Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
He wrote 'I have to poop'.
I blocked his butt real quick.

Oh my god I'm still laughing.
And...yes...still laughing. Can't even click the post button yet.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 127
Quirks & habits that make me cringe!
Posted: 8/5/2012 1:08:44 PM
Well, since we're counting people that are offline, as well as perfect strangers---I also have an issue with people who are sitting in their cars at traffic lights and diligently digging in their nostrils, as if they were invisible.

Edit: vvvvvv Now I know why so many drivers are getting tinted windows.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/5/2012 1:23:05 PM

---I also have an issue with people who are sitting in their cars at traffic lights and diligently digging in their nostrils, as if they were invisible

Especially when they insist it was a scratch and not a pick when someone calls them on it!
 Ida_B_Wells
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/5/2012 1:47:33 PM
Intolerance. Puts a dint in understanding.
 AF2013
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/5/2012 1:59:24 PM
saggy pants, gold teeth, foot long nails... wait... make that anything ghetto!
 LoveMyDog55
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/5/2012 2:02:56 PM
^^^ YES! Anything and everything ghetto! The biggest ghetto turn off is rudeness
 HiHeelsLover
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/5/2012 2:19:55 PM
what's up (REALLY what am I, 12?)
Send me a picture, so I can get a better look at you. (REALLY???? WHAT am I 12????)
Dont worry I like older women. (WHO ASKED YOU?)
You have to compromise and try some things he likes. (try as in I have never seen a basketball, football or base ball game in MY LIFE ; growing up in TEXAS)
I have never been with a black girl before (and I shall help out by making sure your record stands)
Dont worry I am not kind of man who cheats on his woman (DUDE if you tell me this it means YOU cheat)

Fat guys who only want to date women who diet and work out.
Women who fake being interested in other women for men.
People who only see one side of a subject.
People who want the whole world to act and look like them.
 VE5
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2012 9:02:51 PM
matt051177
I like your list!
 HiHeelsLover
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/5/2012 9:10:41 PM

People who refer to famous people by their first names like they know them personally.
Blacks who think just cuz they're black, that they can automatically dance or sing like a movie star.
People who think if I advertize something for sale, for "$2000.00 FIRM", that they can buy it for less than what I said, by saying, "I'll give you......", Then I have to say, "No dumbfukker, you will give me what I told you, not what you think you will."
People who talk about how fast a car they used to have was, but have no pictures or proof of how fast it was.
People who don't wash their hands after the bathroom.
Women who refer to themselves as a 'big beautiful woman'. Big is a reference to 'large', not 'fat', so are you telling me that you're 12 feet tall and 750 pounds, but you're perfectly proportioned like a model?
People who try to sing songs that they have no frickin' clue what the words are.
People who don't understand the correct rules of driving.
People who think that a certain brand of 'whatever' is the only one to have.
People who smoke and say, "I need to quit" or "I want to quit", but never even try. They just make bullshit excuses.
People who assume it's ok to smoke in someone elses car or house.
People who think that just because they love their cat or dog, that you're supposed to love it too.
People who try to get you to eat a certain food that they made and refuse to tell you what's in it, and they just keep saying, "Just try it, you'll like it." Then they get upset when you never try it, and they say how it tastes like chicken.
People who try to get you to do something that they want done, but are either too lazy, or don't have the balls to do it.
People who assume that just because you have a truck, trailer, or tools, that they can automatically borrow them.
People who try to recruit you into doing some chore for someone else without even asking you if you're interested.
People who think it's ok to bring a baby or small child to a restraunt and when the kid starts bawling or having a fit, everyone else is supposed to act like it's no big deal. I just get up and leave without paying, and don't care.
People who refer to their kids' determination as if they were the best in the world, by saying, "When he or she makes up their mind to do something, they do it." The truth is that your kid is no different than any other kid and no-one is impressed.
People who play loud stupid rap in their cars to try to be cool, and it never works.
People who ride Harleys and think that they are automatically a bad-ass, or so cool when they wear a bunch of trashy gay-ass clothes.
People who think that they have to have the latest version of any computer, cell phone, or whatever.
People who say talk about being on a phone call "long distance" like they are talking to the fukin' president, or like they had to walk all the way.
People who brag about the amount of alchohol they 'claim' to have drank, or how drunk they got.
People who think that their own daughters sexuality is more precious or sacred than the next girl down the street, when in reality, they are all the same.
People who think if you work on a 2nd or 3rd shift job, that you should go home and go to sleep right away. So you can keep the same hours they do.
People who think they can stifle your "freedom of speech", cuz they don't like the words you use.

HOW do you make it through the day with out committing mass murder??? OR is that your next step???
 HiHeelsLover
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/6/2012 11:42:05 AM
Men who say let's hang out (what are we 12??????)
Men who assume they are sexually attracted to me so I must feel the same way about them.
OVER weight men who only want to date women who work out.
After you reject a guy he say A. NO wonder you are single at 46 (hello dude you are older than me AND single.) B. You are going to be single for ever. (if I dont settle for a man just because he is interested then I will always be single?????)
 Wonder5750
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2012 12:00:13 PM
don't care much for double standards or abuse.

