Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ComplekCity
Msg: 76
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
People who don't control their overly friendly dogs :

" It's ok - he's friendly " , they say

Well, I'm glad he's friendly but I could do without the muddy paw prints on my pants !
 matt051177
Msg: 77
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!
Posted: 7/25/2012 11:01:59 AM
Cheesy office/business clichés:

“at the end of the day”
“going forward”
“all on the same page”
“think outside the box”
“synergies”
The word “utilize”. Sounds fancy, but know that it makes you no smarter than those of us who say “use”.

Others:

“I could care less” – already mentioned, repeated for due emphasis
Incorrect use of the phrase “begs the question”
Your guys’s, as in “let’s meet at your guys’s house”
Pronouncing “across” as “acrosst”
Pronouncing “Jaguar” as “Jag-wire”
Pronouncing “milk” as “melk”
Pronouncing “pillow” as “pellow”
Pronouncing “ask” as “aks”
Mondee, Tuesdee, Wednesdee, Thursdee, Fridee, Saturdee, Sundee
“rate of speed”
Heighth (as in length, width, and heighth)
Supposably
Definately
Loose in place of lose
“what am I suppose to do?”
Would of, could of, should of
“having said that…” or “That being said…”
The dreaded deli menu apostrophe (“Monday Special’s”)
LOL, ROFL, LMAO, ROTFLMAO
Your, you’re and ur being used interchangeably
I Don’t Like When People Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word In A Sentence.
unnecessary use of quotation marks

In PoF profiles:

“I love to hang out with friends” (who doesn’t?)
“I love to laugh” (who doesn’t?)
“I love to try new things” (you’re walking right into a dirty joke…)
“Dance like nobody’s looking” (excruciatingly lame)
“everything happens for a reason” (Thank you, Ms. Fortune Cookie)
Pictures of kids
Pictures where it’s impossible to tell which person in the picture is the profile owner
Pictures that are posted sideways
Pictures of jeeps (See? I’m ONE OF THE GUYS!)
Pictures of pets
Pictures with ex-boyfriend cropped out, but his hairy arm and Casio watch are still visible in the frame
Pictures of women drunk at bachelorette parties wearing hats decorated with plastic d*&ks
 BlueEyesNY80
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2012 11:45:13 AM
1. Women with facial hair
2. Bad dental hygiene
3. Dumb people who think they are smart
4. People who don't use deodorant
5. Kiss-asses
6. low-lives
7. People who believe in nothing
8. Trailer park trash
9. People who abuse children or animals
10. People who don't stand up for they believe in
11. People who believe in stupid shit
12. Women dress slutty, and complain when it gets them negative attention
13. People with bad hygiene
14. Self-centered people
15. Scumbags
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/25/2012 4:35:11 PM
There a couple meetings I went on, that made me cringe. One was a guy that snorted and could hear him swallow, the whole time we were together. The other one, was a guy biting his finger nails, like they were a steak. Both tried to kiss me at the end, They both got the cheek. Guess, it bad habit's people dont even think about.
 RT_2
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/26/2012 7:28:17 PM
Caps protect eyelids. They also protect the skin of men who are blessed with little to no hair on top. Wearing a cap / visor outside is not to hide the natural hairline. Many baseball fans in my region, so ballcaps are a common fashion. A cap / visor also protects fishermen somewhat if a hook comes flying back toward his face.

"Suffering" indeed, eyeroll. Suffering from high testosterone, deep thinking, and clean hygiene (one cause of baldness in men is the hydro friction of taking regular showers). And because most body heat is lost through the top of the head, we suffer the least in this record heat!

My pet peeve is people such as the OP who try to say *why* other people do what they do.
 fall-blossom
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/29/2012 9:28:24 AM

1.) People who think their pet peeves matter.

Pet peeves matter to those who have them.

People who stand RIGHT behind you in line ups - like as if that's going to get you there sooner .

What happened to giving people personal space? A couple of weeks ago I was headed toward customer service as was another person whom increased his gait to get to the counter before me. As the woman served me this man stood right next to me as if we knew one another and it turned out I had to provide personal information for the return. Since this man stood right beside me I asked for a piece of paper to write down my information. When it came time to use the debit machine I was fed up and asked the man to give me space because he was hovering over me. He said, "how much space do you need? One foot, six feet?". A mile would have sufficed here.

I turned around and told the man, "you need to give people space and I couldn't verbalize my personal information because of you (which meant he'd wait longer while I wrote everything down)". He replied, "do you think I care about your personal info?". I said, "I care about it". Anyhow, that incident made me cringe and I am certain there are countless similar stories out there.
 lobo65
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 10:44:50 AM
"people who fart and laugh and are actually proud of the sound and smell...."

Ah, I see you've met my brother. :-)
 NDTfan
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/29/2012 11:17:19 AM

What happened to giving people personal space? A couple of weeks ago I was headed toward customer service as was another person whom increased his gait to get to the counter before me. As the woman served me this man stood right next to me as if we knew one another and it turned out I had to provide personal information for the return. Since this man stood right beside me I asked for a piece of paper to write down my information. When it came time to use the debit machine I was fed up and asked the man to give me space because he was hovering over me. He said, "how much space do you need? One foot, six feet?". A mile would have sufficed here.

Haha, I was in a lineup a few weeks ago and a taller man was standing right behind me and looking over my shoulder. He was so close I could feel his breath on me. 3 or 4 benign texts came in and I could tell he was reading them. So when my cousin texted about my plans for that night I typed "I've love to tell you, but there's a big creepy ***hole reading this over my shoulder". He actually started to tell me off for being "rude".

