Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rheostatic
Msg: 22
Always dumped, is it me?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

You know how you're optimistic and non-confrontational? Those are really great qualities, and if you keep getting stomped on, they'll be buried behind walls a mile thick, which isn't fair to you or to the guy you're meant to be with.

Sorry, but non-confrontational isn't exactly a great quality, especially when combined with optimism. It basically means you assume every person you meet in ANY context is good, special and unselfish, and this is far from the truth. It's the very definition of a pushover.
 Wild_man_in_the_woods
Msg: 23
Always dumped, is it me?
Posted: 6/18/2012 8:07:23 PM
People who are nonconfrontational not infrequently have some form of anger issues, in ways that they may not understand or recognize, and that can inflict some pretty unexpected and unwelcome stuff both on/ within the person carrying the anger and others that they interact with.

Rent and watch the movie "Anger Management." A lot of the specifics of the plot are immature humor and implausible in the extreme. But there are elements of truth in it that are worth checking out and reflecting upon if you're a "nice guy" or "nice girl"
 vestaceres
Msg: 24
Always dumped, is it me?
Posted: 6/20/2012 3:59:52 AM
You need to seek professional counseling and avoid reading the posts of amateur counselors on this forum.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >