Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 101
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
forget a relationship... I haven't even met someone that's worth a second date.

But I've been pretty successful at meeting some of the worst excuses for people ever. Just, terrible...
 cemab4yfun
Msg: 102
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:48:04 AM
I have met some real quality people. No one disgusting or gross. I guess I am lucky. I have met a real lady, last week. On our first date, she was kind and gentle. Real class. I am deeply impressed. Maybe our relationship will be excellent.
 amore01
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/8/2012 10:37:45 AM
and my answer is still no.
 privat33r
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 10:46:12 AM
I've had nothing but good things here. Two amazing girls contacted me 2 months after I joined. One was a local near my age, but infinitely hotter. 2nd just emigrated back from London, 20+ years younger- celebrity in the emerging market/banking world. I met another younger from a few blocks away. 420 enabled, chatroulette nutball, did stuff with plastic sheep- she moved on: lived like a squirrel in an unheated basment, hated my cheap shoes, cheap ways and cheap attitude.

Only dated one, but like gas-tanks for a car. Simpler mechanics with one.
 privat33r
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 6:32:33 PM
The only reason I posted was to find why Amore's answer was still "No". Does anyone know?
 DayOff61
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/9/2012 6:41:33 PM
What I don`t understand is people are on here to meet people. I send out messages to women and alot don`t even respond at all! I think if someone takes the time to show interest in you. That you should at least give them the common courtesy to reply with something. There are so many women on here that think thier s--t don`t stink! It kills me how these women are on here to meet someone and they snuff people! J.D.
 Jayne0927
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 6:56:46 PM
I am 0 for 16. Most of the guys are very flawed in some ways. I am not perfect, but I know how to make a man feel wanted and cared for. I met someone three weeks ago. From the first night we began phone conversations that would last anywhere from 3 - 6 hrs. Crazy, I know, but we shared so many things, past experiences (marriages), kids, our expectations, etc. He had a keen sense of humor and was very intelligent. That I loved.

By the second week he told me he loved me, wanted me to meet his family and friends, etc. DANGER! But I fell for it and loved him too. We shared sooo many things in common. So so many things. His humor was superlative. We laughed and laughed. Though I still had my reservations.

We met and had a great evening together, dinner, etc. and spent the night together at his home. Very smooth and romantic and just so right. We spooned all night and it was just perfect. Didn't hear from him for 2 days. I was a little put out. I guess I'm from the old school, when a man would call you the next day to, well, see how you were and hopefully, intensify things and say how lovely it was. A couple of days later I began receiving phone calls and texts. Again, I miss you, I love you. I want to be with you so much. And again, he was so damned funny. A sense of humor I have never experienced. I won't go into the details.

We were to get together the next week. He had an upset stomach and "fever". Un Hmmm. In any event, he has been contacting me on a very regular basis, talking on the phone, sending sweet texts, etc. I know I did things to screw things up. I suspected him of being with someone else and basically said so. After his excuses I said I was going to spent the weekend with people who "wanted to be with me" and his response: "Another snide remark". It went on from there to more things that were not nice - mostly from me. So he thinks I am someone who is always looking for trouble where there is none and am "transferring" my thoughts to him.

I have never been more unhappy. I have lost 6 pounds in less than a week and feel very unhealthy. I don't think he ever wants to hear from me again. He once said that he didn't "need this" had had it before and didn't want it again, yet he called me subsequent to that and things were alright again.

I am still crying and so upset physically and emoti0nally. Perhaps I haven't put this in the right perspective, but he really seemed to love me and wanted to be with me forever.

Am I crazy? Answer: YES! But I would like to hear from anyone who cares to share an opinion.

Thanks, guys.
 Jayne0927
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 6:57:37 PM
I am 0 for 16. Most of the guys are very flawed in some ways. I am not perfect, but I know how to make a man feel wanted and cared for. I met someone three weeks ago. From the first night we began phone conversations that would last anywhere from 3 - 6 hrs. Crazy, I know, but we shared so many things, past experiences (marriages), kids, our expectations, etc. He had a keen sense of humor and was very intelligent. That I loved.

By the second week he told me he loved me, wanted me to meet his family and friends, etc. DANGER! But I fell for it and loved him too. We shared sooo many things in common. So so many things. His humor was superlative. We laughed and laughed. Though I still had my reservations.

We met and had a great evening together, dinner, etc. and spent the night together at his home. Very smooth and romantic and just so right. We spooned all night and it was just perfect. Didn't hear from him for 2 days. I was a little put out. I guess I'm from the old school, when a man would call you the next day to, well, see how you were and hopefully, intensify things and say how lovely it was. A couple of days later I began receiving phone calls and texts. Again, I miss you, I love you. I want to be with you so much. And again, he was so damned funny. A sense of humor I have never experienced. I won't go into the details.

We were to get together the next week. He had an upset stomach and "fever". Un Hmmm. In any event, he has been contacting me on a very regular basis, talking on the phone, sending sweet texts, etc. I know I did things to screw things up. I suspected him of being with someone else and basically said so. After his excuses I said I was going to spent the weekend with people who "wanted to be with me" and his response: "Another snide remark". It went on from there to more things that were not nice - mostly from me. So he thinks I am someone who is always looking for trouble where there is none and am "transferring" my thoughts to him.

