Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Getting stood up multiple times...by the same person.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Getting stood up multiple times...by the same person.Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Wow, three times? I can understand the first time , because you had no way of knowing that they would stand you up. I can even understand the second time because perhaps they had a good enough excuse for the first time that you decided to give them a second chance. That's reasonable. But after they stood me up a second time, no excuse would be good enough. So there would NEVER be a third time.

So the question you should be asking OP is why you let these schmucks get away with treating you like this over and over.
 That_girl*
Msg: 27
Getting stood up multiple times...by the same person.
Posted: 6/3/2012 11:02:55 AM
Ive had this done to me plenty of times an

I agree with what 1 poster said in stead of the 3 strike rule make it 2 strikes an your out rule..

ok so sure anything can happen or come up when meeting somebody for the first time..

alright so make another date an time..

ok so once again mysteriously something has again came up at the last minute..

ok an on that note say ya know what never mind i see this isn't going to work you always have something to do an are always busy take care!

isn't it funny how at the very last minute something always happens or opps they forgot they had other plans or something to do..or they vanish only return or pop back up weeks or months later with some lame excuse but then want you to give then another chance..HA is what i say to all of that.
 SONNI100
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/3/2012 11:28:56 AM
You must be new?
 Calo93940
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/3/2012 6:28:24 PM
"Why stand someone up over and over? Personally, I would feel like a schmuck!"

So evidently you would feel like a scmuck if you did that to someone...but wouldn't feel like a smuck if someone did that to you....you know what happens to schumkers..just like the schukkers peanut butter and jelly..they get eaten....consumed...and you will too...can't change who we are...thats just your nature..

calo
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/3/2012 6:37:11 PM

Why stand someone up over and over? Personally, I would feel like a schmuck!

Why LET someone stand you up over and over?

If you haven't even met them and they're doing this it's obvious to me they don't actually want to meet.

If it were me in your situation I'd cut them loose.
 MyHandsHurt
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:26:45 PM
Are y'all just messing with each other now? Stop it with this person, or any other that does this to you.
I got stood up on a Saturday (he had to put his dog down but says he doesn't have one on his profile.) The next day, Sunday, I got stood up at the last minute by someone who seemed really interested in me. (The Affliction tee shirt was the red flag.) They both promised to make it up to me. Do you know how I make it up to me? Say GOODBYE.
This is interent dating and a numbers game. Keep playing. Discard the cards that are of no use to you.
 gotcommunication
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/3/2012 9:09:43 PM
The better question is...why are you putting up with it? he's giving you a snapshot of who he is...believe him and be thankful you didn't get involved. Move on to something better that you feel you deserve.
 0ldhag
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:13:11 AM
Imagine if u were actually dating or marrying this person? can you?

Exactly.

Let me call the pastor and get this wedding started!
 Wombat59
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:51:48 PM
Ive been stood up lots of times by the guy I have been seeing for the last 3 and a half years - I know he really needs to work and he is supporting his ex and 5 kids but just for once it would be real nice to come before work. Tonight he was coming over and texted around teatime that as the weather was nice he was gonna work on till daylight ended which meant he couldnt come over as I we live 90mins apart. thing is - this is a regular occurance - am I being too soft - he's a nice guy and we do have fun together and although we both werent looking to settle down or stuff like that I think i deserve a bit better !! and yes before anyone says it - its my fault too for letting him away with it so often!!
 Janet_Always
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/21/2012 6:22:06 AM
Having someone I can rely on is one of the most important things to me -- so no, I wouldn't continue to try and get to know someone that had constant scheduling changes (for whatever reason).

Some people DO have more complicated lives, but then they are just not for me.
 YAMACANMECRAZY
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/21/2012 6:44:04 AM
Don't be so quick to judge the OP. This could happen to any of the folks replying here. A smooth talker can make you believe they are sincere ..... But 4 times is the cut off LOL!
 CanIMakeULaugh
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:06:48 AM
Well, you know what they say:

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice (or, in this case, three times), shame on me.
 M4ry815
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/23/2012 4:48:55 PM
Sounds like you may have some scammers there
 curvesweetblonde99
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/24/2012 12:33:55 PM
Why would you accept a date with someone who already stood you up? Let alone allow yourself to be humiliated three times??? Do not make plans with anyone who stands you up - ever!!! Once they stand you up even one time, cut contact forever. The only excuse for not showing up for a date is if they were rushed to the ER (and they have proof).
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/24/2012 2:57:09 PM
He is making a fool out of you. Stop wasting your time with this idiot. Did he cancel because he got a better offer? Tell him to lose your number if he contacts you again, better yet, blow him off & don't answer his calls or texts. Delete his number. Move on.
 nurarms
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2012 4:26:00 PM
First time is a mistake,second time is a BAD decision,There is no Third. Cut the bs right there.If Someone truly wants to spend time with you,they will make the time to do so. I Believe in say what you mean and Mean what you say.
 nurarms
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2012 4:32:02 PM
Just got that same offer for breakfast tomorrow am (8-25-12)lol we will c .Probably not let me sit n wait by the phone tho,clear my schedule,Not........NEXT!!!! My time is too valuable even if im doing nothing at all.
 nurarms
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2012 4:32:28 PM
First time is a mistake,second time is a BAD decision,There is no Third. Cut the bs right there.If Someone truly wants to spend time with you,they will make the time to do so. I Believe in say what you mean and Mean what you say.
 friendshipcomesfirst
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/24/2012 8:21:48 PM
ummm... you ARE a schmuck... why would you agree to a second meet after being stood up??

I mean, I'll do benefit of the doubt. One guy texted me two days later and said he was in a car accident. So I agreed to meet him a second time. He didn' show and I didn't even bother asking why, I just let it go... he did text me to apologize and I ignored him. I have better things to do with my time than plan dates that won't happen.
 ro1970
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/25/2012 5:38:15 AM
why would you allow being stood up more than once?????

If someone does that to me, I can guarantee they are not given a second chance, much less multiple chances.
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/26/2012 10:46:32 PM
I agree with this. You don't do something over and over again unless it's satisfying to you.

He is disinterested in you and hence is not keen on meeting you. You should be building options in men instead of focusing on this one. Because while you have been trying to figure out why he is doing what he's doing, you are missing out on the other guys who are speaking to you and trying to set something up that could pan out.
 teebanksy
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/26/2014 4:46:45 PM
Honestly I did the same thing.. purely because we hit it off so much initially. Third time happened tonight - I think I'll be blocking his bum now.
 hemingway114
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/26/2014 4:57:51 PM
People who like you and have integrity don't break dates... or stand you up.
 ace41s
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/27/2014 3:17:14 AM
Is this someone you just met or someone you've known for a long time?

If it's someone you just met who 'stood you up' then you should just delete their number and leave.
 sigungq
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2014 8:06:09 AM
OP, why would you allow yourself to be put in that position repeatedly in the first place.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me............
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Getting stood up multiple times...by the same person.