Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Getting stood up multiple times...by the same person.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nurarms
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Getting stood up multiple times...by the same person.Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
First time is a mistake,second time is a BAD decision,There is no Third. Cut the bs right there.If Someone truly wants to spend time with you,they will make the time to do so. I Believe in say what you mean and Mean what you say.
 friendshipcomesfirst
Msg: 44
Getting stood up multiple times...by the same person.
Posted: 8/24/2012 8:21:48 PM
ummm... you ARE a schmuck... why would you agree to a second meet after being stood up??

I mean, I'll do benefit of the doubt. One guy texted me two days later and said he was in a car accident. So I agreed to meet him a second time. He didn' show and I didn't even bother asking why, I just let it go... he did text me to apologize and I ignored him. I have better things to do with my time than plan dates that won't happen.
 ro1970
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/25/2012 5:38:15 AM
why would you allow being stood up more than once?????

If someone does that to me, I can guarantee they are not given a second chance, much less multiple chances.
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/26/2012 10:46:32 PM
I agree with this. You don't do something over and over again unless it's satisfying to you.

He is disinterested in you and hence is not keen on meeting you. You should be building options in men instead of focusing on this one. Because while you have been trying to figure out why he is doing what he's doing, you are missing out on the other guys who are speaking to you and trying to set something up that could pan out.
 teebanksy
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/26/2014 4:46:45 PM
Honestly I did the same thing.. purely because we hit it off so much initially. Third time happened tonight - I think I'll be blocking his bum now.
 hemingway114
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/26/2014 4:57:51 PM
People who like you and have integrity don't break dates... or stand you up.
 ace41s
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/27/2014 3:17:14 AM
Is this someone you just met or someone you've known for a long time?

If it's someone you just met who 'stood you up' then you should just delete their number and leave.
 sigungq
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2014 8:06:09 AM
OP, why would you allow yourself to be put in that position repeatedly in the first place.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me............
 bamagrl68
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/30/2014 10:47:02 AM
rainbowcolors- When I first started online dating, A man initiated contact with me. He told me he worked off shore and that when he came on shore in two weeks, he would call and schedule a meet. The time came and I didn't hear from him, so I thought, oh well. A month later he did it again and the month after that. The whole thing had me feeling very confused, he was the one that was initiating contact, all three times. When he did it the third time, I confronted him and he admitted that he was meeting other people and going out with them, apparently I was the back up plan. I gave him a piece of my mind and told him in no uncertain terms NOT to contact me anymore.
This could be what is happening with your situation, OR maybe they chicken out, or maybe they are flakes.
Who knows.
What I learned fairly quickly was that with online dating, you are going to get the players, the cheats, the flakes, whatever.
You have to learn not to take it personally, it's not you, it's them.
Take on that mind set and hope that you meet the rare person who won't shine you on. It will take some time and there will be aggravation again in the future, but if you luck out and find a good person, it will be worth it :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Getting stood up multiple times...by the same person.