Some of these posts freak me out more that anything guys have done on dates and such.
But I am really starting to understand a lot about people. lol
 Capn_America
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/6/2012 1:38:12 PM
Most people know how I am with germs from other people so they are cool about not touching my food, but some people are clueless.
"Oh that burger looks awesome what is that chicken? " **Grabs the bun and looks at my chicken sandwich*** SERIOUSLY? WTF.
Or at a dinner, they insist on grabbing my pizza or cake for me, and touch it all over while doing so, usually after petting a dog or something.

That whole thing actually makes me laugh. And happy my folks taught me manners. Cos for me the funny part isnt the fact that men apparently do all the above, its the fact that they are ACTUALLY reaching into plates or otherwise "private properties" of ladies who at this point are basically complete strangers and thinking that that`s fine. My ex had the nasty habit of trying anything that was lying around on my plate without asking me until at one point I slapped her hand and said `Like you know....F*** OFF! I don`t play around on your plate and don`t fondle your breasts in front of everyone either, so I`d appreciate if you kept what`s yours as yours and what`s mine as mine, unless you have the politeness to ASK ME first.".
Needless to say she was insulted LOL. But I mean come ON. Where do people get the sense that it`s okay to DO these things? Ever been in high class restaurants and see a husband with his spoon fondling his wife`s crème de Brocoli to see if it`s "hot enough"?
People need to learn manners again. Slowly but surely its a dying phenomenon....

Guys who do this:
Me: "I am not interested in a relationship, we are just not compatible"
his response "can we be friends?"
Me: "sure"
him: "That's cool, And being friends first is the best way for us to begin a real relationship"
me: "No, you're not getting it.

Gwaha, that`s classic stuff too.I used to think I was single this long because I was nutz or something. No, it`s just that I`m too picky, THANK GOD! :devil:
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:07:12 PM
hehehehe...I am glad I read one more forum before closing out.
This was pretty funny. And i think good for all who wrote in. LOTS of venting!!
Good stuff!!

I am not gonna give a long list, but I am a bit of a hygiene freak. I dont like public bathrooms. I see things happen in there that have scared me...and any of the aforementioned filthy habits.

One I did not notice, I had a boss who was a clean and very polished guy. Had excellent manners and all class.
BUT as insane as this is, he did it all the time. You would be talking with him and he would pull some "thing" off his body/face or head and eat it!! I mean not even try to hide it! Not comment on its flavor or size or anythinbg just eat it and keep talking to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well on to dinner!
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/6/2012 4:37:22 PM
^^^ Dinner?! EEEEK, now I don't want dinner after reading about your boss. Oh. My. Gawd.

I guess if I wanted to try a new diet, I could just re-read that post, and all thoughts of food would go right out of my head. :barf:
 OldSpice48
Msg: 140
Posted: 8/8/2012 4:44:01 PM
As a guy, things that bother me are:

- Women with bad breath, although that's only happened with one woman. I thought maybe it was just that night, but the next time I saw her it was the same! I couldn't bring myself to make any advances with her, & let it fizzle out.

- Women who go out in public with dirty feet... while they're wearing flip flops or sandals.

- Too much make-up on a woman. I'd actually prefer NO make-up on a woman, but that's rare.

- Really long fingernails, or fake nails

- Nail polish on a woman, except the clear laquer stuff.

- Women who think they're dressed "sexy", but in fact look like tarts... (again, the red nail polish, long nails, too much makeup, tacky tart clothing instead of something fun but tasteful)

- Women with boob jobs / fake boobs... they don't bounce naturally, they look like they're stretched tight & taut, & they also feel fake - hard.

- Tight clothes on an overweight woman, especially the types of clothes that have elastic waistbands etc so they create these multiple bulges... eeewww!

- Overpowering perfume, or "chemically" smelling perfume.

-Women with too much jewellry.

- One or two sentence replies when I've sent a woman a message I've put some thought into.

- Woman who are sunworshippers, who lie in the sun & don't seem to get that they're destroying their future looks, just like a cigarette smoker...

- Cigarette smokers. I can actually tell with 95% accuracy who smokes just by looking at a woman's profile photos. They don't seem to realize that once they get in their mid 30's to 40's, their history of smoking ages their skin (face especially) by a good ten years. They have that "smoker's look" - prematurely wrinkled, an unhealthy pallor, dried out hair, & sunken cheekbones. Smoking dries out your skin, as does suntanning.

- Yappy little dogs (the only thing they're good for is making bright coloured flames in the fireplace, like those special logs you used to be able to buy...)

-Smelly shower curtains, facecloths, towels., & dishcloths. You're supposed to WASH them!

-Using the same rag for washing dishes & wiping the counter... unsanitary.

-Using the dish drying towels as a hand towel... unsanitary!

