Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Has "your type" evolved over time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VoxClamantis
Msg: 26
Has your type evolved over time?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
When I was younger it was all about teh big B00bieZ. There was no such thing as too big. For me, the alphabet began at "C" .

What happened to those peaks of grandeur after childbearing, nursing, and forty years of gravity is the stuff of a Stephen King movie. I now appreciate the Bite-Size Mounds

Indescribably delicious....
 trgtdrone
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Has your type evolved over time?
Posted: 6/6/2012 12:18:44 PM
After two marriages both lasting almost 30 years combined, I don't know what I'm looking for, except just plain bloody honesty.
 realmofthought
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/10/2012 6:50:11 PM
I would say that elegance and grace are impervious to evolution ... a woman of simple beauty combined with sense of self will always be attractive to me.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/18/2013 12:10:07 PM
Not really. I've always been attracted to tall, brainy, HWP, and articulate. Everything else depends on how the whole package (not that you pervs) fits together.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/18/2013 12:27:33 PM
^^ Ok, so my type has "matured" from 5'8" when I was 7 years old to 6'2"+ since I've been 15 years old. If I matured any more then my type would be 8'+ and there wouldn't be any men who fit my type.

"Type" and "maturity" are not necessarily causally connected.
 ForumFiona
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/18/2013 1:56:06 PM

If your type doesn't evolve over time... you are not maturing.
Then apparently I am not maturing lol.

I never had a specific type or 'the one'.. just a preference that he be male and could carry a conversation, preferably with a sense of humor. And knew what he wanted and was honest. And wasn't bi or gay, wore funny clothing or acted weird. Blonde hair, brown hair, no hair, even dated a redhead (never found out if his curtains and drapes matched but I suspect they did), Beards, sideburns, moustache, short or tall, masculine or 'metro', Catholic or Jewish, caucasion or other, etc. those kinds of didn't matter to me back then and not much today either.
 Proteaus
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/18/2013 7:14:27 PM
To Opp : Thinking most of the women I would consider my type are almost gone . Somewhere over the last few decades they were changed somehow or pacified , take your pick . The type of women you refer to , the very feminine women , are few and far between , like nice guys they too are going extinct .
 traveltrekker
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/18/2013 7:59:52 PM

If your type doesn't evolve over time... you are not maturing.

Not necessarily.
If one's "type" is the right type from the beginning, it doesn't need to evolve, since one was mature enough to have the right type from the beginning.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2013 10:50:28 PM
Why does my "type" have to EVOLVE?

Does it make my any less mature to still find athletic, fit, toned women exceptionally attractive?
If I still enjoy witty repartee am I now immature?
If a woman of education and/or intelligence (i.e., not formal schooling ) floats my boat as it did 30 years ago have I not grown?

What has changed over the years is that I don't hold women to physical standards or ideals I had 30-40 years ago - women in their 40's and 50's do not look like young women in the their 20's. (And might I add, I don't either!)
What hasn't changed is my desire for engagement, intelligence, inquisitiveness, joie de vivre, etc., the qualities that can make the physical aspect so much fun.

TK
 curviest
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2013 4:39:09 AM
I'm in my fifties and the main thing that has changed for me is that when I was in my teens I thought it was really cool for a guy to be bisexual. It was tail end of the hippie, free love era, the time of Marc Bolan and David Bowie and androgynous men who dabbled with other men were hip.

Now if I see on a man's profile on a dating site that he is bi, I would not touch him with a barge pole!
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/19/2013 7:03:19 AM
Not really - I still like fun foreign girls with cute accents. The country of landing may have changed (France, Korea, Japan, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine - Brazil ) but it is still the interesting foreign girl that is interested in me back. I see no reason to ever change it. (the alternative being cold, distant, apathetic locals that are passive aggressive ?!!? may I never 'mature' into liking or being that)
 c_deacon
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2013 8:45:02 AM
When young and experimenting with girls, we were all in the same mode of growing up, getting an education, finding a stable job, etc., and what I wanted back then and there, was "lust"; that ever present chemistry that attractive females seem to stimulate in both of my brains.....;)

Now I prefer women over girls, and life experiences have matured me and made me much more educated in the field of "lust", "desire", and "chemistry". My education is complete, my occupation stable, my finances in order, and now I do not seek, but rather, let nature take its course finding others with similar attitudes, experiences, education, and financial stability. The "lust" is still there, but much more controlled by my large brain and not dictated by that horny smaller one!!

