Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cbsmama
Msg: 30
single pregnant motherPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
shes 22...and had a kid at 19...there is no way that she is an educated woman with a good job...also she state that she was planning pn getting pregnant with this one.

Do whats best for this hild and give it up for adoption.
 smilingrock
Msg: 32
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/13/2012 2:32:55 PM
^^^^^ yet on your profile you only claim HS education. Anybody can post drivel on the net.
 Tealwood
Msg: 34
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/13/2012 3:04:46 PM
You don't know anything you are just presuming,

Work hard, play hard, thats what i say!
Looking for nothing serious just would like to know whats out there.

One can read her profile.....part time employment....government programs and social assistance....yes one can make fairly accurate assesments of the reality this child has to look forward too.....

Fell pregnant? Is that like tripping over the rut and doing a face plant? It had nothing to do with her?

Message 32 Call yourself a mom?!?!? You don't know the situation only that the father is not around and mom is feeling lonely. That is understandable facing becoming a single mom to 2 kids is very daunting but to suggest to just throw one child away like that is disgusting. The op didnt know this was going happen and therefore should not be punished and NEITHER should the child.

To do what is best for the child to see the child has the opportunities to succeed as opposed to the probable life of poverty and the standard cycle that follows? Why is she less a woman or a mother when she asks this other woman for some personal accountablity...personal responsiblity for her lifestyle choices....

I would suggest a woman with no visible means of self support and 1 child and with one on the way would be looking for something with substance and with long range goals in mind...as she has the responsibility of two young impressionable children...yet all she is looking for is a good time and too play hard....I did that for many years...playing hard and playing with variety....but I also avoided responsibilities....but I also did not have access to the government handouts that this mother is now entitled too.....damm....there is that word again for single mothers with children....ENTITLEMENT.

I am currently back in college finishing what I started smart ass

Smexi

Responsible parenting choices....I made sure I had some sort of established revenue source before I made the whoops....the birth control does...did not work...living up to...or being responsible for ones choices...and my mother was very responsible giving me up for adoption when she was 19...no job and only one year of university....but some have no problem living off society.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 36
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/13/2012 4:27:46 PM
~~~~~~~~~
I find it strange that the 14 yr old that got pregnant in this thread is getting nothing but encouraging words yet the OP of this one isnt?
~~~~~~~~
because that woman has 1 child, isn't pregnant and is putting herself through school. This one is fresh out of a relationship, already a mom and pregnant with another and instead of focusing on school and bettering herself is worried about dating. I don't necessarily agree with everything posted in this thread.... but it's the reason why..
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 38
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/13/2012 5:39:53 PM
I agree with you.. However I do think she should focus on getting an education and things like that before worrying about dating. I dated while going to school and working, but I fit dating around everything else. .it was never a priority.
 smilingrock
Msg: 41
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/14/2012 11:36:49 AM
Boy that does sound Like a free ticket to ride...
 BabyBlues_78
Msg: 44
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:56:31 PM
I disagree, dating doesn't mean that you have to get into a deep relationship. Going out and having dinner and just enjoying someones company is a good idea. I don't think that getting sexually involved would be a good idea while you are preggo, or even getting into a serious relationship until you have your hormones returned to a normal level after you have the baby. But you should be able to go out and have fun and laugh without all the other BS.
 Walts
Msg: 46
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/16/2012 7:29:45 AM

What the hell do i do now?

Quit asking questions that you should have asked YOURself yesterday, or the day before, or the month before. Ya see what I'm getting at??????
 MQueenK
Msg: 47
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/16/2012 7:40:16 AM
I'm in the same situtation. I'm 5 months and my husband and I are going through a divorce now. We have 2 children. I will be a single mother of 3. I'm interested in how things are working for you.
Good Luck,
 Walts
Msg: 48
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/16/2012 8:47:20 AM
Good Luck,

You too, especially with that pic!!!! It's a gooder!!!! :/
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 49
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/16/2012 9:07:21 AM
MQueenK