-Eating greasy finger food & then touching you without washing their hands first.

- Those cars with the loud bass speakers... ridiculous.

-Women who don't put the toilet seat back up after.

-Women who use cannister vacuums instead of uprights - it's like dragging a huge club foot around. I wouldn't even have an intimate encounter with a woman who owns one of those.

-And of course, consistently poor speling & gramar drivs me nutts...
 _diamond_in_the_rough_
Msg: 141
Posted: 8/8/2012 5:01:10 PM
Hahaha, another funny thread!!

-gum chompers (includes blowing bubbles)
-people who talk with their mouth full
-people with terrible, ear piercing laughs
-PDA that's way over the top while making kissing sounds...ewwwwww!
-poor english, spelling& grammar
-spitting in public...ewwwww!
-guys who bite their fingernails
-orange tans and bleached hair

Just to name a few, lol.
 Maleman999
Msg: 142
Posted: 8/8/2012 7:06:54 PM
People who take their cell phones with them to the bathroom. You never know if you're going to get an earth shattering text while taking a dump or piss. And for people who text while in the bathroom, what do you say in the text: "Hi. I'm in the middle of taking a dump and thought of you. howz it goin".
 InMyOwnTime25
Msg: 143
Posted: 8/8/2012 8:36:57 PM
This wouldn't happen much on meets, but when people lick their finger to turn pages, it DRIVES ME CRAZY!! I don't need someone's spit on the page.. they say it makes it easier to turn the page but I find it easy enough to turn pages just using my fingers, with NO SPIT.
 dancelaughsmile
Msg: 144
Posted: 8/8/2012 9:56:45 PM
What comes to mind first would be those who lick their fingers while eating,people who constantly use the words huh and uuh. Those who must consult other's before ordering a beverage or entree'.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 145
Posted: 8/8/2012 10:20:56 PM
You never know if you're going to get an earth shattering text while taking a dump or piss

Maybe thier friends are so in tune with thier every move that they need an update on colour, texture, duration, flow and an estimate on quantitiy.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 146
Posted: 8/8/2012 10:36:39 PM

Maybe thier friends are so in tune with thier every move that they need an update on colour, texture, duration, flow and an estimate on quantitiy.

There's always the cell phone camera for that. Just point down and click.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 147
Posted: 8/8/2012 11:27:15 PM

EDIT - Oh and those who try and do a British accent when conversing with me and think they are highly funny and amazingly unique.

Ha! You should see them try to do an Australian accent, even Meryl Streep got it wrong! (A din-go took my bay-bee!) ouch.

I would certainly not try to imitate my American or Canadian friends, Poms, however, are fair game!
 Fleuron
Msg: 148
Posted: 8/9/2012 10:03:56 AM

Ha! You should see them try to do an Australian accent, even Meryl Streep got it wrong! (A din-go took my bay-bee!) ouch.

I like her fake accent better than Sam Neill.

I can’t stand the lame-os on TV trying to do Mainer accents…oh the horror.

And….Anybody who thinks they’re funny and waits for you to laugh. Just give it up.

Making statements that end on a high note like a question. That makes me violent.
 That_girl*
Msg: 149
Posted: 8/9/2012 5:20:45 PM

atasteof_lace
People who want to have several long conversations before sending a photo. I don't care if you think I'm shallow, there are hundreds of people who have photos, if I'm not physically attracted AND attracted to your personality I won't be happy with you. Everyone likes certain things about a body or someone's look, even my blind friend has to know what a girl looks like in general, by feeling her shape, but if he could look at a photo he would too. We all like what we like. I don't like some guys who are apparently very sexy to all other women. I have weird taste

"I have photos, but I don't want you to judge me by them, let's talk and meet". No. This makes me picture a five hundred pound guy with the crazy eyes of a serial killer.

"Yes I have photos" "Can I see them?" "Yeah are you going to send me yours?"
"Mine are on my profile, you don't have any"
"Send more of you and I'll send you some, let's trade"
"Mine are on my profile"
"Send more"
Why do I need to break out a camera and take more pictures, just to get the ONE initialphoto of a person

i have lost count of how many times ive had that exact same conversation the guy with no photos or 1 bad blurry old pic keeps wanting to see more an more,,an everytime you ask for some of him he has a 1,000 excuses why he cant an why not or the classic this is the only 1 i have.YA RITE!!

also the oh come on just meet me i promise you wont be dissapointed line..

ive found that the older men are the ones you sometimes have to fight with more tooth an nail just to get 1 recent pic or even asking to see some what of a full lenght shot,,like ok i see the top of your head an the bottom of your chin your wearing a hat an sun glasses..seriously what does the rest of you an your eyes look like...
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 150
Posted: 8/9/2012 5:56:48 PM

That makes me violent.

And we wouldn't want that.....

HOW do you make it through the day with out committing mass murder??? OR is that your next step???

That was the first thing that popped into my head too after reading that fellows rant.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Quirks & habits that make me cringe!