Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
YES YES YES!!

I've had 2 very good relationships from here, one that lasted for about a year and a half, and now my current GF, which is going on 3+ years.

Trick was to let the ladies message me instead of me reaching out. I found that the quality ladies were the ones that took genuine interest in my profile and had the melons to send me a note. Of course, the better you can make yourself, the more positive the experience will be, regardless of the site.

I used average (and honest) pictures of myself, and most of the women who I ended up meeting always commented on how much better I look in person than in my pictures. I rarely had an instance where I didn't get a second date offer..........

I truly went on some great dates and met some very attractive and pleasant ladies here. Its been a very positive experience for me!
 Shipready2sail
Msg: 127
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?
Posted: 7/12/2012 12:53:50 PM
Not much success. Advice: stay away from the ones with no pics. There A REASON for the no pic. I found out the hard way. No harm done but a valuable lesson learned. Good luck.
 soulll2soulll
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/15/2012 10:45:52 PM
Its funny that you ask that question, Its all in what you make of it and 95% of it is what the site is called plenty of fish,, And you are the catch of the day!!! Now whether you are the best that one person has ever had its all in part of the dating game. And it doesn't matter where you meet someone in the mall,, at the store ,, or even online. The fact remains the same:
HOW LONG CAN I TOLERATE THIS PERSON??

Before wanting to go out fishing again!!! You do the same when hanging out ,, clubbing or vacationing with girls guys night out!! You're gonna do it here as well.

You have this one life to live !! And you Can't renew like you Fix your Credit !!! So stay true to you Be your own super star and life will be so grand that you would be a friend and someone special to everyone you meet and your True And Number One FAN Is the person you give it all too without any doubt because like they say love is blind, It takes a strong man / woman to endure hurt. And never let it show because this is what it's all about loving life and enjoying it with someone who is truly a friend not your property and dating would be the easiest and best thing for you since sliced bread.

Tyrone

:modhammer:

Signature

" You Better Call Tyrone"
 jt guy
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/16/2012 6:46:27 AM
Yes, I have had two good relationships off POF. I wanted both to end in marriage, but what ended them was, we were not on the same page in life.

You ask for good advise, but , if you look at what I stated above, all my advise would be bad.
 ezekielswheel
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/18/2012 10:27:35 PM
Had one that recently ended after 4 years. She wanted to get married then changed her mind, so that was that. I have a new GF that I also met on here, and a slew of them before the first one. Meeting people here isn't hard, it's meeting someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

I'm still friends (like as in offline) with several girls I dated from here which I've known some for 5-6 years now, oh, and a couple guys I met as well that I'm friends with (in a very non-gay way... just thought I'd point that out).
 irish_smackie
Msg: 131
Posted: 7/18/2012 10:57:21 PM
Not sure how to answer... I had a relationship with the first man I met online for almost 1.5 years, and although I really enjoyed my time with him, he simply wasn't ready to give up chasing women. These dating sites are so much like a candy store for people needing a lot of attention, and he just couldn't stay away.

So was it a *good* relationship? I suppose so, in that we genuinely care(d) about one another. I just wish I were savvy enough at the time I met him to not have believed everything his profile said. lol I never would have dated him, had I known.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2012 8:10:05 PM

Yikes - the first one was an alcoholic (took me a few months to figure it out since he hid it pretty well), the second one had Borderline Personality Order (which meant I was either God's gift to manhood OR Typhoid Mary, depending on how he was cycling), another was a sexual deviant with a Cuckold fantasy and the last one had extreme anger issues along with adult ADHD - which means he had the attention span of a fruit fly and could be a mean son-of-a-b*tch with his hair-trigger temper.

Yeah, good times...good times...

If by "successful relationship" you mean dealing with a bunch of nut-jobs with emotional issues, dependency issues, substance abuse problems, anger issues and sexual deviants then by golly, the answer is yes. LMAO!

LOL..girl..that is not POF's fault.

