Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 51
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
what about people out walking their dogs, who stop, holding the dog on a leash and let the dog take a big dump on your front lawn, and make no effort to clean it up? then walk away, smiling, sometimes even when they see you seeing them do it?
 FatBottomGirI
Msg: 52
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!
Posted: 6/2/2012 11:55:33 AM
Tobacco chewing- I am mysophobic (germaphobic) and few things gross me out like this habit. I cannot and will not date a guy that chews tobacco. (don't care for smoking either)

Belittling women- any guy that has to tear women down to make himself feel more like a man will be avoided at all costs by me.

Cussing- a cuss word once in a while does not bother me. A guy that cannot communicate without cussing is a turn off. I met a guy like that on here we met in person and his language was awful. It is not appealing and makes me think they have a low IQ or something. Why else would you do this?

Import from UK, I agree with you on the handwashing in the bathroom (sounds like you are a bit mysophobic too btw). When I see women so this makes me want to call them out on it. There should be an alarm that goes off when these women and men walk out of a bathroom without washing hands. That is so gross why why why would you not wash your hands? Ewww
 SexyKG74
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 7:42:21 PM
-When a cashier taps her acrylic nails on the counter as you're getting change out of your wallet as if you're taking up her time...and there's isn't a customer behind you in line.

-Imagine being in the middle of a sales transaction and another customer who is behind you reaches around you to put their money on the counter...and they need change back. I have actually given the money back to the person and said "wait your turn." (Of course not in a nice tone).

-When you're on the subway and you're at the door, ready to get off at the next stop. The door opens, and clearly there are other people ready to get off as well. However, the people who are on the platform waiting to get on the train actually try to rush in as close to a dozen passengers are trying to get off...WTF?!

-When someone pregnant, very elderly, or with an injury gets on a crowded train, and no one offers a seat. People will suddenly close their eyes to pretend they are asleep, or put that "tunnel vision" look on their face. Come on, how do you not notice someone standing in front of you who appears to be 8 months pregnant, or a man who looks to be in his 80s who has difficulty keeping his balance standing on a moving train?!?

-When people who work at fast food places touch their mouth, nose, run their fingers through their hair, or wipe their sweaty brow...and then try to prepare your food. When this happens, I get a refund, don't take the food, and go somewhere else.

-When a man who you do not know stares at you so hard in a public place for long periods of time...he might think he looks sexy doing it, but he actually does NOT...

-When parents think their kids are so cute that they allow them to run/play in a store as if it's a playground...

-When you're at work and someone claims you didn't provide them info about something via email. They will swear up and down when around the higher ups you didn't do it...even conveniently speaking in a louder tone than usual. When you take the email you initially sent to them and re-send it, they react as if you're a b*tch. (Gee, who was the one speaking loudly in a "cover your ass tone" when the Senior VP was around?!)

-People who kiss ass in the workplace...and then talk crap about the very same people they're kissing up to. I'm a firm believer if you strive to meet and exceed what is asked of you, you'll never have to stoop so low.
 LabradorOokpik
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:35:45 PM

How hard would it be to find a suitable location to dispose of a butt?

I have seen people at airports, schools, etc., toss their butts on the ground when there was a cigarette disposal within arm's reach. Talk about lazy!

It also drives me nuts when I go to a public washroom and find that the person before me has not flushed the toilet. Gross! Also, finding pubic hair or pee on the seat. One of the things I miss most from my recent trip to Las Vegas were the toilet seat covers at virtually every public washroom I was in!
 Watermanmax
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/2/2012 10:06:44 PM
perfect people who make lists about others.
 MiraaMan
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/2/2012 11:29:46 PM
Hahaha! Awesome post. I'm definitely guilty of the toothpaste and wet shave thing. But you don't understand -- the water doesn't wash them away! And British accents are hilarious, highly funny, and most certainly amazingly unique. Wait, have we gone on a date? Or more? Uh-oh...
 Beachluvr56
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/3/2012 4:20:55 AM
LOL Watermanmax... you read my mind :)
 rainbowcolors
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:19:42 AM
perfect people who make lists about others.

Nobody has come here claiming to be self righteous and perfect. I will send my brother to you house to pee on your lawn. Glad you won't mind.

It's interesting how lots of us notice other peoples habits. We can sometimes seem unaware, but are aware. A lot of these annoying habits could be avoided if people had more consideration for others and the world we live in.

Thanks for all the contributions. Some were gross, some were funny, and some seemed common. :)

I'm definitely guilty of the toothpaste and wet shave thing.

Maybe your sink is not squeaky clean for those bits of hair to slide down with water. I mean there is probably soap residue, dirt residue, and saliva residue stuck to your sink which acts as an adhesive! And speaking about hair, when I comb mine which is long and sheds in my sink and counter top I get a piece of toilet paper, pick the hair up and throw it out. And...every time I do this it reminds me of when I was in my twenties living with roommates. The one roommate's gf would never pick up her shedded hair after brushing (hers was to her hips) which is why I pick up mine - it drove me nuts cleaning up after her!
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:33:42 AM
And British accents are hilarious, highly funny, and most certainly amazingly unique.