I can't stand it when people scrape their fork between their teeth as they take a bite. The sound goes through me like nails on a chalkboard. How lazy can a person get?
 That_girl*
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/29/2012 11:42:48 AM
I cant stand that s hit either people standing way to close to you in line especially if they have a cold an they keep coughing its like you can literaly feel the germs landing on you from thier mouth..an YES if you can feel somebodies breath on you..they are way to f ucking close..also the people who have shopping carts an push them right up on you till you can dam near feel the shopping cart wheels touch the back of your ankles...

there is a such thing called personal space or what i would call the personal bubble nobody wants a stranger all in the personal bubble..

major peeve parents who do not control or punish thier child they just let them cry an throw fits in the store or at the movies as if they dont hear them or see them at all mean while everybody in the dam store is staring like WTF?? dont you see your kid/kids running wild tearing up things an throwing tantrums..

now the funny thing is if somebody was to step in an try to address the issue with the child an parent about the bad behavior the parent would probably flip out on the person for even speaking to them or cuss them for trying to advise what they should be doing with thier child an the flip side if you dont control them or punish them somebody eles will..

@ndtfan i cant belive he went off on you about what you where saying in your text obviously he knew he was close enough to read them an invading your space..you should have went off on him or moved away..
 TantricJedi
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/29/2012 12:29:18 PM
Lipstick on your teeth.

So much perfume that you should hang a No Smoking sign around your neck.

Earrings the size of small planets.

Leaving your small planets at my place.

Taking your dog to swim at the apartment pool.

Yelling.

Talking too much.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 2:30:17 PM
plugnplay...au contraire, the bigger the earrings the sexier.

Annoying..Other than people yacking on cell phones?

An otherwise pretty woman who gets her hair cut short.
Tattoos (complete turn off)
People with those car door open beepers

My cat is annoyed by any dog smaller than himself.
 windchymes
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 6:05:51 PM
Inspired by post 85, pronouncing the word "lawyer" like "loy-yer" instead of "law-yer".

And "realtor" like "real-it-tor". It's 2 syllables, not 3.
 suzyq630
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/29/2012 6:20:46 PM
Sun glasses on in all their pics..you really cant tell what a person looks like when they have them on..and i detest the constant wearing of a ball cap!!
 enermai
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/29/2012 7:07:24 PM
Spitting - makes me want to throw up
Chewing with an open mouth
People who cannot use a knife and fork properly
Wearing a regular bra with a tank top (what's wrong with a strapless bra?)
Burping loudly ... anywhere!
People not using "please" and "thank you"
Kids interrupting adult conversations and their parents allowing them to do so
Chewing tobacco users spitting in either a soda bottle or cup .... I have to walk away or I'll puke all over their shoes!
 Jusneedu
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/29/2012 9:30:23 PM
Older men with thier shirts unbuttoned to the waist, and long chain necklaces like back in the disko days.
Combed over hair that's a foot long to cover the bald spot..... Then when the wind blows it looks like a realy bad hair cut... And is......
Long ear and nose hair.
Bad breath, and uncleanliness in general.
Dirty very worn shoes.
Big stinky cigars, or smokers breath in general.
Cheap cologne from the $$$$ Store.
Fingernails on a man longer than mine.
Gosh, I could go on and on here....... lol...
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:14:03 PM
When you think its "only" going to be a fart! oh crap!!!!! ya I know its not a quirk or a habit...thank gawd!!!!
 LoveMyDog55
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:24:18 PM
This is a thread I would like to read when I have more time

One thing that guys do (customers) where I work, how do I even describe it? They've got a sinus load of phlegm and they make that noise!!! So nasty!!!!
 Fleuron
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:26:29 PM
Msg. 103: That’s known as a ‘shart’ ….I learned that lingo from my son.

I think doing that habitually would be for the very very young or the very very old.

Thanks for the laugh. :)
 _shakti_
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:29:44 PM

- And of course, consistently poor speling & gramar drivs me nutts...
Cute, lol..

Those who talk to me like they are imparting something of great value every time we speak, like I should be taking notes and revering their every utterance. Sometimes playing dumb can be fun, but I have my limits.

Those who enjoy discussing endless inanities.. especially when there is a group of them, huddled around the computer extolling the virtues of online shopping and celebrity gossip
 blissfulyogini
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/31/2012 8:06:16 PM
People who hock loogies in the sink and don't rinse the basin.
People who fart in public and take off.
People who stand too close behind you in the grocery line, breathing down your neck.
People who touch food with their hands at the buffet and then put it back.
People who put their hands down their pants in public.
People with Unibrows. Tweezers are at the dollar store.
People who don't wear pit stick on a hot, crowded subway/bus. Gross.
People who belch and try to blow it in your face.
 heypretty
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/31/2012 8:18:25 PM
Funny, all these quirks and habits are about other people. Take a look at yourself. lol I for one am taking notes and going to annoy the hell out of people. YES!
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2012 8:32:17 PM
xsarene;

Kids interrupting adult conversations and their parents allowing them to do so

So true. On the positive side, such a treat when a child is polite in adult company. You want to give the parents tickets for a free getaway weekend .
 moutainbreeze
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/1/2012 12:37:22 AM

People who pick the food out from their teeth at the table and then casually flick it away somewhere.

I have a friend who scratches and picks at her scalp then flicks away whatever it is she scabs off (WTH?? NASTY). The second time she did that in my car and flicked whatever nastiness she scraped away onto the floor of MY car I told her it was disgusting and to stop. Makes me want to throw up. Freaking disgusting behavior. She only tried it one more time. I very seriously told her to stop. I must scare her.. no more monkey grooming in my car.
 blues4me
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 8:58:37 AM
Amen to that sister.
 blues4me
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:06:55 AM
Amen to that sister.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!