Your picker is in need of adjustment...hang in there, and choose better mates. ;)
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 133
Posted: 7/20/2012 8:15:46 PM
nopers. no good relationship, no bad relationship even.
 larryplymouth
Msg: 134
Posted: 7/22/2012 8:55:01 PM
yes, i have met a women i talk to daily , i look forward every morning to chatting her. you get to know someone so well on here , more i think than on a date or dates. i love pof for the friends i meet here,im so glad i came and found pof. larry
 Aries_328
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2012 9:10:17 PM
I had a great relationship with someone from POF... until it ended :)
 mccrackin15
Msg: 136
Posted: 7/22/2012 9:19:16 PM
A lot of fun with various people, I gave many people a try that I didn't think I should but no one was close to a relationship. I got to experience things I never had and made some friends but there are just so many people here that I think it's a numbers game and you could lose out on some quality people because you get bogged down with crap. In other words, I think there are some serious missed opportunities here thanks to sleazy ass^ole%. The converse is also true. Men start to think women get a million messages but they are really looking for a slight modicum of wanting a connection.

Best of luck, it's numbers.
 whirlsofcurls
Msg: 137
Posted: 7/23/2012 12:55:27 AM
I haven't had any luck. I am patient with a positive outlook. So to hear of some bad experiences. Wish you all the best!
 northbound55
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2012 10:20:21 AM
lol wow i have made some good friends and meeting and gatherings , not many great matches , most to picky and want what they want the way they like it lol , i think we expect to much on pof and dating, alot potential gals , but all too picky , and m,any superficial i meet,
 barefootkitten
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/23/2012 11:05:26 AM
I met my boyfriend here on POF. We've been together for about a year, rent a place together (we're currently looking for a house to buy together), and we are discussing marriage in the near future.

It works if you're willing to meet people. In the end though, it's not POF's "fault" if your relationships with those you meet through the site don't work out. POF is simply a tool for meeting people, after the first meet, it's up to the two of you what happens.
 greatheartgal
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/23/2012 4:40:32 PM
Yes I have met a man on here that we are having a successful relationship with. We started dating in April 2012 and have dated many times. I always enjoy spending time with him. I have met many of his family and friends. I felt ready to date someone seriously after a divorce over 10yrs ago. We had a few rough spots but kept going. He is funny, we do lots of fun things that we both enjoy, and he let's me know everyday how special I am. Just keep the faith! Pray! Keep getting out there and keep conversations flowing. All the best! Greatheartgal
 Abbeygirl58
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/24/2012 3:45:12 PM
I love your name "maryapolis" very cute....anyway I'm back after a year and a half break from the site. I met a man on POF I love very much (so it is possible).....unfortunately we are not a match as far as our long term goals so I've ended that relationship but obviously I haven't given up hope I will meet the right man.
 ezlivin313
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2012 5:32:27 PM
OMG there have been a couple of wrecks along the line here.. but there have also been a couple of good ones too ;)

People are people.. and few of us know what we want. That being told says we are only what we wanna be at the moment and time spent who we are. If it lasts.. great !! If it dont, then let it be on good terms. Thats all I got to say.
 Will073
Msg: 143
Posted: 7/25/2012 11:54:19 AM
Still fishing for me.... 2 or 3 meetups with one of those leading to a 2nd meetup (then caputts) over several years!

Most of the women I talk to, if I they ever write back, stop writing after awhile. Almost like they are bored or just checking it out.
 hermanater63
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 6:31:11 PM
i have a few friends who met nice ladies one just moved in together.me myself am new ,not even sure how it works but .physical attraction is a must .my problem is im picky ,shy ,and just cantseem to let go of that :(
 KittyCoop
Msg: 145
Posted: 7/29/2012 6:48:20 PM
My friends just got married this month after meeting on here
a couple of years ago. A good relationship can be sparked from
anywhere :)
 KeepinCool29
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 6:49:15 PM
I've had 2 relationships. Whether they were good or not is another story lol.
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 9:30:34 PM
i have trying to find someone one here how can you start a relationship on here in hobbs nm
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 9:32:32 PM
can you help me find someone on here
 usernonymous
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/30/2012 7:02:41 PM
I've become friends with 2 women on POF but have never met them. We are facebook friends.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/30/2012 8:15:30 PM
Its pretty disheartening to see so few relationships. I don't mean just friends. There seems to be some that last a few mo a couple a year & a couple longer. Of course this is just of ppl who are in forum who decided to answer so real kind of survey but I was a bit surprised.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?