So, hopefully we have all evolved over time with life handing us all those opportunities to experience and learn the lessons of the opposite sex, life, and relationships, on all levels, and in all ways!

cd
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2013 5:52:21 PM
I've always been (physically) attracted to the same type. Height 5'7 - 5'9, dark brown hair, normal to athletic build and green or blue eyes. No, this is not my daddy. I don't know where I acquired this preference.

I was in my late 20's before I dated someone taller than that, and low thirties before dating someone with brown eyes. It wasn't until my late 30's that I enjoyed discovering the difference in body types and not until age 44 that I dated someone with light hair (hey, nothing personal, but if you look like my brother I just can't do it :).

This is my current fascination

How one moves is far more important to me now.

I am mesmerized, sometimes to the point of tears, watching the beauty of a certain thin and graceful male body move.

So to answer your question, physically, no, I don't think my type has changed. When I dated someone different from my type it was for reasons other than immediate physical attraction.

I still find my self attracted to the same type (eg., if I walked into a bar, or more so now, my child's school events) I still notice that same type first. I think it's probably some type of learned association.

I will occasionally notice someone with the same body type as someone I dated who was different from my norm eventually.
 DameWrite
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2013 9:39:27 PM
I would be happy with a guy who is mature yet stills finds joy in life. I haven't found him but it's been fun and not so fun trying.

I think that basically it's all I've ever wanted.
 DragonBits
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/21/2013 8:32:48 PM
Typically I am most attracted to a type that is a different type from the last woman I had a relationship with. Usually that means culturally different, thought often they were physically different and their pesonalities were different.

Now I am married, but if I ever had to date again, I would look for a specific personality, though likely I would still be more attracted to a culture / nationality I had not previously dated.

In general I like to date interesting women.
 completelyhappy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2013 4:30:30 PM
I thought you meant your type as in you.

Everyone changes completely every 7 years so of course the basic image of what you want is going to change also.
blessings.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/11/2013 6:18:04 AM

Yes...he's gotten older

:) We all get older :)
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/11/2013 9:24:42 AM
^^^^So how has your outdated thinking worked for you in ANY relationship department? Were you on dating sites all along or is it something you "changed to" over the last three weeks?
 traveltrekker
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/11/2013 10:34:41 AM

Everyone changes completely every 7 years

Say what??

So, at ages 7, 14, 21, 28, etc., we instantly become completely different people?

Then I'm still hoping for the transformation into a 6' 2" GQ model with 10 million dollars in the bank.

(scratching head over that one)
 ladyc4
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/11/2013 10:45:39 AM

As the world goes on, I am more convinced than ever that my way is the right way and is our only hope of salvation from the maladies of society.

So, if that works so wll for you, why are you on an internet dating site? Shouldn't you be happy as a single man and trust the Lord to provide you with womanly companionship if He deems it appropriate?

You rail against women who don't wear very concealing clothes, you lecture us on morality...
sounds to me like a guy who couldn't get a date if he rode a tornado thru a calendar factory, so he's gonna find an internet soapbox to preach about his sour grapes?
OT
No, I have always been attracted to intelligent men with a good sense of humor, men who aren't stuck in a rigid school of thought( but yet have good basic values)
That will never change.
Cindy O
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/11/2013 1:18:52 PM
^^^^LOL! Hundreds of thousands of Ordained Christian Ministers around the globe find wives and with your attitude you can't get a date, lmfao.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2013 3:06:17 PM

Today women are parading around the beaches in thongs where they don't belong, and in Boardrooms where they also don't belong

We don't belong on beaches? Really?

I guess barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen is about the only place you'd find acceptable for us, am I right?
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/11/2013 3:37:47 PM
Guess who's running General Motors now Joe, that's gotta hurt bad, lmao again. You should send her a message from your soap box, since you'll never have a podium. Or a SO. You can't even answer direct questions either, no surprise.
 ladyc4
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/12/2013 10:01:32 AM

You are Not a man of God. Spokesman for Satan more like it.

pfft...he ain't that either. What he is, is spelled T.R.O.L.L.
Not to mention the "information" he is spewing is not even original.
Cindy O
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/12/2013 11:54:35 AM
Agreed. Troll. Nobody could be that fvcked up, lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Has "your type" evolved over time?