybe 100 acquaintances, and 4 solid friends...wait is that what this site is for,lol...
 pinkrose38
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/3/2012 5:40:24 AM
I met a fellow on here I had met before , on another dating site..and we had one date . then a year later I saw him on this site.. We decided to try again and it was the worse relatioship I have ever been in.. It started out good, but ended terrible.. I don't blame POF because here I am again with high hopes.. it is the people and not the site.. Sometimes we make wrong choices , but we learn from it and I think that there is someone out there for me and I will wait.. POF is a good site and I am real happy to be here..Don't lose hope.. It'll happen when it happens..
 purfectmeow
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/3/2012 7:09:59 AM
May everyone on this site be blessed with the happiness they seek in a partnership :)
I really enjoy hearing the successes~ especially posters that have been here a while!
 WildDNA
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/3/2012 3:27:08 PM
I'm a very social person to begin with so every man I have met on here (in person) I have kept in touch with, met for coffee, chatted and or became friends. That's after a long period of talking back and forth, on the phone, texting or email. Any man that can stand talking to me for what seems like forever, be it online or other and patiently waits until I can meet him is a saint. On average it's a years wait... not that I want it that way it just so happens to turn out that way. But once we do meet it's like we've known each other forever lol.

The ones that are looking for just sex never get the chance to meet.
 ChocoMamicita123
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/7/2012 10:12:45 AM

This is not POF's fault.. this is people in general.

I personally have not made anything more than friends... but every now and then you see success

yeah i agree but I think people are more shallow on pof than they are in person.
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/7/2012 10:48:36 AM
NO I have not had ANY relationship with anyone from POF..can't even get the wishy-washy San Diego men to commit to a darn 'meet and greet'...LOL

Off to go sailing...have fun fishies!
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/7/2012 10:49:12 AM
ChocoMamicita: you hit the nail on the head..shallow...men and women alike.
 ohenryx
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 11:58:41 AM
Yes, I have had several good relationships from POF. I have had a really large number of "meet and greets", most of which led nowhere, but I have also had a few good relationships. None have lasted as long as I would wish, but there are a lot of good people out there, and dating can be a lot of fun while you're looking for the right one.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/7/2012 12:05:59 PM

Help | Retrieve My Password | Contact Us | Advertising | Delete Account | Press | Love Stories

If you click on the HELP button........you will see Love Stories on the far right hand side.

Thank Caut
It is great to see there are people still marrying after meeting on this site.
 Cici7777
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/7/2012 12:23:44 PM
Yes! After a year of being on here I was ready to give up but I have finally met the man of my dreams! I had a lot of bad dates, met some weirdos and boy could I tell you some stories! But i met someone now who is beyond my expectations and absolutely cherishes me! I didn't think it was possible! Honestly you just have to meet the right one there ARE good people out there still! POF is only the vehicle to meet them and cannot be blamed for the quality of people or lack thereof......I believe it just takes time to find the right one but like anything in life if you want it bad enough and keep praying it will happen so have faith.

I seriously cried a lot of tears over bad dating experiences and was ready to give up.....now I have found someone who means the world to me and who I can trust with my heart.
 Cici7777
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/7/2012 12:35:38 PM
Hello me again. I forgot to mention that the first guy I ever met on POF is now a lifelong friend of mine. Our romantic relationship did not work out due to distance but we kept in touch as friends only. He is now in a relationship and so am I. We are both happy and I am so thankful to pof for having met him. He is a great friend I am so happy to know him and never would have met him had it not been for pof!

In addition I met a girl on here, no I am not a lesbian we met on the forums, snd now we talk everyday, give each other advice and support and I am certain we will be lifelong friends too...

This was all made possible by pof. I have a lot to thank pof for...
 DallasSBF
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/7/2012 3:36:35 PM

nope also haha met 8 now saw one 3 times but he was still looking at pof ,, then when i asked why,, im a bunny boiler x

I dont know about boiled but bunny tastes great fried. >:-D
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?