Import's can certainly bring out a smile!

6. Posters who don't actually contribute to the subject at hand. LMAO!

@RainbowColors

7. College roommates who leave dirty dishes everywhere. There were four of us, and three of us ended up putting some of his dishes that had started to attract various organisms under his sheets in his bed.
 Dmaj7
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:40:58 AM
People that use the word literally incorrectly. Example:
"I was just outside and it's literally raining cats and dogs"
FFFFFFFFFFFfffffUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That means if I look out the window I would see cats and dogs splatting all over the place.

And why are people all of a sudden saying "I could care less"?
It's COULDN'T care less.

Don't get me started on pre.
There is no such thing as pre-warning. All warning is done in advance.
There is no such thing as pre-planning. All planning is done in advance.
And you don't have to tell someone to pre-read something before a meeting. It's implied in the fact that it should be read before the meeting.
And stop asking to me to pre-order something before it comes out. It's just redundant.
 SONNI100
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/3/2012 12:00:46 PM
Still laughing, fallblossom.....
 greenIsis777
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/3/2012 3:13:41 PM
guys who can't spell and use language properly
 DeerTaint
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/3/2012 3:25:32 PM
Dmaj7, those are good ones...literally. The "I could care less" bugs me too.

I hate when people spell words wrong and think they are spelled correctly. I see ridiculous spelled rEdiculous a lot. Also, congratulations, I see people spell it congradulations. The word irregardless also annoys me. There is no such word.
 MyHandsHurt
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:18:36 PM
Poor grammar and misspelled words. There, Their, They're now! Your absolutely right (yet wrong at the same time.)
 p_town_girl
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:40:13 PM
people who fart and laugh and are actually proud of the sound and smell....
 ComplekCity
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:44:19 AM

People who pick the food out from their teeth at the table and then casually flick it away somewhere.

Ok, THAT was funny !
 Capn_America
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:51:14 AM
- Girls who shove their feet in my face saying "But I'm a girl, mine don't stink." It's called politeness.
- Any woman who comes out with the "You men" or "Us women" argument
- Girls who can't live without their cellphones. I will not be put second in a relationship where your phone is obviously your better half
- Girls who cower behind me on everything. This includes those who want me to order for them at the restaurants, those who every time they meet my parents will try and pretend they have a lil mouse voice and try and hide, and all likewise behavior.
- Girls who have such an attitude and a loud mouth on them they feel its okay to go beyond the bounds of common etiquette and courtesy. Contrary to popular belief, if you tell me to f*ck off, even if "I was just kidding", I WILL throw you out of the appartement, naked if need be. It's called being polite.
- Princess, or those who think someone the world owes them something. If I start dating someone I realise EXPECTS me to buy or do things for them, I'll pull a David Copperfield and somehow find myself in China.

There, that covers the worst ones. OH, and no lying or cheating. I WILL destroy you.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/24/2012 9:26:32 AM
People who stand RIGHT behind you in line ups - like as if that's going to get you there sooner .

Give me my space !

Aggressive drivers who are right on my ass even though there's no room in the right lane for me to get out of their way - oh so I'm supposed to speed up for YOU your highness ?

Um, nope.
 Heyokah
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/24/2012 9:48:07 AM
Women are not the only ones that play that stupid game met a few of you men out there that could give a lady lessons.
If we do show we have a brain and are capable you call some nasty names or say we are to damn independent !!
 Heyokah
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/24/2012 10:15:13 AM
I saw a bumper sticker not to long ago that I wish I could find for my car it Read:
"If your not a Hemorrhoid what are you doing up my ass ? !"
 Janet_Always
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/24/2012 10:32:32 AM
Little dog people that do the baby talk and dress them up in outfits... that makes me cringe.

My 18-month-old granddaughter saw a little dog on the sidewalk and said "meow?" My son said "yep".
 Choporis
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/24/2012 3:10:27 PM
To me hats hide the way a person looks and of course we all know cover male pattern baldness.

That is so true! Don't trust anyone unless you have seen them without a hat!

-
I can't deal with people that spits or litters on the street, also dislike people who yells or talks loudly in anywhere.
Oh ya, and nostril hair that sticks out makes me feel uneasy :(
 2hotcougar
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/24/2012 4:35:31 PM
people that go out in public looking like have never bathed or used deo and looks like they used a weed wacker to brush thier hair women that show part of thier very dirty bra
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/24/2012 5:16:58 PM
Long dirty finger nails, and people biting finger nail's. Wont get a kiss from me. YUCK
 shy2anne
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/24/2012 6:17:02 PM
after looking over the posts..
yeh, dirty finger nails..there is no excuse!
farting. i know it's a bodily function that sometimes we have no control over..but c'mon. why do SOME men think it's funny or ok to just fart their brains out in front of you? please. try to get a grip (no pun intended)
blowing your nose at the table. whether at home or in a restaurant.
rotted out teeth/bad breath. sorry..i just can't handle it. go to the dentist. i just can't make out with someone who smells bad.
that's it i guess.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!