Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 8
Never been in love??Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Did ya ask him what he thought "love" was???? How about you OP,,,what do YOU define "love" as???? I know quite a few people that fall in and out love more than they change their panties. Notice I said panties,not underwear????? Everyone's definition of "love" is a little different, one reason being, is that it's a emotion, a very personal one.

The people I "love" I would kill for, or at the very least, die for. Seriously.
 Walts
Msg: 12
Never been in love??
Posted: 6/2/2012 9:15:11 AM

Walt- I never met a man that I would die for, so I guess by your definition I have never been in love either. But, I would die for God, my parents, and my siblings

So you have been in "love" cause you just told us God,your parents and siblings are what you would die for. How about him,since he's into the church also????? Ask him.
 DomG79
Msg: 16
Never been in love??
Posted: 6/3/2012 3:07:06 AM
I've had crushes, but I don't think it counts as being "in love" unless they love you back. I could be wrong, and some people say that I am, but I don't feel like that is wrong.
 Mr_Nonchalance
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Never been in love??
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:34:26 PM
love is overrated and something that is defined by society through romance novels,movies and cheesy holidays.society is in love with the idea of love and any relationship that is going well for that moment gets the love label. anybody who says they have not been in love i would think have high standards so they are not quick to fall in love because society says its something you feel ,because your in a great relationship atthe moment.i would be more worried about the person who says they have been in love 4-5 times yet they fell out of love because something the person did or the moment of bliss did not last.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Never been in love??
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:46:59 PM

I don't think there is such a thing as being "in love". That would imply that you could suddenly fall "out of love" and I don't believe that's possible either. If you love someone you love them. You might not be able to live with them or be around them but you still love them. The opposite of love is hate and the opposite of both of those is indifference. Well my relationships have never been indifferent. I loved them or I ended up hating them. If people think love is a warm fuzzy feeling you get from being with someone that isn't love. Since you are a religious girl I would read the verse about "love is patient" "love is kind", etc. I don't remember the exact book and chapter of that one but I could almost repeat it word for word. THAT is love. If he didn't feel that for anyone then no, he probably has never "loved" anyone.

I agree to a great extent, as for me "in love", much like hapiness, exists in moments rather than as a state of being. Although I don't believe that one "falls" either in or out of love, I do believe that those who seek to be in love are more often than not never satisfied & that contentment is highly underrated. In any case, I would guess it would depend on what his particular definition of being in love is. Surely one can love without being IN love, if their definition of such is consistent with that state. His statement wouldn't cause me personally to make a decision as far as whether or not to continue a relationship. I would more likely store it in my memory & revisit the issue of love/in love somewhere along the road, when it became important and applicable.
 FishOwl
Msg: 22
Never been in love??
Posted: 6/4/2012 11:03:48 PM
"I'm wondering if he is even capable of becoming emotionally connected to someone."

Maybe he's never found anybody he would love, but you run away now and don't even ask him why. The vast majority of the women on this site don't seem to be good for much else than inventing "red flags" and running. Join the school. (That's a collection of fish all going the same way and doing the same thing.)
 FishOwl
Msg: 23
Never been in love??
Posted: 6/4/2012 11:13:50 PM
"Some people can be in a marriage/relationship for years, but they were not able to love, because of reasons you and I do not understand.

He may want to be in love but won't let himself feel so deeply someone until he knows he is loved by them. Maybe that has not happened yet.

Please do not be skeptical. Talk to him. Communicate. Communicate. Communicate."

onewayoranuther, you are beautiful beyond belief, and that has nothing to do with your picture, which is also very nice. What he needs to do is meet someone like you; if he wouldn't love then his excuse for a heart is made of rotten wood.

I just got to learn to say what I mean.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >