Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrPatient1101
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I had a woman tell me once that when I drink I swallow too loud. So here I am trying to swallow quietly and I nearly choked.

Gum smacking and popping, hate it.

When a girl twiddles her hair constantly....

Saying "Like" over and over and over..Like really?? lol

When a woman tells me on a first date... "I dont put out for at least two months" (or any time frame so to speak) I tend to think I am experienced enough to get a feel for when the time is right...and assuming I dont have standards of my own is ...meh.

just a few....of many lol
 phoenix_55
Msg: 102
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!
Posted: 8/1/2012 11:18:02 AM
People with too much saliva ... the kind that looks sticky on their lips and strings up and down as they talk ... it makes me nauseous thinking about it. Oh, and snot rockets. My ex was always slinging snot out of his nose without the benefit of a kleenex ... truly disgusting and horrifying. And last, but not least, stale cigarettes and cheap perfume.

I could go on, but I might vomit ...
 scpumkinfan
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/1/2012 6:12:01 PM
People who think irregardless is an actual word. Proper english and grammar is a must with me.
 Maleman999
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/1/2012 7:01:49 PM
Smokers who think sidewalks, roads, parks and any walkways or trails are ashtrays. Places littered with cigarette are an eye sore, but smokers see nothing wrong with it. Smokers think it's their God given right to litter the ground with cigarette butts.
 _shakti_
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:23:21 PM
idaddict:
People with too much saliva ... the kind that looks sticky on their lips and strings up and down as they talk ... it makes me nauseous thinking about it. Oh, and snot rockets. My ex was always slinging snot out of his nose without the benefit of a kleenex ... truly disgusting and horrifying. And last, but not least, stale cigarettes and cheap perfume.

I could go on, but I might vomit ...
Hahahahaha that made me laugh sooo hard, as I could totally picture and smell all of it, lol..
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/2/2012 2:21:45 AM

People who refer to famous people by their first names like they know them personally. Blacks who think just cuz they're black, that they can automatically dance or sing like a movie star. People who think if I advertize something for sale, for "$2000.00 FIRM", that they can buy it for less than what I said, by saying, "I'll give you......", Then I have to say, "No dumbfukker, you will give me what I told you, not what you think you will." People who talk about how fast a car they used to have was, but have no pictures or proof of how fast it was. People who don't wash their hands after the bathroom. Women who refer to themselves as a 'big beautiful woman'. Big is a reference to 'large', not 'fat', so are you telling me that you're 12 feet tall and 750 pounds, but you're perfectly proportioned like a model? People who try to sing songs that they have no frickin' clue what the words are. People who don't understand the correct rules of driving. People who think that a certain brand of 'whatever' is the only one to have. People who smoke and say, "I need to quit" or "I want to quit", but never even try. They just make bullshit excuses. People who assume it's ok to smoke in someone elses car or house. People who think that just because they love their cat or dog, that you're supposed to love it too. People who try to get you to eat a certain food that they made and refuse to tell you what's in it, and they just keep saying, "Just try it, you'll like it." Then they get upset when you never try it, and they say how it tastes like chicken. People who try to get you to do something that they want done, but are either too lazy, or don't have the balls to do it. People who assume that just because you have a truck, trailer, or tools, that they can automatically borrow them. People who try to recruit you into doing some chore for someone else without even asking you if you're interested. People who think it's ok to bring a baby or small child to a restraunt and when the kid starts bawling or having a fit, everyone else is supposed to act like it's no big deal. I just get up and leave without paying, and don't care. People who refer to their kids' determination as if they were the best in the world, by saying, "When he or she makes up their mind to do something, they do it." The truth is that your kid is no different than any other kid and no-one is impressed. People who play loud stupid rap in their cars to try to be cool, and it never works. People who ride Harleys and think that they are automatically a bad-ass, or so cool when they wear a bunch of trashy gay-ass clothes. People who think that they have to have the latest version of any computer, cell phone, or whatever. People who say talk about being on a phone call "long distance" like they are talking to the fukin' president, or like they had to walk all the way. People who brag about the amount of alchohol they 'claim' to have drank, or how drunk they got. People who think that their own daughters sexuality is more precious or sacred than the next girl down the street, when in reality, they are all the same. People who think if you work on a 2nd or 3rd shift job, that you should go home and go to sleep right away. So you can keep the same hours they do. People who think they can stifle your "freedom of speech", cuz they don't like the words you use.

Soo...basically 2/3 of the American population then...
 MrPatient1101
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2012 6:54:14 AM
I have plenty...I don't cringe, I just want to slap the shit out of them.

People who refer to famous people by their first names like they know them personally.
Blacks who think just cuz they're black, that they can automatically dance or sing like a movie star.
People who think if I advertize something for sale, for "$2000.00 FIRM", that they can buy it for less than what I said, by saying, "I'll give you......", Then I have to say, "No dumbfukker, you will give me what I told you, not what you think you will."
People who talk about how fast a car they used to have was, but have no pictures or proof of how fast it was.
People who don't wash their hands after the bathroom.
Women who refer to themselves as a 'big beautiful woman'. Big is a reference to 'large', not 'fat', so are you telling me that you're 12 feet tall and 750 pounds, but you're perfectly proportioned like a model?
People who try to sing songs that they have no frickin' clue what the words are.
People who don't understand the correct rules of driving.
People who think that a certain brand of 'whatever' is the only one to have.
People who smoke and say, "I need to quit" or "I want to quit", but never even try. They just make bullshit excuses.
People who assume it's ok to smoke in someone elses car or house.
People who think that just because they love their cat or dog, that you're supposed to love it too.
People who try to get you to eat a certain food that they made and refuse to tell you what's in it, and they just keep saying, "Just try it, you'll like it." Then they get upset when you never try it, and they say how it tastes like chicken.
People who try to get you to do something that they want done, but are either too lazy, or don't have the balls to do it.
People who assume that just because you have a truck, trailer, or tools, that they can automatically borrow them.
People who try to recruit you into doing some chore for someone else without even asking you if you're interested.
People who think it's ok to bring a baby or small child to a restraunt and when the kid starts bawling or having a fit, everyone else is supposed to act like it's no big deal. I just get up and leave without paying, and don't care.
People who refer to their kids' determination as if they were the best in the world, by saying, "When he or she makes up their mind to do something, they do it." The truth is that your kid is no different than any other kid and no-one is impressed.
People who play loud stupid rap in their cars to try to be cool, and it never works.
People who ride Harleys and think that they are automatically a bad-ass, or so cool when they wear a bunch of trashy gay-ass clothes.
People who think that they have to have the latest version of any computer, cell phone, or whatever.
People who say talk about being on a phone call "long distance" like they are talking to the fukin' president, or like they had to walk all the way.
People who brag about the amount of alchohol they 'claim' to have drank, or how drunk they got.
People who think that their own daughters sexuality is more precious or sacred than the next girl down the street, when in reality, they are all the same.
People who think if you work on a 2nd or 3rd shift job, that you should go home and go to sleep right away. So you can keep the same hours they do.
People who think they can stifle your "freedom of speech", cuz they don't like the words you use.

So what your saying is, your a loner?

Why are you so angry? It's ok you can tell us.
 Ginger1217
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/2/2012 7:02:35 AM
Men's profile where they can't spell.
Men who write saying something dumb for
No reason. One wrote "I have to poop." I blocked
His butt real quick.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/2/2012 9:05:29 AM

One wrote "I have to poop." I blocked
His butt real quick.

I know my humor is often different then other people but I can't be the only one who sees what's so funny about this,can I?
 justgowithit74
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/2/2012 9:13:43 AM
Ok here we go:

Profile pics of guys wearing sunglasses who are indoors
*It doesn't make you look cool or edgy..

Profile pics of guys with no shirt on
* Yes most of you look nice and should be very proud of that. But let's not make it
the focus of who you are. I wanna get to know you, not your abs( yet)
 Jaimes004
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/2/2012 9:23:16 AM

One wrote "I have to poop." I blocked
His butt real quick.
I know my humor is often different then other people but I can't be the only one who sees what's so funny about this,can I?

I wonder what she used to block it! A finger? An old buggs bunny/elmer fudd cartoon comes to mind......
 KittyTandiƱo
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/2/2012 10:42:11 AM

I love you! lmfao!
 Greg19899
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/2/2012 10:49:30 AM
I'm with Dino above..good call.
 FishOwl
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/2/2012 9:04:41 PM
Now just what makes you believe - I'll leave thinking out of this - that whether a man is bald, or shaves his head, makes him a better person or not?

Banged in the head by visors. Another crisis. Unable to remove a hat or request it be done.

