Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 akanova
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Quit looking online when in a relationship.Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The second the woman i'm seeing confirms that we're dating my profile is shutting down or made as hidden. I would hope that she would do the same to be fair.

If she decided to keep the profile in view and active to chat to more men then that would leave me to think she's still looking and not really taking our dating seriously enough.
 colomtman
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Quit looking online when in a relationship.
Posted: 6/7/2012 4:50:34 AM
i think that is one of the big problems on here ...my experiance...a lot of women are on here ...just use these sites..for entertainment...they already have someone..or are married... some of us are really looking for someone to date..one of the big problems with dating now is you do have an endless supply of "fish" not like the old days when where you lived and worked was your pond... most people i think ... can get caught up ...in the ...there is always something better out there....and the truth is there is...but at some point ..you get caught at an age when the choices are less.....i think if you like someone and are interested in a relationship..then you need to hide your profile at the very least... you can still get on the forum... but then why do you need to be on here if you have a significant other to talk to??? all of the women i have met on here have continued to meet and greet and spend hours on the sites... i find that to be a very loud message that they are not really interested...no matter what they say...
 joe_226
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Quit looking online when in a relationship.
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:06:57 AM
Finetta,
I guess it just depends on the couple. I've never deleted my POF account, but haven't logged on it either out of respect for my significant other.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >