Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mediagirl4e
Msg: 26
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
On here ... a man with a hat on usually means he has no or little hair. I hate guys who post pictures of there dogs. Comes off as them being dumb. I am starting to not answer men who have one profile picture . How about the woman who have average on there profile and are huge. That kinda is annoying.60 yr old guys who think they look 45 and put there age as 45. One guy had one picture of him and 2 of his dog. How about they guys who have pics of them so far away you cant see there face. One guy i talked to recently admited he had a fake pic up on here and wanted me to see his real pictures and sent me to his facbook page. I also dont like guys who smoke... i am not a fan of kissing an ashtray. Smoking bikes making to much a fuss about your pet... huge turn offs to me
 ThusSpokeZarathustra
Msg: 27
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!
Posted: 6/1/2012 4:42:23 PM

I hate guys who post pictures of there dogs. Comes off as them being dumb.

A bit like people who don't know the difference between "their" and "there" I suppose.
 lobo65
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2012 4:44:20 PM
People who drive the speed limit or below in the left lane, and refuse to switch to the right lane.
People who don't brush their teeth, and/or have bad breath
People who leave water all over the bathroom counter or on the floor after getting out of the shower
people who dip snuff, and spit in their can in front of me
People who blast their c(rap) music so loudly that it shakes my car sitting next to them at a red light
People whose dog barks all night, and keeps me from getting any sleep
 Technoartisan
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/1/2012 4:51:55 PM

People who drive the speed limit or below in the left lane, and refuse to switch to the right lane.

As of a couple of years ago, that became illegal in my state! Yeah, baby! Progress!

And that made me laugh.

I aim to please! :)

And, that story about the doggie poo... That was awesome!
 fillyphilly
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/1/2012 4:54:03 PM
I think because I've been working with children for the past 31 years it takes a lot to gross me out. I'm not very germphobic and I've been covered in and cleaned up just about every combination of body fluid that can come out of a human or animal body. I don't like spitting and or bad breath and nasty teeth. Those are about the only things that make me nauseous and I don't like people sharing whatever I'm drinking.
 lobo65
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2012 4:57:08 PM
I'm a healthcare worker, so it takes a lot to gross me out. I've been puked on, peed on, and crapped on at some points in the past.
 MementoMori32
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/1/2012 5:43:10 PM
Depends on the situation. My biggest issues here would be:

Duckface pics. I don't care how cute you are, you look like an idiot.
Big girls who hold the camera over their head and look up so they can hide their belly and make their cleavage stand out. You aren't fooling anyone.
Women who say they want a guy to treat them like a queen or something similar, but mention how their kids always come first.
Women who have a bunch of sexual pics in their profile but say they are looking for a relationship.
Women who say they don't want a fwb or hook up, then go on to get a fwb or hook up.

In the real world:

People who have no hobbies and always say they're bored.
Women I've dated who can't decide on dinner.
Cell phone or texting addicts.
 scottey63
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2012 6:04:19 PM

Staring at the green light at an intersection, presumably waiting for a prettier shade.

Yes, indeed. Except they're not waiting for a prettier shade, they're busy yacking on the cell phone or texting, because they just can't wait until they get home to decide what's for dinner or send inane text messages to someone.
 warmsmiles56
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/1/2012 7:19:28 PM
[Or even worse, when they've done it, they then look at their fingers and if checking that they are clean !!!! - Ewwww.]

LOL - almost spit out my wine when I read that one :) and love the "tossing back the cigarette" story. I'd love to do that to someone with anything they threw out their window..empty coffee cup, empty cigarette package - "here, you dropped this" I love it
 Casper66
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2012 7:47:10 PM
people who don't say please and thank you or run into the backs of my legs with carts because they are not paying attention. Bad breath, chewing with your mouth open and poor hygiene is just nasty, thou since I've starting working in healthcare not much bothers me anymore.
"tossing back of the cigarette" post was too funny and the equipment adjustment, I saw a guy smell his fingers after doing it, just gross.
 dearsavannah
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/1/2012 8:11:43 PM
Are you really going to get me started?

People who like, totally like, don't like know how to.. you know, like talk.
People who don't understand what sarcasm is and don't know how to pick up on it, online or off.
Religious people who preach the word of God, yet hate everybody and think that they are in the right for telling anybody that they're going to hell.
When somebody wears a shirt that doesn't cover all of their stomach out in public.
When you tell somebody that you just want to be friends and they think that's a code word for them wanting you to keep trying harder to be with them?
How you can't eat a damn poptart without all of the crust flying everywhere.
Walking on tile floors without shoes on and getting a ton of gross particles on your feet, then going into bed and having all of that on your bed.
People who are constantly on their phone when they're with you. I can't stand that. I can understand a text here and there or a call to your mom or something, but constantly texting? It's so unattractive; friend wise or date wise.

Meh. I'll stop.
 fillyphilly
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/1/2012 8:45:21 PM
I always wonder why people who pick their nose (you know who you are) insist on inspecting it. I mean what do you think you're going to find in there? Something new and different? That's always weird to me.
 lynyrd_hatchet
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/1/2012 8:48:47 PM
people that dont pick up their dog sh1t when their dogs goes for a sh1t.
 Acehonestlady
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2012 8:54:33 PM
-wearing sunglasses in all photos
- holding their chin with thumb and forefinger (like Steve Jobs on the cover of his book/ book about him) with a certain look I can't explain on their face. SJ doesn't seem to do 'the look' ut just the thing going on with the finger and thumb on the chin makes me cringe.
- photos of motor bikes (usually Harleys) sprouting between their legs
- telling us they have their own teeth and hair
- the fish thing even if it is Pof- they do it on Match too.
- using cliches like 'carpe diem', 'glass half full' etc
- saying on their profile 'I don't know what to say', '..where to start' etc.
 jojoaus
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 12:53:09 AM
Habits that make me cringe....
Nail biting
Knuckle cracking (though both my daughter and my SO do it!!)
Chewing with mouth open/talking with mouth full (there is a woman at work who does both. She lives alone. I am sure there is a correlation!)
Starting every sentence with 'I'.
Talking over me (because c'mon, what I have to say is much more important than what YOU have to say)
Picking dead skin off your feet in front of me.

Thank you and goodnight :)

Edited to add... Some quirks are kind of funny though. Especially when people get words or sayings wrong. My SO calls sachets satchels!!! And the saying goods and chattels?? He thinks its goods and shackles...... makes me smile :D My ex hubby thought that the saying rich as Croesus was... rich as creases as only the rich would have creases in their pants from being starched and ironed :D And my mum, a very well read woman, thought Cabernet wine was cabinet wine because that is where you kept it!!!
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:23:12 AM
The gum popping and snapping makes me want to punch the person, too. .when someone does that, all I can think is "Jeez, are we still in elementary school?"
Also, when one is in a quiet room and someone eats noisily, making loud smacking, chomping, and chewing noises, that also gets me.
 Vannili
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 5:07:48 AM
People who has no life, and their score is to complained about men who wear baseball caps in their profiles..

One guy I spoke with yesterday told me he wears his hat 99% of the time. I wrote back telling him when I want to kiss someone wearing a hat visor gets in the way ( trully been banged in the forehead by visor.

If I am a guy and a stranger woman would want to KISS me for whatever her reason is ,I 'll ask her
what is it for ? And if I approve for her to kiss me ,she has to make sure that she has a sweet smelling breath....

Sure I'll be banged too if I kiss a guy, with visor hat if his lips is so close to his forhead heheheh!
 Walts
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/2/2012 5:19:04 AM
What are some quirks and habits that make you cringe?

Stupidity and whining. After that, it's all gravy.

saveta
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/2/2012 5:52:19 AM
Spitting in public (makes me want to throw up). Wiping nose on sleeve. Teeth grinding. Gum popping. Linguistic iterative habits (eg telling the same stories again and again, or words repeated without thought or even basic meaning). Men I don't know (eg taxi drivers) calling me "Dear" or "Darling". Grubby hands and unwashed clothing when meeting me for the first time. Snot left unattended on the nose and, maybe more gross, in a unclipped beard. Men and women with massive bellies wearing skimpy singlets and tight pants. Baseball hats worn back to front and baggy pants on fully grown men. Enough of this. It's making me ill.
 colt8301
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/2/2012 7:15:54 AM

I feel most humans are disgusting and act like animals. The average person is a pig.
It makes me cringe when I see someone outside without shoes on.
People who chew with their mouths open.
Public doorknobs creep me out. I won't touch them.
People that don't wash their hands after sneezing or when they arrive home from being outside touching everything and anything.
I cringe when I see sweaty mean on public streets with no shirts on.
People that spit.

Haaaaaa!!!! One of the best damn posts I seen in POF history. We are some filthy sons of ..........lol.
 Walts
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/2/2012 7:19:21 AM
I just thought of another little thing that peeves me off to no end. Going into someone's freezer and finding out they don't have any icecubes for my whiskey!!!!!! Drives me right around the bend, to the corner store.
 want to travel
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:12:23 AM
I guess for me its about basic manners
where did they go
and when did this happen!
people are just plain rude
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:21:54 AM
1. Throwing cigarette butts on the ground, especially in MY yard. I have asked workers to pick their butts up before leaving. How hard would it be to find a suitable location to dispose of a butt?

2. Littering. Do people really think it all going to just disappear? The sides of most roads in the U.S. disgust me. I have read that Singapore is one of the cleanest cities in the world. That's not to say I agree with their methods (caning, etc.), but that aspect of it must be nice. I have stopped at spots that seemed beautiful in state forests, only to look down a ravine and see all of the trash people have discarded.

3. Littering when at the local springs! - These are beautiful, crystal-clear springs adjacent to beautiful rivers. All of the trash eventually ends up in the river during flood stages, and from there into the Gulf of Mexico.

4. People driving in the left lane ("passing" lane) while cars continue to back up behind them.

5. Women putting on too much perfume (none works for me)!! It makes my nose itch. Guys who reek of cologne.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:22:52 AM
I just hate people who constantly criticize others....
 fall-blossom
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/2/2012 11:08:04 AM
Throwing cigarette butts on the ground, especially in MY yard.

One time a guy I was dating dropped me off at home. We talked in my driveway and then he pissed on my grass. I told him he could have used my bathroom and he said he didn't want my kids seeing him. That was a moment that I hoped for a rain cloud to appear.

Going into someone's freezer and finding out they don't have any icecubes for my whiskey!!!!!!

...or going into someone's fridge and finding a 6-pack of coke in there and nothing else.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!