Advice.. that picture isn't going to get you a real man.. but you're inbox sure will be full.. *take that in any context you want and it will still be true* With that kind of pictures online.. I'd divorce you too..and i hope your kids don't see it..
 lesmond69
Msg: 50
view profile
History
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/17/2012 12:16:37 PM
far from undateable thhats lovely congratulations xx
 vestaceres
Msg: 52
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/19/2012 7:38:26 PM
You are not ineligible to date.
 ShEm80
Msg: 53
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/27/2012 1:01:19 PM
Hun, I am a single mum too. My ex left when I was 15 weeks, started to date another woman 2 weeks later, and was married to her 2 months after that. I was still carrying his child!! Anyway, if you want to date DO IT! Why shouldnt you be happy too? And if a man wont date you simply cos you are preggers, he is not a man you want to be with!
 lookinfortheloveofmylife
Msg: 54
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/27/2012 2:03:42 PM
no you are not undateable i would date someone that is pregnant there is nothing wrong with it if they like you they will like you the way you are to
 GurugiGets
Msg: 55
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/27/2012 2:16:23 PM
Not only are single moms attractive in most cases, a pregnant woman is fun to shop for. You might take some time to not try and get deeply involved because I'd be wondering if you may still have reasonable attachments to your ex. As quickly as he ran, he may return once he decides he doesn't want to be gay anymore.

Huh? Let's just assume you future together wasn't exactly picture perfect financially stable.

I'd also be worried about dating you, falling for you and you wanting "me" time once the kid is born.

Women are fairly predictable this way.
 smilingrock
Msg: 56
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/28/2012 2:50:38 AM
I just cant imagine going out with a woman thats 8 months pregnant. Even shopping would be awkward - can you imagine one of your friends running into you?

Now once the baby is born here is a little bundle that craps and cries and its not your own. It would take a special breed to grow anothers seed...
 Mr.Dee1
Msg: 58
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/29/2012 6:11:55 AM
I think you should focus on your children, your child and unborn child. Your pregnant, you wanted a child, and now a child is on the way. Honestly, I don't think it's wrong to be with one person who cares for you and actually intends to be with you in a serious relationship, but finding someone shouldn't even be a concern right now for you. If you would take your ex back, then wait at least until the baby is born and give it a chance for your children, and yourself if you still love him and are willing to move forward in the possibility of his return. I find it odd that you were the one who was left, and so concerned with dating and meeting new people in your pregnancy. So to me that is an indication that maybe you left him but do not want to admit that cause it would give you a bad or low image. I've known pregnant women who were left, friends of mine...and they never worried about pregnant dating or seeing anyone other than the father. And also, I'm coming from experience. Being left by my pregnant ex fiancé at th second month of pregnancy. We both wanted a family together and talked about it and made plans, and reality hit and she left the situation realizing she wasnt ready. Then desperately called me from the hospital, shamelessly expecting me to just run to her side like a dog when you whistle after shewing it away, dont get me wrong i saw my boy come to this world. So yeah you have my opinion to your question. Just had to include my second analysis on your situation cause just seems kinda fishy to me. But overall, my best wishes to you and your child you are carrying, hope all goes well and I hope for the best of your baby's life.
 Miss W
Msg: 61
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/29/2012 10:18:23 PM
Seal dated Heidi Klum while pregnant. They proceeded to have more children. Hate to be a buzz kill but...
 smilingrock
Msg: 62
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/30/2012 3:00:53 AM
They got married too.... totally different from this
 ALNG87
Msg: 63
single pregnant mother
Posted: 6/30/2012 7:45:06 AM
I'm with MSCS84 The men will come. Wait until the baby gets here and you're more "settled" with your newborn. My youngest is 9months and I'm just now getting back out there (dating), although I think I'll wait until she's 1 before I look for anything more serious. Your not "Undateable" but I'd be leery about any guy who wanted to date a preggo lady.
 george11111
Msg: 64
view profile
History
single pregnant mother
Posted: 7/6/2012 3:51:59 PM
feel sorry for you dearbut you life is in the future. forget abot the past. i know that is easy to say but you only get one chance in this lifge
love
bobby
 mrcs84
Msg: 66
view profile
History
single pregnant mother
Posted: 7/6/2012 4:25:22 PM

there are lots of open minded people on here who appreciate our strongness and honesty

There are also a lot of creepers that are just trying to satisfy a fetish.

Strongness? Personally, I think being so adamant about trying to find a partner that you can't even wait until the baby is born just wreaks of desperation and selfishness.
 wildsexytazz
Msg: 67
view profile
History
single pregnant mother
Posted: 12/21/2012 3:37:18 PM
would love to meet and talk to you
 bobbybear46
Msg: 69
view profile
History
single pregnant mother
Posted: 12/27/2012 7:04:03 PM
I believe that a woman has a certain glow about her while she's pregnant. I would date a woman that was pregnant if I was attracted to her as a person.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >