Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 A few Questions
Msg: 151
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
OMG.....JerseyGirl2008.....the words you type are sooooo true.....married men who pretend to be single,drunks who pretend to be sober....and people with so much baggage puts airlines to shame.

Where are all the happy guys......lol

Keep on looking, you just may be lucky.....
 AHoneyBee4U
Msg: 152
Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?
Posted: 8/3/2012 7:36:56 AM
I'm new to the site but I've already met someone here who I'm happy to be entangled with. We're compatible in a lot of ways and have many commonalities in our lives besides our shared interests.

It's been fun, funny, amazing so far... I feel safe with him, comfortable, alive, and familiar.

We're trying to take things slowly. LOL
 AHoneyBee4U
Msg: 153
Posted: 8/3/2012 7:46:44 AM
And there isn't any secret really.

I flirted with him, we e-mailed, then talked on the phone, texted, and finally met in person.

He was the second guy I met face-to-face from this site. I had plenty of offers in real life too.

But there was a comfort level established with this man in our interaction prior to meeting. And once we met, it was like we already knew each other.

I can't see the future, but where ever this goes, I feel blessed to share in this experience with him. Even if the romance faded for any reason, he is someone I would definitely want to remain friends with.
 steelworker45
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/15/2014 7:53:50 AM
i do agree on most are very picky on outward appearances and very disrespectful on here to others. while most in here are only looking for one thing, some of us are not, and are actually looking for a long term relationship. i would talk to anyone that did message me, pic or not. i have not had a good relationship on here, cause most go by looks only and dont take the time to know someone as a person
 Dragracer428
Msg: 155
Posted: 11/15/2014 8:23:17 AM
Have been in my eyes quite successful on POF, yes I am single right now but have had a couple of relationships. One 2 years and another 1 1/2 years along with several short term relationships of a couple months.
Where is the problem with finding someone permanent, well since I am the common factor is all of them I guess it is me. LOL
Commitment issues, who knows????
Takes patience, a fairly thick skin and a good attitude to make POF work, no miracles here for anyone and it is not easy.

And for the men complaining about having no luck on here, take a look at my profile. I am a 55 year old smoker with more than a few extra pounds that is not going to win any contests based on looks. If I can do it anyone can. LOL
Like I just read on here "be interested to be interesting".
 babiebird
Msg: 156
Posted: 11/15/2014 12:53:50 PM
Great Site.
lovely people.
I wanna to take you all straight home!
 mike11091
Msg: 157
Posted: 11/15/2014 4:33:15 PM
One of the first people I ever messaged on here replied within minutes. We chatted for maybe an hour and then moved the conversation over to Skype. And talked for 12 more hours.

We were together for about a year.

She hates me, but that's beside the point.

I wouldn't change meeting her.

Other than that, no. I met her the first day I signed up for POF. After we broke up, I dated for a month or two and then met someone IRL. (no credit to POF for this one.)
 petula1908
Msg: 158
Posted: 11/15/2014 4:44:16 PM
Outward appearances are very important and all we have to go by initially. Why would we bother to meet in real life with someone who doesn't appeal visually?? Taking time to know someone happens after there is a spark of interest and attraction. That is normal and natural. Nothing is real until you meet and sometimes not even then!!! Women in particular are very savvy about picking up info from facial features.

petula1908
Msg: 159
Posted: 11/15/2014 4:49:46 PM
Vicki159

How many men have you actually met in order to find a few good ones even though you are not interested in them romantically or vice versa, it seems. Just curious. Some people give up wading through "a pile of crap" to find someone interesting eligible and attractive, especially women. I know a couple of gals that have met hundreds of men and not found a match. Not just from POF but other sites.
 Debisue64
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 5:27:35 PM
you know.. i cant say I am more successful on POF than I am in person.. lol..

BUT.. I am dating a nice man now.. not sure if it will fly... but.. at least I am trying.
 Dee4166
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 5:37:45 PM
Well...I've had at least two LTR's that I met here on POF....

As a matter of fact, I was friends with one of those exes who has since come back into my Life...and now that we're BOTH in a different place, it seems like there MAY be something new there...

More will be revealed as time goes on I guess....