I have never been more unhappy. I have lost 6 pounds in less than a week and feel very unhealthy. I don't think he ever wants to hear from me again. He once said that he didn't "need this" had had it before and didn't want it again, yet he called me subsequent to that and things were alright again.

I am still crying and so upset physically and emoti0nally. Perhaps I haven't put this in the right perspective, but he really seemed to love me and wanted to be with me forever.

Am I crazy? Answer: YES! But I would like to hear from anyone who cares to share an opinion.

Thanks, guys.
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/9/2012 8:15:22 PM
Dayoff:
How about if a woman writes a man a nice email?

I agree with you...but the men on here are the same! Very rarely do I ever get a response from a man, so I just stopped writing. It's a two way street.
 heypretty
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:19:52 PM
Success to me is A) they are who they say they are B) They were actually single C)They showed up to the date D)Made me smile, laugh, giggle

I havent had a LTR come of this website. LTR begins over a year for me.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/9/2012 10:11:54 PM

Most of the guys are very flawed in some ways

Ofc... That's why they're on a dating site.

This is something a lot of women have to get into their heads. The perfect guy, he laughs at these sites... because he doesn't need them to get a date since he's so great. He'd NEVER end up on here.

We're all here because we have personality flaws that left us turning to a website to meet people. It's nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to get mad about... it's just the truth. We're all social rejects, and the faster you accept that fact, the faster you can meet a great guy...

Also, just because a guy doesn't call you for 2 days, it doesn't mean there's another woman. NOBODY likes being accused of cheating. It might be a good idea to work on that insecurity.
 abmccray
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 10:48:45 PM
I have a guy I know who is getting married from this site. From what I've seen, it's basically like the old SNL "Lowered Expectations" - it's good for people without much going on who have already kind of given up, to meet each other.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/10/2012 5:19:29 AM
Well let's see....

One was an alcoholic, one was an emotional basketcase with Borderline Personality Disorder, one was a sexual deviant with anger issues, and then there was the married lawyer lying his ass off and claming to be divorced.

I'm such a lucky girl.

I think my luck has finally changed in the last couple of months, however...
 NJ_Phil
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/10/2012 8:04:12 AM
Jersey Girl:
You need to streamline your dating and make it more efficient. Try looking for a married, alcoholic lawyer with emotional problems and borderline personality disorders rather than waste time with 3 different men.

Stay away from the sexual deviant guy, he's the really bad one

I've recently gotten lucky also....want to compare notes someday?
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/10/2012 9:43:56 AM

I've recently gotten lucky also....want to compare notes someday?

Sounds like a plan.

How about my place tonight at 7:30 for dinner? Oh - and bring the white merlot. ;-D
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:27:56 AM
I didn't read all the responses or even the opening post......just the subject line.....

Being as the majority here have fake profiles and are married or separated just looking for their
cake and to eat it too..........I'd
have to say the answer to the question IS A RESOUNDING NO.......................

The FEW of us here THAT ARE REAL don't stand a chance..................
 NJ_Phil
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/10/2012 12:57:15 PM
How about my place tonight at 7:30 for dinner? Oh - and bring the white merlot. ;-D

I think you polished this off the last time you were here, but I'll hit the liquor store on the way over..
I'll pull out all the stops this time and spring for the $7.99 bottle

** EDIT ** Damn, I love a cheap date
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/10/2012 1:26:36 PM
** EDIT ** Damn, I love a cheap date

I would suppose the Merlot is a bit cheaper than what will be in the long, narrow Tiffany's gift box you'll have in your other hand.

Agreed.
 privat33r
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2012 2:53:59 PM
Jersey, thx for pointing Tiffany's online out-- whoa though. $350 before it even starts to get interesting. *(I like the locket on the sunglasses)*. I suppose its a tenth the price of setting up the boat, repairing damage from the new pup, or a bunch of summer trips for the urchins . So is that right, Is that ballpark near the bottom line? Lowballing?
 luvtodance7
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2012 10:05:28 PM
No, I too have had many horror stories, what is wrong with these men? Of course the men probably

think the same.......seems all the men want is SEX and too cheap to buy a drink or a frozen yogurt........
 Choporis
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/12/2012 12:29:33 AM
Everything's possible as long as there's people :]
I made great friends from sites that's made for something else than dating.

Just be genuine to others, and have a mindset of no expectations. The harder you try, the more likely it's not going to work, on human interactions.
 BuscandoAmor65
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/12/2012 6:34:46 AM
Good day. The thing that worked for me when I started in POF is to be completely honest from the very beginning. New photo, what you are looking for, what are your expectations of the person you are trying to meet, nothing forced, and respect is the key.
 UniquelyPassionateCandy
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:39:55 AM
Well I met one of my best friends over 2 years ago via POF...I consider that a good relationship..As far as finding something serious...Not so much. Then again, I don't really expect to find anything off here. If I do then, great! If not, oh well.
 pjera
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/12/2012 10:51:36 AM
I was in what I thought was a good relationship from a man on here who happens to be an artist building his own home. I was with him for over a year actually considered marriage some day then I found out he was seeing 4 other women and continued to surf 4 dating sites. He confessed.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/12/2012 11:00:28 AM

Haven't even had a bad one. (O_o)

Location can make a big difference if you're a little picky. Not much going on in my area.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?