Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Has "your type" evolved over time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 54
Has your type evolved over time?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I was trying to figure out who he used to be.
 wolvesatthedoor
Msg: 55
Has your type evolved over time?
Posted: 12/14/2013 4:39:08 PM
^^^^I was more worried about what he is now!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/14/2013 5:56:54 PM
Now we won't find out how tonights date went ;(
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/14/2013 11:04:49 PM
My type hasn't changed much at all. I have always been charmed by intelligence and witty banter.

I am attracted to fit, athletic men with a good sense of humor, who treat me with respect and kindness. It would be great if my man also loves hiking.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/15/2013 7:19:29 AM

Ok now that all that ugliness has been removed we can see if the thread can be salvaged

As inappropriate as that dude was, I was having fun with it....

My type has not only gotten older he's become wiser as well. I used to love the Peter Pan guy. Never grow up!! I have little use for Peter anymore. Oh sure I want him to still have a twinkle in his eye and a spring in his step but he's mellowed out about the world and his expectations of it.

My type has evolved over the years as well. She should be kind, compassionate, caring, and nurturing, as well as, share some of my views on world, national, state, and local issues...in other words, she should be intelligent and informed. Of course, there always must be chemistry, but as we grow older and our looks fade, that internal beauty will shine so much brighter than that initial physical attraction.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/16/2013 4:12:06 PM
Yer darn tootin' it has. When I was younger and felt unaccepted there was a part of me that felt being with one of the "hot" guy would make me feel better about myself. Needless to say I was wrong. As I got older and more accepting of myself the more I open-minded I am about who I get to know. What grows and remains consistent are kind eyes, a ready smile and intelligence.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/20/2013 3:43:44 PM
Oh hell ya it evolved! Experience molds you. When I was young I was happy with an attractive affectionate partner, as I experienced life I learned ambition, work ethic, honesty and loyalty are FAR more important than any superficial appearance crap. At my age I'd date quasi modo if he had everything else I need...
 activemelaney
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2013 11:16:56 AM
Not at all. He needs to be fit, enjoy the outdoors and lead a healthy lifestyle. Looks unimportant..can be short, big nose, bald. A flat belly trumps a third wobbly eye.

These are the same prerequisites since Junior High.

The rest is too undefined. What makes a connection? The chemistry is there or it isn't. I 'suppose' humor, intelligence, communication, etc. but they are all motherhood and apple pie attributes until actually displayed in the real world.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/29/2013 8:57:15 AM
No not one bit. I still seek a man who knows how to TALK! One who knows the limitations of texting. Sheeeshh! One who can MATCH words with actions!
 Author4
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/29/2013 10:12:05 PM
I've certainly changed over the years. I'm much more attracted to women my age. I've learned to appreciate a kind heart, a big smile and the gentle warmth and confidence that goes along with a few wrinkles.
 Beauregard63
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/31/2013 6:04:49 PM
I don't know if you would call getting more wrinkly, saggy bigger around the middle and grey where there was red blonde brown or black and yellow where there was white a process of evolution - more likely to be called decay. My type personality wise has not changed much over the years but I like to think the personal appearance side has changed to keep pace with what I see happening in my own reflection.

Damn, it's hard to find a girl who wants to go to the bar and pick up chicks

Look no further than young inner city lesbians as your target of choice if that is your main criteria.
 L,A, Woman
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/12/2014 3:14:23 PM
Where do you live, I am like this but can't seem to find a man that appreciates softer, I like to do girlie things and this suits me fine. I have hobbies which many women these days don't, the compare themselves to others too much and don't invest time in getting to know themselves and their feminine side. This is important for women as well. I get your point.
 L,A, Woman
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/12/2014 3:45:16 PM
The word "sugar mommy" comes to mind, men want a woman to provide too now! I have dated this and well it is out there. Works both ways
 TOaks91360
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/8/2014 11:04:30 AM
Absolutely. I now prefer U.S. citizens that have their own health insurance.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/8/2014 12:33:45 PM

No.
Still the same "needle in a haystack" type that it was 40 years ago.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/9/2014 7:14:34 AM
Turns out I am somehwhat of a Sapiophile. Saw that on a profile and had to look it up.
Seems that good conversation with someone with an interest in the world not necessarily a highly educated lady is possibly more important than looks.
Looks are still the initial attraction, can have conversation with anyone but once the easy stuff has been said, where does it go?
 Midwest_Southwest2
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/9/2014 8:31:38 AM
No, I’ve just become more aware of what it has always been. I went through a period when I dated people who were not a good fit at all, in the belief that I was being open-minded and flexible. That was a bad idea. The type of men I dated in high school and college are still the best type for me.
 foodieguitarman
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/9/2014 8:39:20 AM
Absolutely !

For example, I got involved with a woman who had short dark hair and glasses - the nerdy type , very similar to the Marcie character on Charlie Brown, who I normally wouldn't be interested in. But, there was something about her eyes, the way she looked at me that I found very sexy and appealing.

Since then, women with short dark hair and glasses were added to what catches my eye .
 LuvADKs
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/21/2014 6:18:28 PM
I must say that my type certainly has evolved over time. When I was in my teens, 20's and 30's, I preferred 5'6" free-thinking brunettes in the 120-130 lb range. I now prefer 2'6" 45 lb goldens who like to go for walks and play catch. Very similar to the preferences I had when I was in middle school.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Has "your type" evolved over time?