See why I left thinking out?

BTW, I have plenty of hair on my head, even chemotherapy couldn't change that. Unfortunately.
 JoseMadre
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/3/2012 10:32:11 AM
This thread could really use a "THUMBS UP" symbol next to the replies. You all should write a book.
 willowgrrl
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/3/2012 12:06:00 PM
Men who don't post pictures of themselves (zero) then ask me over the phone, what my body looks like. Then become abusive when I refuse to discuss.

Men who use the C & B words when describing every date they have been on, and all their ex-wives. Do they think we will even drive by them when they have such hatred and bitterness within?

Men who invite me to lunch, dinner, then cancel at the last minute.

Men who invite me to lunch, dinner, then let the check sit on the table for ages. Worlds record? 2 hours.

Men who rub their crotches unconsciously, constantly, and/or yank their penises in public. Good God!

Comb overs - ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Men who call 45 times a day (worlds record, 65 times a day) before meeting, seeking to control, control, control. Until the squad car rolls up outside their mothers homes and they are busted.

Men who send death threats after being turned down for a phone call (more squad cars).

Marrieds who stalk single women.

Men who say "was" as in; "we was walkin' & spittin' down the street."

Men who try and get into my apartment by saying; I have something for you, I brought you something, I have to use the bathroom soooo bad, I want to give you a backrub, I want to help you, I want to cook for you, blah, blah, rape, rape.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2012 12:22:07 PM
willowgirl...that's quite the list. One assumes most people are decent so how many hundreds of guys do you go through to get these multiple negative experiences?
 onlydateIF
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/3/2012 11:23:54 PM
Oh, left out a couple...I agree with those irked by strangers in your personal space. Also incessant talkers with no off button, and, top of the list drummers, seat kickers and pen clickers at training workshops that you have to be stuck near for days.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/4/2012 7:54:10 PM
rainbowcolors- Good topic, you got us talking :)
Mine:
Cell phone idiots- You know them: they will answer calls on a date, no matter who it is or how many times it rings. Also, I'm hard of hearing, and when I can hear everything (when EVERYONE can hear what you are saying), you are talking too loud!
Me, me, me- Don't try to talk about yourself or anything going on in the world, if it doesn't have to do with them, it's not worth talking about.
Double standards- I don't want you to do it, but I can (Not!).
Basic lack of manners/self control- Gum poppers; PLEASE keep your gum to yourself, just because you think it doesn't mean you should share it (honesty, yes. NO filter, no), if you make the mess, you clean it up, drinking and driving; NOT good,etc.
Too quiet- Beyond shy, you can't pry a conversation out of this type.
Flirty birds- They don't respect themselves much less you, they will flirt right in front of you with everyone.
 FireMon
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2012 8:52:12 PM
People who shuffle their feet.

"hi how r u" & "hey sup"
 Fleuron
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/4/2012 9:17:18 PM
Whiners who do nothing for themselves but expect change make me cringe.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/4/2012 9:31:22 PM
What really grates on my nerves are members of the opposite sex that assign certain personality traits (many of them negative) to someone they've never even had a conversation with---based purely on their profile photos.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/4/2012 11:56:46 PM
Why would you limit that to members of the opposite sex Halcyon. I think women are just as guilty of that as men are. Like it or not life, dating and the forums are full of judgements made for or against another person based on very little information.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/5/2012 9:01:33 AM
Why would you limit that to members of the opposite sex Halcyon. I think women are just as guilty of that as men are. Like it or not life, dating and the forums are full of judgements made for or against another person based on very little information.

Dino, I meant my statement to be applicable to both genders, or I would have specifically stated "men". I realize you are correct. However, if one has made the judgment that one is not interested in a person based on their photos, I would think one would simply move on to the next profile. Wouldn't you?

Instead, they contact the person and make unsolicited remarks, e.g. "I'll bet you're a high-maintenance beotch." That was an example of what I was making reference to.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/5/2012 9:11:56 AM
Yes I think it's rather odd that someone would go out of thier way to send a negative message to someone. I suppose it's just thier way of venting in what they see as a rather harmless way ( harmless from a sense of a lack or any repercussion to themselves I suppose ).

It really is no different than the jerks ( of both sexes ) who take out thier frustrations on people who work in the service industry - no I'm not talking about prostitutes specifically but you could include them as part of the service industry if you like.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!