Who knew?
 daynadaze
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 7:28:43 PM
My youngest daughter met her husband here. They were married July, 2013, still married.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 163
Posted: 11/15/2014 8:35:10 PM
Long-lived threads like this one can be very interesting at times. I posted on this one 2.5 yrs ago, not too long after the final break-up of a 2.5 yr relationship with a man I met through the POF forums. Which was my second LTR met through the forums. When I last posted on this thread I was hoping to find a 3rd relationship from POF but here I am years later and still ambivalent. So I guess my answer is 'yes' I've had a good relationship with someone I met through POF but not confident there will be another.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2014 9:49:35 PM
Nope. I met one, but we didn't hit it off. We became friends, but I can only take her in small doses. After that, I have yet to meet with any other. She does tell me about all the others- are guys THAT strange? I knew a few others, (friends of my now ex) that were on here, and they told me stories about all the weird guys they met. I did meet a few of them- they were JUST as screwy as they were described to me. I wouldn't own up to knowing them. What, they saw in them, I have no idea. And I always thought they were pretty level headed. When I started out on here, I thought that it would be easy for me to meet a lady. Women that have known me for years, think that I'm pretty reasonable. I'm still friends with them. If they had issues with me, I doubt that they would call, just to shoot the breeze with me. A best guess is, that I don't present a challenge to most. I'm predictable. (Read boring) Oh well.
 Mentisnow
Msg: 165
Posted: 11/16/2014 2:39:10 PM
Not myself. My daughter met her husband six years ago, and two babies. They are a happy married couple. She's the one that suggested I get a profile here.
 TerrieLynnC70
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2014 3:29:21 PM
Nope not at all.........I've been on this site off and on for quite a few years and never had any luck at all..............
 Cycling99
Msg: 167
Posted: 11/17/2014 6:36:45 AM
No me either... although there is this crazy chaparrita from El Paso I would like to meet... ;-) And if we meet, I still need milk for tomorrow's coffee... Just saying... lmao
 Maleman999
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/17/2014 6:49:38 AM
It looks like POF stands for Plenty Of Failures. I don't expect the site to be shut down because of lack of single people anytime soon.

The problem with any dating site is people are looking for and expecting to find a totally perfect person who happens to live in their area-no matter how much some claim to be looking for someone who is just "perfect for me"-which is a crock of BS. Then people get a stick up their butt when a totally perfect Prince Charming or Cinderella who is meant to be with them (in their minds) doesn't magically fall and land on their lap when they log on to their computer.
 Mentisnow
Msg: 169
Posted: 11/17/2014 5:01:44 PM
Ay! Forgot the milk for the coffee. On topic, I don't want a prince charming, I'm not six years old. I think flaws come with every human being (dogs, and cats are exempted from this flaw thing) lucky me I'm more mobile than I was a few years back, my kids are grown and can pretty much fend for themselves. I am not bitter, nor do I have endured the hardships of dating, this by my own choice. I can stop what I don't like immediately, so I really don't waste my time and effort. I live an uncomplicated life ( according to me, though that depends on the opinions of those close to me.)

There's this one highly elusive cyclists that lives in a place that's not on my map, that I would really like to have a cup of not so hot coffee, don't really enjoy getting burned specially when I'm bursting into laughter.
 Cycling99
Msg: 170
Posted: 11/17/2014 5:26:24 PM
You have my number... Stop with the excuses, chaparrita! lol You will be laughing... I will bring Jose Cuervo... lmao Don't blame technology, and let's get it done! UR GPS may not work: I will send smoke signals.
 patchjoker13
Msg: 171
Posted: 11/18/2014 10:16:57 AM
The real question should be "How many people have even gotten a date on this site?" I wish there was a way to see how many guys and girls on this site never get a single date. I bet the number would blow our minds. I would be willing to bet that out of the hundreds of thousands of people on this site, the monthly percentage of dates generated is probably around 5% of the total number of subscribers.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 172
Posted: 11/18/2014 10:20:16 AM
Dates, yes. LTR, not yet.
 daynadaze
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2014 1:11:51 PM
The woe is me is deep in this thread, I'm sure you'd be surprised at how many do get dates, or whatever it is they want from this site. I'm also sure there are plenty who aren't getting dates in real life either. It really doesn't matter what anyone posting has as a score card number, what you are looking for is how it works for you. If you aren't happy here and need to whine and vent, wouldn't leaving make more sense?
 petula1908
Msg: 174
Posted: 11/18/2014 1:33:13 PM
I met a couple of guys from POF in the past that were okay but nothing special. Had more success with another site and the standard seems to be higher there. No names.....
 averagewhitechick
Msg: 175
Posted: 11/18/2014 1:47:16 PM
I've been on POF for 7 years and have yet to have more than 2 dates with anyone I've met. So, yeah, anyone who has some magic dust they can toss my way it would be appreciated lol But all the guys I've met are still here too -- I guess they just weren't looking for me :(
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?